AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

talkers not tippers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2015
I know most rooms have the crew of users who talk all the time, but rarely if ever tip. These users will applaud other tippers and be happy when counts are complete, but still wont contribute. I'm interested to get the opinion of both models and users on this subject. What do you think of these users?

For me personally, in rooms where these users tend to be prevalent i will tent to tip ninja if i want to help the model but dont want to enable freeloaders no matter how nice they are.

We don't know what is really going on. Dudes could be paying her in many other different ways. I wouldn't worry too much or let others affect how I go about things on a camsite. You could just get private shows if you really don't want to enable freeloaders. The whole set up of the site kinda enables them way more than any tips ever will I'm guessing.

I know most rooms have the crew of users who talk all the time, but rarely if ever tip. These users will applaud other tippers and be happy when counts are complete, but still wont contribute. I'm interested to get the opinion of both models and users on this subject. What do you think of these users?

For me personally, in rooms where these users tend to be prevalent i will tent to tip ninja if i want to help the model but dont want to enable freeloaders no matter how nice they are.
You don't know how much those members have tipped in the past year (or two, etc.), so it's more for the model to say who the "freeloaders" are than you.
The member's financial situation may have changed (job change / loss).
:wondering:

You don't know how much those members have tipped in the past year (or two, etc.), so it's more for the model to say who the "freeloaders" are than you.
The member's financial situation may have changed (job change / loss).
:wondering:
I guess i'm talking about members who the models have confirmed dont tip much, and who in my observation show up in quite a few rooms not tipping much

I guess i'm talking about members who the models have confirmed dont tip much, and who in my observation show up in quite a few rooms not tipping much

why are you talking to models about how much people tip. And why are they telling you.
And stop stalking members in other rooms.

Some models are going to feel that the regulars talking and not tipping give permission to everyone else not to tip.
Other models are going to feel like the people talking help keep things moving, keeps the trolls from taking over, and keeps the model from going out of their mind from boredom. Talkers can make the room seem fun, which leads to tipping.

There is no one successful formula.

Most regulars just tip smaller amounts more often, and since they're in the room almost every night the tips add up. Some people come in once a month and drop a lot of tokens, but the people who are there more frequently usually end up tipping more overall.
This. I don't log on, or really spend much time on MFC unless I'm going to tip my favourite models these days. I'm super grateful for members who log in all the time, like I used to, and keep those ladies going. When I do log in, I may look like a big spender, but, over time, what I tip is a lot less than the aggregate tipped by those who tip a hundred or so tokens a night regularly.

why are you talking to models about how much people tip. And why are they telling you.
And stop stalking members in other rooms.

Some models are going to feel that the regulars talking and not tipping give permission to everyone else not to tip.
Other models are going to feel like the people talking help keep things moving, keeps the trolls from taking over, and keeps the model from going out of their mind from boredom. Talkers can make the room seem fun, which leads to tipping.

There is no one successful formula.
I guess once you've gotten to the point where you've tipped hundreds of thousands of tokens in a room you start to learn who is contributing and who is just bullshitting. And I wouldn't call it stalking if I click on a room and see names i recognize and notice their behavior.

This. I don't log on, or really spend much time on MFC unless I'm going to tip my favourite models these days. I'm super grateful for members who log in all the time, like I used to, and keep those ladies going. When I do log in, I may look like a big spender, but, over time, what I tip is a lot less than the aggregate tipped by those who tip a hundred or so tokens a night regularly.
This kind of thing is totally cool. I guess my beef is with the people I see on all the time in the rooms I am in chatting but never tipping.

• Wat?!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
This kind of thing is totally cool. I guess my beef is with the people I see on all the time in the rooms I am in chatting but never tipping.
Again it's the model's room to run HER way and those things are up to her, not you!
She can ban or ignore those she believes are truly freeloaders.

Don't see em tip? Check their amazon, paypal, west. union, and their tipping history on any of other sites she may be working to make sure. And reassurances from the model cannot be relied upon. Some of these “freeloaders” may be ninja tipping her
emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Curious to hear more about this bit. You see ninja tipping as a tool to fight freeloading? An interesting viewpoint I hadn't considered. Would love to hear more about the logic behind this, if I am not being too nosy.

