AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Elder Scrolls : Skyrim

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never have need to play Oblivion again, tbh, because everything Oblivion did, Skyrim does a lot better, and also does more.
Morrowind I can see myself maybe playing again some day because it has this very distinct feel of its own, but after having played Skyrim for like 90 hours by now, even the thought of Oblivion feels washed-out and lame.

So yeah, Skyrim is fucking fantastic. I spent most of last week on sick leave because my back was busted, so I had ample time to play the game religiously. It has some slight flaws like utterly retarded followers, some balance issues with certain skills, etc, but overall it's just such a vast improvement over Obvlivion (which I loved to bits back in the day, don't get me wrong) that it boggles the mind. Here are some of the most prominent improvements for me:

-The world is just so much more alive, muchly thanks to the greatly increased amount of voice actors, and almost everyone having something unique to say instead of everyone just talking about how mudcrabs are icky all day long. Also, NPCs actually react to things you do.

-The way the world scales to your level is VASTLY superior to Oblivion's totally retarded "bloody everything levels up with you" method. Now you actually feel more powerful when you get to higher levels because you will still run into regular joe bandits in loincloths, and can kill them in one blow. But you will also run into badass motherfuckers who will wipe the floor with you. Having an ebony greatsword is actually a thing now because everyone and their dog doesn't also have one.

-Exploring is a lot more rewarding now, because treasure chests will actually have treasure in them instead of a handful of coins, two empty bottles and a potato. Also, even the caves/ruins/dungeons without any quests related to them have all kinds of neat and unique stuff in them to see and experience.

-Combat is miles more fun, because you don't have to whale at an opponent for the bigger half of a day to kill him, anymore... but conversely enemies can fucking one-shot you if you're not careful. Keeps things a lot more interesting. The finishing moves are pretty neat too. Also, dual-wielding for the motherfucking win.

-You can actually make a good-looking character with little effort and no "facelift mods", now. Yes, that's a big deal. :p

-The soundtrack is gorgeous. Oblivion had very good music as well, but Skyrim is pretty much Jeremy Soule's best work to date, I'd say. The battle music, especially in dragon battles, is bloody epic and the more ambient exploring music is hugely atmospheric. The main theme didn't become an instant classic for nothing.

-Motherfucking dragons and motherfucking fantasy vikings.

As a soothing end to all that rambling, some screenshots I've taken while playing:
--My character, Daerwyn, the buzzsaw of the north.
--Some bard lass in a tavern somewhere. Man, she played some sweet tunes with that lute.
--My trusty sidekick Lydia, pretending to be a samurai or someshit.
--Goddamn that's pretty. I actually made this my desktop wallpaper.
--Daerwyn looking badass in her new armor.

Man, I wish I had more sick leave. Maybe I should go tumble down a staircase or something.

Yea, I'll still come back to Oblivion eventually. I know there's a lot I didn't get finished there. I have a few small gripes wit Skyrim. First, the fucking fuckers that are the fucking saber-tooths. I hate those fucking bitches! I miss being able to create my own spells. I miss the mini-game of haggling/ speechcraft from Oblivion. I can't decide if I'm happy they put so much into the atmosphere or not; I can barely see what's attacking me half the time (in the snowy areas). Keeps it more realistic, but also keeps me being killed.
But those are small. My biggest complaint is the navigation. I like how the compass showed objectives in different colors rather than white/grey. But I'm getting used to it.
Actually, I take that back. My biggest complaint is the fucking saber-tooth.

I want to punch a cat now.

waogo said:
Nordick said:
Sorry for the double post, but I just now stumbled on this and the post editing timelimit had expired:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAnQQcIncq0

Seriously, holy shit those girls NAIL it. Amazing work.

Apparently that's one girl, not two, so even more impressive.
They definitely look like two girls. Two reasonably hot girls too as I'm surprised no one's noted in the comments.

Jupiter551 said:
waogo said:
Nordick said:
Sorry for the double post, but I just now stumbled on this and the post editing timelimit had expired:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAnQQcIncq0

Seriously, holy shit those girls NAIL it. Amazing work.

Apparently that's one girl, not two, so even more impressive.
They definitely look like two girls. Two reasonably hot girls too as I'm surprised no one's noted in the comments.
You're right, it is 2. I apparently am silly and forgot the description expands. Though they do kind of have the same nose, so it threw me.

I'm in love with this game. It's absolutely gorgeous and so in-depth. I've logged a decent chunk of hours already and barely scratched the surface of the main quest - right now I'm doing the mage college quests and trying to gain some more skills before I do the main quest. (I have a bad habit of whipping through the main quest superfast in RPGs so I'm trying to slow down and enjoy the game.)

I'm playing it on 360, and I have a decent size HD TV but I have problems seeing the navigation - maybe I am just blind but that really annoys me. I found it a lot easier to find the quest targets on Oblivion, but I did play that on PC so maybe that's the difference.

The leveling seems much more realistic than it did in Oblivion...even though it's frustrating, I like that I can't kill everything yet and I have to level up before I do some of the quests.

Overall, I'm really impressed!!

