AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Thigh Gap

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late to the party but can I get a second opinion?

Attachments

• Shutterbuck-thigh-gap-selfie.jpg
    Shutterbuck-thigh-gap-selfie.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 447
Okay, now I'm annoyed by this thread. Here I am reading tweets and come across this picture.

Normally I would be enjoying a rather attractive ass. But NOOOOO, not now. Now my first thought is huh, a thigh gap and thinking of this thread.

Thank you OP. You've ruined ass pics for me! :snooty:
At least until tomorrow. I'm fairly certain a speedy recovery is in my future.

Attachments

• Twitter gap.jpg
    Twitter gap.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 431
JerryBoBerry said:
Okay, now I'm annoyed by this thread. Here I am reading tweets and come across this picture.

Normally I would be enjoying a rather attractive ass. But NOOOOO, not now. Now my first thought is huh, a thigh gap and thinking of this thread.

Thank you OP. You've ruined ass pics for me! :snooty:
At least until tomorrow. I'm fairly certain a speedy recovery is in my future.
Almost ALL girls have this gap in this pose (though not necessarily all the way to the knees). I do, and I'm a LOT larger than this gorgeous girl!

Your thighs open naturally when you're bent over, back arched like that.

I know this because of pole dancing. You always gotta tuck that booty in to close your thighs, or you'll fall off the pole. :whistle:

KamikaziKitty said:
I've always had thigh gap but on the opposite end of the spectrum as someone else (think 5'2" 95 lbs).

It doesn't matter if I weigh 160 lbs or 90 lbs, and yes I have been both and the 90 was not an intentional weight just a physical medical issue, and I have never not had thigh gap down to my knees. I also may currently weigh 150 lbs but like she looks larger than she actually is, I weigh 150 with a BF% of 6% and look like I might weigh 115 lbs soaking wet. Fortunately I have quite a few inches to add onto that 5'2". At almost six feet it's actually kind of weirdly intimidating trying to cam with other girls who are much much much shorter than I am. I just feel more like skinny sasquatch in the corner ha ha

I just looked through your pictures from your links, you look really great in my opinion, however you are absolutely nowhere near 6% body fat, not even remotely close, by 10% or more easily.

http://www.shapeup.org/bfl/basics1.html

Or you could look up umpteen different websites or forums with information & pictures regarding body composition put out there by healthcare professionals. It is physically impossible for females to walk around and live normally at that bodyfat % Elite female pro athletes, professional models etc. are nowhere even close to that stated % ever, period. Females in the high teens through low-mid 20's have the appearance of being very lean & fit. 6% range is what a male bodybuilder attempts to hit for a competition. Try googling 6% body fat female if this sounds unreasonable

Reactions: LadyLuna
mickerd said:
KamikaziKitty said:
I've always had thigh gap but on the opposite end of the spectrum as someone else (think 5'2" 95 lbs).

It doesn't matter if I weigh 160 lbs or 90 lbs, and yes I have been both and the 90 was not an intentional weight just a physical medical issue, and I have never not had thigh gap down to my knees. I also may currently weigh 150 lbs but like she looks larger than she actually is, I weigh 150 with a BF% of 6% and look like I might weigh 115 lbs soaking wet. Fortunately I have quite a few inches to add onto that 5'2". At almost six feet it's actually kind of weirdly intimidating trying to cam with other girls who are much much much shorter than I am. I just feel more like skinny sasquatch in the corner ha ha

I just looked through your pictures from your links, you look really great in my opinion, however you are absolutely nowhere near 6% body fat, not even remotely close, by 10% or more easily.

Or you could look up umpteen different websites or forums with information & pictures regarding body composition put out there by healthcare professionals. It is physically impossible for females to walk around and live normally at that bodyfat % Elite female pro athletes, professional models etc. are nowhere even close to that stated % ever, period. Females in the high teens through low-mid 20's have the appearance of being very lean & fit. 6% range is what a male bodybuilder attempts to hit for a competition. Try googling 6% body fat female if this sounds unreasonable
I do understand this but this is a body fat percentage given to my by my doctor as well as an ER physician who tried to have me put on 72 hour hold for a non-existent eating disorder. They were insanely alarmed it was that low but it has always been low. I do also spend quite a bit of time in the gym and have always naturally (okay medically unnaturally but it's the way my body wants to work) been "low-fat" lol. I do have another appt coming up soon to check body fat percentage, weight, and chemical levels to see if anything is going the right direction though. The goal is to get it doubled without resulting in awful eating habits. All currently posted photos are after two months of no gym or training anyone else, and seriously thank you for the compliments! I have so many warm and fuzzies now!

