AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggest DSLR for High Quality videos?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2020
hey there,

I am looking for a DSLR with which with I can record video on my PC.

So in a way I am looking for a DSLR that I can use as a Webcam so I can bring the stream into OBS.

I aware that I might need a capture card for this, but cannon, sony even nikon has released software that can be used to connect the directly. As this is beta software I am staying away.

I have shortlisted the sony 6000 (not sony 5100 as it is very old). Cannon m50 .

Do let me know your thoughts and suggest any other alternative and cheaper camera.

Thanks

I use a Cannon Rebel T7. I do use the webcam utility beta to stream but for some reason the resolution on the stream shows as low numerically and I can't adjust it with the utility. The actual resolution of the video looks amaze-balls though. On the Mac I have to use CameraLive and Camtwist together to stream if I want to sidestep that issue, but CameraLive is pretty unpredictable.

The Cannon comes with software and you can record through that or I record using QuickTime on my Mac. Or, of course you can use the SD card in the camera, but I prefer to use QT or the Cannon software so I can see n the screen what is being recorded.

Or even a GoPro? I need to start using mine for 4K vids....

Status
Not open for further replies.