AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

talking in cam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LillyAntonia0

Inactive Cam Model
Feb 25, 2017
Twitter Username
@LillyAntonia1
MFC Username
Antonia00
Chaturbate Username
squirtylilly
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/538667/antonia0/
Hello! I have a problem that always bothered me. I speak fluently 5 languages, and i even have a degree in english, yet i don`t feel confortable talking in cam, i prefer typing. I get shy lol, and i have already 4 years of camming... I do have sound, play some sexy music, sometimes you can hear me saying a little "hello", "merci", or answer some messages if my hands are busy. But not a long talk, like i have seen to other girls. I just can`t.. I post this here because i want answers from both models and users. Girls, what do you do to feel comfortable while talking? Users, how important is this for you?

only real advice I have is 'practice'.
anything you do often enough you become comfortable with, especially if you end up getting a lot of compliments about it (like having a sweet voice or a nice accent or sexy moans or something like that).

I get into zones where I feel awkward talking (especially when the music's loud), and then I have a long reply and just go 'what the hell am I doing? I can talk! and just start yamming on to get through it all :p

I'm still pretty shy with dirty talking, and I usually just type those kind of messages, but with enough practice it'll be something I'm not so sensitive to anymore, like everything else, and then I can make more of a performance with it. I know the only way it'll change is if I keep doing it, even just little by little.

you could even try Skyping with some girls you know/trust just to get more comfortable with treating camming a bit like a phone convo, and even get some feedback on how far from the mic is the best audio and how loud you need your settings to be so you know it'll be a good experience for the viewers.

if you enjoy singing, you could sing along to your music just to get used to being vocal while camming, and eventually merely talking might not seem so different.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: LillyAntonia0
I find talking very important. I don't stay in any models room who doesn't talk. I just find it too boring otherwise.

However if you've been camming for 4 years without talking and are doing well with a bunch of regs who like that then that's fine too. There is no right or wrong answer just personal preferences and although they are rarer there are some top models who often do entire shows where they don't talk at all.

From everything that has ever been suggested to me, talking is highly preferred by members.

yep. makes sense, too. it's easy to be sexy without talking, but it's hard to be charming and sweet and grateful and funny...generally endearing...without talking.

hell, I ended up tipping someone a bunch the other day after her show was over (I didn't see any of the show) and she was just chilling and shooting the shit when a troll tried to body-shame her and she just stood up for herself and showed she was articulate and proud and accepting of diversity and just generally a cool chick. ...you can't twerk that impression onto people.

hell, is it any wonder girls prefer pick-up lines to dick-pics?--we already know you have a dick, show us some personality! likewise we've seen a thousand pussies on cam :p what is it that makes you unique?

yep. makes sense, too. it's easy to be sexy without talking, but it's hard to be charming and sweet and grateful and funny...generally endearing...without talking.

hell, I ended up tipping someone a bunch the other day after her show was over (I didn't see any of the show) and she was just chilling and shooting the shit when a troll tried to body-shame her and she just stood up for herself and showed she was articulate and proud and accepting of diversity and just generally a cool chick. ...you can't twerk that impression onto people.

hell, is it any wonder girls prefer pick-up lines to dick-pics?--we already know you have a dick, show us some personality!

Haha I wish I could love emoji this post like fb. Yass!

• Hugs
Reactions: uncoveredmanhole
hugs's will do hehehe ;)

Hello! I have a problem that always bothered me. I speak fluently 5 languages, and i even have a degree in english, yet i don`t feel confortable talking in cam, i prefer typing. I get shy lol, and i have already 4 years of camming... I do have sound, play some sexy music, sometimes you can hear me saying a little "hello", "merci", or answer some messages if my hands are busy. But not a long talk, like i have seen to other girls. I just can`t.. I post this here because i want answers from both models and users. Girls, what do you do to feel comfortable while talking? Users, how important is this for you?
If a model isn't talking, I assume she is on multiple sites, or has a bunch of PMs going. That can be not fun when the model is laughing at a bunch of jokes that you can't see.

If a model present and engaged in the room, and just typing her responses, I don't really have a problem with that for chatting, but it can be very disruptive once a show starts to have the model constantly stopping to respond to the chat.

I also have the sneaking suspicion that some models just don't know any English, and they have handlers who do the chatting, but that's just wild conjecture.

Models who can talk simply feels more realistic. Models who are just too busy to say much are even better. So long as you have good sound, typing is okay by me.

btw haven't heard the term 'user' in a long time, makes me feel all awkward and wicked...miss the feeling.

I'll give a contrasting point from those above. One of the top models on mfc right now, she's in the top 10 for years now, rarely talks. In fact she has her internal sound going directly to the stream so the music she plays comes through directly without going over the air. There's no physical way for her to talk most of the time on cam since her microphone isn't being used.

