AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Studio late paying models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2022
I have a model friend in Colombia. We have become fairly close in recent months and speak regularly.

Last night she told me that the studio she works in are late paying her again this week. This has happened multiple times in the past. It always seems to be on a Friday which is presumably pay day.

For clarity, she is not asking me for money (at least not directly) and I have no intention of sending anything. So no worries on that score. I mean she could be teeing me up but given we've had this discussion multiple times in the past and I've not bitten, then I doubt it. She was also barely communicative with anyone in her room last night, such was the extent of how down and demotivated she was about it.

Is this a common occurrence? What recourse do models have in that situation? If any?

And to be clear again, I'm not in danger of being suckered into a love scam. I'm too cynical and broke for that. I don't think that's what this is though. I checked in on her later in the evening via another stream and she was still totally miserable. So she's either a good actress trying to elicit money from her entire fanbase or (more likely) genuinely in some distress.

It's kind of sad that the nature of the relationship between model and customer would make me even consider for a second that it's a ruse.

Any advice welcome

Last night was also the first time she's ever contacted me off-site. She's had my email address for a while but has steadfastly refused to use it. When she did email me it was just a sad face and nothing more. Again, not request for money or anything. I hate that this whole thing has made me equal parts sympathetic and cynical.

Some studios do indeed treat their models badly when it’s a slow month or don’t perform well.

I believe these Colombian studios need to be regulated heavily by the platforms as they tend to just have a constant wheel of talent in the sole purpose of only making the studio money.

They also may be pushing their models to take it off platform to extract more money without the platform cut being involved.

Report the model and have studio face repercussions. It’s not fair on those playing by the rules.

Some studios do indeed treat their models badly when it’s a slow month or don’t perform well.

I believe these Colombian studios need to be regulated heavily by the platforms as they tend to just have a constant wheel of talent in the sole purpose of only making the studio money.

They also may be pushing their models to take it off platform to extract more money without the platform cut being involved.

Report the model and have studio face repercussions. It’s not fair on those playing by the rules.
There's nothing to report. She's not asked me for anything. She's also become a good friend. She wasn't expecting me last night at all so she wasn't waiting for me to come along so she could hit me with a request. At no point has she ever asked me for anything. In fact, quite the opposite. She has consistently refused private shows with me. None of these things suggest a girl who is trying to maximize her income from me.

And the email was at my prompting because I was concerned that monitors would see her complain about the studio. So I'd be reluctant to report her.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Why on earth would you be suggesting reporting the model?

Last edited:

I can see the point you see trying to make. If she'd asked me for cash then I'd have reported her and cut off all ties but she didn't. Reporting her for being sad on cam would be a bit of a dick move on my part and wouldn't adequately reflect the fact that can models are human at the end of the day, with good days and bad days. I've built a good relationship with this model. I can't really repay that trust by asking her what is bothering her and then reporting her when I don't like the reply.

The model needs to report lack of payment to the site with proof. This might be a good opportunity for her to go independent if she has the means, because when studios do shit like this, studio models will get released with no monthly restraints preventing models from going independent. The studio broke their agreement with the site.

Ive seen plenty of studio models get released because a studio went rouge. Non payments, blackmail, ect. Again model needs to gather evidence of not receiving payment. The site only has record of paying out studio.

The model needs to report lack of payment to the site with proof. This might be a good opportunity for her to go independent if she has the means, because when studios do shit like this, studio models will get released with no monthly restraints preventing models from going independent. The studio broke their agreement with the site.

Ive seen plenty of studio models get released because a studio went rouge. Non payments, blackmail, ect. Again model needs to gather evidence of not receiving payment. The site only has record of paying out studio.
Thanks for the advice. I'll pass that on to her. All I sent her by email last night was a promise to ask here and an offer to help her set up things like OBS if she went independent. Essentially moral support and technical assistance. She's had a bit of a tough time of late. Mobile phone stolen etc. She's not a Colombian model but she is working in Colombia. I think the lack of the phone means that she's even more cut off than she would normally be. There's no telephone, internet or computer at home meaning that something as simple a contacting her mum (who she probably really needs right now) is impossible. I think all of that is contributing to the weight on her shoulders and I really feel for her.

