AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Confederate Flag

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to written quotes from William T. Thompson, the flag's designer. "The white rectangle symbolizes the "supremacy of the white man," Early battle flags were an all white flag with the currently known "stars and bars" in the upper left corner. The confederate flag as it is known today is slightly different than the originals but regardless of the version, its creator's intended symbolism, by his own words, is quite clear. So yes it's true that the flag is a symbol of history and heritage, it's just that it's a history and heritage of oppression, racism, cruelty, and hate.

Thompson didnt create the battle flag though. He only created the 2nd National flag of the confederate. Completely different flags man. Ive seen people quoting him up the ass lately and it boggles my mind people are gonna speak up and repeat quotes without actually knowing a thing on what they are speaking of. Bad quotes don't help anyones case.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ACFFAN69
Second national flag or "the stainless banner" created by Thompson contained in the upper left corner of a white field, the "stars and bars" commonly referred to today as the "battle flag". It was this flag he is describing in his quote. The flag you may be thinking of is the one that closely resembles the current state flag of Georgia, that flag was designed by a Prussian immigrant named Nicola Marschall.

CGP Grey made a nice video on the Confederate flag not too long back.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Teagan
Second national flag or "the stainless banner" created by Thompson contained in the upper left corner of a white field, the "stars and bars" commonly referred to today as the "battle flag". It was this flag he is describing in his quote. The flag you may be thinking of is the one that closely resembles the current state flag of Georgia, that flag was designed by a Prussian immigrant named Nicola Marschall.
No no no. Again please use google or watch what Shaun posted cause though it doesnt say who created what it does explain a lot to people who know nothing on the subject really. Again Thompson who you quoted did not create the battle flag but the 2nd National flag they used and really what ever he did say has no bearing since they are different flags completely.

Reactions: eyeteach
And used proudly by the KKK even to today. Theyre planning yet another protest in SC for all this too. Im pretty sure i'm living my life right as long as I go against pretty much everything the KKK does.

No no no. Again please use google or watch what Shaun posted cause though it doesnt say who created what it does explain a lot to people who know nothing on the subject really. Again Thompson who you quoted did not create the battle flag but the 2nd National flag they used and really what ever he did say has no bearing since they are different flags completely.

While I'm open to the possibility that every source I have found up to this point (through google) is incorrect, my mind will not be changed by you offering no evidence beyond your insistence that it is wrong. The video above does not mention the second flag's creator and only verifies what I said about the first flag of the confederacy. I am beginning to wonder to exactly which flag you are referring.

Love it hate it. Personally I could care less about the flag. This is a symptom of a much larger problem. This is all political correctness gone mad. It seams to me these days if one person is offended that's all it takes to get something banned. The problem is its all free speech. and protected. Free speech is not always popular in fact its sometimes hateful and hurtful. Its acknowledging someone who's words make your blood boil, supporting something that you'd denounce. and that's the great part about it. its giving them there say and then having yours. SC voted 50+ years ago to start flying the flag and now they have voted to remove it. that's how the system is suppost to work. but many people is the battle flag and a symbol heritage not hate. Are there racists who fly this flag? sure. are there racists who fly the Stars and Strips? of course.

My whole point is That Free Speech is anything that ANYONE says it is. The day you start regulating what people say or even think is the beginning of the end.

Reactions: eyeteach
I keep seeing and hearing people saying that this is not the true Confederate flag and it shouldn't have been removed from the state owned property. It doesn't really matter if it is the Confederate flag or not. It is the flag that the state started flying in the early 60s in protest of the Civil Rights Movement. If the flag had been raised for any other reason I don't think there would be as much of an issue.

Love it hate it. Personally I could care less about the flag. This is a symptom of a much larger problem. This is all political correctness gone mad. It seams to me these days if one person is offended that's all it takes to get something banned. The problem is its all free speech. and protected. Free speech is not always popular in fact its sometimes hateful and hurtful. Its acknowledging someone who's words make your blood boil, supporting something that you'd denounce. and that's the great part about it. its giving them there say and then having yours. SC voted 50+ years ago to start flying the flag and now they have voted to remove it. that's how the system is suppost to work. but many people is the battle flag and a symbol heritage not hate. Are there racists who fly this flag? sure. are there racists who fly the Stars and Strips? of course.

My whole point is That Free Speech is anything that ANYONE says it is. The day you start regulating what people say or even think is the beginning of the end.
It's not about saying no one should fly the flag. It's an issue of "should government buildings be flying this flag."

It is the flag of the Enemy, and represents an uprising against the United States. A government office should not be flying the flag of an uprising AGAINST the very government they are supposed to be representing and upholding.
sorry about the PM I sent.

sorry about the PM I sent.
It's fine, things like that are better posted to the public forum that in PM's.

did you see the video? if not ill post it here :)
It is not something I'm interested in watching personally. that doesn't mean you can't post it here for others, that was my point. I'm not sure why you sent it to me specifically.
Have a nice day

Now this has gone too far. This dumbass is crying oppression in Canada because his beloved flag is getting a bad rap, and claims his human rights are being trampled on.

