AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stripchat.com has had someone who claims to be an employee...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2022
Stripchat has had a scammer who stands as an employee pretend to provide opportunities and use me AND proceed not to pay me. It's really nasty and a gross environment when every time I login this guy would message me and say he's an employee of Stripchat and "I'm stroking to you now" "nice private show babe". Dude said I'd get paid for the photos. I know you're thinking "you're stupid". But, he has AN ACTUAL ADMIN USERNAME ON STRIPCHAT.COM. They don't pay you. They don't respond. These are not the times to play with people. Yet, here we go 🙃

Hey everyone
This user is definitely deleted!
Our technical team is currently working to see why some of you can still view this username but rest assured, this person is no longer active.

Please note, we have a team dedicated to eliminating scammers on our site and we are constantly implementing new technologies to assist us with this.

In saying that, nothing beats the amazing open communication we have with our models and users on this awesome forum
and we thank you all for being an important part of the Stripchat team who are always there to help us make our site safe, and the best it can be!
:clap::inlove::clap:

Upvote 0
I also think it would be pretty useful to block members from being able to set usernames like admin, siteadmin, livehelp, helpdesk or anything else that could be interpreted as working for the site.

I agree with you completely and we are already in the process of making this happen.
Bear in mind, scammers will always find loopholes just like this user did but we are doing our best to eliminate these kinds of accounts and will continue to target them!

Upvote 0
I also think it would be pretty useful to block members from being able to set usernames like admin, siteadmin, livehelp, helpdesk or anything else that could be interpreted as working for the site.

This. MFC banned a model for changing her name to DTrumpWon2020 (or something like that). Lol. Pretty messed up how any 'ole body can just put 'LIVE ADMIN' in their username, and be approved as a member to start trolling models. Us models can't even start working until all our stuff has been approved. It's too bad something similar can't be done for approval of member usernames. And then when a member wishes to change their name, I think even the name change should be approved first. Add on the fact that we can't even ban a Stripchat member who hasn't typed anything to us. So anybody with an offensive screen name glorifying slavery, for example, can just lurk my free chat whenever he wants, and I can't do a thing about it but click 'Report' and then select 'Other' (when it asks for the reason). And then, in the meantime, I have to just deal with seeing the prick's name sitting in my chat.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone
Our technical team is currently working to see why some of you can still view this username but rest assured, this person is no longer active.
He she? This scumbag now shows now as deleted 👍
In saying that, nothing beats the amazing open communication we have with our models and users on this awesome forum
and we thank you all for being an important part of the Stripchat team who are always there to help us make our site safe, and the best it can be!
I'd like to second an earlier message (or maybe in in another thread) commending the work and effort that both you and @xChloe put into support and help.

Well done to you both :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0
It shows up plain as day and quite frankly it's a shame. And to see that the level has risen for this scum is complete trash. Please get rid of that person. I'd hate for other chicks to go through what I'm going through. This is supposed to be honest fun. You can't tell me the rules of the "Life" has changed so much so that basic assholes can still thrive. Stripchat is nice. It'd be nice if it's kept that way.
hey im sorry this happened to you but it happens to newer and veteran models. they can be fucking sneaky. i recommend also seeing this as a lesson and staying more vigilant for scammers.

• payment upfront always, even if they claim they work for the site.
  • adult sites dont allow their staff to solicit models with admin/support accounts.
  • reputable adult sites will never give you directions on how to perform. you can say no to anything you are not comfortable with.

Upvote 1
Hey everyone

Please note, we have a team dedicated to eliminating scammers on our site and we are constantly implementing new technologies to assist us with this.

You guys have definitely been very helpful and receptive here and I can’t tell you enough how much we appreciate and respect your interactions here. I know I speak for everyone here at ACF when I say that the SC reps here are fantastic.

I am sure the fact that some of us see the user’s profile as active is just a minor bug/glitch that you’re going to take care of. And if we found a bug to help your tech team, yay us! Glad to help with feedback.

Upvote 0
You guys have definitely been very helpful and receptive here and I can’t tell you enough how much we appreciate and respect your interactions here. I know I speak for everyone here at ACF when I say that the SC reps here are fantastic.

I am sure the fact that some of us see the user’s profile as active is just a minor bug/glitch that you’re going to take care of. And if we found a bug to help your tech team, yay us! Glad to help with feedback.
100%. all camsites reps here should take notes on how stripchat handles support questions/ concerns publicly.

Upvote 0
@Charlie_SC - based on your screenshot, will the admin always be underneath colored users / above greys?

Very good and interesting question, I can see a good reason why it WOULD and should appear at the bottom below every other user - so it doesn't arouse suspicion and get people being fools by seeing it, but then at the same time I think it appearing at the top above all makes the most sense.

Although, to be honest, who can see the Staff member in the user list when they go into the room? Can EVERYONE see or ONLY the model (and the staff member, obviously)?

Upvote 0
@Charlie_SC - based on your screenshot, will the admin always be underneath colored users / above greys?

Very good and interesting question, I can see a good reason why it WOULD and should appear at the bottom below every other user - so it doesn't arouse suspicion and get people being fools by seeing it, but then at the same time I think it appearing at the top above all makes the most sense. Although, to be honest, who can see the Staff member in the user list when they go into the room? Can EVERYONE see or ONLY the model (and the staff member, obviously)?

SC Staff Admin accounts usually appear at the bottom of the list.
Everyone is able to see the Admin accounts 🤗

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.