AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suicidal Comments in Chat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I have seen this a few times and honestly, never know what to do/say to the person, mostly because on the internet - especially on adult sites - you don't know how legitimate the comment/s are... or if they are simply some guy trolling and thinking he is being funny.

As a model, if someone starts writing suicidal thoughts what do YOU say or do? Do you ignore it as you're not a counselor? Do you feel somewhat a tiny obligated to at least talk to them - a tiny bit or a lot - or do you briefly offer them some site names/numbers where they can seek professional help and then leave it at that, but if they persist you silence (or ban) them?

I have seen it only about 4 or 5 times on Chaturbate (I don't go else where) and the first time, me as a member seeing it, I did say something, just mentioning "not the best place for help, go try site A or B". Other times after that I didn't get involved, as sometimes they seem like trolls. But then how do you distinguish the difference? Do you care -it's a silence/ban for them regardless?

I am truly interested in how you, as an individual deal with it? Could it depend on what they are writing? Is that at all a factor for what you decide? Does it depend on YOUR mood at the time?

Random member I've never seen before? Suicide hotline in PM/chat and ban. Sounds mean, but I think it's more cruel to go around spreading suicide talk in inappropriate places to strangers.
Member I'm familiar with/like? Log out of chat and talk if I can afford to. Offer to talk later if I can't.
Member I'm familiar with/not a fan? Suicide hotline in PM/chat with the added information that I am not professionally or emotionally equipped to deal with that sort of thing. Ban if they mention it further.
Most people have been touched at some point in their life with suicide in some way. No one is coming onto camsites trying to hear about and feel those feelings. I can feel bad that someone is going through an issue, but it's not fair to make everyone who enters your room unwittingly encounter a suicidal member or a troll that's not fun.

I would just report them and block them. Never thought about sending them a suicide hotline. Do that too.

Don't engage on a personal level. It sounds bad but it's not your problem and they shouldn't make it your problem. Protect yourself first.

I had an abusive member do this to me occasionally for like a year. I tried to help, I provided professional free resources, etc.

He never used them & continued to try to engage me & my room in it. So I banned him.

It got to the point where he was harrasing me offsite, & when I was offline about this.

Tbh, now when it happens, I just ban.

I hate to be cynical but I just block and report them, specially if they never came in my room before.
Camsites are not supposed to be used that way. There is plenty of sites and forums out there that could help them.

Reactions: SNATCH and Osyrus
i understand that sometimes they are trying to reach out to someone. no offense to other models, but im not the best person to talk to about that when im working. always suicide hotline and i recommend them checking out 7cups.com

Reactions: OldHippy and Mintx
Status
Not open for further replies.