AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Subscribers Perspective: OnlyFans Gripes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This. If I'm doing all of that work taking photos and recording videos, you'd better believe I'm posting them for sale on as many sites I'm on as I can. I don't make photos or vids exclusive to one site only.
I also like the idea of "I'll make as much as I can with each video" but after seeing that 90% of my income comes from OF I've decided that the bonus of saying "Come to my OnlyFans because the content here is EXCLUSIVE" is worth not making the extra 10% from other sites. Also on OF you can raise your prices at any time, on "clip sites" it's a hassle.

Reactions: mike_aussie
This is weird and annoying.
I mentioned previously that I had to mute 2 models because they constantly spam inbox with promotions for content and for other models. Yet, it still gives me push notifications for these 2 models. It's frustrating - i clearly shows they are muted. I don't want to turn off notifications as there are 2 models/women I love to see when they send new content or tag me.
Yeah this absolutelly sucks. I've done SFS with some models, they gave me 1 year free trials and now I can't unsubscribe. Of course they don't answer the DMs.
I've had subscribers ask to delete/block them because they didn't like my mass DMs, done it with no problem (they even get a refund from OF)

This thread is amazing! Of course some times we need to think business and annoy some folks, but it's great see things from the customer's perspective and thus better keep our subs.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
I also like the idea of "I'll make as much as I can with each video" but after seeing that 90% of my income comes from OF I've decided that the bonus of saying "Come to my OnlyFans because the content here is EXCLUSIVE" is worth not making the extra 10% from other sites. Also on OF you can raise your prices at any time, on "clip sites" it's a hassle.

Gotta do what works for you. Definitely not a "One size fits all" solution.

For those of you guys who are subscribed to OnlyFans, what are some things that bug the crap out of you that you see content creators on OF do? The reason I am asking is because I am in the process of starting and have been doing research from both sides. I have read several threads here and on other platforms from the content creator's perspective, but not so many from the subscribers perspective. To be the most successful in any new endeavor, I think it is important to research and speak with subscribers.

I know little about OnlyFans, but honestly the superficial front end to each model's content is an incredible turn off to me. For the vast majority of OF pages I have visited, there is no preview of any content, so I have literally no clue whether this model produces high quality content or whether it is awful. All I see are blank white pages with requests to subscribe. To me this violates every basic rule of marketing and advertising. Imagine going to buy paper towels on Amazon and when you search paper towels you get 25 "products" that have blank pages, no images, no descriptive text, and then a button to "buy paper towel". Who would ever buy paper towels on such a store? I guess OnlyFans has become a big deal, but maybe the customers are going there as an act of loyalty to a model, rather than being sold by the content itself? I guess I do not get it. I would never pay money for a blank white page, on the promise that maybe something of high quality exists underneath.

I really applaud you for doing such basic market research. It seems obvious to do things like this, but only a small percentage of models seem to do it.

You go on Amazon to buy paper towels. You already know the brand you want (you already know the model), but this brand has different types of paper towels for you to buy (OF, IWC, MV, AVN, etc). Most people don't subscribe to someone's OF unless they already know a bit about that person. How would someone even find an OF page of someone who hasn't advertised it anywhere? If you're clicking on random OF links of people you don't really know without doing a bit of research into their style and vibe, then that's on you. Also, use dark theme. No one should ever see white pages! It hurts your eyes!

You go on Amazon to buy paper towels. You already know the brand you want (you already know the model), but this brand has different types of paper towels for you to buy (OF, IWC, MV, AVN, etc). Most people don't subscribe to someone's OF unless they already know a bit about that person. How would someone even find an OF page of someone who hasn't advertised it anywhere? If you're clicking on random OF links of people you don't really know without doing a bit of research into their style and vibe, then that's on you. Also, use dark theme. No one should ever see white pages! It hurts your eyes!
Typically I see the OnlyFans link when I watch a model who I do not know well and she has a link to her OnlyFans. In the usual case, I have no loyalty to the model and I have no idea what her production quality is. I go from her CB profile to OnlyFans, and what I get is a blank white page. So, she has no brand for me, and I have no clue what it is she is selling me or why I should buy it.

