AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

support not helpful

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
May 7, 2024
on the 3rd of this month i got an email from chaturbate saying that my w-9 was not filed somehow. i sent it to them right away. does this mean i’ll have to wait until the NEXT pay period for my money?

on the 3rd of this month i got an email from chaturbate saying that my w-9 was not filed somehow. i sent it to them right away. does this mean i’ll have to wait until the NEXT pay period for my money?

They don't ask for a w9 but might request one, did you do a legal name change? As that seems to be one of the common reasons for the w9 request based on what I've seen around chats and forums. As for when you get paid I think it depends on how quickly they process it.

Upvote 0
They don't ask for a w9 but might request one, did you do a legal name change? As that seems to be one of the common reasons for the w9 request based on what I've seen around chats and forums. As for when you get paid I think it depends on how quickly they process it.
They do eventually ask for a W-9 from everyone who cashes out tokens. I think it was almost six months into broadcasting on my account before they asked. It took a week to process but I was still allowed to accrue tokens during that period of time. Paid out as normal once accepted.

Edit: I was already eligible for the daily payout option at that point. I could cash out as soon as it was approved.

Upvote 0
Are you sure? It's very rare for me to see a w-9 request thats not associated to someone that hasnt done a name change.

edit: could it be based on income earned?

If you're verified and you're just using tokens to tip other people, you'll never be asked for a W-9. If you cash out tokens and get real money for them, they send a request for a W-9. They're SUPPOSED to do it after you cash out $600 or more in tokens but I think I was $6,000 into it when they asked for mine. So many models quit before they hit that threshold it's not worth the record keeping until they do.

• Helpful!
Reactions: babykalina
Upvote 0
If you're earning tokens to tip to other people*

Upvote 0
If you're verified and you're just using tokens to tip other people, you'll never be asked for a W-9. If you cash out tokens and get real money for them, they send a request for a W-9. They're SUPPOSED to do it after you cash out $600 or more in tokens but I think I was $6,000 into it when they asked for mine. So many models quit before they hit that threshold it's not worth the record keeping until they do.
i had never received payment before i got an email asking for my w-9. i didn’t change my name or billing info at all. i believe my total cash out was around $600.

Upvote 0
i had never received payment before i got an email asking for my w-9. i didn’t change my name or billing info at all. i believe my total cash out was around $600.
Which is what is supposed to happen. Any time an independent contractor earns $600 or more in income from a company, the company needs a W-9 to issue a 1099 for the next tax season.

Upvote 0
Which is what is supposed to happen. Any time an independent contractor earns $600 or more in income from a company, the company needs a W-9 to issue a 1099 for the next tax season.
thank you for letting me know. i thought maybe i’d done something wrong because of the way it said my funds were being held

Upvote 0
thank you for letting me know. i thought maybe i’d done something wrong because of the way it said my funds were being held
You're welcome. I remember having the same feeling when I got the email. Keep broadcasting, it'll be fine. :)

Upvote 0
i didn’t change my name or billing info at all.
I didn't mean on the website I mean if once in your life you ever did a legal name change or put a name in your payout information that may not have matched your initial SSN card. I'm not saying that's what happened maybe CB is starting to collect w9's early 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
maybe CB is starting to collect w9's early 🤷‍♂️
Most sites collect them as soon as a creator/cammer signs up in order for them to earn and then be paid out.

I think CB is one of the few that maybe different because you can earn tokens on there and spend them on other rooms and never actually need to be paid out on them.

So technically, CB collects them late lol

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0