Saskatchewan man says treatment of Confederate flag unfair, files complaint

The Regina man told CBC News that recent public treatment of the symbol, in the province, prompted his formal complaint to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC).

In a letter, which Pippin claims he submitted to the SHRC on July 1, he cites local media coverage and a Saskatoon flag shop owner's decision to stop selling the flag as instances of discrimination.

Source

I wish people would leave the conflicts from their homeland back home where they belong when they come to Canada. We're trying to keep things civilized.

Reactions: Nordling
The confederate flag means slavery.

Roughly 10%, if not less, of Southerners who fought and/or died in that war were slave owners. So why did those others fight? Why did they die? Most of those men were just plain farmers, working their land so their family could survive; they didn't own a 1,000 acres of plantain land and certainly couldn't afford slaves. So I ask again, why did they fight? Would you risk your life for something you never had in the first place and would never own? Is your life with that? Mine certainly isn't.

So why did they fight? Was it slavery? Are you 100% sure? Maybe there was something else there worth fighting for.

Roughly 10%, if not less, of Southerners who fought and/or died in that war were slave owners. So why did those others fight? Why did they die? Most of those men were just plain farmers, working their land so their family could survive; they didn't own a 1,000 acres of plantain land and certainly couldn't afford slaves. So I ask again, why did they fight? Would you risk your life for something you never had in the first place and would never own? Is your life with that? Mine certainly isn't.

So why did they fight? Was it slavery? Are you 100% sure? Maybe there was something else there worth fighting for.

Even southerners who did not own slaves supported slavery. The south depended on slavery for cotton production

I get what you're saying, but I think the logic is a little faulty.

One, poor people have always done the fighting for rich people (or rich slave owners).

Two, people get fooled into fighting for dubious reasons all the time. A lot of guys died in Iraq because 9/11. Except, of course, that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

Three, you can fight and die for an idea you believe in (like slavery), even though you aren't personally involved, and even though that reason is wrong.

Four, what Guy said.

Even southerners who did not own slaves supported slavery. The south depended on slavery for cotton production

Yes, there were some Southerners who didn't own slaves that may supported the institution of slavery, but to imply that Southerners in general all were pro-slavery wouldn't be honest. Again I ask: why did they fight? History will always be written by those that win, and the North won the Civil War therefore it got to write the narrative. I'm not going to question anyone's intelligence and submit to them that slavery wasn't an issue; it certainly was and that can't be argued. But we have to remember something here, the American Civil War was fought less than 100 years after the American War of Independence from Great Britain. Many of those Southerners who fought and died for the South had direct relatives who fought for independence from England; and here, some 71 years later, was another government infringing upon what some of those definitely felt were unalienable rights given to them by the U.S Constitution...including the infringement of the 10th Amendment, ie, state's rights.

They were well within their right to believe such infringements existed. As a matter of fact during the Civil War Abraham Lincoln himself, whom during the fourth debate with William Douglas made it abundantly clear that he didn't believe in black equality, suspended the writ of habeus corpus and imprisoned those who were critics of the U.S. Government. Federal armies during the war quartered and impounded any land, towns, cities, houses, barns, warehouses, arms and to some extent slaves, that it found.

Yes slavery was an issue, but it wasn't the only issue. Now, regarding the Confederate battle flag, ie, the flag of Northerrn Virginia. Yes, skin heads and neo-nazi's have adopted that flag for their own issues; as a Southerner I find this abhorrent. However, censoring the flag is a dangerous precedent that I strongly believe we need to be wary of. If that happens then any and all speech, whether we agree with it or not, can be mandated illegal. The part currently in power won't always be in power and a pendulum that has swung so far to left will swing back to the right; in which case I'm afraid more rights will be governed away in order to "govern at least from the center." I can't lie, that scares the hell out of me.

Yes, there were some Southerners who didn't own slaves that may supported the institution of slavery, but to imply that Southerners in general all were pro-slavery wouldn't be honest. Again I ask: why did they fight? History will always be written by those that win, and the North won the Civil War therefore it got to write the narrative. I'm not going to question anyone's intelligence and submit to them that slavery wasn't an issue; it certainly was and that can't be argued. But we have to remember something here, the American Civil War was fought less than 100 years after the American War of Independence from Great Britain. Many of those Southerners who fought and died for the South had direct relatives who fought for independence from England; and here, some 71 years later, was another government infringing upon what some of those definitely felt were unalienable rights given to them by the U.S Constitution...including the infringement of the 10th Amendment, ie, state's rights.