Reactions: Jupiter551
lordmagellan said:
Am I the only one who wants to see half the chicks in this game naked?
Lol there's already mods for that, I messed around with one and found these hunters moonlight skinny-dipping at a hot spring (their clothes and weapons and stuff were piled on the bank lol)

Attachments

• 2011-11-17_00003.jpg
    2011-11-17_00003.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 2011-11-17_00004.jpg
    2011-11-17_00004.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 165
Jupiter551 said:
Lol there's already mods for that, I messed around with one and found these hunters moonlight skinny-dipping at a hot spring (their clothes and weapons and stuff were piled on the bank lol)
I've got to start playing on a pc....

lordmagellan said:
I miss being able to create my own spells.
Yeah, this. Spell-making is pretty much the only thing I REALLY miss having in the game, and while the new enchanting system is nifty and makes sense and all, the old one had more freedom which was nice. I remember when I had trouble keeping track of enemies in dark caves in Oblivion, I enchanted my sword to cast a light effect on striking. No more hiding for you, Mr. Walking Beacon. :-D
lordmagellan said:
Actually, I take that back. My biggest complaint is the fucking saber-tooth.
Huh, I never had a problem with those. I don't even run into them all that often.
Wolves and skeevers are fucking annoying, though.

lordmagellan said:
Nope. :mrgreen:
I was overjoyed when I finished the Companions quest line and found out I could now have any one of them tag along as a follower, because DAYUMN that Aela the Huntress is a sexy one. :p

Nordick said:
I was overjoyed when I finished the Companions quest line and found out I could now have any one of them tag along as a follower, because DAYUMN that Aela the Huntress is a sexy one. :p
I married her, she now runs a general goods store out of my house in solitude :lol:

Attachments

• 2011-11-18_00001.jpg
    2011-11-18_00001.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 154
with an illusion of 100 and sneak of 100 light armor 80 , and one handed weapons 80 im at level 36 ... being invisible and sneaking around is pretty awesome

the one thing I failed to do is long range attacks i suck at destruction spells and archery ...now I need built up on either one of those two to shoot down those pesky dragons..

Jupiter551 said:
Nordick said:
I married her, she now runs a general goods store out of my house in solitude :lol:
I didn't think she was the marrying type. More of a "meet me under the full moon for a romp in the forest" kinda girl.

JerMajesty said:
with an illusion of 100 and sneak of 100 light armor 80 , and one handed weapons 80 im at level 36 ... being invisible and sneaking around is pretty awesome

the one thing I failed to do is long range attacks i suck at destruction spells and archery ...now I need built up on either one of those two to shoot down those pesky dragons..
I usually wait til the dragon starts hovering to breathe fire/frost and hit him with a flame shout, so long as you're in an open space for him to land, he'll land

My character is level 53 and a bit of a mishmash of stuff, has enchanting and blacksmithing at 100 so all his stuff has dual enchants on it and is "legendary" level, 2 handers hit for 530 or something, one handers (not fully specced yet) are about 250 per hit, might get the dual flurry perks, and still have 2x 1 hander damage ones. Am at about 1050 armour rating but only in light armour, I probably should have picked heavy since I can make daedric, dragonplate etc.

lordmagellan said:
I wonder how long til they make mods like this (group of mods) for oblivion...I bet it's either out or being worked on lol.

Reactions: Michael_G
I started a couple days ago and I'm level 22 now. I went for a Dark Elf with a main focus on sneaking and a little destruction on the side. :geek:
I haven't played the previous Elder Scrolls games but it's fun.

Jupiter551 said:
Nightingale armour :D
Yeah, it sure is spiffy isn't it?

Especially with an improved texture!

Also, it's possible most of you have seen/heard this already, but I'll link it just in case because it's absolutely beautiful:

Seriously, I just can't get enough of that, so immensely atmospheric and emotional.
Also the girl is just adorable.

Attachments

• TESV 2011-12-04 00-47-29-34.jpg
    TESV 2011-12-04 00-47-29-34.jpg
    866.6 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Michael_G
FeistyFox said:
I realized that a very unrealistic thing to do that one would never do in real life is harvesting herbs while running away from a dragon (thanks to running out of arrows). It's like..."OMG run! Ooooo snowberries!"
An addict might. Nothing gets between a fiend and his fix.

Wait...wrong game....

Reactions: FeistyFox
I love one hit killing dragons.. Sneak, Invisibility, Dragonshout, Invisibility, Wait till the dragon lands, Sneak Critical Attack with the Dagger for 30 x Damage = win

:lol:

You can one-hit them on master difficulty without all that messing around just with a dual wield power attack fully perked using 2x daedric maces upgraded with over 200 smithing + 50% pot, and double enchanted gear.

Boethiah's Ebony Mail is nice sneakable heavy armour with a cool smoke effect and does aoe damage in combat, have been using it a bit on this char.

Attachments

• 2011-12-05_00001.jpg
    2011-12-05_00001.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 2011-12-05_00002.jpg
    2011-12-05_00002.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 53
I still have trouble however with the backwards-flying, never-landing dragons that don't die even when they have no health.

Jessi said:
I used to be a camgirl.
Then I took an arrow in the knee.
Now I sit on my disfigured ass all day pretending Im a Kahjiit.
Is...that an amulet of Mara you're wearing?? ;)

Attachments

• 2011-12-06_00001.jpg
    2011-12-06_00001.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 28
i like a challenge..and plus its more fun when the dragon is dealing with Shadowmere or a random town guard or other enemies like Forsworn or something and me sneaking behind and just instantly killing it with a dagger haha...

Jessi said:
I used to be a camgirl.
Then I took an arrow in the knee.
Now I sit on my disfigured ass all day pretending Im a Kahjiit.

fixed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.