AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The (negative?) impact of regular big spenders in rooms

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand it's frustrating having to wait around, but sometimes it makes sense to do the long privates early. Sometimes a long private can't be helped. You're haivng fun, conversation happens, maybe takes too long to finish.

When I'm not camming myself, there's only one model I do privates with. We do our privates straight away, before the room gets busy. It makes sense because, if she's on for a while and the room has a lot of tippers, especially whales, going private can be a loss.

Me, I'm not too picky about when I go private because my room is generally slow and I'd typically make more in a private. 🤷‍♂️
But that's the problem, she was logging off straight away after the pvt.

I’m never leaving a model’s room just because there’s a whale there. However, I do sometimes leave a room if there’s a member behaving like a jerk. And those types can be greys, or modest tippers, or whales.

Sometimes I might save my own tips for a moment when the whale is on a short break, so I’m not tossing my tokens into an endless abyss of yeehaws. But I never stop tipping - or visiting - just because of a whale. I might adjust my approach or my timing, but I won’t completely stop.

That being said, I’ve seen a few whales pretty blatantly use their tips/private requests as a way to squash other tippers’ momentum or one-up them. I’d rather tip on my own terms than have another member constantly trying to mindfuck me out of having a good time.

When it’s clear that any member - whale or not - is antagonizing other members, then I leave the room and find a better time somewhere more calm. But again, I’m not leaving because he’s a whale. I’m leaving because he’s a douchebag. Clear distinction between the two.

I've been on both sides of this I guess too.

At one point I was the whale in the room and was tipping large amounts and often. I later found out that a number of the regulars at the time felt intimidated by me and how i was "taking over the room". And then whenever the model made changes to her tipmenu (like incorporating some teams for joining) that she was "changing her menu only for the guy who tips the most and takes over the room all the time". The drama it created (the model shielded most of this from me until it overflowed some months later) ended up having a number of the existing regulars leave.
One of these regulars turned into a troll and has in the past caused a lot of issues in the room as well in the past and he started creating rude gifs insulting the other regulars still in the room. You can keep kicking/banning people but it doesnt stop them uploading rude gifs and creating new accounts either. Some of the other regulars left around this time too.

I don't really consider myself to be a whale anymore (whatever defines this though is questionable). But I am still in the same models room after 4 years. I'm a still a regular tipper and I am generous enough with what i can afford but I have seen other people come and go who have been super large tippers.
One person did join the room in the last 18 months and he started tipping easily 50k+ tokens every show.
Myself and the other regulars felt frustrated and annoyed during this time. Why? Mainly becuase of the same reasons when I was the whale in times past. When one person overloads the room, it often can result in any of the other's tips being missed or overlooked. The number of times that I tipped for something or just tipped for wanting to show my appreciation and then the new whale overloads the room to the point where what i did was completely ignored/unseen changed many of us to stop tipping.

You might tip to "roll the dice" once and then whale would tip to "roll the dice" twenty times in succession. To some extent its a bit soul destroying to be trying to contribute to the room and then your efforts being swallowed up to the point where the model even asked "why aren't you tipping anymore" and then have her apologise when you let her know that you had actually been tipping and she had repeatedly missed it. And this happened multiple times for all of us. So for the rest of the room, it was often just easier to sit back and let the whale do his thing. I actually took a different approach and started to only tip her offline instead, which for me allowed me to express my appreciation for her show still but not feel like I was being smothered by the other person.

Fast forward to now, the whale isn't a whale anymore and in fact tips far less than I and some of the other regulars do now. He still tips sometimes in the public shows but no where like he used to, which seems to be common - the whales that stick around tip big for a while and then settle down.

What i've seen is that whales seem to come and go. Sometimes they will stick around after "blowing" their savings, but often they move onto the next big thing. I've seen multiple whales come and go in my "regular" models' room over the years and the sequence of events always repeats. A big whale comes in, the regulars slow down, the whale slows down, the regulars continue to support the model. YMMV ofc, but thats what I've witnessed in this room at least.

Actually, there is another was a whale can really change a room.

One of the models I regularly visited when I first started on cam sites had a small group of regulars, including me. Her shows were mostly stripping, dancing, light masturbation, etc. She is really active in the chat and on PM so engages with everyone a lot. Then she gets a big tipper who has different ideas, he’s into “trout shows” (my term for when a guy tips and tips and tips to get the lush going until the model is flopping around on the bed in an exaggerated fashion like a fish just pulled out of the water).