You say I should research it. How am I supposed to do that when someone has an OnlyFans but no other content on a site like ManyVids? To take the other side of that argument, she should sell to me so I do not need to spend my time researching it. She's the vendor. I'm the customer. If you have a product, show the world what that product looks like and advertise it. If vendors sold paper towels with blank white pages that have no photos and no text, I doubt that many consumers would "research it". They just would not buy. There is a consumer expectation that anything worth buying will have marketing communication/advertising to support it.

I am not trying to invalidate anyone else's decision to buy OnlyFans. I am answering the original master post - which was like a market research survey - explaining how one consumer perceives the lack of preview on the site.

By seeing her on CB, you do see the product. If you like her enough to not only click on her room, but to linger for a bit, then click on her OF link, then you're obviously interested in seeing more of her and having an "access" to her even when she's not streaming.

I am not trying to invalidate anyone else's decision to buy OnlyFans. I am answering the original master post - which was like a market research survey - explaining how one consumer perceives the lack of preview on the site.

Fair enough.

By seeing her on CB, you do see the product. If you like her enough to not only click on her room, but to linger for a bit, then click on her OF link, then you're obviously interested in seeing more of her and having an "access" to her even when she's not streaming.

What I see on CB is not what I want to see when I view a clip. I rarely buy clips, but when I do it is because the model is a great actress and creates some fantasy scenario that she is able to convincingly act out. Not many models can do that well, so for me inspecting a preview is the only basis on which I would buy a clip.

Fair enough.

To be fair for @Smores I have subscribed to multiple models on OnlyFans.
One of which I knew exactly what she looked like, what she does, etc and I think she is stunning. I figured "absolutely yes I will buy her OF". Her content was not amazing, and by that, I mean the quality. They were very obviously screencaps of her shows and in low quality. Basically, I think her OF was pure "because everyone else is doing it" and then she just threw stuff together (I understand it's because she no doubts has a life too, and is busy). Either way the fact remains: I really liked her show but her OF was not good.

Although on the same but opposite spectrum though, I have seen a model just once for an hour on CB, I enjoyed her show and saw she had OF. I subscribed and now I have been on hers for about 4 months, and I have also bought her subscription for 1 year (I've never bought more than 1 month at a time before until her - plus I went on to buy a couple of short customs, bought her premium Snapchat). My point for her being: I had only ever seen one "brief" (1hr really isn't long) time so didn't know her at all, but went on to buy her OF and become a very big fan of hers.

So, whilst I personally understand what you're saying and I do agree to a point, it's not exactly a clear cut "If you liked her in her show on CB (or other camsite) then you will like her content on OF (MV, etc)". It's not as simple or straight forward as that in my opinion.

I'm subscribed to several content creators too, since I wanted to see what kind of content that they had. I'm more inclined to subscribe to the ones with free pages with some content behind a paywall or the with $3-5 monthly subscriptions, because at least I can see the quality of their content and get an idea of how often they actually posts.
Unless there is a personal reason for not doing so I think an content creator is limiting their visibility and reach by only utilizing one platform to promote themselves. In some ways I would think our regulars might be less inclined to support us on OF if they already have content from us and have our access to us on the camming sites.

What I see on CB is not what I want to see when I view a clip. I rarely buy clips, but when I do it is because the model is a great actress and creates some fantasy scenario that she is able to convincingly act out. Not many models can do that well, so for me inspecting a preview is the only basis on which I would buy a clip.

Gotcha. That makes sense. OF may not be the place for you then. Most people use it to post pics, snippets of a vid, and in the case of cammodels, previous camshows. Some people, of course, post full original vids, but this isn't typical.

So, whilst I personally understand what you're saying and I do agree to a point, it's not exactly a clear cut "If you liked her in her show on CB (or other camsite) then you will like her content on OF (MV, etc)". It's not as simple or straight forward as that in my opinion.

That's fair. Of all the people that I've subbed to/bought content from, I've only been disappointed once and it was entirely my fault because I did not really know them or their style/vibe.

