AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stolen Videos

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NicoleRiley said:
BeetFarmer said:
See you at the convention next year in Vegas "bb" so you can say it to my face? I bet a lot of models would relish that opportunity.

What is comical is that you piss and moan about me (even though I had not shown up in the thread until after the fact) and then you piss and moan about it being continued when you are questioned on your choice of words. I still have not taken the low road and said anything derogatory about you as a person. Anything I may have said were observations or opinions, not a direct insult. Could I have said "Boy, Nicole is such a fucking whore!"? Sure, but why would I? Doing that does absolutely nothing.

You opened yourself up to a discussion by choosing to publicly berate me. It honestly doesn't phase me and if anything makes me laugh. A lot of the things I see models post about me on Twitter, social media or that they have stated in their MFC rooms makes me laugh. It's almost like a badge of honour.

:hello2: :handgestures-salute:

I would LOVE for you to walk up and introduce yourself in Vegas. Please do. You do not scare me. Trying to intimidate me is comical. I have never talked about you on Twitter or have ever mentioned you anywhere before. You are not someone I think about on a daily basis. I just saw what I thought was you post and said what was on my mind about "you" trying to justify what you do. I think that you making money off other people is totally wrong. But that's my opinion.

It obviously does phase you, because I was done talking about it and you felt the need to continue. If you're going to step on people's toes then you need to learn to handle being disliked.

:twocents-02cents:

Actually to you (and the others who commented on convention comment) it was not in the slightest intended to be some act of "intimidation", but it's clear that everyone has some preconceived notion. The comment was meant to be sarcastic seeing as I was toying with the idea of going anyway.

Come on Nicole, really? "If you're going to step on people's toes then you need to learn to handle being disliked." Should you not take that advice to heart considering you bellyached about others making preconceived notions about you? You can't say give advice if you yourself are breaching it.

And no, it doesn't "faze" me at all. That is not why I posted. I signed up and posted for a couple reasons, 1. To see if Amber would ban the account and 2. To see what sort of reception would be given. So far neither models nor regular members have surprised me. The only one that has is Amber herself.

And I never said you had moaned about me on social media, which is why I said "models" and not you specifically. Will you turn anything I say around as a direct comment to you?

BeetFarmer said:
NicoleRiley said:
BeetFarmer said:
See you at the convention next year in Vegas "bb" so you can say it to my face? I bet a lot of models would relish that opportunity.

What is comical is that you piss and moan about me (even though I had not shown up in the thread until after the fact) and then you piss and moan about it being continued when you are questioned on your choice of words. I still have not taken the low road and said anything derogatory about you as a person. Anything I may have said were observations or opinions, not a direct insult. Could I have said "Boy, Nicole is such a fucking whore!"? Sure, but why would I? Doing that does absolutely nothing.

You opened yourself up to a discussion by choosing to publicly berate me. It honestly doesn't phase me and if anything makes me laugh. A lot of the things I see models post about me on Twitter, social media or that they have stated in their MFC rooms makes me laugh. It's almost like a badge of honour.

I would LOVE for you to walk up and introduce yourself in Vegas. Please do. You do not scare me. Trying to intimidate me is comical. I have never talked about you on Twitter or have ever mentioned you anywhere before. You are not someone I think about on a daily basis. I just saw what I thought was you post and said what was on my mind about "you" trying to justify what you do. I think that you making money off other people is totally wrong. But that's my opinion.

It obviously does phase you, because I was done talking about it and you felt the need to continue. If you're going to step on people's toes then you need to learn to handle being disliked.

Actually to you (and the others who commented on convention comment) it was not in the slightest intended to be some act of "intimidation", but it's clear that everyone has some preconceived notion. The comment was meant to be sarcastic seeing as I was toying with the idea of going anyway.

Come on Nicole, really? "If you're going to step on people's toes then you need to learn to handle being disliked." Should you not take that advice to heart considering you bellyached about others making preconceived notions about you? You can't say give advice if you yourself are breaching it.

