AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Hateful Eight

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2013
Midwest USA
Twitter Username
@pg2400
MFC Username
pg240
A great movie in all its gory glory! And despite all the blood and guts, it's damn funny, too. After seeing it in the theater this afternoon, I treated myself to a viewing of Reservoir Dogs tonight.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
A great movie in all its gory glory! And despite all the blood and guts, it's damn funny, too. After seeing it in the theater this afternoon, I treated myself to a viewing of Reservoir Dogs tonight.

Saw it too. By the halfway point I was already thinking Samuel L. Jackson should get an academy award for that.

Reactions: pg240
Reviews are mixed, and some of the top critics didn't like it much. But I sure did. Runs long but didn't really seem like it. Perhaps he could have tightened up the editing a bit. As Jerry said, Samuel L. Jackson is terrific, as was much of the cast.

Based upon Tarantino's last few entries, I haven't been too hyped for this because I suspect it's going to be two stylishly-shot hours of witty banter, punctuated with a twenty-minute bloodbath at the end. Has this pattern carried over to The Hateful 8, or is there more to this one?

That formula is there for sure, but the performances are so strong I think it's worth seeing. There's some really delicious humor, too. And good music. However, I suspect you may get exactly what you expect because you've certainly described the shell of it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: zippypinhead
Based upon Tarantino's last few entries, I haven't been too hyped for this because I suspect it's going to be two stylishly-shot hours of witty banter, punctuated with a twenty-minute bloodbath at the end. Has this pattern carried over to The Hateful 8, or is there more to this one?

My partner dislikes Quentin Tarantino films for the above stated reason. I happen to enjoy the banter, and find Mission Impossible style, straight action movies to be boring. Needless to say, I'm more excited to see Hateful Eight than he is... :p

My partner dislikes Quentin Tarantino films for the above stated reason. I happen to enjoy the banter, and find Mission Impossible style, straight action movies to be boring. Needless to say, I'm more excited to see Hateful Eight than he is... :p

Overall, I like Tarantino. I just think he's gotten a bit overly self-indulgent and reliant on a certain narrative structure over the last decade. I've come away from his last few movies feeling like the more interesting stories are the parts he skips. Still, his movies always have a fun payoff in the end. His work is just something I'll wait to watch at home.

Overall, I like Tarantino. I just think he's gotten a bit overly self-indulgent and reliant on a certain narrative structure over the last decade. I've come away from his last few movies feeling like the more interesting stories are the parts he skips. Still, his movies always have a fun payoff in the end. His work is just something I'll wait to watch at home.

Technically you can watch this at home. Much to his annoyance a screener was leaked weeks before its release.

I've come to the conclusion that I prefer to listen to his movies than to watch them.

I find the dialogue amusing, the music enjoyable, the violence to be a bit too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.