AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stroken.com - A New Type of Clip Site (collective crowdfunding)!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiliaSong

Cam Model
May 7, 2016
⭐ NYC
www.emiliasong.com
Twitter Username
@TheEmiliaSong
MFC Username
Emilia_Song
Streamate Username
Emilia_Song
Chaturbate Username
EmiliaSongCam
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/487827/EmiliaSong/
Hello everyone! I’m here representing a new clip site called Stroken, and right now we’re looking for feedback as we prepare to launch our beta site.

Stroken is a crowdfunding clip site where models add their videos to a “bundle” and share the collective “bounty.” Users buy access to each bundle, and the total bounty raised is divided between all of the models. Each bundle is defined by a specific category like “anime cosplay” or “JOI.” As the site grows, users and models will be able to create their own bundle categories.

The amount you make is based on sales tiers. The more sales you make, the higher the buy-in price gets for users, and the more money the bundle models make overall.

Payout upon tier completion:

Tier 1: 5,000 sales at $5 per user. The first 5 models in a bundle will earn an estimated $1,000 each.
Tier 2: 2,500 sales at $10 per user. The first 5 models will earn an additional $500. The next 5 models will earn $500 each.
Tier 3: 1667 sales at $15 per user. The first 10 models will earn an additional $300 each. The next 5 models will earn $300.

A complete list of payout tiers will be available on the site. We’re still in the proof of concept phase, so payout tiers may change. Ultimately, our goal is for you to make as much as you can, so we’ll be adjusting tiers according to market feedback and feedback from you.

Payout is bimonthly, and the current payout option is by wire. We’re working on adding more payout options for international models (presently we can only accept American models). If you’d like to use a different payout method, we’ll work one-on-one with you in the short term. Payout minimum is $50, and chargebacks covered.

Remember: you’re not just making money off of individual clip sales; you’re collectively making money with other models off a collection of clips.

We plan to launch out beta site in December, so please contact me (here or on Twitter @theemiliasong) if you’d like to be one of the first featured models on our platform. The earlier you join, the more you’ll make. All genders are welcome! Your participation will help to influence the tone of our site, giving you the chance to be invested in our project from Day 1.

Our goal is to be as hands-on as possible, especially in the preliminary phase. We’re all sick and tired of waiting 48 hours for canned responses from tech support, so we’ll do our best to ensure quick correspondence! We also have a feedback forum for suggestions and questions.

We’ll be relying on paid traffic from the start. Of course, we’ll also need your help promoting the new site to your followers. Each model will get promo graphic templates and their own link that features their video on the homepage to encourage fans to buy into their bundle.

Stroken was founded by James Greene and Jeremy Davis, a pair of nerds and pervs from the wider tech world. While trying to figure out how to create an adult-friendly e-currency (and idea they've since dropped), James and Jeremy developed an idea to help models work together to bring fans the content that they want.

So what do you think? Any suggestions?

So let me make sure I understand this correctly. You take, for example, 10 models who make videos in a certain category, say big boobs, throw their 10 videos in a bundle and then some user buys it and the total cost is split?

Exactly! With more models in the mix, more users will buy in. Users get more videos in the category that they want to see, so it increases their chances of purchasing. It's a similar concept to individual models selling bundled clips at a lower rate, but with more models in the same category, it will ultimately attract more buyers overall.

Just replaced passport and was looking to get back into clips. I like this bundled sales strategy. So my eyes are opened!

When they do get other payment options, are payments gonna go out more regularly instead of bimonthly? I'm assuming since they only have wire as an option this is why.

I like the idea, as it's an easy way to get a variety of content in any specific category, but I also do have some questions about how videos will get bundled. First I'm wondering how bundles are put together, will it be the models who decide where their videos go or will it be someone on the site or some type of algorithm that does it?

This is a really interesting concept! I do dig the idea of having an option to bundle your videos with other models to potentially widen your audience base. However, as a model, I don't know whether this would be a super sustainable clip site for me in the long term, unless there was a way that I could also have the option to bundle my own videos in packages without any other models being a part of it. Because once these audience members have discovered me, I need to be able to funnel them into a store of my own, a place where I don't share the spotlight and where they can binge on more of my work. If I can bundle my own clips, this would allow me to keep customers on your site. Otherwise, the other only option is to funnel customers towards my other clip stores where they can buy solo clips, which usually & understandably makes companies upset! If I could have the option to sell bundles of My videos, starring only Me, that would mean less of a chance I would have to direct fans towards other clip sites to continue their clip binges, but I'm not sure if that would fit what you're going for.