And no, it doesn't "faze" me at all. That is not why I posted. I signed up and posted for a couple reasons, 1. To see if Amber would ban the account and 2. To see what sort of reception would be given. So far neither models nor regular members have surprised me. The only one that has is Amber herself.

And I never said you had moaned about me on social media, which is why I said "models" and not you specifically. Will you turn anything I say around as a direct comment to you?

Sorry I took your "you can say it to my face" comment negatively. Everyone knows that sarcasm is not conveyed well through text. I do have a preconceived notion of you. You do a disservice to models so I am defensive and assume you're being malicious. I acknowledge that I should not go into situations this way, but it is human nature. It's just like how you all jumped to conclusions about me after hearing about one thing that I did. I also realize this is human nature.

Mainly I was annoyed at how wrong you all got things. Little "facts" that were absolutely incorrect. I don't care what you think of me, but I get annoyed when people are saying things based on "facts" that are not correct. I am used to people trolling me and saying hateful things so it's not like this is anything new. But this is the first time someone has taken my words (in more than one situation) and twisted them.

We're basically just going in circles here. I don't agree with what you do, and you don't have to like me. It is what it is. This thread has been completely derailed and has gone off topic.

I do have a question that has always puzzled me and it is on the topic of stolen videos. Why is it that cappers get all possessive over "their content"? You are mad that someone is stealing something that you stole? Makes no sense to me. In my opinion you have zero right to tell other people not to take your "work" and post it as their own. Do you acknowledge that it is hypocritical?

NicoleRiley said:
BeetFarmer said:
NicoleRiley said:
BeetFarmer said:

Sorry I took your "you can say it to my face" comment negatively. Everyone knows that sarcasm is not conveyed well through text. I do have a preconceived notion of you. You do a disservice to models so I am defensive and assume you're being malicious. I acknowledge that I should not go into situations this way, but it is human nature. It's just like how you all jumped to conclusions about me after hearing about one thing that I did. I also realize this is human nature.

Mainly I was annoyed at how wrong you all got things. Little "facts" that were absolutely incorrect. I don't care what you think of me, but I get annoyed when people are saying things based on "facts" that are not correct. I am used to people trolling me and saying hateful things so it's not like this is anything new. But this is the first time someone has taken my words (in more than one situation) and twisted them.

We're basically just going in circles here. I don't agree with what you do, and you don't have to like me. It is what it is. This thread has been completely derailed and has gone off topic.

I do have a question that has always puzzled me and it is on the topic of stolen videos. Why is it that cappers get all possessive over "their content"? You are mad that someone is stealing something that you stole? Makes no sense to me. In my opinion you have zero right to tell other people not to take your "work" and post it as their own. Do you acknowledge that it is hypocritical?

That's always gotten a chuckle out of me when I've been looking through forums to report videos/pictures to MFC. HOW DARE YOU STEAL THIS THING THAT I STOLE! Would love to see "Dwight" or one of these other cappers moon-logic on this one!

zippypinhead said:
Kenshi said:
Would love to see "Dwight" or one of these other cappers moon-logic on this one!

Well, you see, gravity on the Moon is only 1/6 the strength of that on Earth, so you only weigh 1/6 as much on the Moon. This enables a person to get protective over the stuff that they pirate. It's fucking science, man.

I see that you're not an old school Sierra On-Line fan. ;)

Honestly (in my opinion anyways), it's less about the fact that our work is being pirated (although that does matter) and more about the fact that when we're camming, we have the ability to geo-block locations and a lot of camgirls do this for safety reasons.

Geo blocking doesn't work if the creepy dues are using a good proxy method. That is a false sense of security.

Our capped material isn't geo-restricted and if, for example, that creepy guy that lives down the street from me happens across a screencap/recording of me, he's going to know exactly where to find me whereas if that same creepy guy that lives down the street happens upon MFC, it's less likely that he's going to find me since I have my location blocked

You're right, most of the time that probably works well enough. Personally I wouldn't bet my safety or my kids safety on it.

