AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Strain

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the first episode. I think it's going to be a great series as long as FX doesn't do it's typical random pushing over they edge for no flipping reason crap. Example: Random Bleach Enema in 'American Horror Story Coven'. It had nothing to do with the plot and was just thrown in there. I hate when they do crap like that. Hopefully the books guide them more than ratings.

Reactions: hapa74
I was a bit wary at the beginning of the episode. The acting seemed a bit clunky, but by the end of it I was pretty happy. I believe that del Toro has a limited amount of seasons locked in to tell the story (four or five, as long as the show is popular enough in the ratings). I'm pretty hopeful, and I can't wait until the story really gets rolling and we get the rest of the characters introduced.

Reactions: Emmalie
I watched the first episode. It's pretty good. I don't think I'll watch the rest because my TV schedule is already pretty full, but it looks like they're doing a pretty good job with it.

I'm not sure how I feel about this show yet. But I'm reserving judgement until there are a few more episodes. I like a lot of Del Toro's other works (The Devil's Backbone is my fav) but I don't know anything about these books. I have to say I wasn't super impressed with the villain so far. Seemed kinda... Campy. Really campy. I like camp and all but the robe wearing vampire dude thing seemed like something straight out of a 90's show like Charmed.

I'm not giving up tho. Like I said I'm waiting to get a few episodes in before I make any rash decisions! Open mind and all. :D

Seen both the episodes that have aired so far and I dig it quite a bit. Of course, I've loved 90% of what Guillermo del Toro has done so I shouldn't be surprised.

The story seems cool but the bad acting and cheesyness/unrealisticness of the human characters turns me off a bit. The whole CDC guy just standing around nonchalantly holding an unsecure-lidded specimen container in the middle of an airport thing sorta made me chortle.

I'll watch another couple episodes and see if it sticks with me.

There are a lot of made-up words in this post. :mrgreen:

I think this show would've benefitted from John Hurt sticking around as the old guy. He was apparently in the original pilot, but left.

I just watched the first two episodes yesterday. Both seemed a little slow but picked up towards the end. I think it has promise to be really great. I haven't read the books. It is me or why is it little kids are so damn creepy when in a horror/scary scene? That little girl creeps me the fuck out. :crybaby:

AmberCutie said:
The story seems cool but the bad acting and cheesyness/unrealisticness of the human characters turns me off a bit. The whole CDC guy just standing around nonchalantly holding an unsecure-lidded specimen container in the middle of an airport thing sorta made me chortle.

I'll watch another couple episodes and see if it sticks with me.

There are a lot of made-up words in this post. :mrgreen:

The premise is good, the acting is pretty bad.. It reminds me a lot of the other FX summer series. Tryant, a really good premise; Americanize doctor who is the son of Middle Eastern dictator, returns hope to help rule/transform the country. Unfortunately the acting is just as bad in Tryant as Strain.

I think this show is finally starting to hit it's stride. It's taken way too long, but we're finally getting some nice vamp action!

So last week one of my favorite characters from the book finally showed up! The acting is still so-so, but a lot of the set up is finally paying off.

Reactions: goldenaye666
I think the Strain was my favorite summer season. The last couple of episodes have been really intense. We have gotten so use to dumb zombie, that is really a nice change to see intelligent monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.