My warm and fuzzies shown visibly:
:blob8: :blob1: :blob2: :blob1: :blob3: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob7:

KamikaziKitty said:
mickerd said:
KamikaziKitty said:

I do understand this but this is a body fat percentage given to my by my doctor as well as an ER physician who tried to have me put on 72 hour hold for a non-existent eating disorder. They were insanely alarmed it was that low but it has always been low. I do also spend quite a bit of time in the gym and have always naturally (okay medically unnaturally but it's the way my body wants to work) been "low-fat" lol. I do have another appt coming up soon to check body fat percentage, weight, and chemical levels to see if anything is going the right direction though. The goal is to get it doubled without resulting in awful eating habits. All currently posted photos are after two months of no gym or training anyone else, and seriously thank you for the compliments! I have so many warm and fuzzies now!

I find it hard to believe but then again I'm not a MD, either way a good looking gal is a good looking gal. All shapes and sizes.

Reactions: KamikaziKitty
mickerd said:
KamikaziKitty said:
mickerd said:
KamikaziKitty said:

I find it hard to believe but then again I'm not a MD, either way a good looking gal is a good looking gal. All shapes and sizes.
Trust me, I understand the disbelief. When I first heard it myself I asked how I was still functioning normally for a girl (if ya know what I mean) and how I was still alive. Turns out my metabolism is on constant overdrive (also causing heart issues, sleep issues, etc) and we've been spending approximately five years trying to correct it. The not constantly in the hospital dying part is very much not missed lol.

Reactions: LadyLuna
mickerd said:
KamikaziKitty said:

I hate it when someone says something about themselves and someone thinks after looking at a few pictures that they clearly know better. So nice of you to tell her that she's nowhere near the body fat that she thinks she is and that doctors have told her she is. Lovely to put that patronising bit of information about body fat percentages that you can find after searching google in about 3 minutes.
I'm sure you didn't mean badly by this, and may have meant it as complimentary, but in future if someone tells you some information that's personal about themselves try and make the assumption that they know more about their own body than you do from checking out a few pictures. Sometimes people have really weird proportions, measurements, weights, body fat percentages etc. There are averages, but not everyone fits into the averages.

I've never even heard of thigh gap until reading about it in this thread. Wow, just wow. I can't believe this is actually "a thing".
Ya know, I'm really starting to hate the unrealistic beauty standards the mainstream media is promoting. Just the other week, my 15 year old daughter was complaining that her "stomach was flabby". Then she lifts up her shirt to show me her "flabby stomach" and she's got a friggin 6 pack!!! I shit you not, she really has a six pack, but to her, all she sees is imperfection. I felt sick to my stomach after that. This is why I almost never watch TV or read Vouge or other magazines.

Bocefish said:
99.999% of guys don't give a shit about thigh gap, or even heard about it.
To be honest, I think 99% of adult women don't give a shit about thigh gap either. I really think it's something that mostly teens are concerning themselves with. It just seems so... ludicrous. I think it's a much more adult thing to think, "I could lose 5 pounds here and there", or "I wish my thighs were a bit skinnier" than to think "I want my thighs not to touch, ever". Young girls can get a little crazy and I really think in general they're much more prone to something as unrealistic/outlandish as striving for a thigh gap, which as has been explained is mostly based on bone structure, rather than body fat or even weight.

Poker_Babe said:
I've never even heard of thigh gap until reading about it in this thread. Wow, just wow. I can't believe this is actually "a thing".
Ya know, I'm really starting to hate the unrealistic beauty standards the mainstream media is promoting. Just the other week, my 15 year old daughter was complaining that her "stomach was flabby". Then she lifts up her shirt to show me her "flabby stomach" and she's got a friggin 6 pack!!! I shit you not, she really has a six pack, but to her, all she sees is imperfection. I felt sick to my stomach after that. This is why I almost never watch TV or read Vouge or other magazines.
See, I remember being that kid thinking I had a "pooch" when I only weighed 90lbs. I did have a six pack but all I saw in media were these literally impossibly skinny girls and at the time I WAS impossibly skinny already! Now I have a daughter and I do my damnest to make sure that she is told how awesome she is in some way every day whether it's "You look beautiful in those clothes you picked out!" (even if she's wearing leggings under shorts with one of my shirts and two different shoes lol) to "Wow, you did that all by yourself, look at how awesome you are!"

