AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The "horrors" of those dating websites.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy has a high profile in certain circles. That attracts attention, and not all of it positive. The date didn't go well. Boo-hoo?

She writes for a tech blog and yet... was turned off by a guy saying "I make hundreds of thousands of dollars dicking around with a card game"

I'm sorry, did you say HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS? Yeah, he's made over $300,000 from playing Magic the Gathering and yet somehow this girl is put off by him being good at something. If I went out with a girl and she was like "yeah, I play magic the gathering... I'm a fucking world champion" I would be like "FUCK YES! lets go fuck with people at friday night magic"

I'm well familiar with Magic: The Gathering and Jon Finkel really is one of the greatest players ever. He's travelled the world and made hundreds of thousands of dollars playing a card game. Unlike poker, blackjack or other traditional card games, Magic doesn't involve gambling. He was almost unanimously voted in as part of the first class of the Pro Tour (Magic's top tournament series) Hall of Fame in 2005. He also won the prestigious Magic Invitational which carries the honour of creating your own card complete with your likeness in the art. IMO he also sorta looks like Justin Timberlake. It sucks ass that he was screwed over like this because in the Magic community he's a big celebrity.

You know, I've been thinking about getting back into the dating scene, should I be turned off by this bad story? To be honest, I kinda live up to my screen name, if there's anything nerdy/geeky, I've probably done it once.

nerdguy said:
You know, I've been thinking about getting back into the dating scene, should I be turned off by this bad story? To be honest, I kinda live up to my screen name, if there's anything nerdy/geeky, I've probably done it once.

Well then, let me save you some trouble ;)

The only thing that could justify her behavior is if during the date, his playing Magic was all he talked about. I've known guys who all they could talk about was their car, their predilection for vast quantities of alcohol last weekend, and other annoying subjects. But this sounds like he merely mentioned it.

Nordling said:
The only thing that could justify her behavior is if during the date, his playing Magic was all he talked about. I've known guys who all they could talk about was their car, their predilection for vast quantities of alcohol last weekend, and other annoying subjects. But this sounds like he merely mentioned it.

Especially since it was the second date, it really seems like he just mentioned it.

I saw this yesterday & thought this chick was such a fucking cunt AND that this Finkel fella was pretty fucking cute. She sounds like she hasn't grown out of the mind set that popular girls can't date anyone with a confessed nerdy hobby/job/whatever.

1- As someone who's currently doing the online dating site thing, this does give me some pause.

1a- As someone who knows women who've met some scummy guys via online dating, nice to know that there's some douchebag females on those sites.

2- As someone who tries to blog, I swear on my computer that I will never blog about a date!

3- The woman who wrote that article shouldn't be allowed to write on a tech blog if she's going to rip geeks like that. What a joke.

So 2 people go out for a few times. The girl wasn't too impressed with the guy. Happens all the time...from both sides. That she chose to make it this public certainly reflects on her values, but I'd be more upset with the editors to allow an out and out character assassination. The seems to be an OK guy who wouldn't pursue a slander/libel action...good on him.

The guy seems to be (at least) reasonably successful (Hedge Fund managing partner), has a hobby where he's super successful (and makes a ton of money there), and has decent looks (described as "cute" right here on this forum). That ought to tell you everything you need to know about this story.

This girl is not attracted to guys: who dress well/looks good; has money/potential to make money.

Maybe his hobby turned her off, that's her right...it was a bigger turn-off for me that he took her to a 1-man show on Jeffrey Dahmer's lifer for a 2nd date. This almost seems to be a set-up. A tech-blogger makes a dating profile when "drunk"; doesn't "Google" her date until later; makes all kind of claims that the guy "lied"; and claims that through his dating profile he "infiltrated" her workplace to date another girl who worked there.

Whatever, biatch!

She totally went looking for a story, and I have no doubt was prepared to write one even if she had to make it up herself.

nerdguy said:

Dunno if this makes me pathetic or not but eh, I dont care :lol:

I met my husband on a online dating website and he is a major nerd ( I have a nerd fetish ;) ) People are so quick to dismiss online dating as if its not a real option or its pathetic. Honestly though, at least on a website you can screen people that you have common interests with and make choices before meeting.

I would say this is way better than meeting douchetools in a bar. You should go for it :thumbleft:

He took her to see a one-man play about Jeffrey Dahmer on the first date. Thats creepy in its own way. I also know some people he went to high school with. I heard he was kind of a jerk, but he did get fucked with a lot.

After that first date and then googling him after, she knew what she was getting into. The second date was for more material so she could complete her article. I think she figured she could get her name out there by writing it. Well, she did...but it pretty much backfired. I haven't seen many coming to her aid. I hope she has a hard time getting any more work. Maybe after this, I'll run into her while she is behind the counter at McDonalds.

nerdguy said:

no way, nerds are hot...haven't you seen "revenge of the nerds"? :-D
Remember the nerd with the hee haw laugh all dressed up as darth vader that 'tricks' the hot cheerleader he is her bf humpin on her in the house of mirrors? It happens my friend...
(ok don't do it like THAT but you are a PERVY nerd which is definately charismatic to lots of ladies...)

and yes, my biggest problem is that I believe almost everything I tell myself.
cheers! :thumbleft:

Status
Not open for further replies.