Sure, there are still ways around it and those of us who have been in this business are well aware of it, but it's at least a small thing that's in place to help models stay safe from harm.

As I said, a false sense of security. Sort of like the seatbelts and airbags in my Geo Metro make me feel like I might survive that impact with a deer or a drunk. I feel confident until it actually happens.

Yes, these are all risks that we take as camgirls working our butts off in this business but it seems that cappers have no regard for our personal safety whatsoever and I think that's the thing that a lot of people get worked up over.

Well just ask princess Di how much regard the public and the press has for a celebs safety. At least you are aware of the possibility the creepy old dude down the road MIGHT... might find you.

And airbags always work. Just sayin.

So, you know, telling us to "just get over it" isn't actually helpful.

Actually I never said that, I said be aware, and accept the risk or.... get another job. Keep in mind the more you kick and scream about it, the more people find out it's done and they can easily do it.

I'd protect that info like I'd hide my location.

And I hope I'm not coming across like a douchebag. If so feel free to kick me. :lol:

I'm just pointing a few things out that popped in my head while reading this thread, I'm not telling anyone to get over it or anything of the sort.

Saying to a camgirl "Your shit's gonna be all over the internet, so, if you don't like it then don't work it"

I didn't say that. I said the job has risks that you can't control in totality, so accept the risk or get another job. I used to have a job sticking explosives into drilled holes at a rock quarry. I liked the job, and I accepted the risks that I could very well blow myself up. One day I almost did and I got another job that was not quite so dangerous. I knew the risks, and I took them until it almost got me killed. The rewards for the risk was acceptable, up to the point the risk became all too real. :lol:

Which was all I was saying. Really.
;)

The Insider said:
Maybe i'm missing something but has no one else made the connection as to who beet farmer is ?

Some dude who signed up on this forum on March 10th just to give NicoleRiley a hard time? :think:

The Insider said:
Maybe i'm missing something but has no one else made the connection as to who beet farmer is ?

Yeah we've already established who he is. The leader of the land of the cappers!

I should start capping my own shows and posting them so that at least I'm the one who's making the money :lol:

Reactions: The Insider
Yeah, he's Dwight K Schrute (schrute farms on the tv show "the office" is a beet farm) from [site name banned*6].net that seems to do nothing but screen cap all mfc models even if sleeping and redistributing vids that models have sold.

It's hosted in Oz & the parent company is Swede. Interesting reading info on them here http://www.economicfrauds.com/Potential-Prostitutes.html

P.s. You'd be surprised who owns some of these sites. Sometimes it's even the person you are working for

Reactions: Rebecca Buck
yummybrownfox said:
BeetFarmer said:
I signed up and posted for a couple reasons, 1. To see if Amber would ban the account.....

Wow...an ACF member who actually ADMITS to being a troll? LOL. How refreshing.

I have not admitted to anything of the sort, but rather you have taken something I said and put it into your own misconstrued context. That comment was merely to state that I figured Amber would have simply banned the account of the "notorious Dwight_K_Schrute" when I said who I was. Some people would not be apt to have the "enemy" as a member on their board regardless of the fact that forums are usually supposed to be just that, an open forum for discussion.

You seem to relish your opportunity to be sarcastic with me eh? Sarcasm is fine, but keep in mind I have means of getting the last laugh, heh.

NicoleRiley said:

Well anything I have said on the matter is misconstrued, or I jot down a response quickly (as was the case a while back) and it was taken in a different context then was intended as I was not fully clear. As I posted earlier on [site name banned*6] (prior to even seeing this question on ACF) I have issue with the re-posters as many of the people who re-post do simply that, they re-post and add nothing new. That is where my gripe comes in. In the past I know of at least one comment I made where I was hasty in the response and it appeared that I was complaining about the fact I felt cheated by others re-posting the videos I spent time making. That was not the intended message, but it is what it is and it gave models and their white knights something to fuel their fire over.

