AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The best show ever.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I go through phases of course, but for the last few years it's been Below Deck on Bravo.

I like the stupid reality tv drama, but mostly I love seeing the beautiful destinations and gorgeous boats and views.

The Office (US version), American Dad and Family Guy are my all time favorite comfort shows. Anytime I’m feeling blah and just want something to zone out to while watching, or fall asleep to, it’s going to be one of those three I’m watching. I’m still bummed The Office is no longer on Netflix.

I also love The L Word. I’m actually about to start watching it again from the beginning since it’s been a little while since I last binged the whole series. It’s so over the top dramatic and I have a huge girl crush on Mia Kirshner (even though her character is a pretty terrible person).

I go through phases of course, but for the last few years it's been Below Deck on Bravo.

I like the stupid reality tv drama, but mostly I love seeing the beautiful destinations and gorgeous boats and views.

I just got into Below Deck because Netflix has the first two seasons and now I want more.

Aside from that my most recent favourite is Succession. Every single character is repulsive yet fascinating and the scripts are great and the cast is phenomenal.

I feel like The Simpsons has had the most influence on my life and personality, but I also haven't watched it regularly in probably more than a decade. It was such great comedy in the 90s for a kid.

I don't re-watch shows generally speaking, but I went through the first 5 or 6 seasons of Agents of SHIELD before the final season was released and enjoyed that.

The only shows now where I make a point of watching every episode are Mandalorian, WandaVision, and The Chef Show. Anything else, even when I love it (Brooklyn 99, The Good Place, Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist) I randomly decide to not bother keeping up.

So, with all that said, my favorite TV show off all time is.......

Knight Rider. Because talking supercar.

The Simpsons, The Wire, Peaky Blinders, and last but not least, My Name is Earle:) There were also many British TV series that weren’t dragging for many seasons but were still great: Luther, Broadchurch, or Life on Mars.
There are also superb series that are not in English: Ragnarok from Norway, Gomorrah from Italy, Bureau des Legends from France, and Dark from Germany:)

All time favs are:

- Star Trek TNG. It got me through some good and some bad times.
- Twin Peaks. Even if the 2nd season has some really bad parts. The 3rd season was artistically an eye opener for me
- The expanse.

I guess I should mention some of my actual "best shows ever" not just current likes:

Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul
MTV's The Challenge
Survivor
Shameless
Battlestar Galactica
Parks and Rec
Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The Office

... American Dad and Family Guy are my all time favorite comfort shows.
:shy: <- here is a cute puppy eye'd futurama looking up at you (and well most people here, too) "going what about me? :sorry:"

Nathan for You

I dont know how to explain why, just watch it.
this^ - i just wish the first episode wasn't... the 1st one.. maybe mid season?? if you think about it.. it's a bit off-putting in a certain sense if you tryng to introduce someone to the show... that said, when i first watched this show i laughed sooooooo much i literally had not experienced a show that induced so much laughter in so little time 10/10

Curb Your Enthusiasm
first episode i ever caught of this early 2000s was the carpool lane. i had no idea about the show before randomly coming across it on TV...and right about the time he... was on his way solo... Oh. My. God. insta-fan since.

my choices leaving off the usual suspects:

futurama :)

dark matter - s4 soon, right guys???? right?? :| guys?? :\ - scifi must-watch
the expanse -it's no dark matter..but.. if you like scifi

hand of god - no BS, its on amazon prime, add it
goliath (s1) - idk why i haven't seen the other seasons.. s1 tho, woof
the patriot - oddly relatable characters - just... good. (i promise i am not shilling for amazon prime or amazon prime originals - sign up today at.. .JK) they do have great series tho!!!

the sopranos - i was a late adapter, i you haven't seen it, treat yo self - prob best show ever, for real.

good start!

if anyone watches any of these because they saw it here.... LMK what you think!

only saying this since i would never expect this from this particular person.... i recommended 'hand of god' to someone asking about shows on a friday before the weekend, he came back to work on monday saying "wow that was a great show" me -> 😲WHAT?? youu... finished it?? "yeah, ron perlman, right?' me :nod: they had marathoned like 20 hours :)

