AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Taking too many sick days?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grave_Kitten

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 24, 2015
Twitter Username
@RainbowUnicorn
Sorry if this has been asked already. But I've only been a model for about 3 weeks, and I already have a handful of regs. I also have health problems (im not sure what yet Im waiting until I can see a doctor) as well as horrible anxiety and depression, which is why I picked to be a cam model over any other type of work. Here and there I have to take a night off I usually woudn't or come on way late, because I either feel sick physically or I'm just having a really bad day mental-health wise. sometimes it is 2 days in a row. I know I should be putting in as much as I can and sticking to my schedule since I'm new, but I also know its not a good idea to go on when im sick incase I snap on someone or am just not fun to be around. I always make sure to update with twitter what's going on so most following me aren't left totally clueless to why I'm not online. I guess I'm just worried people will think I'm super flakey or am making excuses to why I can't go on. I don't want people to start hating me for missing days. Any thoughts? :/

I deal with similar situations too (I'm diagnosed with high anxiety/depression) but my first week I put in as much time as possible! To get regulars and see what people are interested in and not so interested in. I work fulltime outside from camming so I typically have a hard time going on every night like the first week but I always update my lovely followers via Twitter. &They are always understanding. I am still trying to figure out a STEADY schedule for myself because it's extremely difficult working 10hrs, taking care of a home/fiancé/four pets, working out and getting some sort of sleep PRIOR to me getting on cam. My hours are way better on MFC around midnight to 6AMish (Eastern time).

I don't think they will think you're flakey they should understand. And I've tried going on cam when I've had a bad day with anxiety and it SHOWED SO BAD everyone kept asking why I was so down....So I recommend you NOT go on cam if you're having a rough day with anxiety/depression.Just take the time to take care of yourself first. Your health is more important and your viewers should most definitely understand that:kiss:.

I deal with similar situations too (I'm diagnosed with high anxiety/depression) but my first week I put in as much time as possible! To get regulars and see what people are interested in and not so interested in. I work fulltime outside from camming so I typically have a hard time going on every night like the first week but I always update my lovely followers via Twitter. &They are always understanding. I am still trying to figure out a STEADY schedule for myself because it's extremely difficult working 10hrs, taking care of a home/fiancé/four pets, working out and getting some sort of sleep PRIOR to me getting on cam. My hours are way better on MFC around midnight to 6AMish (Eastern time).

I don't think they will think you're flakey they should understand. And I've tried going on cam when I've had a bad day with anxiety and it SHOWED SO BAD everyone kept asking why I was so down....So I recommend you NOT go on cam if you're having a rough day with anxiety/depression.Just take the time to take care of yourself first. Your health is more important and your viewers should most definitely understand that:kiss:.
Thank you that makes me feel a lot better :h:

Hi ! if that is anxiety and depression and mood swings try some kava kava or passion fruit herbs (at health food stores) or other stress related supplements that are natural- these can really help.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Amelia Liddell
Same. Same same same. I have so many health problems it's ridiculous lol, mental and physical. I struggle to go on 3 times a week and I feel like I'm losing people who would otherwise be regulars because of it. There are some who follow me on Twitter and Tumblr and stuff and I think that helps, having other ways to stay visible and stay in contact without actually being on cam. I'm not sure how well it'll work (I only started camming at the beginning of July so I'm pretty new too) but I'd like to encourage tippers to buy things that don't require me to be on cam.

At first I didn't really say much about my health problems but it got to a point where I started to feel like I should at least try to explain why I'm off cam so much. I don't know for sure, but I think it had a mixed response - some members have been really nice and send me get well soon messages and even a couple of offline tips, but others have disappeared and I'm guessing it's because they think it's not worth 'investing' in a model who's hardly ever online.

I've also had different opinions on how I come across on cam when I'm at my best vs when I have a little less energy (I've never been on when I'm really bad but I've had days where I'm bouncing around loads and listening to music and all dressed up, and I've had days where I'm sat in bed kinda just chilling unless I get tipped to do something) - my boyfriend watches sometimes and he says on my less energetic days I come across more 'real' and personable for that reason. He may be biased, but I have also had a couple of members seem enthusiastic about the fact that I understand what it's like to have various health/social problems. But then I'm sure there are also a lot of members who just don't care for real life problems and don't want to hang around a model with so many of them ha.

So yeah I think the last time I was online was last Tuesday, and it's now Wednesday... I logged on on Friday but it was so bad I left after half an hour. I don't know if that's just the slump, the fact that I'm new and don't have a following, or if people who've been by my room before aren't interested anymore because I'm so tired or whatever. So I don't know =\

Either way - when you get verified, there's another thread about this sort of thing in the models' only section :> it's not just you at least haha

Reactions: Grave_Kitten
From a members point of view there is nothing worse than waiting for a certain model to come on and then she doesn't appear, lack of communication to regulars can be really damaging. You're doing a very good job communicating via twitter and getting the message out that you won't be on by the sound of it.