They were well within their right to believe such infringements existed. As a matter of fact during the Civil War Abraham Lincoln himself, whom during the fourth debate with William Douglas made it abundantly clear that he didn't believe in black equality, suspended the writ of habeus corpus and imprisoned those who were critics of the U.S. Government. Federal armies during the war quartered and impounded any land, towns, cities, houses, barns, warehouses, arms and to some extent slaves, that it found.

Yes slavery was an issue, but it wasn't the only issue. Now, regarding the Confederate battle flag, ie, the flag of Northerrn Virginia. Yes, skin heads and neo-nazi's have adopted that flag for their own issues; as a Southerner I find this abhorrent. However, censoring the flag is a dangerous precedent that I strongly believe we need to be wary of. If that happens then any and all speech, whether we agree with it or not, can be mandated illegal. The part currently in power won't always be in power and a pendulum that has swung so far to left will swing back to the right; in which case I'm afraid more rights will be governed away in order to "govern at least from the center." I can't lie, that scares the hell out of me.

I totally buy that some, maybe many, of them were fighting for states' rights. But what right specifically had them all riled up? The right to own slaves.

ETS: As for censoring the flag, I think it's been pointed out several times that government agencies aren't banning the flag. They are just removing it from publicly owned venues.

The rest of the "banning" is simply being done by people who are exercising their rights to free speech, just like the people who choose to display that flag.

I totally buy that some, maybe many, of them were fighting for states' rights. But what right specifically had them all riled up? The right to own slaves.

What about the right to protect one's own family and property from an infringing government? You think that's not worth fighting for? Is your family not worth dying for? I have to say that mine is, and my family never owned slaves.

Incidentally, as per your previous response, I fought in Iraq with some great people. I left half a leg in Afghanistan and know of some brave guys who didn't make it back alive. Why did we fight? I can't answer for all, but I know in my circle we went so that members of our families wouldn't have to...we also went so you wouldn't have to go. Okay, that's for another thread and I'm not going to highjack this one with that particular subject.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
What about the right to protect one's own family and property from an infringing government? You think that's not worth fighting for? Is your family not worth dying for? I have to say that mine is, and my family never owned slaves.

Incidentally, as per your previous response, I fought in Iraq with some great people. I left half a leg in Afghanistan and know of some brave guys who didn't make it back alive. Why did we fight? I can't answer for all, but I know in my circle we went so that members of our families wouldn't have to...we also went so you wouldn't have to go. Okay, that's for another thread and I'm not going to highjack this one with that particular subject.

An "infringing government" is one that disappears dissidents, annexes whole regions by use of military force, or that seizes property and kills the owner.

A government that says, "no, you can't enslave human beings" is a government doing its job. To equate one with the other is...well, sorry, but it's fucking dumb.

And don't hit me with that "we served so you wouldn't have to" martyr bullshit.

I did my time in uniform, including a visit to Iraq courtesy of the Army, a generation before yours. I know why guys enlist and it rarely is for some noble bullshit.

And don't hit me with that "we served so you wouldn't have to" martyr bullshit.

I did my time in uniform, including a visit to Iraq courtesy of the Army, a generation before yours. I know why guys enlist and it rarely is for some noble bullshit.

I said I wouldn't highjack this thread and I'm not going to, so let this be my last statement to you Ginger. In all due respect, go to fucking hell.

gingerhobbit said:
The flag issue is sorta like gay marriage, climate change, evolution...it's 2015, why the fuck is this still even a discussion?
Those who are ignorant of history (as well as other disciplines) always assume that advancing time equates with advancing social and scientific progress. It doesn’t. But given that in 2015 in the United States public education and the fourth estate have both been annihilated, such ignorance is only to be expected.

gingerhobbit said:
One, poor people have always done the fighting for rich people (or rich slave owners). Two, people get fooled into fighting for dubious reasons all the time. A lot of guys died in Iraq because 9/11. Except, of course, that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.9
These two statements are correct.

gingerhobbit said:
Three, you can fight and die for an idea you believe in (like slavery), even though you aren't personally involved, and even though that reason is wrong.
This statement is theoretically correct.

gingerhobbit said:
This conclusion however, is a non sequitur, for you’ve made no logical argument to justify it. You’re simply advancing your personal opinion as fact – which it isn’t. As eyeteach fruitlessly attempted to point out, the majority of southerners weren’t slave owners; therefore directly equating the Confederate flag and state’s rights with slavery and racism is ignorant at best and deliberately deceptive at worst.

I imagine most people know that blacks owned black slaves in Africa. But how many people know that the first slaveowner in America was a black man? How many people know that Jews provided the ships, the crews and the captains that transported the majority of slaves to the New World? How many people know that the majority of the slave owners in the South, and in particular the largest slave owners, were Jews?