I'll try and vary up the genres/style.
  • The Haunting of Hill House
    • I think this is the best horror show I've ever seen. It felt so complete-- the ending was excellently executed, the cast felt like individual people and not just clichés, the cinematography was well-done, and it had a good mix of environmental/slow scares and faster scares that felt so purposeful. It was the first horror series I've seen that made me say "wow" at the end with almost a want to immediately rewatch it.
  • Breaking Bad
    • I mean, at this point, not much hasn't been said about this show. It's known as one of the all-time greats for a reason. AMC just in general makes great shows, and this show died a hero before it became long enough to see itself become a villain (e.g. Walking Dead being milked out). It was the perfect length, felt thrilling all the way through, and
  • Steins;Gate
    • It's an anime, but even if you don't consider yourself an anime watcher, this is still a great show to watch. The plot is a masterpiece. Hence, I don't like anime movies, but I've actually watched all the Stens;Gate material out there (plus a REALLY GOOD side story called Stens;Gate 0 to watch after the main one). It feels mature as a series-- it's not like some ecchi content, and the character development of the show really comes through. I highly recommend it. It seemingly starts 'slow' in a way, but it builds up before the end so much that you'll be on the edge of your seat before you know it.
  • Whose Line Is It Anyway (Both ABC / CW versions, but especially old ABC episodes)
    • It's an improv comedy show. There is a UK version, but I prefer the US one. This show was a long-running treasure on its ABC version, and when it came back to CW with the original cast, I was ecstatic. TV doesn't really make me laugh too easily, but this show continually makes my face hurt from not being able to stop smiling and/or laughing. I didn't even realize that was a thing before this show. It's so good, that even the reruns are great, which is pretty rare for comedy.
  • Iron Chef (the original version)
    • This show is so over the top but also so great because of it. The best part is when the announcer goes over the theme ingredient. Iron Chef America is alright, but it felt like the skills weren't as top tier in the later years, and it felt artificial & faked. Food shows are a guilty pleasure.

The HBO series Oz (prison drama). That show was nuts! Lol. It has a lot of celebrity guest stars, as well as stars who were also on Law and Order Special Victims Unit (SVU)...which is one of my other favorite shows. Can't wait for the 2-hour event on April 1st when Stabler returns. I'm pretty sure I'll be a bit late getting on cam because of it.

And while on the topic of SVU, I miss Danny Pino on there as Detective Nick Amaro...with his sexy ass. But I've been loving him on that FX show Mayans M.C. I don't have the channel FX, but I do have Hulu...and that's where I'll be able to watch the new episodes the day after they first air. Season 3 premieres March 16th. Sexy, tattooed men on motorcycles...and Danny Pino with facial hair...oh, my! 😍

Best CARTOON show ever for me is the 80s cartoon Jem (I have the DVD box set)...with Scooby Doo coming in second. :)

Oh my goodness, so many! St. Elsewhere is my all-time favorite show. These also rank up there: The Wire, Deadwood, Buffy, Angel, The Sopranos, Freeks and Geeks, Friday Night Lights. Again, so many!

I think my very favorite show of all time is Home Movies. It put in four strong seasons, and didn't overstay its welcome. It led to greater careers for pretty much everyone involved. Such a collection of talent. It's ugly, but honestly one of the cleverest shows I've ever watched (and rewatched many times.) It came from lineage that's just as strong (Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist) and did so much to pave the way for a generation of groundbreaking comedy and animation. It's just really amazing, and I love it to death.

I've talked about The Mighty Boosh before, and how it's been incredibly soothing for me through some very tough times. It's one of the few shows I can just put on and have on, and enjoy every single time it is on.

I think I'd feel the same way about What We Do In the Shadows. It's honestly the most enjoyable new show I've seen in years. I'm really looking forward to the next season!

I guess my taste is goofy-but-smart comedy. As much as I like some occasional drama, I'd have a hard time going back to something like The Wire or whatever for repeated viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.