If you can, it might also be worth posting a message to the news feed on mfc, if I don't know a models twitter I check there in case there is any news. Not so much for the regs I guess but more the occasional visitor/potential regs.

Same. Same same same. I have so many health problems it's ridiculous lol, mental and physical. I struggle to go on 3 times a week and I feel like I'm losing people who would otherwise be regulars because of it. There are some who follow me on Twitter and Tumblr and stuff and I think that helps, having other ways to stay visible and stay in contact without actually being on cam. I'm not sure how well it'll work (I only started camming at the beginning of July so I'm pretty new too) but I'd like to encourage tippers to buy things that don't require me to be on cam.

At first I didn't really say much about my health problems but it got to a point where I started to feel like I should at least try to explain why I'm off cam so much. I don't know for sure, but I think it had a mixed response - some members have been really nice and send me get well soon messages and even a couple of offline tips, but others have disappeared and I'm guessing it's because they think it's not worth 'investing' in a model who's hardly ever online.

I've also had different opinions on how I come across on cam when I'm at my best vs when I have a little less energy (I've never been on when I'm really bad but I've had days where I'm bouncing around loads and listening to music and all dressed up, and I've had days where I'm sat in bed kinda just chilling unless I get tipped to do something) - my boyfriend watches sometimes and he says on my less energetic days I come across more 'real' and personable for that reason. He may be biased, but I have also had a couple of members seem enthusiastic about the fact that I understand what it's like to have various health/social problems. But then I'm sure there are also a lot of members who just don't care for real life problems and don't want to hang around a model with so many of them ha.

So yeah I think the last time I was online was last Tuesday, and it's now Wednesday... I logged on on Friday but it was so bad I left after half an hour. I don't know if that's just the slump, the fact that I'm new and don't have a following, or if people who've been by my room before aren't interested anymore because I'm so tired or whatever. So I don't know =\

Either way - when you get verified, there's another thread about this sort of thing in the models' only section :> it's not just you at least haha
Health issues are frustrating in this sort of career because you're payed off of entertaining and being that fun girl that men all desire. I was able to sign on every night the first week but the past two weeks I've been struggling signing in everyday I think I signed in maybe two to three times within the last seven days? I just have been feeling overly depressed lately and I try and get myself to feel better but I just can't so I go to sleep and just try and start out fresh the next day but it doesn't seem to happen so until I feel better personally I rather not be on cam. People who care and understand I am thankful and if they don't then I don't need them in my room. I hope you're feeling better babe!

From a members point of view there is nothing worse than waiting for a certain model to come on and then she doesn't appear, lack of communication to regulars can be really damaging. You're doing a very good job communicating via twitter and getting the message out that you won't be on by the sound of it.

If you can, it might also be worth posting a message to the news feed on mfc, if I don't know a models twitter I check there in case there is any news. Not so much for the regs I guess but more the occasional visitor/potential regs.
Yes, I find communication is key. Because it isn't fair to viewers to be excited to see you and then you're nowhere to be found and you haven't voiced out what's going on. But at the same time you. And always control if something sudden happens .

Reactions: QUINCY_UK
Hi ! if that is anxiety and depression and mood swings try some kava kava or passion fruit herbs (at health food stores) or other stress related supplements that are natural- these can really help.
I haven't taken either of those. Sounds interesting though. I'm normally on lots of meds. But the beginning of this year I chose to get off all meds and try to learn to live with my disorders so I've just been struggling horribly so far this year.

I'm glad it's not just me >.< So glad I found this forum. I've found that not talking to other cam models is very lonely to me for some reason, in a sense that it makes me feel like I'm trying to climb through stuff by myself.

Totally agree with what you just said @Grave_Kitten ! Camming is extremely overwhelming as well especially being so new still to everything. So many things you need to know and be aware of and you're constantly having to think of new ways to be creative and fun.

I'm fairly new too. I don't really have a regular schedule, but I still have regulars. They added me to their friends list and whenever they see I'm on the stop by. I agree with everyone that having a regular schedule is important, but I've been succeeding with having a spontaneous schedule as of right now.

I'm fairly new too. I don't really have a regular schedule, but I still have regulars. They added me to their friends list and whenever they see I'm on the stop by. I agree with everyone that having a regular schedule is important, but I've been succeeding with having a spontaneous schedule as of right now.

Glad to know that works too. I have a fairly irregular schedule due to my day job so I've mostly been booking Skype shows. I've considered transferring to a streaming site but figured that not being able to commit to regular hours would hurt me in the end. Glad to know it's possible!

Glad to know that works too. I have a fairly irregular schedule due to my day job so I've mostly been booking Skype shows. I've considered transferring to a streaming site but figured that not being able to commit to regular hours would hurt me in the end. Glad to know it's possible!
Oh its possible, but when you are on you gotta have your a game on and make every minute count.