A thought...they may be freeloaders up until this point, but who is to say they will remain that way? I was a freeloader for months before I ever started tipping (though I will admit I kept my mouth shut, was not a talker). And if they are keeping the room from being dead silent, then they are contributing something imo. I hate quiet rooms.

Here is a relevant ancedote. There was a slow night a while back. Was chit-chattin with model privately. Except for an occasional beggar, nobody was talking in her room. Very boring.

I told her the next beggar req/dem, I would tip for privately (as long as it was on the menu). My motivation was not to perv out on it (at least not this night lol); I was looking for laughs. Wanted to read some of that wtf? stuff in her room. I was bored.

She said ok, and we were off. And those CB greys did not disappoint. Spent that last hour highly amused. Funniest perhaps was the poor feets guy I tipped for who promptly fell in love. The stuff he wrote in chat was both touching and riotously funny. Damn near dislocated a rib laughing.

Now normally, I view those who would dare insult her by begging with contempt (a feeling I realize must be carefully kept in check). But this night was different. Not the kind of thing I am liable to do again, but all things considered, a pretty good night. She got tipped. She got a few laughs. And unless I am misreading things, she seemed to prefer the attention (mostly positive) she was getting over sitting there wishing something would happen.

But I felt a little guilty nonetheless. For one thing, it was a little mean-spirited. And as I mentioned, I am not happy with her being viewed as a potential freebie. So I apologized to her for asking her to put herself in that position, and expressed the hope that maybe some of these guys would remember her and come back with tokens.

I was partially right about this last bit; a few have indeed returned. Unfortunately, they did not return with tokens. I think she has banned three of them so far :haha:. Ah well. It will save her helpers from the trouble of having to silence them on other nights I suppose.

My point is, had I not tipped for them, they might have continued to pop in on occasion as freeloaders. But by enabling their begging ways, I gave them enough rope that they were able to hang themselves (didn't plan it, this is just the way it turned out). So attempting to influence freeloadery with tipping techniques may be pointless. The outcomes can be too unpredictable.

The exception to this is if it is your own freeloading you are trying to quash. In this case, tipping will indeed solve the problem.

Curious to hear more about this bit. You see ninja tipping as a tool to fight freeloading? An interesting viewpoint I hadn't considered. Would love to hear more about the logic behind this, if I am not being too nosy.

Ninja tips don't count towards the automatic count down the model can edit the countdown if she wants, but otherwise it doesn't show.

Edited for wording

Ninja tips don't count towards the automatic count down the model can edit the countdown if she wants, but otherwise it doesn't show.

Edited for wording

Yah. I gotcha now. I was wondering.

You have no idea if these members are financially supporting the model through other means. Unless the model is venting to you about particular freeloading members, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Idk why you even think this is any of your concern anyway. Let models deal with their own rooms, it's our job after all. :rolleyes:

Some members, usually ones who have had paid time with me, I don't mind if they come in my room and just chat. It's nice because when things are slow having someone to chat with helps encourage me to stay online. If someone is really freeloading and being annoying, 99.9999% of us just ban the fucker and move on. Incredibly simple.

If you're so concerned with the lack of tips other members are giving a model, then why not solve the problem yourself and just tip more? Or does just whining about a problem that literally does not affect you at all seem like a better idea? :smirk:

If a model is happy to see someone in her room, I'm generally pleased to see them, too.

Yeah... totally agree with this. It's the model's room, she is in control, so at the end of the day she is the one who says yay or nay to people staying in the room. If an annoying doorknob gets on your goat it's best to just stick them on ignore and don't let them spoil the party.

One thing I've learned in my time on MFC is that it is up to each individual member as to how much they wish to contribute in tips at any given time. It is their money that has purchased those tokens after all and no business of mine to tell them them how to spend it. Likewise they have no shout on how I distribute tokens I bought with my cash. Don't get me wrong, I hate freeloaders with a venom and often have to bite my lip as I get to see some of the inane rambling begging shit that fills the chat in some rooms from tokenless prems, but as already mentioned, it is up to the model how that is dealt with. Her room... her rules etc.