So this guy starts coming into the room and just sending wave after wave after wave of lush vibrations, sometimes for an hour or more. And then this attracts other users who like the same thing so you get “mini mes” tipping in the same way (but usually smaller amounts). Result is a show that is 95% the model gyrating on the bed like she is having a seizure, which is just NOT what any of the old regulars started going there for. And of course, if that’s what is going on it is really hard for the model to also engage in the same way she used to.

You can’t blame the model at all, she is getting tipped ungodly amounts to do something fully within her boundaries. But from a user perspective it also meant the room was no longer that fun to visit. I started capping the time I’d spend there until eventually I just found other models who were doing stuff I was interested in. I think that whale mostly moved on and the model had to fill the gap (which was pretty big, he was probably her biggest tipper by triple)

I hope I don't make people feel uncomfortable when I do this. I'm a regular in one room and it's no secret I'm the models biggest tipper by a wide margin. I try to engage with everyone. Me and her other regulars get along well. I do try to not let freeloaders ride my coattails though. It is frustrating when no one else seems to want to participate in goals. So I don't just clear the goals all at once. I tip a little here and there. Or I tip in pvt if I want something. And when another so call whale wants attention I just let them do their thing.

That being said she is always appreciative of every tip. While she probably gives me a little more attention than others she isn't ignoring everyone else. Also if she sees I'm really the only one tipping for a goal she will usually turn it off and just send me a video later.
you know what they say , the squeaky wheel gets the grease :angelic:

• Funny!
Reactions: ScaredMan
Whales and big spenders definitely stop some from tipping for various reasons, there's just no way around that. However, that doesn't stop me. As long I'm in the room, I'm there to enjoy the show and tip the model. I never freeload. Sometimes I myself end up being the "big spender", and am the only one tipping. I worry a bit about being "that guy" but at the end of the day I'm there to spend some money and I can't worry about what others will or won't do.

You shouldn't let your ego get hurt because someone can tip more than you. As a model, I appreciate everyone in my room, because if you tip, that means you like something that you see, or that you want to see something more. As said earlier, whales come and go, but people that are with you for months or even years are very rare. If you like a model, support it the way you can, without comparing yourself to what the biggest tipper does. In the end, you want her to make money, right? Or do you just want to have her attention with your tips and someone is stealing your shine?

It is certainly an ego thing with many guys, especially guys who are infatuated with a model. They take their room time and interactions with a model personally. Sure, they may wish her well but they really want to attract her attention. *shrugs* it's just how it is.

Reactions: DogSauce
It is certainly an ego thing with many guys, especially guys who are infatuated with a model. They take their room time and interactions with a model personally. Sure, they may wish her well but they really want to attract her attention. *shrugs* it's just how it is.
Sadly it is not just about attracting the model's attention, for some guys it's about power play over everyone, hoping to come out as the alpha male.
You can see this in so many historical events, and aspects of everyday life, like office dynamics, sport, politics. The behaviour is what I call "dick-jousting" and often resembles what you might see in a David Attenborough documentary on groups of lions, gorillas etc.
Part of the reason why I personally dislike 'King of The Room' titles, and being urged to 'take the crown'.
(Although of course anything that encourages spending tokens in a model's room is ultimately a good thing).

Sadly it is not just about attracting the model's attention, for some guys it's about power play over everyone, hoping to come out as the alpha male.
You can see this in so many historical events, and aspects of everyday life, like office dynamics, sport, politics. The behaviour is what I call "dick-jousting" and often resembles what you might see in a David Attenborough documentary on groups of lions, gorillas etc.
Part of the reason why I personally dislike 'King of The Room' titles, and being urged to 'take the crown'.
(Although of course anything that encourages spending tokens in a model's room is ultimately a good thing).

Yes, I was talking about (some) men valuing face time with a model vs. her valuing her time and attention. It is what is.

Re the big swinging dick thing being lucrative for models, I must confess to a smirk at the thought. But I expect that it's more beneficial to the platform, which has tons of models who are ultimately expendable, as opposed to an individual model taking a longer view of her best interests and the cost of disruption and turbulence.

Tip wars for "prizes" between low to moderate tippers can be fun but if there's a large tipper or a whale involved, it usually ends up with "Bob wins again, why do I even bother"

Wow.

