AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streammate now doing MFC style 'never pay for cams' ads?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been advertising with free LIVE cams for awhile now, they just conveniently leave out the paid chat part. :lol: Sign up is free and free chat is free, but shows aren't, which is the part they usually leave out.

This particular ad is kind of dumb. I mean, guys are going to go click on the link and realize that you do actually need a credit card to sign up, even though the ad says you don't.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Rose
I guess the whole idea is that the more traffic someone might be a freeloader for a while and eventually choose to spend some money, but jeeze, they're just attracting more idiots who are there for free shows to camsites. I haven't worked on streamate so not really sure how it works/the kind of crowds, but as I've heard the rules are a lot more strict so I guess more people understand you do have to pay, whilst mfcs, you really don't, and it sucks that they're bringing more and more people there telling them they never have to pay and have them thinking they never do. And because mfc does not stick to it's rules then although it is "myfreecams" not "myfreeshows" members can still get a free show 24/7.

Hi Ladies,

I worked on Streamate for a few months before joining MFC.

Here are some of the major differences:

The currency there is 'gold', $1 = 1 gold and you don't pre-purchase your gold the way you do on mfc. Streamate gets your credit card info when you sign up so you can tip or go pvt or whatever you're going to do with the push of a button. You can set a daily spending limit but if you don't have that, there's really nothing stopping you but willpower.

There's less traffic. When I left Streamate, after being there for 3 months, I had over 4,000 favorites and sat on the 2nd page of models. (Over 5,000 favorites and you make the first page). I would sit with maybe 30-40 people in my room usually. On mfc I'm new, I've been on this site about 6 weeks and I sit with around 150-200 in my room.

There's absolutely no Vag in free chat. They'll close your account within minutes. You can show everything else- but no "xxx shows" in the free chat area. I will say, for whatever reason it was much 'easier' to make money there initially but the longer I'm on mfc the easier it gets.

For them to advertise "free" is pretty ridiculous since there's really no such thing as a free show on streamate.

Reactions: Jupiter551
That is run by an affiliate/white label in an effort to push for lots of sign-ups. The main person behind these ads would be Abbie, former owner of OHC. She has ripped off a ton of models back in her day. . she's on the freeones hall of shame.. . yada yada. (How pathetic it is that she is using video feeds from all her former OHC models on this, btw.)

Anyway, Streamate's affiliate program, MoneyTree, pays 40$ for a sign-up. . the guy that signs up doesn't even have to spend a dime. So, I am sure she realized that Streamate's affiliate program is a little bit more lucrative than the whole BAF thing she was pushing before. Yeah, it sucks for the models, but it is what it is. . .

I have seen streamate use gold shows or pvts for advertising,not one show but it goes through different models all the time,showing all for free.like...WTF?
Models stay away from streamate or your pvts will be all over the net,i don't mean teasing but full blown hardcore

Charli_Snow said:
There's less traffic. When I left Streamate, after being there for 3 months, I had over 4,000 favorites and sat on the 2nd page of models. (Over 5,000 favorites and you make the first page). I would sit with maybe 30-40 people in my room usually. On mfc I'm new, I've been on this site about 6 weeks and I sit with around 150-200 in my room.

Room counts may be lower on Streamate, but that just means that there are fewer people freeloading and watching you in public chat. You have the same amount of tippers (or people taking you private) on either site, regardless of if you have 30 in the room or 300.

Also, I had less than 1000 'favorites' and was consistently on the front page in rows 3-5. Your placement has nothing to do with the people that have added you to their favorites. Your placement is based almost entirely on your computer and internet.

Eta: They're not saying the shows are free. They're saying you don't have to pay to watch the cams. That's actually true. I can go watch free cams right now without ever taking out my credit card, I just won't see much on Streamate.

Status
Not open for further replies.