Whatever you do, don't go bleating on and on in the room about people not contributing... you don't know what their circumstances are or their history with that model. Some non-tippers could be long time regs who are contributing in other ways... from wishlists, with cash, gift cards etc. If the model brings up the subject of freeloaders, then fine it's open for discussion, otherwise best stay shtum.

In my experience, I have found that in a low traffic room with not many tippers or potential tippers around, continued ninja tipping is counter-productive and does not promote a good tipping atmosphere. After all, many members do not wish to be seen as the first to tip, they would rather join in when someone else starts, so if tips are hidden from the room, it will not have a beneficial effect in convincing others to join in and contribute. One trick I use is to add in anonymous tips... all still visible to the room... alongside my own tips, so it looks like two people are tipping and use that technique to try and draw other tippers in. It is the only time I would ever tip anonymously.

:)

I am sympathetic. It is frustrating to be in room regularly and have some guy chat all the time and never tip.
There are lot of MFC users that I don't particular enjoy having around. Judging by the popularity of the Annoy and WTF threads, I am not alone. If somebody is annoying but tips well that is fine. There are some guys who really add to the room but don't tip. However, there are some guys who are both annoying and don't tip and frankly I wish the model would ban them.

I do think it is cop out to say "its the models room and she is 100% in charge.". That isn't entirely true. MFC is a social site other users can add to or detract from the entertainment value. If you make regular large tip as well as keep the conversation going than its partly your room also. One of the earliest models room I went to had a 1/2 dozen regulars. We were pretty good internet friends and eventhough the model quit MFC 3 years ago I remain friends with a couple of guys. The nicest thing about that room is I liked all of the regulars and there were no freeloading regulars. Even the guys who lost their job found some way to come up with $20 to give the model every month and we knew that they had previously been big tippers.

I do think it is good advice to get the facts before getting all worked up about it. There are lots of ways to help a model beside tipping for countdowns. I think PMimg the model :Gee I notice annoyingjoe is in your room more than I am but I have never seen him tip this year" is perfectly reasonable. There are million things she could say he takes me for long privates twice week, buys tons of the things of my Amazon wishlist, ninja tips a lot, whatever. Finding that somebody that I thought was a freeloader is actually helping makes feel less annoyed by the member. However sometimes when I ask the question, I find out that sometime that guy hasn't tipped in year, and she is not happy with him either. It is possible if he annoys you that he maybe annoying other tippers, and it seems to be pissing off tippers is perfectly good reason to ban freeloaders.

You have no idea if these members are financially supporting the model through other means. Unless the model is venting to you about particular freeloading members, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Idk why you even think this is any of your concern anyway. Let models deal with their own rooms, it's our job after all. :rolleyes:

Some members, usually ones who have had paid time with me, I don't mind if they come in my room and just chat. It's nice because when things are slow having someone to chat with helps encourage me to stay online. If someone is really freeloading and being annoying, 99.9999% of us just ban the fucker and move on. Incredibly simple.

If you're so concerned with the lack of tips other members are giving a model, then why not solve the problem yourself and just tip more? Or does just whining about a problem that literally does not affect you at all seem like a better idea? :smirk:
Damn I haven't been here long but one thing I have noticed is there is a shit ton of venom directed at people before gathering all of the facts or considering an opinion other than your own so I'm not sure how long I will stay.

In the specific room I have in mind, in fact, yes i do know which users are the regular public tippers, the ninja tippers, the previous big tippers who no longer tip, the users who have never really tipped much but contribute to the good vibe of the room, and the users who have never really tipped much but bring down the vibe of the room.

And, actually, yes, it does affect me. If I am always the one there clearing counts I will stop after a while if no one else is contributing. People come to expect that when I am in a room that counts will be cleared. One model in particular has told me to stop tipping towards counts so other people don't get used to me clearing them.

I have invested considerable time and tokens in some rooms, I'm not just going to leave and find another model just because of a couple things I don't like though. I have expressed how I feel, in a nice way, to the model and she mostly feels the same way about some of these users, yet they haven't really crossed the line to do anything really bannable. These are users who if I see them in a room where I am not established i generally won't stay long.