Been away for a while. Happy to come back to a lot of insightful comments.
I am definetly in camp "I am happy for the model as long as she/he makes money".
But I think some of you bring up a good point in how an overactive whale really can switch the focus of a room.
For those who love to talk seeing constant cum shows might make the room less interesting.
It's kinda like when you were a kid and a friend found a new hobby that they lost themselves in while you still stuck to what the both of you used to do.

Curious also if this kind of development, going from a more social/diverse rooom to a more sexual/physical room, can create concerns about the integrity of the room for models.
Would you risk the tips from a whale by backing down on the more intense activties to preserv the vibe of the room or is making money the main thing?
Of course one could argue that it's a short term vs long term choice where potentially alienating your core viewers could leave you alone if the whale dissapears.
Or it's just a way to weed out the picky/selfish people and replace them with a new audience.

I'm also in the camp of "happy for the model" but I must admit there's a part of me that's conflicted based on recent experience. There's a new guy visiting my friends room recently who throws a lot of cash around. He's operating at the "send me home for the day" level of tipping so it's big sums. Obviously I totally understand why he's being prioritised in terms of conversation but I worry that my interest will start to wane if he's a permanent fixture. I tip regularly and (I think) I tip well enough but not at that level. I've had to ask myself whether it's jealousy, but I'm not sure it is. I know there are lots of other guys who come and chat and that has never bothered me but this one totally dominates the room. It's not a lot of fun to not be able to get a word in edgeways. Any tips? Do I just wait this one out or gracefully step back?

I'm also in the camp of "happy for the model" but I must admit there's a part of me that's conflicted based on recent experience. There's a new guy visiting my friends room recently who throws a lot of cash around. He's operating at the "send me home for the day" level of tipping so it's big sums. Obviously I totally understand why he's being prioritised in terms of conversation but I worry that my interest will start to wane if he's a permanent fixture. I tip regularly and (I think) I tip well enough but not at that level. I've had to ask myself whether it's jealousy, but I'm not sure it is. I know there are lots of other guys who come and chat and that has never bothered me but this one totally dominates the room. It's not a lot of fun to not be able to get a word in edgeways. Any tips? Do I just wait this one out or gracefully step back?
I have seen a lot of big tippers come and go fast from models' rooms. Some lose interest, some run out of money and some just like to "dominate" a new model's room every week or couple of weeks, it is part of the kick for them.

Give it another week or two before you make any decisions would be my advice

Reactions: Smoothie
I have seen a lot of big tippers come and go fast from models' rooms. Some lose interest, some run out of money and some just like to "dominate" a new model's room every week or couple of weeks, it is part of the kick for them.

Give it another week or two before you make any decisions would be my advice
Don't get me wrong, I love that she is getting the cash. I think that's amazing. I think it would be less stark on a platform like Chaturbate where there are a lot of viewers in the room but usually it's just me and him so it is very noticeable when you are the one deprioritised. Ultimately I understand how the business works and why she would focus on him. My initial thought was just to go away and come back when he's gone but he can be there for 2-3 hours at a time, right across the time that I have available to visit. He's pleasant enough but ultimately I don't go to her room to chat to him.

Don't get me wrong, I love that she is getting the cash. I think that's amazing. I think it would be less stark on a platform like Chaturbate where there are a lot of viewers in the room but usually it's just me and him so it is very noticeable when you are the one deprioritised. Ultimately I understand how the business works and why she would focus on him. My initial thought was just to go away and come back when he's gone but he can be there for 2-3 hours at a time, right across the time that I have available to visit. He's pleasant enough but ultimately I don't go to her room to chat to him.
definitely, you were clear you were happy for the model and of course, she is doing her job and is getting rewarded for it, that is a positive and anyone else in her shoes would do the same thing

But you aren't talking about the model's experience you are talking about your user experience, so it is fair to notice that your experience has changed and re-evaluate how you spend time in her room.

I have had this come up a couple of times with models I follow. In one case, the one I talked about earlier in this thread, the room permanently changed and I just stopped going because I didn't enjoy it anymore. I still trade PMs with the model once in a while but we both just moved on.

