AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Real Stalking Thread.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Have you been stalked, to any degree? *Cam related* Check 1 option that best applies.

• Yes. I have had someone who should not know me show up at my home or work location.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Yes. I've been Cyber stalked. Personal information has been found by a persistent person, strictly r

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Yes. I've had addictive people stalk me through digital means (overly persistent texting, calls and

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Yes. I've been on cam in public and had someone recognize my location and show up.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Yes. But it has been by other means not mentioned.

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • No. I have never been stalked due to cam related work.

Votes: 38 51.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nordling said:
Agree, Isabella. :) What had me scratching my head recently is a model on Streamate I talk to...several times I've noticed guys coming in her room and asking location questions... "what city are you from" and kindred. Her answer? "I only give that information in Exclusive."

I don't understand. Does she think that only trustworthy souls will take her Exclusive?

I'm guessing that she knows about someone she doesn't want to know, and can't be sure that person isn't watching if it's anywhere but in exclusive. But she's fine with the other person knowing.

Either that or she'll get him exclusive and lead him on until she gets all his monies.

99% of the time, the person she tells this to is just going to leave. Because when a person asks about it in exclusive, he never asked me in public chat. He takes me private a few times, then exclusive a few to a bunch of times, gets real "close" to me, and then asks the question. Luckily, I tend to accidentally mislead people into thinking they matter more to me than they really do. Mostly because of my open and honest talk about my really shitty history. So they ask when they think they're close, but they really jumped the gun.

Nordling said:
Agree, Isabella. :) What had me scratching my head recently is a model on Streamate I talk to...several times I've noticed guys coming in her room and asking location questions... "what city are you from" and kindred. Her answer? "I only give that information in Exclusive."

I don't understand. Does she think that only trustworthy souls will take her Exclusive?
I have a funny story about this.

On cam, when people ask me where I live, I give a different answer every time. "I live in New Mexico!" "I live in Missouri!" "I live in the Netherlands!"

Well, one day, a fellow asks me where I live. I say, "California!"

A few minutes later, another fellow asks me where I live. I said, "I live in Ontario!"

Typically when this happens, members catch on very quickly that I am making it up. This time, however, I got this:

"I thought you said you lived in California?"
To which I replied, "California is a city inside Ontario! I'm Canadian!"

Later on, the same fellow sent me a message referencing the fact that I live in California, ON. I feel like he believed me. (While there is no California inside Ontario, there is a city called Ontario inside of California. Maybe he thought I was confused about what country I lived in :lol:)

My favorite is when models who are obviously American get really creative and say they're from obscure countries, like Seychelles or St. Vincent and the Grenadines. :lol:

And then I picture some clueless guy traveling there to try to track them down.

Reactions: LadyLuna
LadyLuna said:
Nordling said:

I'm guessing that she knows about someone she doesn't want to know, and can't be sure that person isn't watching if it's anywhere but in exclusive. But she's fine with the other person knowing.

Either that or she'll get him exclusive and lead him on until she gets all his monies.

99% of the time, the person she tells this to is just going to leave. Because when a person asks about it in exclusive, he never asked me in public chat. He takes me private a few times, then exclusive a few to a bunch of times, gets real "close" to me, and then asks the question. Luckily, I tend to accidentally mislead people into thinking they matter more to me than they really do. Mostly because of my open and honest talk about my really shitty history. So they ask when they think they're close, but they really jumped the gun.
All within the realm of possibility, except she does this a lot...even when the guy she's addressing is the only guy in the room other than myself. lol And Yeah, I suppose *I* could be the guy she doesn't want to know. :) I think it's more like a reactive answer...everything not said in public can only be said in exclusive...except when it's not. whew! Personally, I like it when models just say, "why do you need to know?" But the model in question rarely gives blunt answers...until they push her too far... :)

Evvie said:
Nordling said:

I have a funny story about this.

On cam, when people ask me where I live, I give a different answer every time. "I live in New Mexico!" "I live in Missouri!" "I live in the Netherlands!"

Well, one day, a fellow asks me where I live. I say, "California!"

A few minutes later, another fellow asks me where I live. I said, "I live in Ontario!"

Typically when this happens, members catch on very quickly that I am making it up. This time, however, I got this:

"I thought you said you lived in California?"
To which I replied, "California is a city inside Ontario! I'm Canadian!"

