AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The scariest thing about caming is...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2016
You're dressed, makeup done, your plan for the day is set, just about to broadcast.....
What's the scariest thing?

Usually my first interaction of the day - I don't know why I mean 9/10 times its a flash but yet my hands still shake and my voice breaks like a prepubescent guy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Entertainer33
The scariest: there's no gurantee anyone else will be there, or that there will be any tips.

The scariest: there's no gurantee anyone else will be there, or that there will be any tips.

This is my scariest thing especially if you've cammed enough to start noticing a trend of how many tokens you earn per hour or what your hourly "wage" might be. Every shift and day is no guarantee.

you sit there with no one talking bored out of your mind making nothing. You dance around with ppl staring making no money, You're polite and entertaining and engaging and still you make nothing. That all the effort you put forth means nothing and you wont' be able to pay rent or you make nothing and there's tons of trolls and asshole people...

Its weird but at the end of every week when my earnings reset to 0 (on SM) I have this sinking feeling that I won't be able to bring them back up again. I always do, but something about that ) reset just gets my mind all squirly. The fear that you won't be able to consistently earn well is one of my main ones camming.

I was waiting for other girls to comment, but the uncertainty of reaching your daily or weekly goals is really my Main fear. If you worry about your privacy you shouldn't be in this business. It's Internet, guys are recording what you do in Front of the camera and some of these guys are gross enough to post on tube sites. And for that part there isn't any blocking IP that can help.

If you worry about your privacy you shouldn't be in this business. It's Internet, guys are recording what you do in Front of the camera and some of these guys are gross enough to post on tube sites. And for that part there isn't any blocking IP that can help.
And geoblocking is not 100% effective.

I was waiting for other girls to comment, but the uncertainty of reaching your daily or weekly goals is really my Main fear. If you worry about your privacy you shouldn't be in this business. It's Internet, guys are recording what you do in Front of the camera and some of these guys are gross enough to post on tube sites. And for that part there isn't any blocking IP that can help.

Hmm. I disagree. I'm pretty sure most girls in the industry worry about their privacy. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the business. We all know there is a relatively good chance of being found out eventually, that's the risk you willingly take when you get into this. And with every risk usually comes some worry or stress. Just the way it is.

If you worry about your privacy you shouldn't be in this business

Everyone is concerned about privacy regardless what type of employment they are in. If someone knows too much personal information and has purposely collected it, that's a red flag. I think being a web model broadcasting via world wide web increases our chances over many other types of work. There are people digging for more and wanting to know more about the person in front of the camera.

However understanding that being recorded at all times does come with the business, and if you are not comfortable knowing you'll be recorded the moment you hit broadcast, then you shouldn't be in the business. This also goes for live streaming, producing clips, videos and photos.

Hmm. I disagree. I'm pretty sure most girls in the industry worry about their privacy. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the business. We all know there is a relatively good chance of being found out eventually, that's the risk you willingly take when you get into this. And with every risk usually comes some worry or stress. Just the way it is.

Now reviewing my input and reading yours i do have to agree with your point of view. Is just you can't really freak out once your stuff is out, part of business

On the privacy thing ... it is easy to collect a lot of information about someone you like over time. Think how much a regular really would know about their model given they notice everything she says or does. One time releasing your real name for instance and someone will be there to remember it.

With all due respect, I don't think you should be telling cam girls that they "shouldn't be in this business" just because they may not be as "out" about camming as you or others are. Every cam girl who goes by a screen name and refuses to tell members her real name is "worrying about her privacy," right?

I know for a fact that A LOT of cam girls respond to the "So what do you do for a living?" question by saying things like customer service...sales...live chat agent, etc. Also, many of them (myself included) choose to block their state. Those things are normal, and not something they should be told to "leave the business" over. Now when a model starts to worry about things to the point where it's out of control (she's Googling herself every 5 mins., freaking out every time some troll says "Hey, I know you from high school!", and she has to take pills/drink to calm her nerves while on cam), then I think ya may be onto something with that "shouldn't be in this business" remark.

You wanna talk about who probably shouldn't be in this business? The cam girls who actually do scam members...the cam girls who do shows broadcasting other adults (sometimes children) on a sex site without their consent...the cam girls who think it's okay to breastfeed their babies on cam...the cam girls who say they hate having men watch them naked, but they're just doing this because they're "desperate for money asap."

