AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Football Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RoyDivision said:
This image has haunted my dreams since yesterday and now I will share the pain

dungybouohmygod.gif

fX9jz.gif

Also
5nt4k8.jpg

Also
haleyfailpink-600x337.jpg

Well seeing as half the roster for the Packers is injured for the year I think i'll throw in the towel this year. I think they'll finish 8-8 at best so hopefully we get a good draft spot.

So instead I focus on the gambling and fantasy aspect of the sport now.

Brett Favre won me money! To win this weeks Pick 'em at my work I needed the Jets to win and the total score to be between 48-51. So when it was 22-20 with under 2 minutes left I was afraid of the vikings coming back and stealing one AND THEN the pick six happens and my cell phone starts ringing from the man I had just stolen money from.

5 weeks into the season and I have won Pick 'em twice and have won over 100 dollars. So already I have won more money than i'll lose all season.

And in fantasy football news I am 4-1.

Mirra said:
I have to admit... the orange is hurting my eyes a bit. It's a shame so many teams I don't hate happen to use it. >_> Fucking Clemson Tigers can suck it though.

Watch it Mirra! That's my school you're talking about.

injuries are going to kill the packers. didn't get pressure on henne all day and the play calling on offense is boggling my mind especially in that over time possession. oh well tis why i picked miami to win.

more upset about why the ravens couldnt hold on to win.

the pink cleats and armbands ARE super gay.

RufffRider said:
the pink cleats and armbands ARE super gay.

I fucking love them.

This is good news. There were too many scary hits yesterday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5701512
The NFL will announce by Wednesday that, effective this weekend, even first-time offenders face suspension for "devastating hits" and "head shots," according to Ray Anderson, the league's executive vice president of football operations.

"We can't and won't tolerate what we saw Sunday," Anderson said Monday. "We've got to get the message to players that these devastating hits and head shots will be met with a very necessary higher standard of accountability. We have to dispel the notion that you get one free pass in these egregious or flagrant shots."

Anderson was alluding to the normal disciplinary measures in which the league has issued fines for first-time offenders and, very often, second-time offenders.

"What we saw Sunday was disturbing," Anderson said. "We're talking about avoiding life-altering impacts."

Have you heard about the new "Devastating" hit rule?
I blame the pink cleats.
j/k
but it is getting ridiculous.
my understanding of the rule:
A Defensive player that delivers a "Devastating" hit to a defenseless/unprotected player will be suspended for a game,
confused?
ya "Devastating hit" is UNDEFINED by the league, imagine the hits that make you cringe, the hits that you just
thought were part of the game.
Helmet to Helmet hit are included in this category and that part i do understand,
basically it comes down to this- there are not enough good Quarterbacks and with everyone passing so much, what is happening is the wide receivers are being left out defenseless and being destroyed, so instead of penalizing bad quarterbacks they are penalizing the defense. Brett Farve (love him or hate him) is a great QB that often throws the ball to a receiver and causes this situation. so the are going to change the entire game to fix that.
This Solution is completely Retarded.

sorry if this post rambles or is incoherent i am so pissed i can't see straight.

Well, how many helmet-to-helmet hits did we see on Sunday that led to injuries? I can think of at least 4. And those are the hits I don't want to see. Look at the player from Rutgers who suffered a neck injury and is paralyzed because of it.

What happened to just wrapping the guy up or hitting him in the torso? They don't need to be going at a guy's head to make a tackle.

I agree but disagree with the rule. I don't think players should lead with their helmets launching themselves like missiles that is wreckless and could seriously injure either the other player or themselves.

BUT Football is a physical sport, wide receivers and quarterbacks get protected so much as it is. Defensive backs are basically thrown out there to defend the pass but if they play too close its pass interference, illegal contact, holding, so they have 2 choices play too close and get the penalties or play off give up the big play and lose their jobs. Now we want defensive players to back off even more and not go for a hard hit that could prevent a pass from being complete, could cause a fumble, or lead to receivers alligator arming it later on in the game and dropping passes.

Look at the roughing the passer nonsense, a few years ago a Giants player had I believe vince young wrapped up but instead of finishing the play in fear that he'd be called roughing the passer he just held on to him and let him go but there was no whistle vince young breaks away throws a pass for a huge gain and leads to game winning touchdown.

Defense you're told its your job to do whatever it takes to keep the offense out of the end zone but now theyre told to back off and be passive and that confuses me.

i think it is the TV people want more scoring

Sweep and Ruff, you're both right. Every sport wants more scoring. In football, basketball and hockey, they've adjusted the rules to allow for more offense. In baseball, they allowed steroids.