Later on, the same fellow sent me a message referencing the fact that I live in California, ON. I feel like he believed me. (While there is no California inside Ontario, there is a city called Ontario inside of California. Maybe he thought I was confused about what country I lived in :lol:)
Those are not the only places you have claimed to live Evvie, and you usually add something about coming over to hook-up, but i'm pretty sharp, - there are only so many times you are going to get me in the car, before i realized you are just playing hard to get. :eek: :shifty: :lol:

Reactions: Evvie and LadyLuna
PunkInDrublic said:
Throbbin_One said:
Heck, some of your members might want to know everything about you. (innocently, mind you)
Speak for yourself Stan. Some of us just want to chill and watch a woman be sexy.
Stan? Really dude? You want to turn my comment into something that makes me look like some f'ing stalker? Everytime time I come to this forum, some prick wants to call me out. WTF? Well, you go on chillin with your sexy Women, Pal, because you sound way too cool for me.

Later ... Much!

I thought "Stan" was just a random name he used.

I clearly missed something.

AmberCutie said:
I thought "Stan" was just a random name he used.

I clearly missed something.
That's how I figured it too. lol I had a girlfriend who, when she wanted to sound ironic, would call me "Jim," as in "not tonight jim." It was a Star Trek reference, but it became such a habit that it became an automatic response. "He's dead, Jim."

Throbbin_One said:
PunkInDrublic said:
Throbbin_One said:
Heck, some of your members might want to know everything about you. (innocently, mind you)
Speak for yourself Stan. Some of us just want to chill and watch a woman be sexy.
Stan? Really dude? You want to turn my comment into something that makes me look like some f'ing stalker? Everytime time I come to this forum, some prick wants to call me out. WTF? Well, you go on chillin with your sexy Women, Pal, because you sound way too cool for me.

Later ... Much!

Wow....... o.k!

Well the "Stan" comment didn't make me think you were a stalker at all... The wanting to know everything about a model comment... eh, maybe a tiny bit.... the last post.... erm... yeah.... maybe not a stalker, but fucking hell, bit of a temper much?

Piece of advice for everyone who ever comes to this forum. Other people on here may offend you, do not be alarmed, they are all just random strangers from the internet. Take it in good graces and respond calmly or don't respond at all. What's the need of getting het up over people you don't even know? And if you really do care about what these people think, then having a temper tantrum like a 14 year old girl with major PMS is not going to make everyone else's opinion of you rise suddenly. In fact... would be amazing if everyone took this to real life too! Don't take everything so personally! Sometimes you don't always hear things you like, step back and chill rather than rising to it!

Nordling said:
All within the realm of possibility, except she does this a lot...even when the guy she's addressing is the only guy in the room other than myself.

I just wanted to point out that even though you may only see you and one other person in the model's guest chat (this is what SM calls public chat...'guest chat'), there could actually be other people there viewing too. I'm referring to her free chat, which is different from guest chat. Remember when I took a screenshot of guest chat vs. free chat for you, and sent it to your e-mail? I think most SM models have the 'Allow free chat?' option off, since free chat users don't have their credit card registered, and it's sort of like MFC guests begging for shit when you know they won't tip.

This is another reason people need to be cautious of what they say in SM guest chat.

yummybrownfox said:
Nordling said:
All within the realm of possibility, except she does this a lot...even when the guy she's addressing is the only guy in the room other than myself.

I just wanted to point out that even though you may only see you and one other person in the model's guest chat (this is what SM calls public chat...'guest chat'), there could actually be other people there viewing too. I'm referring to her free chat, which is different from guest chat. Remember when I took a screenshot of guest chat vs. free chat for you, and sent it to your e-mail? I think most SM models have the 'Allow free chat?' option off, since free chat users don't have their credit card registered, and it's sort of like MFC guests begging for shit when you know they won't tip.

This is another reason people need to be cautious of what they say in SM guest chat.

on MFC you can also read what other people typed before you entered the chatroom

God said:
i saw a model asking a basic to buy pizza for her and her 6 sisters. in a PM she told me the basic knows her real address and that she wasn't joking.

In this situation the basic was probably a real life friend or boyfriend who signed up for a basic account for her sake rather than some crazy stalker.

Isabella_deL said:
God said:
i saw a model asking a basic to buy pizza for her and her 6 sisters. in a PM she told me the basic knows her real address and that she wasn't joking.

In this situation the basic was probably a real life friend or boyfriend who signed up for a basic account for her sake rather than some crazy stalker.

Or more likely the pizza delivery guy that answered the door when she was naked on cam. I'd sign up too.

yummybrownfox said:
Nordling said:

Very good point, and I admit I keep forgetting about the invisible guest chat in SM.