Last edited:
Now reviewing my input and reading yours i do have to agree with your point of view. Is just you can't really freak out once your stuff is out, part of business

I think all she's saying here guys is that if you go into this business you should be prepared that you may be outed. Doesn't mean its not scary *and so appropriate for this thread*, or that it you can't be doing as much as possible to protect your privacy so it doesn't happen.. but there is often an expectation that if i do 'x y and z' right no one will ever out me and everything will be fine and that's an unrealistic expectation. I think that's perfectly valid. xx

I think all she's saying here guys is that if you go into this business you should be prepared that you may be outed. Doesn't mean its not scary *and so appropriate for this thread*, or that it you can't be doing as much as possible to protect your privacy so it doesn't happen.. but there is often an expectation that if i do 'x y and z' right no one will ever out me and everything will be fine and that's an unrealistic expectation. I think that's perfectly valid. xx
I read it that way, too.

With all due respect, I don't think you should be telling cam girls that they "shouldn't be in this business" just because they may not be as "out" about camming as you or others are. Every cam girl who goes by a screen name and refuses to tell members her real name is "worrying about her privacy," right?

I know for a fact that A LOT of cam girls respond to the "So what do you do for a living?" question by saying things like customer service...sales...live chat agent, etc. Also, many of them (myself included) choose to block their state. Those things are normal, and not something they should be told to "leave the business" over. Now when a model starts to worry about things to the point where it's out of control (she's Googling herself every 5 mins., freaking out every time some troll says "Hey, I know you from high school!", and she has to take pills/drink to calm her nerves while on cam), then I think ya may be onto something with that "shouldn't be in this business" remark.

You wanna talk about who probably shouldn't be in this business? The cam girls who actually do scam members...the cam girls who do shows broadcasting other adults (sometimes children) on a sex site without their consent...the cam girls who think it's okay to breastfeed their babies on cam...the cam girls who say they hate having men watch them naked, but they're just doing this because they're "desperate for money asap."

I totally wish I did not have phrased that like that. I'm deeply sorry and totally agree with what you say. Sorry about that, but as @Miss_Lollipop. English is not my mother language and I was a tad frustrated earlier, which made me not choose the proper wording.

I deeply regret. Many apologies. It's unfortunate mistake that I did and I own it, but I'm glad others can read as I wish I would have phrased it. I in no means say that a girl for being a cam girl she needs to be as out about it as she can be. NO!

I as myself have states blocked, I avoid post as many pictures of my face, I try to do as much contouring I can and wear as many eyelashes to change my appearance as much as I can. But I know that someday it will come out. And the day someone will stop me or my partner and ask what's up with what I do over the internet, THAT is what scares me, but I am doing it, and I like doing camming very much.

I feel like in deep shit, like I did a big mistake in not phrasing this better. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

Last edited:
I totally wish I did not have phrased that like that. I'm deeply sorry and totally agree with what you say. Sorry about that, but as @Miss_Lollipop. English is not my mother language and I was a tad frustrated earlier, which made me not choose the proper wording.

I deeply regret. Many apologies. It's unfortunate mistake that I did and I own it, but I'm glad others can read as I wish I would have phrased it. I in no means say that a girl for being a cam girl she needs to be as out about it as she can be. NO!

I as myself have states blocked, I avoid post as many pictures of my face, I try to do as much contouring I can and wear as many eyelashes to change my appearance as much as I can. But I know that someday it will come out. And the day someone will stop me or my partner and ask what's up with what I do over the internet, THAT is what scares me, but I am doing it, and I like doing camming very much.

I feel like in deep shit, like I did a big mistake in not phrasing this better. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

:h: don't feel bad! You explained yourself in your second post and it started a good discussion. Sometimes when all we have are written words, it's hard to interpret someone's meaning but the discussion doesn't have to be negative. It's not a big deal at all (but I know I have felt similarly, haha, just wanted to say don't stress, and you're awesome!).

-Coming to terms with taking time off, because every hour offline is lost money.
-Stupid self-pressure to do very well/not to be a failure because camming is the only thing you have.
-Watching other girls make your monthly wage in 1 day. Usually I use it to influence me in a positive way but there is that 5% of times where I feel envy and anxiety.
Also, camgirl burnout sucks. :(

I have no fear since I switched sites. Feels good man.

That is really awesome to hear especially since you work a token site. I would love to one day be fearless when it comes to token sites :)

As a newer performer, I have a lot of fears around not being good enough, not making enough money, being outed in my room, but none of these are big enough to stop me from trying. I like my privacy and it's not so much people finding out who I am but people finding out who I am and where I live and becoming stalkers. Right before I hit the broadcast button fears flash in my head of the trolls (as a BBW, I get a lot of random rude commenters) and I'm afraid people will not like me so that no one will tip, but once I hit that broadcast button and the couple regulars I have come in and tell me how much they love my big tummy my confidence soars through the roof and I can get on with my show.

Status
Not open for further replies.