I am sympathetic. It is frustrating to be in room regularly and have some guy chat all the time and never tip.
There are lot of MFC users that I don't particular enjoy having around. Judging by the popularity of the Annoy and WTF threads, I am not alone. If somebody is annoying but tips well that is fine. There are some guys who really add to the room but don't tip. However, there are some guys who are both annoying and don't tip and frankly I wish the model would ban them.

I do think it is cop out to say "its the models room and she is 100% in charge.". That isn't entirely true. MFC is a social site other users can add to or detract from the entertainment value. If you make regular large tip as well as keep the conversation going than its partly your room also. One of the earliest models room I went to had a 1/2 dozen regulars. We were pretty good internet friends and eventhough the model quit MFC 3 years ago I remain friends with a couple of guys. The nicest thing about that room is I liked all of the regulars and there were no freeloading regulars. Even the guys who lost their job found some way to come up with $20 to give the model every month and we knew that they had previously been big tippers.

I do think it is good advice to get the facts before getting all worked up about it. There are lots of ways to help a model beside tipping for countdowns. I think PMimg the model :Gee I notice annoyingjoe is in your room more than I am but I have never seen him tip this year" is perfectly reasonable. There are million things she could say he takes me for long privates twice week, buys tons of the things of my Amazon wishlist, ninja tips a lot, whatever. Finding that somebody that I thought was a freeloader is actually helping makes feel less annoyed by the member. However sometimes when I ask the question, I find out that sometime that guy hasn't tipped in year, and she is not happy with him either. It is possible if he annoys you that he maybe annoying other tippers, and it seems to be pissing off tippers is perfectly good reason to ban freeloaders.
Agree with all of this

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
In the specific room I have in mind, in fact, yes i do know which users are the regular public tippers, the ninja tippers, the previous big tippers who no longer tip, the users who have never really tipped much but contribute to the good vibe of the room, and the users who have never really tipped much but bring down the vibe of the room.

If this is true, then you and the model must really be having a lot of conversation about her room population. It's certainly your money, but I wouldn't spend my money that way. If I come to a room, I come to see the model. I couldn't give a rat's ass about "random_user". Now, if it got to the point that the randoms were disrupting my enjoyment, it might be time to leave. you may want to visit the "Leaving a model's room thread" for some help.

And, actually, yes, it does affect me. If I am always the one there clearing counts I will stop after a while if no one else is contributing. People come to expect that when I am in a room that counts will be cleared. One model in particular has told me to stop tipping towards counts so other people don't get used to me clearing them.

I have invested considerable time and tokens in some rooms, I'm not just going to leave and find another model just because of a couple things I don't like though. I have expressed how I feel, in a nice way, to the model and she mostly feels the same way about some of these users, yet they haven't really crossed the line to do anything really bannable. These are users who if I see them in a room where I am not established i generally won't stay long.

It's a little sad that you have spent hundreds of thousands of tokens to be so unhappy in a model's chat room. Even though you say you're not going to leave, at some point it will be nut-cutting time. I could not imagine spending the kind of money you talk about spending and end up being miserable. There's that old saying "Vote with your wallet", and stop coming in or move on somewhere else. The flip side, is that in your lengthy conversations with the model , you convince her to ban "annoying_user", that could bite you in the ass. Sooner of later, the room will know that you have this power, and then it will be up to you to clear all countdowns, because a lot of the tippers will move on. I'd rather be in a room with chatters and 1 or 2 dick-heads, than in one where a single dude calls the shots. Not saying I'm right, just my opinion ;)

Now there is a sure fire way to deal with freeloaders: Groups and Privates. I don't want to hear that the model doesn't do that, blah blah blah... There are thousands of sexy girls on MFC that would love to have a dude who's tipped hundreds of thousands of tokens on MFC.

One last thought: I'd rather be in a room with a bunch of chatters/non-tipping regs than in a room with a bunch of non-tipping regs who think they are the model's helper/bodyguard/greeter.

