AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tech Help

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieElise

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
Twitter Username
@EliMarie717
MFC Username
EliMarie
Streamate Username
MarieElise
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/328205/EliMarie717/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/92217/marie717
Hi this might be a bit dry and not make sense to some of you, but one of my computers is not registering either of my cameras anymore. When I try to fix it it looks like there is a driver error. However, when I go into my device manager (which I only just accessed a few days ago) I now see this (screenshot attached below).

When I go to my command prompt and my power shell I keep getting told I am denied access as an admintrator to my own computer? The nerve!!

(lol warning cam model loose messing w inner workings of computer again)

Attachments

• what in the ....JPG
    what in the ....JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 28
  • cheeky.jpg
    cheeky.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Fridays bullshit.JPG
    Fridays bullshit.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 28
I'm not the most savvy, but I have to ask, have you tried to completely uninstall your webcam and its driver , restart your computer, download the most recent version of the driver, and install it? Just an idea.

Another thing you could try is to restore your computer to a previous storing point and see if the webcam works again.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
I'm not the most savy, but I have to ask, have you tried to completely uninstall your webcam and its driver , restart your computer, download the most recent version of the driver, and install it? Just an idea.

Another thing you could try is to restore your computer to a previous storing point and see if the webcam is now working.
Thankyou, I'm in the process of trying to do the first of those things, but I keep getting told I'm not the administrator to my own computer anymore. So there's a few levels of problems going on here. I appreciate your time and your help. I've been trying to understand this for 2 hours now.

Now I'm in deeper. I followed this

Which lead to this...

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.19041.844

Image Version: 10.0.19043.1645

[== 4.9% ]
Error: 14098

The component store has been corrupted.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Which I think is the route of the problem. Please no one feel pressured to answer this, but if anyone does understand this stuff I'll open my DMs, or keep responding here. I'm now in REALLY deep! It's somewhat thrilling! Fucking fancy!! (of course what's not thrilling is that I still can't stream).

• Wat?!
Reactions: Lou_King_
Have no fear, tech support is here 😂:rofl: Did you solve your issue?

Tip: if you try to run some software and it says "You need to be administrator", you should try to right-click with the mouse on the software you are trying to install and click on "Run as Administrator".

Have no fear, tech support is here 😂:rofl: Did you solve your issue?
I put a bandaid on it, but did not get to the root yet, no. However, I can stream.

Tip: if you try to run some software and it says "You need to be administrator", you should try to right-click with the mouse on the software you are trying to install and click on "Run as Administrator".
Yes, I did this. Thank you for your time though.

Well when you have some time, maybe we can try some other options if you want to

• Hugs
Well when you have some time, maybe we can try some other options if you want to
Awh thanks, you are so sweet.

The main issue is that I get the "MMC could not create the snap-in" error when I try to pull up my device manager. I even went into the registry and messed around, and although it changed some things, it still says MMC error. It just no longer lists the CLSID (because I deleted it).

Hmmm, I found something for you, but I don't know if I can post external links here...

Hmmm, I found something for you, but I don't know if I can post external links here...
I will follow you so you can DM me. I think external links are OK here, as long as they are to reputable sites.
I appreciate your time in trying to help me. Kind.

Now I'm in deeper. I followed this

Which lead to this...

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.19041.844

Image Version: 10.0.19043.1645

[== 4.9% ]
Error: 14098

The component store has been corrupted.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Which I think is the route of the problem. Please no one feel pressured to answer this, but if anyone does understand this stuff I'll open my DMs, or keep responding here. I'm now in REALLY deep! It's somewhat thrilling! Fucking fancy!! (of course what's not thrilling is that I still can't stream).
The logi drivers shouldn't be to much of an issue, just uninstall and reinstall, but the device manager error would make me think the issue isnt witht he drivers, its the issue with device manager thats causing the driver issue.

Personally what I would do, re-install windows after backing up all your needed files. (there should be an option in the windows installer to keep all your files and apps, I would still back everything up and make a note of your software you need just to be on the safe side.)