Most people use it to post pics, snippets of a vid, and in the case of cammodels, previous camshows. Some people, of course, post full original vids, but this isn't typical.
Yep, it's a beefed-up Snapchat for me! Higher quality overall than my Snap ever was, and funny enough, much cheaper monthly subscription.

Typically I see the OnlyFans link when I watch a model who I do not know well and she has a link to her OnlyFans. In the usual case, I have no loyalty to the model and I have no idea what her production quality is. I go from her CB profile to OnlyFans, and what I get is a blank white page. So, she has no brand for me, and I have no clue what it is she is selling me or why I should buy it.

You say I should research it. How am I supposed to do that when someone has an OnlyFans but no other content on a site like ManyVids? To take the other side of that argument, she should sell to me so I do not need to spend my time researching it. She's the vendor. I'm the customer. If you have a product, show the world what that product looks like and advertise it. If vendors sold paper towels with blank white pages that have no photos and no text, I doubt that many consumers would "research it". They just would not buy. There is a consumer expectation that anything worth buying will have marketing communication/advertising to support it.

Twitter is your best bet for seeing a model's preview of their content but many don't use social media to promote themselves. I agree with you... just because a model looks great on a stream doesn't mean their OF content is high quality. It could be blurry pixelated selfies taken on an old phone with an expensive subscription fee. If a model doesn't offer previews of their content anywhere best to look elsewhere to avoid the risk of disappointment.

I'm a CB model and promote my OF heavily on twitter. My photo sets and videos are designed to be thematic. On my free OF I post a censored preview image or 2 (but otherwise full quality) with a link to the locked content and post the same images on twitter (but downsized) also with a link to the locked content. Both come with a short enticing description of what the photo set or video is focused on. I also reguarly post free images (no face or full nudity) on twitter and OF so people have an idea of what to expect.

Hey,

OP I hope you don't mind me hijacking/attempting to resurrect the thread! I had some questions about OF as I'm in the process of setting mine up and wanted to know if there were any expectations around how much content to upload.
  • Mostly I just want to know as subscribers how many pics or vids you think is reasonable for x amount? i.e. Is a fresh and well researched/pre-prepared 5-10 min vid plus 2/3 photosets each week the average for a $9.99 subscription? or is it more/less than you'd want to be seeing (realistically)
  • In terms of pics do you expect a certain amount of photo sets or nudes a week? or are you there more for the vids?
  • Do you want to see a (not too niche) variety of fetish/different content, or the more general sexy but vanilla stuff on there (dildo play etc) but done well?
  • Do you base your decision to subscribe at a certain price point on how much content is uploaded? Or is it the quality? Or experience of the model?
Dunno if I'm overthinking this but I'd hate for someone to subscribe then feel like I was ripping them off.

If I don't plan stuff out it won't happen, hence all the questions, damn ADD brain lol.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Hey,

OP I hope you don't mind me hijacking/attempting to resurrect the thread! I had some questions about OF as I'm in the process of setting mine up and wanted to know if there were any expectations around how much content to upload.
  • Mostly I just want to know as subscribers how many pics or vids you think is reasonable for x amount? i.e. Is a fresh and well researched/pre-prepared 5-10 min vid plus 2/3 photosets each week the average for a $9.99 subscription? or is it more/less than you'd want to be seeing (realistically)
  • In terms of pics do you expect a certain amount of photo sets or nudes a week? or are you there more for the vids?
  • Do you want to see a (not too niche) variety of fetish/different content, or the more general sexy but vanilla stuff on there (dildo play etc) but done well?
  • Do you base your decision to subscribe at a certain price point on how much content is uploaded? Or is it the quality? Or experience of the model?
Dunno if I'm overthinking this but I'd hate for someone to subscribe then feel like I was ripping them off.

If I don't plan stuff out it won't happen, hence all the questions, damn ADD brain lol.

