AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Terrible movies that you enjoyed because they're terrible

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2013
fresh out of the oven
Basically enjoying a movie for the wrong reasons

Breakin' - a movie from the 80s about b-boying (aka break dancing) with some of the most cheesy 80s stuff all shoved into one movie. Never watched the sequel unforunately

The Mummy - featuring Tom Cruise. Seemed to have one absurdly silly sequence after another. The further the movie progressed, the more ridiculous it got.

Oh, so many! This is one of those subjects that I love, but also makes my brain seize up from thinking about all the options. I'm a huge fan of Roger Corman, Troma, Full Moon, and so on. They're pretty self-aware in regards to where they stand on the spectrum of art vs schlock.

Speaking of the emergence of urban counterculture in the 80s, my favorite movie of the genre is Krush Groove. The soundtrack is great, but the story and acting are definitely not great.

This scene from Dogma (also a fun but not very good movie) sums it up well.

wat in the wat

Dogma was amazing. :D

I'll admit my bias extends from the fact that I was working at a movie theater at the time it came out, and I saw it every day for a couple of months. All the cracks become apparent under that much scrutiny. Unfortunately, it's ruined pretty much all Kevin Smith movies for me -- except for Mallrats.

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
I honestly can't think of any..

Usually, I either turn it off and find something else to watch. Or, I've walked out of movie theaters before because couldn't handle them...

Bad Biology

I believe the opening scene starts out where the woman says that she was born with 7 clits. Lmao. The movie is just intentionally weird/dumb as fuck. Haha.

I'm genuinely shocked to see Dogma in this thread, but to each his own. My interpretation of the topic at hand would be a movie that by all standard measures people would say it is a bad movie, but damn do I love it.

My number one in this case would have to be Surf Ninjas. For any not familiar with the film:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surf_Ninjas

Everything about this movie even with my kid brain would say it is crap. But I have loved this movie for 25 years now. I've had roommates and Fraternity Brothers in college who had never seen it and I have got them to love this movie. One of my best friends and I have long running bits about "buying knives", "Finding Spain", and "Moto Surfing" strictly because of this movie. I'm laughing even as I type this. To that end we got his wife to watch it with us about a year or so ago and she's like "I have no reason to like this movie, and yet I like this movie" She wanted to do other things with her time and her day and she couldn't get up to walk away from the movie.

I'm sure there will be some others that might come to me, but right now they are all in the distance compared to Surf Ninjas in my late night brain.

I love me a truly awful film, and Saturday Night Fever might be my favorite.

Every scene is so corny and the dialog so ridiculous that it seems like it might have been written by the Saturday Night Live team. This YouTube clip has some of the funnier scenes.

Reactions: RebelleJay_
Tropic Thunder. Robert Downey Jr. wouldnt survive playing a character in blackface in 2019! And the Simple Jack character played by Ben Stiller has also caused controversy recently, when Snowboarder Shaun White dressed up as the character for Halloween.

I have a strange nomination. The Favourite

Olivia Colman - brilliant. Rachel Weisz - impeccable. Emma Stone - engaging.
Sets and costuming were flawless.

I think it's not a good movie though. It's confused if it's a drama, comedic or just what with an art house film ending.

The Death of Stalin - a comedy with drama. It's clear on what it was throughout and such a better movie with less effort in the performances.

Not Another Teen Movie, Bring it On, Honey

Would never win any Oscars, but I like watching these types of movies as a guilty pleasure when I just want something lighthearted to watch that I don't have to pay close attention to.

Reactions: Kitty_Blue
When I was a child, A Nightmare on Elm Street used to scare the hell out of me! 20 years later I still watch them to have a good laugh :D

I enjoy the first Starship Troopers more than i initially realized. The gung-ho soldier mantra was over the top, along with the some of the quotes. You always hafta question why they waste a million bullets just to kill a single bug when it's far more efficient to destroy a bunch of them with one bomb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan Epstein
Oh there are so many, theres a b-movie company, cant remember the name off the top of my head but they specialize in ripping off current popular movies, they are all so bad that they are watchable, the more serious the movie the better.... bad darma and horror is usually good comedy.

One of the awful films I remember watching that was so bad I watched it 3 or 4 times was the evil bong series...

Status
Not open for further replies.