Another member here, and first up I'd like to say that you should never feel bad for taking days for health reasons, or because your anxiety kicked up. Any regular that you have will be very understanding of such issues, and want you to be healthy and of good mindset because they care about you.

As long as you've communicated to them that these issues can come up and take you away some eves then you are ahead of the curve. As other posters have said communication is key. Dropping a 'not on tonight because of X' on you twitter or the MFC notification system or your snap chatters is highly important. Your members will highly value you telling them to not wait for you, and possibly worry too.

Missing days can be part of a pattern also, as long as you communicate it to folks.

This is really good to know, I've definitely had this issue. So hopefully Twitter and other notifications can help with the communication aspect ^.^

I've got mental health issues and now recent back issues that have given me no choice but to switch to being a clip model. I try to maintain a personality on social networks so that people get a little glimpse of my personality even when I'm feeling icky.
It gets me down a lot more than I like to admit. I'm hoping once I can get at least my physical pain managed I can start on MFC. I just don't want to switch back to live camming til it gets sort of settled.

• Hugs
Reactions: Guy
I've got mental health issues and now recent back issues that have given me no choice but to switch to being a clip model. I try to maintain a personality on social networks so that people get a little glimpse of my personality even when I'm feeling icky.
It gets me down a lot more than I like to admit. I'm hoping once I can get at least my physical pain managed I can start on MFC. I just don't want to switch back to live camming til it gets sort of settled.
I hope your back feels better soon

I've been through several health issues during the last year and a half, specially the last 6 months...awful migraines, awful periods, constant tiredness, feeling dizzy, pain in all my muscles most of the days...etc etc. After visiting too many doctors (they only told me that I was fine, and that everything was "in my head") FINALLY one doctor made the necessary exams, to find out that I'M A CELIAC, and gluten during my meals was killing me softly. Now I started gluten free diet 4 weeks ago, and feeling MUCH better already!!! It's weird how something like that can make you feel that bad!!! It was like : OMG, I'm suddenly 75 years old!!!
During the last 6 month on Streamate, I had to take 1 week, 2 weeks, and even a month because I was feeling too weak, too sad, and in terrible pain.
I kept contact with my regulars through email, letting them know the situation, sending him updates, pictures, songs, etc...and they are so fucking awesome, that most of them are with me again now that I'm back for good. I'm happy not only because of how that helps my economy, I'm happy because they are showing me love, respect and it is amazing to have that kind of people following me.

If you don't feel fine, always put yourself first. Recover, take a rest, search and research why you are feeling like that...VISIT THE DOCTOR, and if one or two or three doctors are not helping you, research and keep on searching someone that helps you. If YOU KNOW something is not right, even when they tell you that everything is fine, keep on searching.

Keep the contact with your friends...and come back when you feel good again.
Im sure all your friends will miss you and they will love to see your smile again!!! Don't give up!

Sorry if this has been asked already. But I've only been a model for about 3 weeks, and I already have a handful of regs. I also have health problems (im not sure what yet Im waiting until I can see a doctor) as well as horrible anxiety and depression, which is why I picked to be a cam model over any other type of work. Here and there I have to take a night off I usually woudn't or come on way late, because I either feel sick physically or I'm just having a really bad day mental-health wise. sometimes it is 2 days in a row. I know I should be putting in as much as I can and sticking to my schedule since I'm new, but I also know its not a good idea to go on when im sick incase I snap on someone or am just not fun to be around. I always make sure to update with twitter what's going on so most following me aren't left totally clueless to why I'm not online. I guess I'm just worried people will think I'm super flakey or am making excuses to why I can't go on. I don't want people to start hating me for missing days. Any thoughts? :/

I don't think they will feel your flaky. I have a real life job where I get 20-40 hours a week and I go to college for 6-9 credit hour per semester, So I need to give school about 12-15 hours a week . I also have a weak immune system because I had some medical problems in the past. I usually make myself a minimum of of 20 hours of caming per weeks. But on those weeks I fall ill and do 10-15 hours a week, my regulars still keep an eye on me and try to visit me on even on my minimal hours I'm on. That's whats nice about caming. Because of my medical problems I don't have to work 60-80 hours of week meaning Ill have to take two jobs and follow the schedule and report there each shift day and night to a job even if I feel ill. With two jobs I HAVE to be thee around the clock butwith caming, I go to my regular job, finish my homework and I have the choice to be on or not be on depending on how I feel.

Also if your not feeling good allot, don't make a schedule. Just pop on when you can. I typically don't make a schedule. Unless Im like "ok I feel great this week homework is done, Its wednessday I work my regular job 7am-1pm thurs-sun So Im getting on cam from 4pm- 10pm thur-sun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.