There's a few reasons why I would just reinstall windows rather than fixing the multiple issues you have, main one being time, you can sink hours into fixing these issues which uncovers more issues and so on.

If it's a secondary pc then sure fixing the issue is probably a better option, but if you need it up and running again with minimal downtime, re-install is going to be the quickest route.

Before reinstalling, maybe try checking for an update, it may pull down the files that it needs to fix the issue (wouldn't hold my breath though, windows updates seem to cause more issues than they solve recently) but it is at least worth trying.

Were there any changes you made before the issue started? that could help identify what caused it and help prevent it happening after a re-install.
If you need a new windows image to do a re-install, here's the DL link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The logi drivers shouldn't be to much of an issue, just uninstall and reinstall, but the device manager error would make me think the issue isnt witht he drivers, its the issue with device manager thats causing the driver issue.

Personally what I would do, re-install windows after backing up all your needed files. (there should be an option in the windows installer to keep all your files and apps, I would still back everything up and make a note of your software you need just to be on the safe side.)

There's a few reasons why I would just reinstall windows rather than fixing the multiple issues you have, main one being time, you can sink hours into fixing these issues which uncovers more issues and so on.

If it's a secondary pc then sure fixing the issue is probably a better option, but if you need it up and running again with minimal downtime, re-install is going to be the quickest route.

Before reinstalling, maybe try checking for an update, it may pull down the files that it needs to fix the issue (wouldn't hold my breath though, windows updates seem to cause more issues than they solve recently) but it is at least worth trying.

Were there any changes you made before the issue started? that could help identify what caused it and help prevent it happening after a re-install.
If you need a new windows image to do a re-install, here's the DL link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Yes, this was the same conclusion I came to, and which was verified by one other person besides yourself too (a few days ago on). Thank you, I apreciate the validation, that I was going in the correct direction.

It's not the most exciting task, but I should stop procrastinating on it. Thanks so much, Marti, as always I appreciate you greatly 😎

TopVC recommended the same page I already had in the thread, but did make the valuable point that I should double check I did the steps correctly, which I will do. I was pretty anal about it the day I did it, but I was also pretty charged about it at the same time, so I will definitely double-check now I am no longer in that frame of mind (ie FUCK I CANT FUCKING STREAM ON MY MAIN FUCKING STREAM MACHINE !!!!!!!)

I also usually prefer the re-installing of Windows option, but for most non-technical users, it's not as easy as it sounds, as they have files all over the PC and passwords stored and all sorts of stuff scattered around and they end up losing data because they forget where they put it and don't back it up. That's why, these days, it's really the last option I recommend to non-technical users.

• Helpful!
I also usually prefer the re-installing of Windows option, but for most non-technical users, it's not as easy as it sounds, as they have files all over the PC and passwords stored and all sorts of stuff scattered around and they end up losing data because they forget where they put it and don't back it up. That's why, these days, it's really the last option I recommend to non-technical users.
I'm a technical user buddy.
And a business woman.
You underestimate who you're dealing with here... 😂
Tsk... if only I had the luxury of being some half bake w shit all over the place...
pinky and the brain 90s GIF

Last edited:
Ok ok, my bad, Pinky :)) didn't want to "insult" you :)) Then, I'll leave you to do what you do every night :D What's that, you ask? Try to take over the world (of course) :))

• Funny!
Ok ok, my bad, Pinky :)) didn't want to "insult" you :)) Then, I'll leave you to do what you do every night :D What's that, you ask? Try to take over the world (of course) :))
I appreciate your time, expertise, and help greatly, nevertheless, Thank you.

Last edited:
For non technical users, I would say that re-install is pretty much the only option, having a non technical user editing registry files and inputting random commands they find on the internet is generally a bad idea since they won't have the understanding of what those commands / registry edits are doing to the system. Most support sites tend to be forums where people will just go through post by post inputting every command hoping that one of them will eventually work which can create a whole new set of issues. Not the best idea when people are accessing things like banking applications or payment information forms from those devices. The only way I would recommend someone to input commands into the command line or make registry edits is if they were willing to cross reference that information to find out what exactly it is going to do to the system.

