AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

tech help please!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MiaFoxUK

Inactive Cam Model
helloooo

i hope someone can help me, ive got lots of techie friends but dont really want to announce to them exactly what my issues are!

basically, i have a good u/l and d/l speed but my issue is staying connected, randomly my laptop will disconnect from the internet kicking me off the modelweb page and making me log back in, resetting my countdowns and tokens etc! very annoying!

I also cam on a site that uses the Just Cam It program and have the same issue on there

have done a 24hr packet loss test, pinging to my isp website and also my router, both came back with under 1% loss so i think it might be my actual laptop rather than my internet.... :/ im running windows 10, does anyone have any advice at all? pleeeeaaaaaassssseeeeee

xx

Knew a gal in Bucharest that had the same issues. It was her laptop. Sitting it on the bed had blocked all the vents on the bottom and allowed it to overheat. Once it reached that "cooking point" and kicked the overheat triggers to shut down, it was never the same after that. While properly vented and didn't shut down randomly any more, it would drop connections on a whim for CB, MFC, Skype and anything else that was web connected. Tech tried to fix it 2x but she ended up getting a new one due to cost of repair vs new laptop. :)

You can buy fans to set under your laptop to keep it cooler. If it's not doing anything but overheating this is how you fix it from continually doing it before it does have to be repaired. Also by any chance do you have Windows 10 installed? Cause the wifi going in and out is one of the known issues with it.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
it is windows 10.... im hoping ive fixed it though, i THINK it may have been a setting on my router, i will update after my next session, please cross fingers and toes for me!

it is windows 10.... im hoping ive fixed it though, i THINK it may have been a setting on my router, i will update after my next session, please cross fingers and toes for me!

If it keeps doing it and it's not the overheating issue you may wanna try the fixes online for it for windows 10. Though I hear they are just bullshit and dont work. Windows knows about it but just keeps telling people to make sure their drivers are up to date. Assholes. In that case reverting back to whatever you had before that will fix it since windows 7 and 8 users dont have that issue.

I'm having a similar issue with something right now that might be my laptop's processor being too slow. If you think it's overheating, try listening to the fan - if it sounds too loud or laboured, you might have a dust buildup. I once took my laptop apart and in the fan there was a dust/fur clump about as big as the palm of my hand o_o;; so if you know anyone who's good at that sort of thing, that's one thing to try, or you can have it cleaned at a repair shop. Before that you can try putting the hose of a vacuum cleaner against the fan, but if you have pets or are known to shed a lot of hair (both of which apply to me) it'll be much more difficult to get it all out. Then going forward, always set the laptop on a solid, flat surface so that the vents and fans don't get blocked, and try one of the laptop cooler trays like Teagan said.

the router settings fixed it!

googling for hours really does pay off, ive put up with this issues for months, lost so much $$ because of it!

Reactions: CherryChu
Status
Not open for further replies.