Now many models will jump down my throat on that subject, which is fine, however can models not also be called hypocrites and called out on similar grounds of copyright infringement? Many models listen to music while streaming live or using music in the videos they sell. This is copyright infringement. Did you secure the rights to use the music while making money in the process? I am not pointing a figure at anyone here, but rather making a point. And then there are the models who will take the recorded shows either they themselves recorded or that were done by a capper and sell those. That too constitutes copyright infringement, regardless of whether you are in the video. You cannot claim I am infringing and then turn around and take that same material and state you are not.

We can go back and forth until the cows come home, but a model and a capper will never see eye to eye on 99% of this.

NicoleRiley said:
The Insider said:

Yeah we've already established who he is. The leader of the land of the cappers!

I should start capping my own shows and posting them so that at least I'm the one who's making the money :lol:

See above...also, you are most welcome to join the ranks of the capper and post on [site name banned*6].net or [site name banned*7].org! In fact I encourage you to do so (no joke). I'll even coach you if you like - free of charge.

Also, I am the leader? This is news to me. It's interesting to see how high up you feel I am. I've been placed on a pedestal.

The Insider said:

I already stated who I was, so if anyone is misinformed they clearly have comprehension problems.

The Insider said:
Yeah, he's Dwight K Schrute (schrute farms on the tv show "the office" is a beet farm) from [site name banned*6].net that seems to do nothing but screen cap all mfc models even if sleeping and redistributing vids that models have sold.

Does this make you Captain Obvious? Or were you just left behind in the American education system?

BeetFarmer said:
And then there are the models who will take the recorded shows either they themselves recorded or that were done by a capper and sell those. That too constitutes copyright infringement, regardless of whether you are in the video. You cannot claim I am infringing and then turn around and take that same material and state you are not

I 100% disagree with you on this. But that's just me.

In my opinion, cappers do absolutely nothing compared to models. You film us working and then upload it. I have the right to download resell that video if I want to. I have never done that, but I should start!

I gave MFC the right to use my image and for members, basics, and guests to view my image on that site. You are essentially stealing from MFC. I double checked my contract (after the fake Dwight posted what his "lawyer" told him) and it says no where that I have given consent for a member of MFC to redistribute my shows. So I feel that if I take that video of myself that was filmed from MFC I am allowed to resell it.

Again, this is my opinion and I get that you may not agree with it. I just fail to see what gives you guys the right to do what you do.

ETA: Oh, and my comment about you being the "king of the land of the cappers" was sarcasm. Again, proof that sarcasm doesn't come through in text. I was just confused as to why 'Insider' was asking that question since you had stated who you were already and it was quite obvious who you were so I figured I'd be a bit overdramatic :lol:

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
BeetFarmer said:
You have taken something I said and put it into your own misconstrued context.

You said this about yourself....."I signed up and posted for a couple reasons, 1. To see if Amber would ban the account....." LOL. There's no "misconstruing" anything. It's what you said. That's how mature you are. You signed up on a camming forum to see how quick you could get yourself banned...because, ya know, that's what ALL the mature adults do. :thumbleft:

BeetFarmer said:
Some people would not be apt to have the "enemy" as a member on their board...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

keep in mind I have means of getting the last laugh, heh.

Ooh, it sounds like Mr. I'm-a-douchebag-who-steals-models'-videos-and-brags-about-it-on-a-camming-forum just made a threat.....

Go sit your freeloading ass the fuck down and "beet" off some more.

Beet Juice isn't worth posting to. He makes outrageous statements then when called on them, he denies them, saying you "got the context wrong" or kindred.

Classic internet troll.

Reactions: Rose
Wait wait wait.

I got curious about what, exactly, the models are agreeing to when they join the site, so I looked up the model agreement (PDF.) I had assumed that MFC was working under some kind of a licensing scheme, since the models are required to bring to the table pretty much all but the hosting. But that's not the case. The model agreement is "For Hire" which means that, according to that contract, everything you produce as a model in association with MFC is their moral and intellectual property. You, the model, forfeit all claims to everything streamed and possibly uploaded to MFC, including your face and your name, forever. More than that, you, the model, assume all the risk associated with piracy or defamation in connection with MFC material.