I end up with files everywhere, my general train of thought though is always, if you cant find it to back it up then you probably havnt used it in long time and therefore dont need it anyway. And there is always now the option of re-installing without removing any of your files.

I mean on this form we are generally talking about business use systems, so all video files and anything important I would assume someone to have backed up either to a cloud or and external drive. If it's not backed up then.... back your crap up 😂 drives fail, shit happens keep backups of important shit 😂

I always recommend people to use password managers like bitwarden, it makes life a lot simpler and makes the passwords more secure than what people will generally come up with. Then after a fresh install it's just re-install the extension and log in with the master password.

You misunderstood me. I didn't mean they should try and fix it themselves with random info from the internet. I meant have someone help them fix their issue without a fresh install.

Also, you'd be surprised how many useful things people forget they have on their PCs (and a lot of them usernames and passwords) that they only remember when they absolutely need it and then, gues what, they're fked...
And password managers, hmmm, I don't know what to say about those, you know that a lot of the smart viruses/trojans out there can steal those too, right? And it's an added bonus for the virus that you're so nice to keep all of your usernames and passwords in on place :))

But, like everything in life, I guess it's a matter of opinion :)

Yes, it's important to highlight for general knowledge that fucking around with your computer's registry is not a smart thing for the unpreviously tech-savvy and knowledgeable to be doing. You can screw up a lot of processes on your machine doing that, if you aren't careful, and don't already know what you are doing.

Luckily many of us are very technologically and mechanically minded though.

Last edited:
You misunderstood me. I didn't mean they should try and fix it themselves with random info from the internet. I meant have someone help them fix their issue without a fresh install.

Also, you'd be surprised how many useful things people forget they have on their PCs (and a lot of them usernames and passwords) that they only remember when they absolutely need it and then, gues what, they're fked...
And password managers, hmmm, I don't know what to say about those, you know that a lot of the smart viruses/trojans out there can steal those too, right? And it's an added bonus for the virus that you're so nice to keep all of your usernames and passwords in on place :))

But, like everything in life, I guess it's a matter of opinion :)
Yep I mis understood lol, I would still say in regards to time and cost, re-install is the way to go for a non tech user, but yeah getting help from someone is a better option than doing it themselves unless they are wanting the learning experience.

Well tbf they shouldn't be storing usernames and passwords on their pc's in files 😂

As for viruses getting access to password managers I mean meh, if someone has access to your system to install a virus, then it's game over anyway, dosnt matter what you do at that point since they already have access to your system. Only thing that's going to help you from there is 2fa and hoping the site that you are inputting the 2fa code into has it set up properly (I know of a couple that dont, they allow for expired codes to be used multiple times etc). And there's easier ways of getting password data than having to crack the hashes of a password manager.

A password manager imo isn't about creating security at the client side, it's about increasing security server side, so when that website gets hacked the hash of your password takes so long to crack it's just not worth doing.

Saying that I can see the argument against password managers, just personally I find there's more benefit than drawback.

I think we might have gone off topic a little 😂

• Helpful!
A password manager imo isn't about creating security at the client side, it's about increasing security server side, so when that website gets hacked the hash of your password takes so long to crack it's just not worth doing.

Well I must totally disagree here, because it has nothing to do with the server side. The password manager stores the encrypted password locally, on your PC. It has nothing to do with the actual website or security in case it gets hacked. It's just a more secure alternative for users to store passwords, than, let's say, plain text files (which, unfortunately, to this day, is still a widely used option :( ) . But, still, for the regular user, I can definitely see the appeal of using a password manager as you can use their autocomplete options for getting into your accounts, among other stuff. So, my final thoughts on the matter would be, sure, if you don't have any other alternatives, you can use a password manager for your passwords, just don't think you're 100% safe with that, coz there are still lots of disadvantages to it.

And as a side note, for all you... 'brainy' and techy people out there, Google has a nice app that's starting to get some traction, Google Authenticator, it's supposed to be "the end of password". It's not yet that widely used, but it's definitely a step in the right direction IMHO.