Any help would be much appreciated :)
You have some great questions! Hopefully someone with more experience with OF can answer them. I have just started my OF, but I'm still uploading content so I haven't officially "launched" yet. I have been doing a lot of research on OF and I follow a lot of content creators, so I will do my best to answer what I have read from others, from books about starting an OF and as a subscriber:
  • It depends on your business model. If you are going to have a paid page only, then that may work well for you. What I have seen a lot of content creators do is have the photos or photo sets you mentioned plus some MINI video clips on their timeline as teasers for the full length content.
    • Most content creators that have paid subscription pages only are selling their full length content in the DM.
    • Content creators with free pages usually are selling their full length videos behind a paywall.
    • Most content creators offer a discount on their subscription price in the beginning to get their numbers up and generate a buzz.
  • I think most subscribers are there for the videos more so than photos. Videos on any platform are going to get the most engagement. The content creator that I signed up under made $10K her first month on OF. A nice chunk of that was from video sales. Some from pre-made vids and some from customs.
    • If you come into this already having a nice selection of premade video content, then you will definitely have an edge over content creators that don't --like me. I'm late to the party on that, but I will be doing customs and plan to stream live once I get subscribers. I also intend to start recording my camshows.
  • My content is/will be vanilla, but I will also advertise as being fetish-friendly. Plus if you already have premade fetish videos I would promote those as well, so that subscribers know your range of kink lol!
  • My price is based on me being new to creating adult content and not showing my full face in my content. At least for right now. Plus, I don't have a lot of premade content and will basically be creating video content as I go. I would advise doing a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) and determine your pricing accordingly. There are so many factors that play into that I don't there's an exact science to it.

Omg thank you so much Lena! That's so much info that I really hadn't thought about.

I have a few pre made vids but not a huge amount, better get filming I suppose!

Thanks again for all the info :) really helps

Thank you guys for sharing this, as a lot of the advice applies to Chaturbate fan clubs too.
I really want my fans to feel valued and enjoy my content.

I am a solo, nude, but non-explicit model.
After reading the mentioned review forum, and this,
I realized I may need to be more clear about what type of content I create.

A lot of the reviewers seemed really disappointed that the model didn't offer content with other models,
or explicit content, which I can understand. I am trying my best to work around that and create more interesting solo content.

I also lowered my prices as much as possibly I can
while still being fair to myself and my time.
The last thing I want would be for anybody to feel like they got ripped off.

Part of why models do price their content higher may be because they feel
"it took me a lot of time to make/edit this, I should charge based on that time."
(art is similar with pricing sometimes so that was my thought process.)
I don't take cell phone photos or videos. I put a lot of effort and thought into my content, even if it's non-explicit.

The photos and videos took me literally hours, sometimes all day to film. I use a DSLR camera,
Logitech Brio webcam, and photographic lighting. I don't use filters.

I also know a lot about photography, videography, and styling.

Also, I never leak uncensored content on Twitter, that wouldn't be fair to those who are paying for it.
I do post censored previews of nudes
(usually censored video screenshots that look way more 'low res' than the real thing so they can't get stolen.)
and special "safe for Twitter" photos such as feet for those that subscribe.

Do you guys think it would be a problem if a model charges a lot for nudes/lingerie as a solo creator,
BUT has a disclaimer so viewers know what they're getting?

I added a disclaimer to my page:

"Please note:
I do solo content only. I do not plan on changing that.
My videos are not long, but more longer videos coming soon. If you're a fan and have an idea for a video, please let me know!
Photos and videos include lingerie and nudes but mostly non explicit. Most photos don't show pussy. //// (they actually do but it's not a 'spread' or close up so I don't want people to feel mislead.)
You will NOT see pussy close-ups, anal, or dildos in my videos/photos that I upload for fan club. I just want to be honest about that."
//// (there is actually one video for fans that is slightly more explicit but I didn't want to advertise it so people don't feel disappointed.)

Also, how could a mostly non-explicit model justify a higher priced subscription? I price my fan club at the
lowest possible price that I personally feel ok with (it also includes free PM and cam watching.)

I don't want to lower my price any more, so I want to add value instead. If anybody has
suggestions, please let me know! I am trying my best to update more frequently as well. My eventual goal is to be able to update every day.