This is kind of insane. I really am shocked.

What it means is that, unfortunately, the beet farmer is technically right when he states that any model who wishes to sell caps of their own streams through a third party are committing copyright infringement according to the contract.

HOWEVER

That doesn't indemnify the behavior of cappers in the least. "You models are infringing too!" is the "I am rubber, you are glue" gambit of legal defense. It's ridiculous, and it doesn't excuse the fact that cappers are still committing blatant acts of piracy. They can rationalize it all they want, but they're still criminals and parasites (and let's face it, they know that -- otherwise, they wouldn't be here trying to defend their twisted character.)

But, seriously, that contract is balls-out FUCKED.

zippypinhead said:
Wait wait wait.

I got curious about what, exactly, the models are agreeing to when they join the site, so I looked up the model agreement (PDF.) I had assumed that MFC was working under some kind of a licensing scheme, since the models are required to bring to the table pretty much all but the hosting. But that's not the case. The model agreement is "For Hire" which means that, according to that contract, everything you produce as a model in association with MFC is their moral and intellectual property. You, the model, forfeit all claims to everything streamed and possibly uploaded to MFC, including your face and your name, forever. More than that, you, the model, assume all the risk associated with piracy or defamation in connection with MFC material.

What it means is that, unfortunately, the beet farmer is technically right when he states that any model who wishes to sell caps of their own streams through a third party are committing copyright infringement according to the contract.

HOWEVER

That doesn't indemnify the behavior of cappers in the least. "You models are infringing too!" is the "I am rubber, you are glue" gambit of legal defense. It's ridiculous, and it doesn't excuse the fact that cappers are still committing blatant acts of piracy. They can rationalize it all they want, but they're still criminals and parasites (and let's face it, they know that -- otherwise, they wouldn't be here trying to defend their twisted character.)

They're all balls-out fucked. More than once I have seen models freak out because they didn't bother to read their contract (many of you know I am not often a deliberately mean person, but if you sign up for a cam site and don't read the contract, you're fucking stupid) and later find out the reality of what they agreed to.

Many models like to construe camming and cam sites as safe and secure. They like to imagine that what happens in the live stream stays in the live stream, and that's not true. The websites you work through all use your content, and the majority of people in the world honestly believe there isn't anything wrong with reusing or retrading a model's image as much as they want, maliciously or for their own profit. That is never going to change.

Yes, I find it irritating when my content is shared and sold without my knowledge or consent, mostly because even though I never know what is happening with my likeness anyway, I still like to pretend that I do know what's going on. Considering where I work through, though, I don't need cappers to spread my videos. At the very least, I would prefer to get a nice message from those scoundrel cappers letting me know what's up.

And I'm sure this has been noted somewhere in the thread, and I'm sure this is going to make you all very upset with me, but I agree that there is a deal of hypocrisy surrounding capping. I have seen some women post how evil and cunty cappers are in one thread, and then turn around and offer illegal download links for movies and music in other areas. I know that this certainly does not apply to everyone, but it feels like many models share the same philosophy as cappers (it's okay to steal, just don't steal MY stuff, please).

BeetFarmer said:
yummybrownfox said:
BeetFarmer said:
I signed up and posted for a couple reasons, 1. To see if Amber would ban the account.....

Wow...an ACF member who actually ADMITS to being a troll? LOL. How refreshing.

I have not admitted to anything of the sort, but rather you have taken something I said and put it into your own misconstrued context. That comment was merely to state that I figured Amber would have simply banned the account of the "notorious Dwight_K_Schrute" when I said who I was. Some people would not be apt to have the "enemy" as a member on their board regardless of the fact that forums are usually supposed to be just that, an open forum for discussion.

You seem to relish your opportunity to be sarcastic with me eh? Sarcasm is fine, but keep in mind I have means of getting the last laugh, heh.