You know the ones:
  • they answer all questions to the model before she can
  • even though they're regs, surprisingly they answer her questions wrong
  • the ones that type "hey dumbass, read her fucking profile" or something similar
  • all questions from newbies are immediately slammed by the room
  • any questions about Skype or privates are greeted with a "yellow wall" of "NO-SKYPE" or "NO-PRIVATE" GIFS
I'm sure you get the message ;)

Good luck to you, brother!

tl;dr It may be time for you to vote with your wallet

I am sympathetic. It is frustrating to be in room regularly and have some guy chat all the time and never tip...If somebody is annoying but tips well that is fine.

I think PMimg the model :Gee I notice annoyingjoe is in your room more than I am but I have never seen him tip this year" is perfectly reasonable.

If you make regular large tip as well as keep the conversation going than its partly your room also.
My view is a little different. If somebody is annoying to me they are annoying. Tipping isn't going to change that.

Now that second line is something I could not bring up except in cases where I was helping and wanted to check and make sure I wasn't fixing to ban or silence a guy who was a tipper. I am highly uncomfortable poking around in that kind of shit. Indeed, I have been made privvy to that kind of information without asking, and it turned into a situation where I was temporarily unable to conduct myself as an adult. I will still lend an ear if she needs it; but the whole time she is venting there is a little voice in my head whispering "This is not your business, this is not your business, this is not your business..."

That third line I strongly disagree with. Even if you tip and chat, you are still just a guest in her house.

If this is true, then you and the model must really be having a lot of conversation about her room population. It's certainly your money, but I wouldn't spend my money that way. If I come to a room, I come to see the model. I couldn't give a rat's ass about "random_user". Now, if it got to the point that the randoms were disrupting my enjoyment, it might be time to leave. you may want to visit the "Leaving a model's room thread" for some help.

It's a little sad that you have spent hundreds of thousands of tokens to be so unhappy in a model's chat room. Even though you say you're not going to leave, at some point it will be nut-cutting time. I could not imagine spending the kind of money you talk about spending and end up being miserable. There's that old saying "Vote with your wallet", and stop coming in or move on somewhere else. The flip side, is that in your lengthy conversations with the model , you convince her to ban "annoying_user", that could bite you in the ass. Sooner of later, the room will know that you have this power, and then it will be up to you to clear all countdowns, because a lot of the tippers will move on. I'd rather be in a room with chatters and 1 or 2 dick-heads, than in one where a single dude calls the shots. Not saying I'm right, just my opinion ;)

Now there is a sure fire way to deal with freeloaders: Groups and Privates. I don't want to hear that the model doesn't do that, blah blah blah... There are thousands of sexy girls on MFC that would love to have a dude who's tipped hundreds of thousands of tokens on MFC.

One last thought: I'd rather be in a room with a bunch of chatters/non-tipping regs than in a room with a bunch of non-tipping regs who think they are the model's helper/bodyguard/greeter.

You know the ones:
  • they answer all questions to the model before she can
  • even though they're regs, surprisingly they answer her questions wrong
  • the ones that type "hey dumbass, read her fucking profile" or something similar
  • all questions from newbies are immediately slammed by the room
  • any questions about Skype or privates are greeted with a "yellow wall" of "NO-SKYPE" or "NO-PRIVATE" GIFS
I'm sure you get the message ;)

Good luck to you, brother!

tl;dr It may be time for you to vote with your wallet
Oh I never said I felt my tokens weren't well spent, I wouldn't tip if I didn't want to.

And I'm the op in the thread you mentioned, I guess I'm just good at storing up shit ;)

I think PMimg the model :Gee I notice annoyingjoe is in your room more than I am but I have never seen him tip this year" is perfectly reasonable.

This is such a WTF moment, that I feel like creating a poll on the above statement. "Is this a perfectly reasonable to say to a model?"

IMO, it's none of my fucking business. NONE.

You certainly have the right to your opinion, free speech and all, but WTF, dude? I admit that I'm not on MFC much these days, but am I that far out of the loop that something like this is acceptable? Please, let me know. (other than HiGirlsRHot, cuz we know his stance :p )

The only saving grace is that you are not my neighbor/co-worker/in-law.

This is such a WTF moment, that I feel like creating a poll on the above statement. "Is this a perfectly reasonable to say to a model?"

IMO, it's none of my fucking business. NONE.