I can pretty much assure everyone, however, that this isn't the case with this model. She really doesn't tell anyone details about her location, other than being in the UK. I'm guessing she simply assumes guys who ask probably won't take her exclusive just to gain her location. Still, I don't understand why she doesn't just say it's none of their business. lol

Nordling said:
Still, I don't understand why she doesn't just say it's none of their business. lol

Because turning around to a member and denying them information like their area puts a lot of members out. In real life asking someone what town they live in isn't a big deal, it'd be one of the first questions you'd ask. Members who ask this on myfreecams are either stalkers/idiots or just haven't really come to terms with the fact that myfreecams does not equal the same as real life. There are different rules here.

Turning around and saying "no I am not telling you anything about where I live" kind of ruins the whole illusion. It's not easy to be sexy whilst reminding everyone "no you will never meet me nor know anything about me".

Turning around and saying "If you take me in exclusive" well... most of these guys are never planning on tipping you or spending anything on you ever, just mentioning something about them having to spend money usually sends them on their way but in a much more suggestive manner.

I absolutely cannot stand the "where do you live?" question. Trying to find a decent response without totally offending the asker and others in the room isn't easy. I would pick a fake location to live in, but the reason I don't tell people where I live is because I know as soon as they know one thing they'll want to know more, not only that but their mind can wonder. I hate the idea of someone trying to stalk me even in some random location I don't even live.

Isabella_deL said:
I absolutely cannot stand the "where do you live?" question. Trying to find a decent response without totally offending the asker and others in the room isn't easy. I would pick a fake location to live in, but the reason I don't tell people where I live is because I know as soon as they know one thing they'll want to know more, not only that but their mind can wonder. I hate the idea of someone trying to stalk me even in some random location I don't even live.

From a member's perspective about the best answer (non offending) is simply to say "I live in Arizona but I don't narrow it down further for security reasons." Pick whatever state/province/district/country you like of course.

You've answered the question. We feel like we've gotten to know you a bit better. And if the person keeps pushing for more then it makes them look rude, not the model for not answering.

Isabella_deL said:
Nordling said:
Still, I don't understand why she doesn't just say it's none of their business. lol

Because turning around to a member and denying them information like their area puts a lot of members out. In real life asking someone what town they live in isn't a big deal, it'd be one of the first questions you'd ask. Members who ask this on myfreecams are either stalkers/idiots or just haven't really come to terms with the fact that myfreecams does not equal the same as real life. There are different rules here.

Turning around and saying "no I am not telling you anything about where I live" kind of ruins the whole illusion. It's not easy to be sexy whilst reminding everyone "no you will never meet me nor know anything about me".

Turning around and saying "If you take me in exclusive" well... most of these guys are never planning on tipping you or spending anything on you ever, just mentioning something about them having to spend money usually sends them on their way but in a much more suggestive manner.

Agree, being blunt may ruin the illusion for many; however, it would make the illusion better for others. I guess the question is, What is the ratio, among paying members, who prefer politeness no matter how prying the other person is to models who bluntly say, "bugger off." :) I can only speak for myself, but I like honestly--I like politeness too, but when it comes to a question of honestly, I'd rather the model be blunt.

And I've noticed that some of the most successful models are rather blunt. It's all a matter of creating the audience you desire, I guess.

JerryBoBerry said:
From a member's perspective about the best answer (non offending) is simply to say "I live in Arizona but I don't narrow it down further for security reasons."

You've answered the question. We feel like we've gotten to know you a bit better. And if the person keeps pushing for more then it makes them look rude, not the model for not answering.

Yup, that's exactly what I do.

Reactions: Nordling
JerryBoBerry said:
From a member's perspective about the best answer (non offending) is simply to say "I live in Arizona but I don't narrow it down further for security reasons." Pick whatever state/province/district/country you like of course.

"I live on Earth but I don't narrow it down further for security reasons."

yossarian said:
JerryBoBerry said:

"I live on Earth but I don't narrow it down further for security reasons."

I know someone who uses "Central Milky Way".

Reactions: xo_Maria_ox
JerryBoBerry said:
Isabella_deL said:

QFT. Trolling is just asking for trouble. Treat members with respect. If you actually care for them, then put your money where your mouth is. If you don't, then don't write checks you ain't willing to cash. If you care about them but don't trust them enough with that info, then better not say things you don't mean.

The members you 'care' for are more dangerous than the creepers.

I got the Stan reference. I think Isbella's comment was right that we try not to take post directed at us by basically strangers so personally. That said, Drublic's post was directed at Throbbin and Stanley Mitchel, Stan, is a very ugly, fucked up, person. Fictional or not, to be called Stan is pretty insulting, and I don't know if I would have reacted any better. Stan is the nightmare fan from hell, and the poster child for "Real Stalkers", - this is the guy we all have to hope is never anything but a piece of fiction. I would guess that Drublic's post was not meant to carry such weight, but IMO it was a little heavy handed.

