AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Technical question for Streamate models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2016
Over the past few months, I've noticed that a growing portion of models who used to have high-quality streams no longer do so. Instead of 720p/1080p, their streams look more like 480p (or some lower resolution) being scaled up to HD.

Does this have something to do with the new broadcasting software that models have to use to maintain their ranking? What's wrong with it, and has anyone managed to fix it?

Over the past few months, I've noticed that a growing portion of models who used to have high-quality streams no longer do so. Instead of 720p/1080p, their streams look more like 480p (or some lower resolution) being scaled up to HD.

Does this have something to do with the new broadcasting software that models have to use to maintain their ranking? What's wrong with it, and has anyone managed to fix it?

It's quite possible unfortunately because they seem to force what the site sees as their best possible streaming options. Without speaking to the model directly there's no way for us to know what will fix it. My best guess is upgrading their computer or upload speeds though.

From what I understand, SM is compressing our streams for ease of loading to viewers. Sometimes it's temporary, and if you stay in a room for a bit, it'll go to HD after a bit. This is a little silly, though, because lots of people aren't going to be patient enough to wait for the feed to clear up, and will just pop on to the next one.

From what I understand, SM is compressing our streams for ease of loading to viewers. Sometimes it's temporary, and if you stay in a room for a bit, it'll go to HD after a bit. This is a little silly, though, because lots of people aren't going to be patient enough to wait for the feed to clear up, and will just pop on to the next one.

Exactly. First impressions are everything especially with stuff like this. Even more so in the age where 4k is available. 720p or even 1080p is possibly seen as the "norm" these days, so settling for less in most cases would really not help models. Not sure why they would even do this (SM) anyway, since surely the majority of people have high speed internet these days - even if you're using your smartphone and 4g.

Exactly. First impressions are everything especially with stuff like this. Even more so in the age where 4k is available. 720p or even 1080p is possibly seen as the "norm" these days, so settling for less in most cases would really not help models. Not sure why they would even do this (SM) anyway, since surely the majority of people have high speed internet these days - even if you're using your smartphone and 4g.
Please do send that feedback to them as well, they need to hear feedback from both sides.

In my experience, you can just hit "Raw" to immediately get a model's highest streaming quality. But sometimes there's no option for that, just "Auto."

Status
Not open for further replies.