NicoleRiley said:

Well anything I have said on the matter is misconstrued, or I jot down a response quickly (as was the case a while back) and it was taken in a different context then was intended as I was not fully clear. As I posted earlier on [site name banned*6] (prior to even seeing this question on ACF) I have issue with the re-posters as many of the people who re-post do simply that, they re-post and add nothing new. That is where my gripe comes in. In the past I know of at least one comment I made where I was hasty in the response and it appeared that I was complaining about the fact I felt cheated by others re-posting the videos I spent time making. That was not the intended message, but it is what it is and it gave models and their white knights something to fuel their fire over.

Now many models will jump down my throat on that subject, which is fine, however can models not also be called hypocrites and called out on similar grounds of copyright infringement? Many models listen to music while streaming live or using music in the videos they sell. This is copyright infringement. Did you secure the rights to use the music while making money in the process? I am not pointing a figure at anyone here, but rather making a point. And then there are the models who will take the recorded shows either they themselves recorded or that were done by a capper and sell those. That too constitutes copyright infringement, regardless of whether you are in the video. You cannot claim I am infringing and then turn around and take that same material and state you are not.

We can go back and forth until the cows come home, but a model and a capper will never see eye to eye on 99% of this.

NicoleRiley said:
The Insider said:

See above...also, you are most welcome to join the ranks of the capper and post on [site name banned*6].net or [site name banned*7].org! In fact I encourage you to do so (no joke). I'll even coach you if you like - free of charge.

Also, I am the leader? This is news to me. It's interesting to see how high up you feel I am. I've been placed on a pedestal.

The Insider said:

I already stated who I was, so if anyone is misinformed they clearly have comprehension problems.

The Insider said:

Does this make you Captain Obvious? Or were you just left behind in the American education system?

There's copyright infringement, and then there's copyright infringement where the copyright owner doesn't care, or actually likes it when their content is used in other medias. Video game makers tend not to file DMCAs to video game streamers because... surprise... when people see video games being played their chances of buying said video game (if they liked it) goes way the fuck up. It's like free advertising! Manga producers are also like this, they care more about their content being out there (so that they can become really popular and get licensed for an anime then make a ton of money) then it being pirated. The same could be said with music producers, now yes there are particularly protective ones that don't want their stuff out anywhere without the proper royalties... but I can't tell you how many times a model has been listening to a song, and guess what, people like it and then ask what's the name of it so that they can buy it and listen to it themselves. Notice how there hasn't been a big who-ha about models playing music on cam or in their sold video... I'm sure that SOMEONE who works for the record industry has seen MFC... and would be glad to try and get MFC to stop this... because I have seen cease and disist filing/DMCAs before sent to MFC and they've responded accordingly and told the model to stop! This hasen't happened because they don't fucking care!

What MFC does care however about is what you do... from both an ethical and monetary standpoint, which is why they send out DMCA requests for models!

See... there's a difference! Love your attempts at legitimize what you do by saying YOU'RE BREAKING COPYRIGHT TOOOOO SEE THIS IS THE SAME! Because playing songs in the background and putting models in danger from camming if someone who knows them in real life sees one of those videos who wouldn't normally see video of her camming because said model has the areas blocked they want blocked IS TOTALLY EQUAL IN ALL WAYS AND ONE IS DEFINITELY NOT WORSE THEN THE OTHER... NOPE NOT AT ALL!!!

Also pretty fucking sure that NBC cares (or would care) about what you do... Using not only using the likeness of actor Rainn Wilson, and also using a screenshot from their show The Office as your profile pic, but you're also using his name... and other stuff from the show such as the name of the company with your capping... You give NEGATIVE publicity to the show... which I find hilarious considering you're obviously such a fanboy of the show!

In regards to models breaking copyright law when reselling videos of themselves taken from a live MFC stream, poopy McCapper pants is right- ish . Here be the "Ish" ...
If a model records a show from MFC and sells it on a site other than MFC, for funds MFC will never see a cut of, that model is indeed committing a crime.
If the model sells those videos through MFC only, for tokens, then no it's not. That is in fact how 99% of recorded shows are sold so the point and argument was pretty silly.