But I was just listening to an interview with a former NFL player and he said that the players will adapt and adjust accordingly. It might make things a bit weird for the next couple of weeks, but they will adapt.

Mikeythegeek said:
In baseball, they allowed steroids.
:naughty: They may have looked the other way for a while, but no longer.

As far as the devastating hits go...helmet to helmet has become increasingly commonplace. I don't ever recall the h to h hits being as prevalent as they are now. Maybe it's the thousand dollar helmets they now wear, but it's dangerous nonetheless.

Hard hits are awesome to watch, but helmet to helmet is just plain stoopid dangerous.

Here's a link to some interviews with the top 10 hardest hitters in NFL history.

http://listverse.com/2010/01/31/top-10- ... l-history/

I also agree with the helmet hits, but the rule is going the way that NASCAR did about 8 years ago. Put everyone in a line, play nice and we can control who does what. That has been the downfall of NASCAR, cause now, they line up, no one has that "golden setup" and who ever qualifies up front and avoids a crash or car failure wins.So for the last few years there are 3 main guys winning and taking Championships. The NFL is heading in that direction. Lets line up defenders have good QB throw and runners run. No running games any more, someone might skin their knee in a play. But be damned if a guy goes out there and holds a guy instead of taking him down. I understand viewers want more scores, but whats the use if it gets like basketball? You take a turn, then we can have a turn. Everyone scores 100 points and we can all go home with a ribbon and a trophy just like peewee games...w/e I wanna see the good plays and good hits. Maybe give the guys better health care instead of a cortisone shot, get back to work ideal and they won't fall apart from a decent legal hit. I absolutely don't condone over the top force (wrestling moves and chops) but taking the "physical" out of football is where they are headed. In 10 years its gonna be the NFFL:National Flag Football League...IMHO :think:

I can understand wanting to limit and control and prevent the cheap hits. Just like in Hockey, its a physical sport a lot of hard hits but when those cheap hits happen those guys get taken care of either on the ice by other players or through the league.

Its the becoming a much more passive soft whats the point of even having a defense out there league im afraid of.

Well, let's look at it this way-

I saw those hits again earlier tonight. The one thing each of the helmet-to-helmet hits had in common was that the defender was looking down for each of those hits. So if I'm a coach or GM this week, I'm telling my guys to keep their heads up and not lead with the helmet. If the guys can do that, that will take care of 80% of the issue right there. You'll still have dumbasses like James Harrison* out there, but most of the players will be able to figure it out.

*- Dolphins, please do me a favor... take Harrison out at the knees. That guy is a dumbass for more than just football reasons.

But the dude from Atlanta got fined 50K which is more money than he makes in a game for hitting DeSean Jackson in the sternum with his shoulder. It was just so impactful because they were running at fullspeed and Kolb was careless and put Jackson in that situation to get lit up. What could the player from Atlanta have done any differently?

SweepTheLeg said:
But the dude from Atlanta got fined 50K which is more money than he makes in a game for hitting DeSean Jackson in the sternum with his shoulder. It was just so impactful because they were running at fullspeed and Kolb was careless and put Jackson in that situation to get lit up. What could the player from Atlanta have done any differently?

I agree, that one was unavoidable.

I know it's wednesday but yay!!! My niners finally got their first win of season and of all the teams to do against is the fucking raiders, fuck that organization and fuck the majority of their fans.

Also the hits are getting nasty but the NFL have no one but themselves to blame for trying to open the league's offense up too much, and hell lets face it the NFL only protects QBs like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning from getting roughed up.

Also here is a nice message from Mark Schlereth to NFL about their bullshit fines

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5706315

Mikeythegeek said:
Sweep and Ruff, you're both right. Every sport wants more scoring. In football, basketball and hockey, they've adjusted the rules to allow for more offense. In baseball, they allowed steroids.

But I was just listening to an interview with a former NFL player and he said that the players will adapt and adjust accordingly. It might make things a bit weird for the next couple of weeks, but they will adapt.
i don't want them to adapt, i want to see the big hits, you can't stop the big hits. they run full speed at each other what do you think will happen? they have pads FFS, improve the pads. they don't have a problem on kick off and punts because special teams players are expendable? NFL was selling the picture of the Penalty big hit for 10 bucks apiece. It is all Bullshit, thats NOT football, thank god this is not the NCAA saying this or i would really be pissed. you can't have rules that are not defined WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.