In another, a user came in and started spending like crazy and changed the room. The kicker was this guy was also kind of an asshole so that made it worse. In that case, the guy really dominated the room and the public chat and the regulars started to leave. I had several conversations with the model when she noticed I was spending a lot less time there and was honest with her (but again, didn't blame her at all for trying to increase her room profitability). After a few weeks she decided this user's tokens weren't worth losing all her regulars. She is a model who is really focused on being a successful model, so I doubt she made that decision lightly. I am sure she analyzed her earnings to help her come to a decision. So the room basically went back to "normal" after. The good news is she has added several big spenders since that are more interested in being part of a room community and respecting the other users in the room, so she is doing better now than when she had the "whale"

definitely, you were clear you were happy for the model and of course, she is doing her job and is getting rewarded for it, that is a positive and anyone else in her shoes would do the same thing

But you aren't talking about the model's experience you are talking about your user experience, so it is fair to notice that your experience has changed and re-evaluate how you spend time in her room.

I have had this come up a couple of times with models I follow. In one case, the one I talked about earlier in this thread, the room permanently changed and I just stopped going because I didn't enjoy it anymore. I still trade PMs with the model once in a while but we both just moved on.

In another, a user came in and started spending like crazy and changed the room. The kicker was this guy was also kind of an asshole so that made it worse. In that case, the guy really dominated the room and the public chat and the regulars started to leave. I had several conversations with the model when she noticed I was spending a lot less time there and was honest with her (but again, didn't blame her at all for trying to increase her room profitability). After a few weeks she decided this user's tokens weren't worth losing all her regulars. She is a model who is really focused on being a successful model, so I doubt she made that decision lightly. I am sure she analyzed her earnings to help her come to a decision. So the room basically went back to "normal" after. The good news is she has added several big spenders since that are more interested in being part of a room community and respecting the other users in the room, so she is doing better now than when she had the "whale"
I'd argue that a whale has a much more significant impact in private show based sites than in token sites given that there are generally fewer members in the room at any one time. Private based sites tend to result in a fairly personal connection with the model, especially at times like now when all these sites seem to be a bit quieter.

Reactions: Hiunds
I'll chime in as a model who has taken a private while active tipping was happening in public.

It was 100% opportunistic on my side. The guy had the most tokens in the room at the time, had a very basic request that wouldn't take long to fulfill.

This was after three hours of trying to get the room to turn over the goal and tipping had started only moments earlier.

Those guys who did tip helped me land that private show.

That private show, that show alone, paid my car insurance, my cell phone, and my electric bill. Three bills knocked out in 10 to 15 minutes of work was a dream moment I had been waiting a very long time for and hope it happens again.

There were only 15 people in the room, none of them had the tokens to actually turn the goal.

I'm not trying to be salty here, but if anyone in my room is salty about that particular show, well they can pony up the tokens to do the same in public chat without chatting for three hours before the thought occurred to them, "oh she has a goal."

Maybe they were going to buy more tokens, maybe they weren't. The only thing I was focused on were bills and not wanting them to be late.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't post on mobile, any more. That's twice I've posted in the wrong thread but reading back it still seems to apply.

Reactions: rockin_rod
I'll chime in as a model who has taken a private while active tipping was happening in public.

It was 100% opportunistic on my side. The guy had the most tokens in the room at the time, had a very basic request that wouldn't take long to fulfill.

This was after three hours of trying to get the room to turn over the goal and tipping had started only moments earlier.

That private show, that show alone, paid my car insurance, my cell phone, and my electric bill. Three bills knocked out in 10 to 15 minutes of work was a dream moment I had been waiting a very long time for and hope it happens again.

There were only 15 people in the room, none of them had the tokens to actually turn the goal.

I'm not trying to be salty here, but if anyone in my room is salty about that particular show, well they can pony up the tokens to do the same in public chat without chatting for three hours before the thought occurred to them, "oh she has a goal."

Maybe they were going to buy more tokens, maybe they weren't. The only thing I was focused on were bills and not wanting them to be late.

That’s exactly why I’ll always stop short of thinking a model “shouldn’t have gone private,” because that’s never an informed viewpoint from a member’s side. In your case, nobody but you would have known how much better off you were for taking the private show.

Having said that: Just like a model will do what is best for their earnings, I do what’s best for my entertainment. And it shouldn’t be taken personal by either side, IMO.

If a new room regular is spoiling my experience (tipper or not), I leave and find a better experience. Not a big deal (although it does suck if you’d previously really enjoyed your time there).

But yes, sometimes it’s pretty clear by the timing of their actions that a private show requester or whale tipper is probably blocking/overshadowing other room activity on purpose. The thing about those types of tippers - in my observation, anyway - their need for attention is a double-edged sword.