My major, major concern is the idea of ONLY getting paid when/if your tier is completed? Meaning... You don't get paid until the bundle has sold enough times to complete the tier. For Tier 1, the bundle has to sell at least 5000 times and make 25000 before you see a cent. I dunno. That part worries me. What if the bundle sells 4999 times and makes 24995? Does that mean NO models get paid?

I would be super duper hesitant to attach myself to a project that only pays me after my clip has sold a thousand times, especially a new site that cannot guarantee the traffic that would achieve these numbers. Because there's a chance that even if my clip sells thousands of times, I may not receive a cent of the profits if it does not reach a certain marker. Because according to the tier, each bundle has to achieve between $25k - $26.6k in profits before a model sees a penny of it. For a brand new site that hasn't had a chance to establish itself yet or garner an audience... That seems like a lot to me.

So yeah. I would really LOOOVE to see an option where you get paid PER sale, with bonuses handed out after the tier completion is achieved. Instead of pay + bonus ONLY being sent out after tiers are completed!

This is a really interesting concept! I do dig the idea of having an option to bundle your videos with other models to potentially widen your audience base. However, as a model, I don't know whether this would be a super sustainable clip site for me in the long term, unless there was a way that I could also have the option to bundle my own videos in packages without any other models being a part of it. Because once these audience members have discovered me, I need to be able to funnel them into a store of my own, a place where I don't share the spotlight and where they can binge on more of my work. If I can bundle my own clips, this would allow me to keep customers on your site. Otherwise, the other only option is to funnel customers towards my other clip stores where they can buy solo clips, which usually & understandably makes companies upset! If I could have the option to sell bundles of My videos, starring only Me, that would mean less of a chance I would have to direct fans towards other clip sites to continue their clip binges, but I'm not sure if that would fit what you're going for.

My major, major concern is the idea of ONLY getting paid when/if your tier is completed? Meaning... You don't get paid until the bundle has sold enough times to complete the tier. For Tier 1, the bundle has to sell at least 5000 times and make 25000 before you see a cent. I dunno. That part worries me. What if the bundle sells 4999 times and makes 24995? Does that mean NO models get paid?

I would be super duper hesitant to attach myself to a project that only pays me after my clip has sold a thousand times, especially a new site that cannot guarantee the traffic that would achieve these numbers. Because there's a chance that even if my clip sells thousands of times, I may not receive a cent of the profits if it does not reach a certain marker. Because according to the tier, each bundle has to achieve between $25k - $26.6k in profits before a model sees a penny of it. For a brand new site that hasn't had a chance to establish itself yet or garner an audience... That seems like a lot to me.

So yeah. I would really LOOOVE to see an option where you get paid PER sale, with bonuses handed out after the tier completion is achieved. Instead of pay + bonus ONLY being sent out after tiers are completed!

Paige,

You'd get paid per sale. For easy math we were discussing what would be earned at the completion of each tier. Each tier will have 10 performers so you'll each 1/10th of 20% of each sale PLUS a percentage of each tier following the one you're in.

Example: 1/10th of tier 1 + 1/20th of tier two + 1/30th of tier three, etc.

I like the idea, as it's an easy way to get a variety of content in any specific category, but I also do have some questions about how videos will get bundled. First I'm wondering how bundles are put together, will it be the models who decide where their videos go or will it be someone on the site or some type of algorithm that does it?

Nigerian Prince,

The first proof of concept bundle idea is something very vague (bright colors). In the future bundle ideas will be generated by us (Stroken) and submitted by users.

When they do get other payment options, are payments gonna go out more regularly instead of bimonthly? I'm assuming since they only have wire as an option this is why.

We're still sorting out precise details on payment options, but at the moment, we're doing two payouts per month. Jeremy is gonna hop on here soon to give you more details.