I know for myself anyway, the few videos I do have that are edited recorded shows I knowingly do not sell on my C4S store. Only tokens via MFC. I'm not saying this is 100% of the time by any means but C'mon.
Now I will say that I could actually post all but one of my "recorded" shows technically because Lucy and I recorded from a second source and Amber and I have a professional videographer... though it still doesn't feel right to me because MFC provided the ability for that show to be happening and I feel they deserve a cut of those.

But you know, I'm a nice person who tries to always do the right thing. It's a pretty sweet and satisfying way to live. ;)

I went to [site name banned*7].org and it says my Ip is banned.
I've never been there I was just going to kill my curiosity.

I did look over kittykats, I dont get it, why cap a public show? And if it was a public show, why whine that it got capped? You did it for free, in public.

I guess if I was a camgirl or basement dwelling creeper, I'd understand it but...
:lol:

Man you guys (cappers/swappers) gotta get a fucking hobby and a girlfriend. Seriously. I mean WTF do you do with TERABYTES of video data? Explain this to me.

I can't imagine the countless hours you guys put into this "hobby". I barely have time to surf here and there and catch a few peeks and a post or 2.

Jesus Christ, what did your mommies do to you?
:lol:

JoleneBrody said:
In regards to models breaking copyright law when reselling videos of themselves taken from a live MFC stream, poopy McCapper pants is right- ish . Here be the "Ish" ...
If a model records a show from MFC and sells it on a site other than MFC, for funds MFC will never see a cut of, that model is indeed committing a crime.
If the model sells those videos through MFC only, for tokens, then no it's not. That is in fact how 99% of recorded shows are sold so the point and argument was pretty silly.

I know for myself anyway, the few videos I do have that are edited recorded shows I knowingly do not sell on my C4S store. Only tokens via MFC. I'm not saying this is 100% of the time by any means but C'mon.
Now I will say that I could actually post all but one of my "recorded" shows technically because Lucy and I recorded from a second source and Amber and I have a professional videographer... though it still doesn't feel right to me because MFC provided the ability for that show to be happening and I feel they deserve a cut of those.

But you know, I'm a nice person who tries to always do the right thing. It's a pretty sweet and satisfying way to live. ;)

This part is not true, unless you have received expressed written consent from MFC. Under their contract for models, they completely own any video that was recorded from their stream on MFC. It doesn't matter if they are receiving a cut, if paid for by tokens, they have a right to the entire proceeds from that sale. If you recorded it by other means, as you mentioned in your post, and did not record the actual stream to MFC you are well within your rights to use that recording how you see fit.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
BeetFarmer said:
Some people would not be apt to have the "enemy" as a member on their board regardless of the fact that forums are usually supposed to be just that, an open forum for discussion.

This might be the only thing we'll agree on, even if it's a bit disingenuous. There's no way your forum would embrace a discussion that questioned its existence. And I don't think that's wrong. Forums are self-selecting communities. Your forum attracts members who are either cap-happy or cap-hungry, most of whom, I assume, are touching their cocks. And it's never fair to argue with someone who's been handicapped by his bloodflow.

But this isn't that, and I do think it's important that you're allowed to be here. I might have the urge to choke you out, but I'm still interested in what you say, and how you say it.

zippypinhead said:
Wait wait wait.

HOWEVER

It is a very standard contract and there is nothing unusual about it. I think many people would be surprised what rights they sign away in employment contracts. They can dictate what you wear, what you say and what you can do when not actually working. The big thing now is binding arbitration, you sign away your right to take your employer to court if they abuse you in some ways.

Alexandra Cole said:
BeetFarmer said:
Some people would not be apt to have the "enemy" as a member on their board regardless of the fact that forums are usually supposed to be just that, an open forum for discussion.

This might be the only thing we'll agree on, even if it's a bit disingenuous. There's no way your forum would embrace a discussion that questioned its existence. And I don't think that's wrong. Forums are self-selecting communities. Your forum attracts members who are either cap-happy or cap-hungry, most of whom, I assume, are touching their cocks. And it's never fair to argue with someone who's been handicapped by his bloodflow.