• Helpful!
I think we might have gone off topic a little 😂
Please don't worry about that :) No problems here.

If anyone were interested I neither use password managers nor store them on my computer.
But I think it's nice this knowledge gets shared w the general public anyways, so I really like this conversation.

Last edited:
But I think it's nice this knowledge gets shared w the general public anyways
Actually, that's the main reason I decided to quit my job and start freelancing, because a lot of the girls in the industry don't know the tech part and end up paying studios a lot of their hard earned money for stuff that should really be public knowledge and not in the hands of some greedy fkers that don't appreciate their work and time spent on this stuff.

Actually, that's the main reason I decided to quit my job and start freelancing,
Interesting.
should really be public knowledge and not in the hands of some greedy fkers that don't appreciate their work and time spent on this stuff.
Well if you also happen to have a Damsel in Distress fetish also (or to perhaps have developed one), feel free to stop by my room. I absolutely adore that roleplay. So fun! Thanks for the reminder, I always forget about how fun that one is.

If I come by your room.... You know what I'm coming for (hint: clock :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ) !

Well I must totally disagree here, because it has nothing to do with the server side. The password manager stores the encrypted password locally, on your PC. It has nothing to do with the actual website or security in case it gets hacked. It's just a more secure alternative for users to store passwords, than, let's say, plain text files (which, unfortunately, to this day, is still a widely used option :( ) . But, still, for the regular user, I can definitely see the appeal of using a password manager as you can use their autocomplete options for getting into your accounts, among other stuff. So, my final thoughts on the matter would be, sure, if you don't have any other alternatives, you can use a password manager for your passwords, just don't think you're 100% safe with that, coz there are still lots of disadvantages to it.

And as a side note, for all you... 'brainy' and techy people out there, Google has a nice app that's starting to get some traction, Google Authenticator, it's supposed to be "the end of password". It's not yet that widely used, but it's definitely a step in the right direction IMHO.
I have to dis agree with your disagreement 😂 I'll give an example of why I say it's server side security opposed to client side.
I'm going to go basic with my example just because it should make it easier to follow than going super in depth into how those hashes get decrypted in hash cracking utilities and should help it be more understandable for people to get a grasp of that dont have that technical knowledge.

You set up your account on example.com, login "username" password "ilik3b00bs!", that then gets hashed using whichever hashing algorithm that site uses and stored on the servers database.

Then example.com gets hacked. the user database gets dumped and now they have the hash for those passwords and run them through a hash cracking utility.

Lets take the same example with a password manager, where a randomly generated password is used instead of a user created one. so now instead of "ilik3b00bs!" the passwrod is "YD3z3tSYtQo6&dZEi#JJBrG".

Again the site gets hacked the hacker gets access to the hash. It will take significantly longer for them to crack the random string than the user generated string. And the randomly generated strings are less likely to be already in wordlists used for brute forcing passwords which means again they take a lot longer to crack.

So I would argue that it has a lot to do with the website getting hacked as that password determines how hard your password hash is to crack once they have access to the database.

I say its not client side security because if someone has access to your machine to be able to get that hash file then there's 100's of other ways for them to also get your passwords, which are a lot easier and a lot less time consuming than cracking hashes. So it does nothing in way of making it more secure on the clients end (except for not being a plain text file which people shouldn't be doing anyway).

Using password manages means you have use longer more complex passwords than you would be able to memorize yourself which increases the entropy of that hash making it take longer to crack.

But I do agree that people shouldn't consider them 100% safe. People should never consider anything 100% safe.

The new google no password thing does look interesting but I still wouldn't say it will be 100% safe.

• Helpful!
Well if you also happen to have a Damsel in Distress fetish also (or to perhaps have developed one), feel free to stop by my room. I absolutely adore that roleplay. So fun! Thanks for the reminder, I always forget about how fun that one is.

I so love this reply! And how it was all handled, turned a potential discussion/fight into an invitation 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.