It only takes one perceived slight to make them rage-quit the room forever. And fellow members, while I don’t condone spiteful behavior, if you save up your tokens and out-tip a sensitive whale just one time, it can lead to a pretty spectacular meltdown. (Ya know… If you’re into that sort of thing. I’d never condone it.)

That’s exactly why I’ll always stop short of thinking a model “shouldn’t have gone private,” because that’s never an informed viewpoint from a member’s side. In your case, nobody but you would have known how much better off you were for taking the private show.

Having said that: Just like a model will do what is best for their earnings, I do what’s best for my entertainment. And it shouldn’t be taken personal by either side, IMO.

If a new room regular is spoiling my experience (tipper or not), I leave and find a better experience. Not a big deal (although it does suck if you’d previously really enjoyed your time there).

But yes, sometimes it’s pretty clear by the timing of their actions that a private show requester or whale tipper is probably blocking/overshadowing other room activity on purpose. The thing about those types of tippers - in my observation, anyway - their need for attention is a double-edged sword.

It only takes one perceived slight to make them rage-quit the room forever. And fellow members, while I don’t condone spiteful behavior, if you save up your tokens and out-tip a sensitive whale just one time, it can lead to a pretty spectacular meltdown. (Ya know… If you’re into that sort of thing. I’d never condone it.)
The fun thing about a rage quitter is it usually gets the room to rally for the model. It's almost never a lose-lose situation for her.

Reactions: Smoothie

I know this in response to my post on the other thread. I would just say that thread is about "annoying" things, I am sure there are plenty of things that might annoy users but the response could be "so what." Heck, on that thread some folks picked out eating and having pets in the background as "most annoying," they probably need to just get over it.

I think there were some pretty key differences between the situation you described vs the one I did - mainly around user tipping behavior of those in the public chat/show goal leading up to the private - but in the end things can be done for a good reason and still annoy users.

Do you think the users were unreasonable for being annoyed by the private coming when it did? They had tipped the model to her show goal and then continued to tip steadily during the special show - while the person who took the private had not contributed a single token to that point. It seems like they did all the model would have wanted. Even if the model had amazing reasons to take the private (like circumstance-changing money - which btw I now know she absolutely did not get from that private in my scenario), were the users wrong to be annoyed? I wasn't as bothered as some were on the stream, but I at least see where they were coming from

BTW - I am not refuting anything from your scenario - I get it, I really do. Sounds like a great thing to have happen for you

I know this in response to my post on the other thread. I would just say that thread is about "annoying" things, I am sure there are plenty of things that might annoy users but the response could be "so what." Heck, on that thread some folks picked out eating and having pets in the background as "most annoying," they probably need to just get over it.

I think there were some pretty key differences between the situation you described vs the one I did - mainly around user tipping behavior of those in the public chat/show goal leading up to the private - but in the end things can be done for a good reason and still annoy users.

Do you think the users were unreasonable for being annoyed by the private coming when it did? They had tipped the model to her show goal and then continued to tip steadily during the special show - while the person who took the private had not contributed a single token to that point. It seems like they did all the model would have wanted. Even if the model had amazing reasons to take the private (like circumstance-changing money - which btw I now know she absolutely did not get from that private in my scenario), were the users wrong to be annoyed? I wasn't as bothered as some were on the stream, but I at least see where they were coming from

BTW - I am not refuting anything from your scenario - I get it, I really do. Sounds like a great thing to have happen for you
Thanks for responding as it was intended as a reply to your comment.

I see both sides of the situation in your example. They tipped to goal. She was doing the goal. Perhaps she meant to decline the private and accidentally accepted instead? Once there, she may have felt obligated to stay while she was agonizing to get back to public chat? I'm just guessing, and it if that wasn't the case then yeah, I'd be disappointed.

I've always secretly believed, and perhaps I'm wrong, that people who complain about models eating or having pets in the frame are annoyed that it reminds them they are in fact a real human being and not a virtual fuck doll. Could be wrong, but what else could it possibly be? (I guess I could read those comments, but I don't want to.)

I think we all go to great lengths to keep everyone happy until we simply can't anymore.

Also makes me think of a model on CB who does nothing but berate her tippers, yell at non-tippers, systematically goes through her user list and bans anyone who hasn't tipped her, uses media from a decade ago to promote her new content where she looks nothing like the old content and then goes to Twitter and demands "paypigs" submit to her Paypal account and GIVE HER MONEY NOW.