But this isn't that, and I do think it's important that you're allowed to be here. I might have the urge to choke you out, but I'm still interested in what you say, and how you say it.
I can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear a fellow model say something to the tune of this.

It drives me batty sometimes that there is an expectation among the other models that I'll just immediately ban any person from this forum who either does or says things that they don't like or agree with. If that was the case, this would be a very boring place to hang out, and we'd never have any conversations that would make us think outside of our comfort zones.

I appreciate a variety of people, opinions, and view points here. There most certainly are times where people DO need to be removed for being just downright awful to those they interact with here, but I will always try to give them the benefit of the doubt for at least a post or few.

I may even go so far as to say that our dear Beet Farmer speaks with a more mature and thought-out style than a good handful of other folks here, and while most of us don't like what he does for a hobby, he hasn't gone out of his way to be a dick to anyone here at ACF. I understand what he said about wanting to see if he'd be banned outright, and I didn't take that as a troll comment. I believe he meant it as in his reputation may get him banned immediately, regardless of what he posted.

Granted, this isn't a direct threat:

"You seem to relish your opportunity to be sarcastic with me eh? Sarcasm is fine, but keep in mind I have means of getting the last laugh, heh."

But it's a veiled threat. I really don't consider veiled threats, even if they reference something harmless to be "mature discourse."

Just Me said:
It is a very standard contract and there is nothing unusual about it. I think many people would be surprised what rights they sign away in employment contracts. They can dictate what you wear, what you say and what you can do when not actually working. The big thing now is binding arbitration, you sign away your right to take your employer to court if they abuse you in some ways.

True.

But I would say there's a difference between standard employment contracts and what MFC is doing. Work for hire in the case of a typical business atmosphere secures rights for work done in the name of the company itself by employees who are only working for that company. However, MFC is not an exclusive employer. In fact, they seem to have absolutely no problem with models simulcasting the same video feed through different cam sites. The problem, here, stems from the fact that each of these companies, through use of contractual language like this, is claiming exclusive rights to that feed. They can't all have exclusive rights to that feed. So, say a model is streaming her room on MFC and LiveJasmin at the same time, that model is committing a breach of contract.

No, standard to the industry or not, this is a predatory contract, meant to cover every inch of the company's ass, should they decide in the future to change their game or should they ever run into trouble where a model is concerned. It might even be quasi-legal. Indeed, the language of that contract is stated in such a way that a great deal if not most of the standard practices employed by models to make money -- activities which are condoned and even actively encouraged by these sites, studios, and even other models -- are actually practices that break the contract. It's shady. It's shysterism. And, really, it isn't even legal language that is in the best interest of the sites. I can think of all sorts of situations where this sort of contract would only backfire due to disputes between separate site owners over their claims to "exclusive" rights to the same material. This is messy stuff.

If this was a scrupulous business model, the contract would be structured in a way that is actually standard for independent content providers, which, unless they're doing work that is fully and exclusively contained to a single website, is really what the models are. The greatest asset that an independent content provider has is the ability to control the rights to her work. Taking out "for hire" and "exclusive" from the agreement would go a long way toward making the agreement legitimate. A nonexclusive license, even one that says, "we can do whatever we want with what you stream and post to this site, but it's your content to stream and post elsewhere," would be far more amenable to the realities of how cam models actually work.

Nordling said:
Granted, this isn't a direct threat:

"You seem to relish your opportunity to be sarcastic with me eh? Sarcasm is fine, but keep in mind I have means of getting the last laugh, heh."

But it's a veiled threat. I really don't consider veiled threats, even if they reference something harmless to be "mature discourse."
I think this is an instance of you being a bit biased and too nit-picky because it was directed at your favorite person. I closed the report on it because honestly it really isn't anything to be looked further into.

Edited to add: sure it wasn't the most stand-up thing to say, but I still stand by my comment that he speaks more maturely than many, even popular, posters here at ACF.

Status
Not open for further replies.