Unfortunately most sites that allow studio accounts don't have any binding requirements for the studio account holder to guarantee payment to their employees. Some studios require the employees to sign contracts, and others don't even have any formal agreement to protect them. Very common for it to be a cash transaction with no record of hours worked. And studios benefit from knowing the employee is not going to challenge that, especially in countries where camming is illegal or socially looked down on. Another reason why the model's cut is often so low (and variable between models in the same studio) compared to the standard site payout the studio gets per token.
My friend used to work in a European studio and was frequently 'fined' by her employer - sometimes resulting in the fines exceeding her earnings, and taking nothing home at all in a week. Some of the things she was fined for included going home early with a fever of 40c, and arriving late for work following an automobile accident (not her fault) that left her with whiplash. So you can see that some of these studios do not have any empathy with their employees or show humane treatment to them.
Hopefully in the OPs case it is just late payment, rather than non-payment. Still a shitty situation, but not much can be done.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Sounds like a l
I can see the point you see trying to make. If she'd asked me for cash then I'd have reported her and cut off all ties but she didn't. Reporting her for being sad on cam would be a bit of a dick move on my part and wouldn't adequately reflect the fact that can models are human at the end of the day, with good days and bad days. I've built a good relationship with this model. I can't really repay that trust by asking her what is bothering her and then reporting her when I don't like the reply.
I understand that. I hope she gets her issues resolved.

But she needs to be careful as she may be breaching site rules by contacting members personally.

But I don’t buy the don’t have access to a cell phone.. sounds like the studio manager is contacting you via email - but I hope I’m wrong.

Sounds like a l

I understand that. I hope she gets her issues resolved.

But she needs to be careful as she may be breaching site rules by contacting members personally.

But I don’t buy the don’t have access to a cell phone.. sounds like the studio manager is contacting you via email - but I hope I’m wrong.
It's not the studio manager in the email. If it was they'd have sent more than one single word "hi". They'd have been trying to get money out of me. She's not replied to any emails I sent since, so I'm fairly confident nothing suspect is happening there.

I'm not falling into the trap of sending money and I'm not convinced she was driving at that anyway. What I have done is message her housemate and ask how my friend would feel if I sent her flowers to cheer her up. The housemate replied that she would love that and I've arranged for some to be delivered early next week as a surprise. I'm not getting caught up in anything financial but I can't see the harm in sending flowers to lift the spirits.

And I'm sure someone will be along in a moment to tell me that sending flowers is creepy but I checked in depth with her housemate about whether that would be acceptable. I'm trying to just be supportiven and let her know that I'm thinking of her.

The cellphone thing is true from Etsy I can tell. She's regularly borrowing her housemates cellphone on stream and there's no obvious angle on her not having a cellphone anyway. I'm not asking her to contact me so I'm not sure what she gains from telling me that.

I'm prone to being cynical at the best of times but this girl has consistently asked nothing of me. Any thoughts I have of being scammed originate from my own paranoia and not from her actions directly.

Any thoughts I have of being scammed originate from my own paranoia and not from her actions directly.
Largely as a result of that stupid male tendency of assuming that a woman wants him to fix the problem all the time, rather than just listening and sympathising.

Largely as a result of that stupid male tendency of assuming that a woman wants him to fix the problem all the time, rather than just listening and sympathising.
Your brains are wired differently when it comes to listening and processing. So it is more of a challenge for males to do that (I learned a bunch of stuff about it when I started having kids, in the hopes of being a better, and more understanding parent).

As a female I definitely get frustrated with that at times, when it comes to partners and male friends etc But I also try to remind myself too, that men and women are different.

Also there's nothing wrong with being cautious and self-protective, even if in this situation it turns out to be unnecessary. You gotta be there for yourself too, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Your brains are wired differently when it comes to listening and processing. So it is more of a challenge for males to do that (I learned a bunch of stuff about it when I started having kids, in the hopes of being a better, and more understanding parent).