It depends on the vibe you want to have in your room. For her, a happy dancing, good time music vibe is what she primarily does. She exclusively types in chat close to 95% of the time. And it works for her.

Reactions: LillyAntonia0
I also have the sneaking suspicion that some models just don't know any English, and they have handlers who do the chatting, but that's just wild conjecture.
While the OP obviously doesn't fall into this category, the single biggest turnoff for me is seeing the model's typed chat appear when she's fully on screen and her hands are nowhere near anything that could be a keyboard. I'm not always in the mood to type and get non-verbal responses, but sometimes that's fun. Typing and finding myself chatting with a presumably male studio boss/employee who's pretending to be the model is never, ever fun.

As a general rule, talking helps members connect with a model. That's more important for some models than for others. Then again, I've formed friendships with models who never said a word of English on cam, because they felt uncomfortable doing so. In a way, speaking will remove distance between the model and her members. Some models may want to keep that distance the way it is.

Speaking isn't so much a big deal to me in public chat. I know a girl's attention can be quit divided, especially if she split cams. (Which can add another layer of complications) As long as I'm tipping and not being completely blown off, then I don't mind just typing. Private messages are supposed to be private after all. Now if I'm in a private, then sure I'd like to hear the model speak with me a bit more during our one-on-one sessions. As it's been said, helps bring the viewer closer to home so to speak.

I don't know whether to branch off this thread or just ask here:

What do you find more memorable about a girl, what she says aloud or what she types to you in private? Both?

Typing and finding myself chatting with a presumably male studio boss/employee who's pretending to be the model is never, ever fun.

I've experienced this too and at first I thought there might be a delay or something, but, it certainly soured me on the room when it seemed that someone other than the model was talking to me.

I do like and prefer the personal feel and voice of a model though even if it is broken English (kinda endearing, actually) or even when you tip for them to talk in their first language (or type). Just the voice is amazing to me and I do like using google translate to figure out what they are saying if they happen to type in their first language. I am weird though, so, there.

Last edited:
I don't know whether to branch off this thread or just ask here:

What do you find more memorable about a girl, what she says aloud or what she types to you in private? Both?

not sure, TBH.
I think most of the time this rule applies: "they may not remember what you said, but they'll remember how you made them feel".

I talk sooo much! ive been told by a few guys that I talk too much lol. start by writing some things to talk about in a notebook and just go for it. I greet every single member that comes in my room and follow the greeting up with some flirty or dirty talk and then wait for a response then move onto the next member joining the room, if no one responds then I go back to the first guy that came in the room and try and get them into a show with another angle or tactic. The notebook can help you not get lost on what to say next if its getting too quite in my room. that being said I know when its time to stop having words come out of my mouth and start having fake dicks go in lol

even if it is broken English (kinda endearing, actually)

it can be , but oh god, there's one south american studio cam where she literally sits there rambling some grumpy screed in Spanish and occasionally saying 'motivation for goal, c'mon guys, motivation'. you ain't having fun, I ain't having fun. and yikes! ...I joke that maybe she's trying to offer an authentic GFE ;)

it's just the hugest turn-off ever. like when a stripper is like 'are you guys tipping tonight? no, ok on to the next guy' ... I dunno hun, are you doing anything remotely impressive tonight or should I tip you for being no more interesting than a stuck up and moody woman at the beach? (sorry, I know this is more of a 'most annoying' thread post)

While the OP obviously doesn't fall into this category, the single biggest turnoff for me is seeing the model's typed chat appear when she's fully on screen and her hands are nowhere near anything that could be a keyboard. I'm not always in the mood to type and get non-verbal responses, but sometimes that's fun. Typing and finding myself chatting with a presumably male studio boss/employee who's pretending to be the model is never, ever fun.
I have had this problem with people thinking someone is typing in my place, because of the lag of the immage sometimes. My message was showing a few seconds before they actually saw me in cam getting close to the keyboard and typing. So i do understand this side.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ramblin
I still don't understand how talking about random things makes people's model experience better. Though I've been told I sound like 60 year old smoker so that might be a part of why I'm reluctant.

I still don't understand how talking about random things makes people's model experience better. Though I've been told I sound like 60 year old smoker so that might be a part of why I'm reluctant.

it's hard to explain... it's just nicer.
an automated 'thank you' doesn't really bring people together the same.

hell, even when you're physically with another person, if they actually speak your language it can make the experience better (I'm not saying it has to, they could have a really incompatible personality).

There is a large contingent of men on camsites who prefer conversation to masturbation, and while I tip for both, the longevity of my stay and thereby volume of tips tend greatly towards models I have a conversational affinity towards. If you can conversationally converse rather than type, I feel like it would certainly lead to higher tips and more engaged membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.