First I'm wondering how bundles are put together, will it be the models who decide where their videos go or will it be someone on the site or some type of algorithm that does it?

Models will decide where their videos go. Each model is allowed to upload one video per bundle.

We've been debating whether or not to have individual sales stores for models, so I'm glad to get your feedback on this! We don't have individual stores in place yet, we'll definitely be discussing this as we continue to develop the site. If anyone else has something to add to Paige's points, feel free to share them!

You get paid whether or not the tier is complete (sorry for not making that clear).

Just replaced passport and was looking to get back into clips. I like this bundled sales strategy. So my eyes are opened!

AudriTwo,

This is something that is on the forefront of our minds. We want to get your money to you as soon as possible so as we add viable payment options (unlike what recently happened with paypal) we'll adjust the cadence at which we release funds.

Reactions: AudriTwo
We're still sorting out precise details on payment options, but at the moment, we're doing two payouts per month. Jeremy is gonna hop on here soon to give you more details.
my b. i was confused. i read bimonthly as in every other month. thank you for clarifying, bb!

Just to clear up some confusion, right now we want to prove our concept. We are looking for enough performers to launch our first bundle.

In the future we'll have features like performers creating their own bundle (collab with friends), selling your individual videos, and other ideas, based on your feedback and suggestions.

Super interesting concept
I agree. And might I just add that it's a breath of fresh air to have such a well written introduction to a new site. Thank you @EmiliaSong for the great post. It really comes in handy when you know your audience/market/potential userbase well enough to speak the right way to them!

I agree. And might I just add that it's a breath of fresh air to have such a well written introduction to a new site. Thank you @EmiliaSong for the great post. It really comes in handy when you know your audience/market/potential userbase well enough to speak the right way to them!

This is a main reason we've asked @EmiliaSong for help. We know technology, we know web development but we need educated subject matter experts like her to be that knowledge base for us.

Paige,

You'd get paid per sale. For easy math we were discussing what would be earned at the completion of each tier. Each tier will have 10 performers so you'll each 1/10th of 20% of each sale PLUS a percentage of each tier following the one you're in.

Example: 1/10th of tier 1 + 1/20th of tier two + 1/30th of tier three, etc.
We've been debating whether or not to have individual sales stores for models, so I'm glad to get your feedback on this! We don't have individual stores in place yet, we'll definitely be discussing this as we continue to develop the site. If anyone else has something to add to Paige's points, feel free to share them!

You get paid whether or not the tier is complete (sorry for not making that clear).

Thank you guys so much for clarifying things on the payment front! That is super reassuring and makes much more sense. Also, I appreciate you guys being so open to feedback! I think this is a pretty original concept that I haven't come across before, one that has potential, so I'm intrigued and curious to see the beta site when it goes live!

Thank you guys so much for clarifying things on the payment front! That is super reassuring and makes much more sense. Also, I appreciate you guys being so open to feedback! I think this is a pretty original concept that I haven't come across before, one that has potential, so I'm intrigued and curious to see the beta site when it goes live!

Feedback is our lifeblood. Without getting too nerdy, we build software in a methodology that relies on feedback so it's truly important to us.

We don't just want to build a platform right, we also want to build the right platform!

exactelly what i was thinking

we're doing two payouts per month
my b. i was confused. i read bimonthly as in every other month. thank you for clarifying, bb!

Per the practical math class I took in high school (we "filed" taxes, figured mortgage payments, calculated tips, etc) bi- means every other (period of time), and semi- means twice a (period of time), so you read "bimonthly" correctly, but it was not used correctly.

For example, most vanilla jobs pay biweekly, which is every other week. The Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale happens twice a year, in January and June.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AudriTwo
Per the practical math class I took in high school (we "filed" taxes, figured mortgage payments, calculated tips, etc) bi- means every other (period of time), and semi- means twice a (period of time), so you read "bimonthly" correctly, but it was not used correctly.

For example, most vanilla jobs pay biweekly, which is every other week. The Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale happens twice a year, in January and June.

Bi-monthly can also mean twice a month

To clear up any confusion, for our beta we'll be paying out every two weeks. When we go live we'll have multiple payout options. Any suggestions for payout options would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: NaomiNyx
Status
Not open for further replies.