But let’s not talk about inconvenient facts. Instead, let’s pretend that we can eliminate 350+ years of racial strife by throwing around a simplistic social meme and banning a few symbols. Let’s ignore the fact that the average Southerner during the Civil War was no different from the average American today, fighting and dying in wars that they never chose and never understood.

In fact, after we ban the Confederate flag, let’s ban the American flag too, because, hey, it’s just as racist and imperialistic too, isn’t it? I’m sure there must be someone in the United States who finds it offensive; and once it’s gone, this will be a perfect world, won’t it? No more racisim in the hearts of men, peace on earth and good will towards all.

gingerhobbit said:
ETS: As for censoring the flag, I think it's been pointed out several times that government agencies aren't banning the flag. They are just removing it from publicly owned venues.
False. Both Amazon and Ebay have been forbidden to sell the Confederate flag by the US Government.

gingerhobbit said:
The rest of the "banning" is simply being done by people who are exercising their rights to free speech, just like the people who choose to display that flag.
One person’s right to “free speech” doesn’t give them the right to trespass onto another person’s private property to steal and desecrate, much less to dig up graves at public monuments.

gingerhobbit said:
An "infringing government" is one that disappears dissidents, annexes whole regions by use of military force, or that seizes property and kills the owner.
Extraordinary renditions, Iraq and Afghanistan, Ruby Ridge… any of this ringing a bell?

gingerhobbit said:
A government that says, "no, you can't enslave human beings" is a government doing its job. To equate one with the other is...well, sorry, but it's fucking dumb.
You must be referring to the Obama’s administration’s demand that the anti-slavery clause in the Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement be removed, thereby allowing Malaysia (a major hub for human trafficking) to be a part of said agreement. Of course this was only a month before Obama attacked the Confederate flag as a symbol of slavery. Hypocrisy much? 2,000 years and what has changed? The masses are still pacified with bread and circuses while the ruling elites carry on business as usual.

False. Both Amazon and Ebay have been forbidden to sell the Confederate flag by the US Government.
http://m.snopes.com/2015/06/25/amazon-federal-confederate-flag-ban/

Is it possible that you have made some terrible arguments based on faulty info throughout the course of this thread? What does the race of the first slave owner in America, or the fact that some of the people involved in the slave trade were Jews, have to do with anything? Are you sure "non sequitur" is a term you are ready to be bandying about?

Complete. Propaganda. You have swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.

Instead, let’s pretend that we can eliminate 350+ years of racial strife by throwing around a simplistic social meme and banning a few symbols.
It's got nothing to do with eliminating 350 years of anything. It's got to do with people in the here and now who find that symbol offensive (and with pretty damn good reason); and while they may be quite content to let you fly that flag off your front porch, expecting them to tolerate that crap flapping over their head when they have to go do business on government property may be a little much to ask.

http://m.snopes.com/2015/06/25/amazon-federal-confederate-flag-ban/

Is it possible that you have made some terrible arguments based on faulty info throughout the course of this thread? What does the race of the first slave owner in America, or the fact that some of the people involved in the slave trade were Jews, have to do with anything? Are you sure "non sequitur" is a term you are ready to be bandying about?

Complete. Propaganda. You have swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.

It's got nothing to do with eliminating 350 years of anything. It's got to do with people in the here and now who find that symbol offensive (and with pretty damn good reason); and while they may be quite content to let you fly that flag off your front porch, expecting them to tolerate that crap flapping over their head when they have to go do business on government property may be a little much to ask.
I’m sorry the reference to bread and circuses went over your head. Of course the fact that the first slave owner in America was black is inconsequential. Of course the fact that free blacks in America owned slaves is inconsequential. Of course the fact that blacks in Africa owned slaves is inconsequential. Nor did I say that “some” of the people in the slave trade were Jews. I said the majority were Jews; just as the majority of the white slave trade today is in the hands of Israel. But let’s just bury our head in the sand and ignore all these pesky facts, because otherwise, I suppose we’d have to start eliminating black and Jewish symbols from America as well, wouldn’t we?

But please continue with your circus, continue to ban and tear down symbols out of your distorted and incomplete view of history, while you do absolutely nothing to address the real issues of slavery which exist in the 21st century.

• Wat?!
Reactions: SexySteph
Here are some more inconvenient facts. Slavery existed in the North as well as the South. Altogether it was legal in the United States for almost 250 years. The Confederate flag only flew for about 4 of those years. So should we be banning the Confederate flag or the US Flag?

The Confederate flag flew over Democratic controlled states. The Democrats created the Confederacy, fought the Civil War, and after losing, started the KKK, and passed Jim Crow laws to prevent blacks from voting Republican (since the Republican party was specifically created to eliminate slavery). So should we be banning the Confederate flag, or the symbols of the Democratic Party?

People need to calm the f*ck down. Seriously. All of this politically correct cr*p is going to turn the entire country into a bunch of imbeciles.

Status
Not open for further replies.