That? That's annoying. And weird. Yet, she consistently has more viewers than me. Her mods don't tip her, her fan club is non-existent, and her chat always turns into people telling her what a terrible attitude she has. Guys are confusing. LOL

I see both sides of the situation in your example. They tipped to goal. She was doing the goal. Perhaps she meant to decline the private and accidentally accepted instead? Once there, she may have felt obligated to stay while she was agonizing to get back to public chat? I'm just guessing, and it if that wasn't the case then yeah, I'd be disappointed.
Could be. I actually had a PM exchange with her after I posted and she was asking me about the situation. She definitely regretted the private because she didn't mean to tick off the users "left behind," I think she just didn't realize what the reaction would be. She also made a comment that made it clear the private was a dud too but I don't know why per se, but it does say to me she probably didn't get a huge tip out of it. She hasn't been a model that long (a few months) so probably still figuring things out. To her credit, it sounded like she was reaching out to each of the folks who were tipping in the show to smooth things over. She seems like a good egg

Could be. I actually had a PM exchange with her after I posted and she was asking me about the situation. She definitely regretted the private because she didn't mean to tick off the users "left behind," I think she just didn't realize what the reaction would be. She also made a comment that made it clear the private was a dud too but I don't know why per se, but it does say to me she probably didn't get a huge tip out of it. She hasn't been a model that long (a few months) so probably still figuring things out. To her credit, it sounded like she was reaching out to each of the folks who were tipping in the show to smooth things over. She seems like a good egg
Good deal. I try to smooth things over when I ruffle feathers, too. Sometimes the slightest comment can send a person reeling and then it's anybody's guess how it's going to turn out.

I was recently yelled at for taking a private from someone and not giving a private to another person. He literally typed "WHEN IS MY TURN." Made me feel like I was an amusement park ride and I did not like that at all.

So now I have a different type of big tippers who can ruin a room

Colombian model, probably been on SC for 2 months. This week she got a new regular who tips pretty big and makes a big deal about how he only tips to support and not for any of the actions/goals/ tip menu items the model has in place. So he will tip and meet a goal and then ask the model not to do the goal action. Fair enough when he is the one who met it. But he uses that opportunity to lecture the room about it like he is superior to the hairless apes in the room who tip for tip menu items that the model has chosen or towards goals that the model has chosen. Lately he has been tipping decent sized tokens with gibberish like “blah blah blah.” Never mind he could send a tip note telling the model she’s beautiful or something similar, or just not put a note at all and support.

Lately he has had a sidekick who also tips medium bucks. These two have discussions about the model in the public chat that IMO are actually pretty condescending about her - the last one the 2 were discussion how the model was going to use duolingo to learn English because “really it will be good for her” (as if she were not there)

The whole thing comes across as pretty pretentious. TBD if the existing regulars will have any reaction, but it is a new development

So now I have a different type of big tippers who can ruin a room

Colombian model, probably been on SC for 2 months. This week she got a new regular who tips pretty big and makes a big deal about how he only tips to support and not for any of the actions/goals/ tip menu items the model has in place. So he will tip and meet a goal and then ask the model not to do the goal action. Fair enough when he is the one who met it. But he uses that opportunity to lecture the room about it like he is superior to the hairless apes in the room who tip for tip menu items that the model has chosen or towards goals that the model has chosen. Lately he has been tipping decent sized tokens with gibberish like “blah blah blah.” Never mind he could send a tip note telling the model she’s beautiful or something similar, or just not put a note at all and support.

Lately he has had a sidekick who also tips medium bucks. These two have discussions about the model in the public chat that IMO are actually pretty condescending about her - the last one the 2 were discussion how the model was going to use duolingo to learn English because “really it will be good for her” (as if she were not there)

The whole thing comes across as pretty pretentious. TBD if the existing regulars will have any reaction, but it is a new development
Minus the language barrier issue, I had a guy who did this to me. He spent probably $40,000 in tokens on me and would say it was cool just sit there and enjoy it. I started to get really mad about it because it was stopping me from showing that I did the actions I was tipped for and for anyone new in the room it looked like I was flaking because he always said it in a tip note. I banned him when I noticed that people were coming in and immediately leaving when they saw he was in the room. They were like "fine let her have her time with him, he'll go away and I'll come back" but the compounded problem was people felt that because he tipped all of that I already made enough money for that day and they didn't need to open their wallet to keep the show going.

It's obviously up to her what to do about it but maybe point her to this forum so she can read these posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.