Reactions: Pandora1066
A member can help the situation by not really caring. At the beginning of the show when you're introducing yourself and the model asks where you're from, you kinda have to return the question. "Where do you pretend to be from"? usually works for me. Model realizes you don't care and nobody needs to lie.

PunkInDrublic said:
A member can help the situation by not really caring. At the beginning of the show when you're introducing yourself and the model asks where you're from, you kinda have to return the question. "Where do you pretend to be from"? usually works for me. Model realizes you don't care and nobody needs to lie.

A lot of members who ask where I live happily tell the room where they're from. What does it matter? they're words on a screen, you would never be able to pinpoint that they're an exact person out of the hundreds of thousands who live in that area. That's the annoying thing, they're like "but I'm cool with telling you were I live, why aren't you?" erm... a little different dude... I don't give a flying fuck where you live, you care where I live.

With the narrowing it down, I say I'm from the Uk, most guys want to know county, rather than country, or even town/city, well in the US a state could be around the size of England itself, yet that's narrowed down enough for most of them. A county in the Uk is a similar size to some cities, though vastly less populated. If I say said I lived in... Wiltshire, someone could really narrow down little things I say and work out areas/towns I could possibly live in. Whilst if talking about the whole of England it's different. Just like I live by the coast, although I've moved twice since starting camming and am about to move again, I've always remained by the coast, just different parts. Well England is an Island so saying the coast isn't exactly a big giveaway, but letting someone know the county would narrow it down a lot.

I don't think the Stan comment was that insulting, just sounded like a joke because it was so mildly related to the stalking now that I get the reference it seems really clear it's a joke. Just like I might call a really skinny friend who eats a big bit of cake a fatty. They're so obviously not fat it's funny. If they actually were fat... it would be really insulting. The Stan joke is only insulting if the person actually is a stalker and it hits a nerve. Which erm... is a bit worrying... as it clearly hit a nerve...

Reactions: xo_Maria_ox
When responding to the "Where you from, bb?" question...if you've told as much as you're willing to tell, but now they're asking "What part?" or "How far are you from ________?," just tell them you're not giving any further info about your location. Most normal people will say "Okay, I understand." But if they won't STFU about it, and they're acting all offended and accusing you of being "paranoid," then it's time to start using that kick/block button.

I said I don't care anything that was off cam info about a Model. That is not true to a great extent, in that I care how their daily life is going in general. That is, if they have had some fucked up shit happen in their RW and it is something they want to share to some extent, I am going to sympathetic with that. What I'm not going to do, but if there are more than 5 ppl in the room, someone else will be sure to do, is question the Model about it. If the Model says, "I might be a little off, I had some fucked shit happen." I might say all sorts of things, but I am not going to start giving her the third degree. If she wants to get it out, she will, and if she starts answering questions in public chat, she may soon get to some questions she does not want to answer, but feels almost obligated to because she has been answering the other questions.

The opposite is true also, I care that a Model had a extra good day, or week end, and it carries over to her cam time. I care in both of these cases, because what happens to a Model in the rw often affects who they are on cam. I care, in a general sort of way, and am not going to question either in public chat.

In the first case if I feel it is reasonable, I may PM, or MFC mail, or most likely, ACF PM the model and just say, "If you want to spew about whatever happened, you know where to find me." (By "reasonable" I mean, that there is some prior private conversation, to indicate something like a tiny friendship first, and I have to feel like the Model maybe did want to share, but didn't get the chance to.)

In the second case, everything from first holds true, though I may be a bit more aggressive and say in PM, MFCM, ACFPM, "Ok, so the date went well, but you do realize you skipped a bunch of stuff in between leaving the club, and breakfast the next morning, don't you." I may be interested in the Model's RW affairs, because they inform who she is in the cam world, but I don't care about any of the personal identifying details of her RW life, it just does not have anything to do with me. In fact the less I know the better when it comes to this sort of detail, because that is where the lines start to blur. It can be just as uncomfortable for a member to be rushed into a situation where the lines are blurred as it is for a Model I think. It can be a nice thing to straddle the lines between RW and Cam world a bit with a Model, but for the most part I like the clear defined borders between the two, and never want to pressure or feel pressured to break them down.

As an aside to the taking posts to seriously, it is a good rule of thumb on internet forums to attack the post not the poster. Many forums will have this as a rule. If you disagree with a post someone has made, say all you want about the specific post, but if you use personal insults to disagree then you are out of bounds. In other words, call the comment stupid all you like but not the person who made the comment. :twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.