As a female I definitely get frustrated with that at times, when it comes to partners and male friends etc But I also try to remind myself too, that men and women are different.

Also there's nothing wrong with being cautious and self-protective, even if in this situation it turns out to be unnecessary. You gotta be there for yourself too, so don't be too hard on yourself.
And sending flowers? Creepy or not? I ran it over in my mind for a few days before asking her housemate.

And sending flowers? Creepy or not? I ran it over in my mind for a few days before asking her housemate.
Well I don't know the context enough to say. If she has a boyfriend, husband or wife, or severe pollen allergies it might not be the best idea. It depends on the boundaries she's set with you etc, and the relationship/ interactions as a whole, which I haven't had a chance to catch up on yet. Can you nutshell what's going on for me? If you don't have time I understand, and I'll go read the whole thread. But I can't have a judgment, or personal opinion, without a fair bit of context first. I'm assuming this is the same model the other thread was about, if not then I need a different context.

Last edited:
Yeah. Same
Well I don't know the context enough to say. If she has a boyfriend, husband or wife, or severe pollen allergies it might not be the best idea. It depends on the boundaries she's set with you etc, and the relationship/ interactions as a whole, which I haven't had a chance to catch up on yet. Can you nutshell what's going on for me? If you don't have time I understand, and I'll go read the whole thread. But I can't have a judgment, or personal opinion, without a fair bit of context first. I'm assuming this is the same model the other thread was about, if not then I need a different context.
Yes, same model from the other thread. I don't know her relationship status, largely because asking a model that rarely results in an honest answer. It's part of the fantasy they are selling after all.

Our relationship is purely friends although there was a shaky start where she indicated that she had developed feelings. I think we're beyond that now and I'm certainly not looking to take it anywhere romantic, as beautiful and charismatic as she is.

It's just a friendship that's built up nicely. It's had it's ups and downs but that's the same with anywhere two people meet and obviously the nature of cam sites makes it more intense.

So, I'm not thinking she's going to panic at the arrival of some flowers because she knows that I'm very far away and unlikely to turn up outside the studio declaring my undying love.

Essentially, the flowers are to tell her I'm thinking of her. Not to tell her that I love her.

Yeah. Same

Yes, same model from the other thread. I don't know her relationship status, largely because asking a model that rarely results in an honest answer. It's part of the fantasy they are selling after all.

Our relationship is purely friends although there was a shaky start where she indicated that she had developed feelings. I think we're beyond that now and I'm certainly not looking to take it anywhere romantic, as beautiful and charismatic as she is.

It's just a friendship that's built up nicely. It's had it's ups and downs but that's the same with anywhere two people meet and obviously the nature of cam sites makes it more intense.

So, I'm not thinking she's going to panic at the arrival of some flowers because she knows that I'm very far away and unlikely to turn up outside the studio declaring my undying love.
Well idk if I had a crush on someone and they sent me flowers I'd be tempted to read into it that there's still hope I might be getting in his pants at some point. Maybe money or a gift card might be a better idea, or like a grocery food card for a store in their area. I categorize flowers as more on the sexual and romantic end of the gift spectrum. However, I'm a pretty red blooded person...

Reactions: KylieJacobs
Also, she had previously told me the name of the studio. I didn't do some kind of mad Google maps stalker thing. Basically I addressed the flowers to "studio name, city name" and took a gamble on the florist figuring it out. I only amended the address after her housemate voluntarily sent me the full details later. I didn't want to ask anyone their location and make them uncomfortable. I was more than prepared to take the hit if the flowers didn't get there.

Well idk if I had a crush on someone and they sent me flowers I'd be tempted to read into it that there's still hope I might be getting in his pants at some point. Maybe money or a gift card might be a better idea, or like a grocery food card for a store in their area. I categorize flowers as more on the sexual and romantic end of the gift spectrum. However, I'm a pretty red blooded person...
Yeah, I get that although I'm reading into it that the "into me" phase has passed (if it was ever really a genuine thing - I was just words on a screen at that point). I didn't want to send money because that was the thing I was trying to avoid in the first place. I don't know enough about the local set up to send a food card either and that can go down badly with some people.

