AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Walking Dead Game

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah, I'm too annoyed to play this now - steam somehow deleted my saves and damned if I want to play through the first 3 again just to get to the first I haven't played (4th)

Played the last episode today and things got... emotional. A good kind of emotional. Awesome voice acting and writing. Looking forward for Season Two.

`Having been silly, I bought all the eps at launch, only to have played the first, which was ace. The first episode is free on XBLA right now, I think, too, so, nothin' to lose.

Violethayes said:
OMG, I LOVE The Walking Dead and I'm REALLY thinking about getting this game. Overall, thumbs up or down?

After playing Episode 1, I give it a thumbs up.

BONUS: Right now on XBL, Ep 1 is free, and 2-5 are 50% off. W00t!

Im kind of disappointed in this game :(

I love the walking dead so I got it but its kind of boring to me :(

I dont like how short of a time you have to make decisions, and the whole 2D thing sucks.

But I havnt gotten past the first episode (ya it bored me that much lol) so I might end up liking it, we will see!

Reactions: Jupiter551
Finished all 5 episodes yesterday afternoon (Xbox 360 with default settings), each episode takes about 2 hrs long, the ending (based on my decisions in the game was pretty predictable). Watch past the credits as there is a cut scene at the end (for me anyway).

Some of my thoughts...

• The game is third person perspective (not a big deal for me).
  • Graphics are styled as a comic book (I love this about it) and reminded me of the cut scenes in GTA games (however more polished).
  • I am not sure how adaptive the game really is other than the life and death decisions and later events in the game.
  • Dialogue is somewhat irrelevant in most instances with regards to the adaptiveness (based on what I could tell). However it is necessary to solve puzzles or rather perform puzzle actions.
  • There are a couple of places where the camera angles get confusing (like old Resident Evil games did). However these angles are not in any life or death situations.
  • The amount of time to make decisions in dialogue is longer than some of the life and death decisions.
  • When it comes to controls you will have to get used to using either one of the 4 game buttons (Y,X,B,A) or the d-pad along with the sticks. I found that the triggers on the controller seemed to work in some places and not others (not sure if this was a Xbox thing or I kept mostly to the game buttons).
  • For the most part you are given a simple HUD display for inventory and a simple cross hair system when looking around, each 4 points of the cross hair's match to one game button so when you find something of interest you can use one of the 4 buttons to interact with it.
  • There are a few instances in life and death situations where you do not get cross hairs for targeting zombies and have to aim down the barrel of your gun to shoot.
  • There are also several instances of multi-button combinations to perform tasks like fighting off zombies (most of them are tapping the A button dozens of times and then a single Y,X,B button once or repeat)
  • One thing worth mentioning when you use the sniper rile and scope I found it to be pretty dark when targeting and there were a couple of times all you can see are the "whites of their eyes" as it were. Made for some rather hectic shooting at times :shock:

Overall I liked the game and played Lee (main character) being an honest and good guy. I plan an playing it again where Lee is a complete douchebag and see how it goes.

Reactions: AnaVictoriaXO
I picked this up on 50% sale on Steam today $12.50 (10 hours left) for all 5 episodes and finished the first one. I was underwhelmed initially but by the end of the 1st episode I was moderately hooked. As has been noted it is really a lot more of an interactive story telling than a game.

The story is actually pretty good, as is the acting. On the other hand for somebody like myself who loves the open world and freedom of a Skyrim or Fallout the linearity of Walking Dead is frustrating.

I think if you like simpler video games and love the Walking Dead show or comics, you will really like the game. If you could care less about the Walking Dead TV series, and you like rich RPG, MMPORGs or shooters you will be frustrated.

Reactions: DaddyDominant
I really like how it made you care about the characters, I found myself becoming close to Clementine (maybe im just a weirdo...) But that was a great part of the show they worked into the game.

The Walking Dead - 400 Days Trailer

Some of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make in a videogame came during the first season of The Walking Dead from Telltale Games. Destructoid's 2012 Game of the Year was an amazing ride from start to finish; episodic content at its finest. If the sneak peek I had for the upcoming DLC 400 Days is any indication, it looks like a lot more stressful nights are coming.

Broken into five short stories that take place over the first 400 days of the outbreak in Georgia, 400 Days' most unique aspect is the ability to play them in any order. Five new characters comprise the individual, yet connected stories. During the E3 presentation we took a brief look at Vince, a convicted felon, who gets caught on a broken-down prison bus at the wrong time.

I won't get into the details regarding the specifics I witnessed, as this series always serves itself best spoiler free, but needless to say true to Walking Dead form, it was intense and a little gruesome.

Telltale also announced that players will need to have at least episode 1 of the first season of The Walking Dead to access 400 Days. While it's not needed to have played any of the first season, 400 Days acts as bridge to the eventual second season.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days will be available next month on all previous platforms for $4.99, with the recently announced PlayStation Vita version to follow within about a month according to Telltale Games.

from http://www.destructoid.com/the-walking- ... 6108.phtml

Reactions: Gen
Looks pretty similar, which is good for me because I liked the first season. I'll buy it, haha.

CallMeWilliam said:
Overall I liked the game and played Lee (main character) being an honest and good guy. I plan an playing it again where Lee is a complete douchebag and see how it goes.
For the first three episodes I had them played through as good lee and douchebag lee respectively, then somehow steam deleted my saves and so comes up my biggest issue with this game: if you have to replay it, for whatever reason, replaying it once is okay but after that it's dead boring, always turns out the same way, long and pointless sections of dialogue that were fine the first time through but now you wish you could skip.
It's also once you play through more than one time that you notice the 'choices' the game gives you are usually illusory. Without spoiling the game, it's a let-down that things often turn out exactly the same way regardless of your choices.

That said, for a budget game you're likely to get your money's worth if you're expecting something slow and storylike rather than action-packed. It's about time for a AAA game version of TWD, preferably with a persistent online world, other multiplayer survivors and a harsh, deadly player vs player environment...wait nvm, just google Day Z.

CallMeWilliam said:
genxoxo said:
Looks pretty similar, which is good for me because I liked the first season. I'll buy it, haha.
Just bought it on Xbox live.
just finished playing it and didn't really like it that much, you play 5 different characters in different situations, the situations are pretty short played and not that difficult plus you don't really kill zombies, the ending leads up to a possible next episode.

:twocents-02cents:

I finished it last night! I liked it, but yeah - not a whole lot of zombie action. I loved Russel and Shel. It did get me pumped up for season 2 and I want to play it again for some different option. But, just like the first season, I don't know if i"d play it more than twice which kind of sucks because I like replaying games.

Season 2 announced
The next five episodes of Telltale's The Walking Dead series will be played as Clementine, the child taken in by previous lead Lee Everett, according to today's reveal. The Walking Dead: Season Two is "expected to premiere later this year," and continues Clementine's story from her point of view as she's "left to her own devices to seek safety and survive in a world gone mad."
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/29/the-w ... announced/

Telltale games announced that early next week (or sooner) there will be multiple announcements about season 2, I assume it will be a release date and possibly a new trailer or maybe even the game, who knows. I could see them wanting to get the game out for the holiday break with all those new consoles being bought.

Reactions: RainieDay and Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.