You certainly have the right to your opinion, free speech and all, but WTF, dude? I admit that I'm not on MFC much these days, but am I that far out of the loop that something like this is acceptable? Please, let me know. (other than HiGirlsRHot, cuz we know his stance :p )

The only saving grace is that you are not my neighbor/co-worker/in-law.

I would absolutely vote NO, totally unacceptable to say this to a model. As you said, its none of your business. If I had a regular say that to me, I would tell him to hush his mouth, only concern himself with his actions and let me take care of my own room. When members try and talk shit about other members all I hear is "Heyyy look at how much shittier this person is than meeeeeeee! I'm sooooooo much better!!!" and a massive eye roll ensues.

If you make regular large tip as well as keep the conversation going than its partly your room also.

NOPE. It's always her room, she's always the #1 in charge. You can tip all you want, she can make you a room mod all she wants but it's STILL STRICTLY HER ROOM. Can some members mess up the flow of a room? Totally. But again, this is on the model for not banning them. Because it's her room. And she can do whatever the fuck she wants.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Freeloading perpetually is uncool behavior, but on a slow day - i'd rather have conversation to pass the time than nothing. Not all ladies share this view, but it's mine. On MFC you're not just selling you're own personality, you're selling an experience IN your chat room. In my experience, having a engaging chat room, with lots of interesting, upbeat conversation is what is most likely to draw tippers in.

Real world example for you:
There's a guy who chats in my room, who won a small lottery and quite literally gave it to me years ago. No one really knows that now, because his finances have changed. I would hate to think anyone was thinking he was a freeloading twat. I don't think he' gives a hoot tho..

I don't think you're necessarily doing anything wrong making these posts, but you seem to have a few things mixed up. Terms like "i've invested a ton of tokens" .. i don't know if camgirls are investments. We're entertainment. You're not invested, waiting on a return..

It sounds like you're getting really hung up on some small stuff that might be slowly poisoning your experience on MFC. Hope this helps shed some light on it..

You, as a member, do have one other option. If someone is getting on your nerves that badly, click on their name and click "ignore user". You won't see them anymore and the model can deal with him if she chooses to at some point in time.

People always bitch about freeloaders... I just want to see the model happy. Tipping, when only a few people are tipping, isn't something I get bitter over. I couldn't care less than other people are getting a show for free. That's up to the model to be upset about. My tokens are going to the model, not to please joe schmoe guest # 12345.

It's not something I'd ever be too bothered about, I don't think. Who tips what and when isn't really any of my business. Just because I don't see someone tipping doesn't mean they're not. If someone is annoying, I always have the option of putting them on ignore.

people talking help keep things moving, keeps the trolls from taking over, and keeps the model from going out of their mind from boredom. Talkers can make the room seem fun, which leads to tipping.
This is the best and biggest point. I'd imagine the majority of models feel this way.
I have found that in a low traffic room with not many tippers or potential tippers around, continued ninja tipping is counter-productive and does not promote a good tipping atmosphere.
Yeah, it can go either way. Ninja tips are appreciated if the model doesn't want to use them for the show in the topic and the member understands that as the situation. (For example, I have a member who knows that if a countdown has been up for a long while with no one contributing that I'm likely going to log off soon and save my sanity. He will sometimes tip the remainder or a large chunk of it in an Ninja tip so I can decide to stay or leave, and he's super cool about it.)

But a lot of times a room with a few tips rolling in here or there will create more participation, tip-wise.

Perfectly reasonable? Try extremely nosy and likely to put the model in a weird situation, as she now has to decide if she's going to talk about the other dude behind his back to you just because you're a big tipper or ignore you/deny you info and risk losing you as a tipper. Not fair.

If someone is getting on your nerves that badly, click on their name and click "ignore user". You won't see them anymore and the model can deal with him if she chooses to at some point in time.
This is the way to go.

As for me and my room, I appreciate knowing that my regulars will be there to hang out and chat with me whenever they can. And it's sort of an unspoken understanding that these people will try to contribute a few tokens here or there when they can, but in the mean time they're there for laughs and conversation and to applaud/encourage others when they tip and make countdowns move.

Status
Not open for further replies.