AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Studio rules vs CB rules

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2016
So I have become close with a model, and know she works in a studio. So far all I have heard is negative things about it. Not being paid, getting less pay because of some various reasoning they seem to come up with. The latest issue being that they review every models chats that work in the studio. And now she is getting fined $2,500 USD, and wages withheld until it is paid. Just because she gave me her email and skype so we can talk off hours. We talk all the time, and is an incredible girl. Now the CB rules state that it's ok to do that. I know she had to sign a contract to work at the studio but is this really something legit that happens? Can studios really do this kind of thing? I am totally willing to help cover it because I am partially responsible. But at the same time super cautious because I have had someone use me for money before. I'm waiting to see the contract and fine so I can translate it and verify for myself. Any info or advice is appreciated.

Sounds to me like a good ol fashioned scam. This time she is being fined by her studio, maybe next time she'll have a sick pet or some other "emergency" where she is in desperate need of financial assistance.

I don't buy it and even if she shows you some kind of contract as proof whats to have stopped her and the people in her studio whipping something up now just so you'll believe it.

Run as far away from this model as possible or at the very least don't send her any money and just advise her to leave the studio if you actually believe this situation is genuine.

I'm waiting to see the contract and fine so I can translate it and verify for myself. Any info or advice is appreciated.
Even if you see a paper and some fine print, it's still a bullshit scam.

Where is she from?

Best thing to do would be to actually look at the studio itself and not anything she gives you. Contract is right there before you finish signing up so you don't need to wait on her sending anything.

Streamate (who I cam with) as a site, doesn't allow outside contact but since CB doesn't have rules against it it seems a bit sketchy. Don't wait from information from her, check at the source.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Please please please don't just send her money. I hightly doubt thats legit but at least follow Diane's advice and thoroughly research her studio.

But, if you're short on time, you can always send me the money and I'll be glad to forward it over to her ;)

Reactions: ShayeTaylor
I'm not sending anything without research and advice. Which is why I'm here. The whole thing is too sketchy for me. But I also like to believe people are good which is something I am very aware is not always the case. Been battling my gut, brain, and heart on this and going to listen to my gut and take Diana's advice. Just for the facts. And unless there is some crazy proof I'm not helping.

It's true that some of studios do check all the chats. Usually comp set up do screen shots every 3-10 seconds and then admin of studio checking screen shots.
Also, studios do charge some money IF they caught girl taking some money from member without share with them. For example if girl took a western union and etc. But they never really mind girl talking outside of work time with memebers. And ofc no one will charge this much for it! So girl is just want you to send her money.
And yeah, where is she from?

• Helpful!
Mmmm,
That one is a classic. Especially coming from Romanian studios. They used to check and fine but it was like 100 bucks not 2000 and most of the studios don't moniter anything anymore. Cb says sharing personal info is bannable but I'm pretty sure they don't care to enforce it either. Cb really only cares about the infractions that affect their licenses which I believe is just underage content. So they ban like crazy on i.d. issues but pretty much nothing else.
Do not send money.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Kinda dicey indeed... I will say tho, years ago I was with a girl that had the same happen to her. Studio boss had a hard on for her and watched her like a hawk. She got busted for the same and fined $500. I also believed it was a scam so i decided to visit. Sure enough the boss was a total dick. We chatted and i suggested she leave Timisoara and move to Bucharest with me and make a go from there. Apparently the thought of her leaving and him losing one of his prize earners was a wakeup call. He said since I was legit and not just a "customer" to forget the fine and she could stay and he would only charge her the standard rip off rate which was 40%. I suggested she leave, move and go independent which a month later she did with no real fuss. So many studios not only promoted, but taught scams in the past. Many seem to have cleaned up a bit but you still never know for sure. I have seen a lot of ".stan" and ukrainian studio girls popping up lately so it may well be another wave of these crooked places to deal with. Best thing is to not try to "get close to" these gals and keep @ arms [or tokens] length.

• Helpful!
Reactions: cbook100
Latest update is the fine was dropped by more than half. It's now 6000zl after she discussed with the manager and threatened to leave. Eventually she is leaving anyways. Well so she says. I'm taking everything I hear from the situation with a grain of salt. And keeping my distance, but still enjoy the company. Another red flag came about when I asked the name of the studio, she said it didn't have one. Then I asked if there was a website and again they didn't have one. Sketchy as all hell, and not even going to trust it. Most likely will go back to the just token relationship.

• Wat?!
Reactions: KylieJacobs
Latest update is the fine was dropped by more than half. It's now 6000zl after she discussed with the manager and threatened to leave. Eventually she is leaving anyways. Well so she says. I'm taking everything I hear from the situation with a grain of salt. And keeping my distance, but still enjoy the company. Another red flag came about when I asked the name of the studio, she said it didn't have one. Then I asked if there was a website and again they didn't have one. Sketchy as all hell, and not even going to trust it. Most likely will go back to the just token relationship.
Come on, studios often illegal, what website or name do u want? :facepalm:

I wanted to look into the studio, but not sure how to without a name or anything. So the studio is run and owned by a company in US called Tundra or something. I'm knew to all this if it wasn't obvious lol. So they track her hours, have all her info. And their rules are different from the studios. The studio doesn't have her pay taxes which I warned her about already. I know it's all bullshit. I'm more curious now than anything, more about the shady studio and all the bullshit.

Side note: another model messaged me on kik telling me to go to her room and spend $200 since she desperately needed it. Or if I was busy just send her $200 through pay pal. Or if I couldn't get tokens on my account to log into hers and buy them lol. La sigh....... At least this one is upfront about trying to rip me off lol

• Funny!
Reactions: Boog
Another red flag came about when I asked the name of the studio, she said it didn't have one. Then I asked if there was a website and again they didn't have one. .

This is funny.... you seem to think studios are required to be a "first world entity." No such thing. In the rommie market at least, any guy that wants to "open a studio" can do so with any empty or available area. An office building, an unused garage, typical apartments, the unused loft of a 'villa' there... [interesting too what they call villas.] All they need is good net and the basic equipment and a girl or 2. I remember reading idk, 5 years ago or so, the percentage of "illegal" or non registered/noname cam studios was over 80-85% in Bucharest alone. One of these studios existed on paper and was run by a guy and his wife. They would end up moving the location every month or so and the girls would follow to work. I'm not even going to start talking about the mob run /supported aspects of some of the larger studios.....

• Helpful!
Interesting, I would love to read whatever it is you mentioned. Mainly out of curiosity. And curious on the mob run side of it as well. Like I said I'm not sending anything and was never looking for anything. I'm raising a 5 year old girl on my own, and still dealing with the loss of my wife. It's just been nice having adults to chat with and have a good time with since I don't get out much. And if it's someone that is really in need of help I would typically always help. But with nothing to base it on I'm not sending a thing besides an "I'm sorry, I can't help you" and my tokens when I visit. And if it's someone trying to scam when they know my situation then they can go to hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: papichulo80 and Gen
The Romanian webcam world is large, multifaceted and murky. Anything could be true. Anything could be a lie. You'll make yourself crazy if you try to understand it.
The bottom line is that this person is attempting to work you emotionally for profit. That's all you really need to understand. Maybe she needs the money for what she says, or something else, or doesn't need it at all and just wants it.
Focus on your life and what you need. If you don't mind trading some tokens for some conversation that works. But expect to be treated the way you would treat others.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Status
Not open for further replies.