Best,
Ava
Ava, I know it's been awhile but as an added note, check out @HeyAshleyTea on twitter for an example of a successful and personable nude but non-explicit model.

I'll have to reread this thread. I keep hearing about the Pay-To-View feature, and I've never used it before. I've just been posting all my stuff right there on my OF timeline...in a locked post with a price tag attached to it. And then some free posts (clothed) for all to see. I'm trying to make more than just chump change here and there on this site, and from what I've heard models are making most of their OF money off PTV posts.

How often are you sending out these PTV posts, and are they going out to every subscriber...or just the subscribers you selected? Are guys getting annoyed that you're sending too many PTV posts to their inbox?

I'll have to reread this thread. I keep hearing about the Pay-To-View feature, and I've never used it before. I've just been posting all my stuff right there on my OF timeline...in a locked post with a price tag attached to it. And then some free posts (clothed) for all to see. I'm trying to make more than just chump change here and there on this site, and from what I've heard models are making most of their OF money off PTV posts.

How often are you sending out these PTV posts, and are they going out to every subscriber...or just the subscribers you selected? Are guys getting annoyed that you're sending too many PTV posts to their inbox?
I only started OF last month and I'm struggling just to keep fans rebill on let alone by PTV's lol. I have plenty of content on my paid page. On Valentine's Day weekend I sent a pretty lengthy video for free to the guys with rebill on, and sent as a PTV to my guys with rebill off. I also posted it as a paid item on my free page, but so far I'm not getting purchases. Trying to stay positive...sigh....

All this time I've just been posting things to my OF timeline in a locked post with a price tag on it. And then making a separate post with a free screenshot from that video. But is it better to just stick to posting "free stuff" (vid screenshots, non-nude pics, announcements, etc.) on my OF timeline, and send all paid content in those DM mass PTV messages with a price attached? And then my free timeline post can just remind them to go to their DMs to see my new vid available for purchase?

I didn't know which was the best way to go about it, so the one day last week I did both...sent a mass DM with my new whipped cream vid AND posted it on my OF timeline in a locked post (followed by a free screenshot of it in a separate post). And my post stated "This is the same video I just sent to your DM, so if you purchased it there no need to purchase it again on this post." I just did that because I wanted to make sure all the subscribers don't miss the post. I have no idea if subscribers are more likely to pay attention to their DMs, or their OF timelines (especially if they're subscribed to multiple creators...Idk how the timeline looks to them as far as notifications of new content)?

I've read that a lot of models are making most of their OF money off of DMs...so I guess from the DM conversations they're having with guys...the tips...and the DM video purchases?

All this time I've just been posting things to my OF timeline in a locked post with a price tag on it. And then making a separate post with a free screenshot from that video. But is it better to just stick to posting "free stuff" (vid screenshots, non-nude pics, announcements, etc.) on my OF timeline, and send all paid content in those DM mass PTV messages with a price attached? And then my free timeline post can just remind them to go to their DMs to see my new vid available for purchase?

I didn't know which was the best way to go about it, so the one day last week I did both...sent a mass DM with my new whipped cream vid AND posted it on my OF timeline in a locked post (followed by a free screenshot of it in a separate post). And my post stated "This is the same video I just sent to your DM, so if you purchased it there no need to purchase it again on this post." I just did that because I wanted to make sure all the subscribers don't miss the post. I have no idea if subscribers are more likely to pay attention to their DMs, or their OF timelines (especially if they're subscribed to multiple creators...Idk how the timeline looks to them as far as notifications of new content)?

I've read that a lot of models are making most of their OF money off of DMs...so I guess from the DM conversations they're having with guys...the tips...and the DM video purchases?

I post paid content to my free timeline as well as a separate preview post with censored screenshots and a link. I send out a mass DM in the next 24-48hrs with a description of the paid content and a link to the preview post. I only post every few days and alternate between free and paid content, so I'm never in danger of spamming my subs.

I also send out a mass DM every week or 2 with a categorized list of my content. I noticed an increase in sales after I started doing mass DMs. If a sub has multiple accounts they are following it would be easy for them to miss your posts on their timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.