I chose flowers because there's an established way of ordering them online and generally speaking they are universally popular. I certainly wasn't trying to be romantic and the message sent with the flowers makes reference to an in joke, nothing romantic. Hopefully I've not put a spanner in the works 🙁

• Funny!
Yeah, I get that although I'm reading into it that the "into me" phase has passed (if it was ever really a genuine thing - I was just words on a screen at that point). I didn't want to send money because that was the thing I was trying to avoid in the first place. I don't know enough about the local set up to send a food card either and that can go down badly with some people.

I chose flowers because there's an established way of ordering them online and generally speaking they are universally popular. I certainly wasn't trying to be romantic and the message sent with the flowers makes reference to an in joke, nothing romantic. Hopefully I've not put a spanner in the works 🙁
I'm sure it's fine and nothing major. It's nice to empathize and care for people. Communication is hard, and misunderstandings can happen easily. If she feels uncomfy with it, hopefully she'll just tell you that directly. It's hard for me to know how another person will interpret or take an action because I don't know the context of their life or life experiences. But if worst comes to worst and she doesn't like it, I'm sure you'll get a little talking to, and then you can both move past it. But that's worst-case scenario.

In general I'd advise men not to send cam models flowers, but I mean, I really still only barely have a surface scraping of the context. So, overall, just don't be too hard on yourself, and try not to worry too much. Open and honest communication fixes a lot of things if anything were to go wrong here/ be misunderstood.

Reactions: misterical
I'm sure it's fine and nothing major. It's nice to empathize and care for people. Communication is hard, and misunderstandings can happen easily. If she feels uncomfy with it, hopefully she'll just tell you that directly. It's hard for me to know how another person will interpret or take an action because I don't know the context of their life or life experiences. But if worst comes to worst and she doesn't like it, I'm sure you'll get a little talking to, and then you can both move past it. But that's worst-case scenario.

In general I'd advise men not to send cam models flowers, but I mean, I really still only barely have a surface scraping of the context. So, overall, just don't be too hard on yourself, and try not to worry too much. Open and honest communication fixes a lot of things if anything were to go wrong here/ be misunderstood.
Thanks for the honest assessment. I am nervous about it but I did it with the best intentions. If it upsets her then I'll explain and apologise. Like I say, it's not a love affair so if it upsets her enough to shut me off then I'll be disappointed to lose a friend but ultimately I'll get over it. Hopefully her housemate's very enthusiastic encouragement is an indication of how well she thinks they'll be received. I'll let you know how I get on.

• Hugs
I'll let you know how I get on.
Please do. I mean she chose to share her studio's address, so that part is a bit confusing, and I'm not 100% sure how to read that. I'm gonna catch up with your initial thread later today, so I have a more complete picture here :)

Please do. I mean she chose to share her studio's address, so that part is a bit confusing, and I'm not 100% sure how to read that. I'm gonna catch up with your initial thread later today, so I have a more complete picture here :)
To be fair, she only shared the name and the city. I just speculatively addressed it to be delivered to the studio name in the city. I was relying on a diligent florist to look it up at that end. It was her housemate who offered up the full address unprompted.

• Helpful!
Studios from the big groups in Colombia like AJ, Grupo Bedoya or Studio 20 are known to be professional and paying on time, regardless of what delay Paxum etc may have. When smaller and amateurish studios slag, the models usually leave them for better functioning ones. No need to be a white knight here dude:)

• Helpful!
Reactions: inertvolcano
Studios from the big groups in Colombia like AJ, Grupo Bedoya or Studio 20 are known to be professional and paying on time, regardless of what delay Paxum etc may have. When smaller and amateurish studios slag, the models usually leave them for better functioning ones. No need to be a white knight here dude:)
Who is being a white knight? I'm concerned for a friend. That's all. I've been on the receiving end of her. She's more than capable of fighting her own battles.

Good to know (not that my friend is a studio model so doesn't affect me personally), but OP sending flowers is hardly white-knighting surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.