The thought of her coming home from school in approx 8-10 years and complaining about something so insignificant really does scare me because I know how at that age it really is an ingrained thing. It took me YEARS to be comfortable with my body and those years were spent either in some sort of counselling or the military (you sort of stop giving a shit what you look like after .02 seconds into any type of field training lol). I never want her to go through the completely unnecessary mental anguish I put myself through.

The only reason I wish I had a big thigh gap is so that walking and running could be more comfortable. Having had thick thighs all my life, I've dealt with more chafing and rubbing than I care for. Short shorts or skirts are a no-go for me. It's uncomfortable and it really sucks.

AmberCutie said:
The only reason I wish I had a big thigh gap is so that walking and running could be more comfortable. Having had thick thighs all my life, I've dealt with more chafing and rubbing than I care for. Short shorts or skirts are a no-go for me. It's uncomfortable and it really sucks.

When it comes to running, I have used lube on the chaffey parts (nips, back of armpit, and some people used it between thighs). It really works! I'll have to look up but I'm pretty sure you want to avoid anything silicone based for this though, or maybe it's the other way around? Basically something that still allows you to sweat and not end up with a heat rash which is just as annoying as the chaffing. It's been a long minute since I ran a marathon or half century. Like a decade lol.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
KamikaziKitty said:
AmberCutie said:

When it comes to running, I have used lube on the chaffey parts (nips, back of armpit, and some people used it between thighs). It really works! I'll have to look up but I'm pretty sure you want to avoid anything silicone based for this though, or maybe it's the other way around? Basically something that still allows you to sweat and not end up with a heat rash which is just as annoying as the chaffing. It's been a long minute since I ran a marathon or half century. Like a decade lol.

Complete OT: Your new avatar is really fucking sexy! I love it! I have a thing for collarbones... :whistle:

Jillybean said:
KamikaziKitty said:
AmberCutie said:

Complete OT: Your new avatar is really fucking sexy! I love it! I have a thing for collarbones... :whistle:

He he, can I hang out here guys and can Amber rename the thread "Warm and Fuzzies"? Thanks!

Reactions: Jillybean
KamikaziKitty said:
Now I have a daughter and I do my damnest to make sure that she is told how awesome she is in some way every day whether it's "You look beautiful in those clothes you picked out!" (even if she's wearing leggings under shorts with one of my shirts and two different shoes lol) to "Wow, you did that all by yourself, look at how awesome you are!"

My mother was the opposite, she consistently told me I should lose weight, passed on her own body hang ups onto me. When I considered modelling she'd say things like "no, you couldn't be a model, your thighs are too short/fat" or "you're the wrong body shape". She's actually right, I naturally have big thighs which are largely due to my bones being so dam big, but it gave me the attitude that "there's no point because you're never going to be slim" which I think has actually been one of the main factors for me finding it difficult to motivate myself in fitness and dieting in the past. Because of the amount of grief all of my family (mainly the females though my brother consistently makes fat jokes) have given me I go about life consistently feeling like people are judging me. I don't let it get to me much, but the thought is regularly in the back of my mind.

Your attitude by giving encouragement is so much healthier. Otherwise you're just setting yourself out to fail before you've even started. I wish all young girls were given that kind of support.

AmberCutie said:

Saaaaame. I have super sensitive skin that chafes in a heartbeat. No skirts or dresses, ever.

I was in high school in the 90s and I remember thigh gap being a coveted thing even back then. It was something that guys used to point out on a girl to call her either hot or slutty, depending on their current mood toward her. :icon-rolleyes:

SinScarlett said:
AmberCutie said:

Saaaaame. I have super sensitive skin that chafes in a heartbeat. No skirts or dresses, ever.

I was in high school in the 90s and I remember thigh gap being a coveted thing even back then. It was something that guys used to point out on a girl to call her either hot or slutty, depending on their current mood toward her. :icon-rolleyes:

Lol a disturbingly large percentage of boys/men clearly haven't changed since then...

I only get this issue in the summer, but my god it's a pain in the arse. I have small stretch marks right on my inner thigh that I've had since I had a growth spurt before I became a teenager, they're barely noticeable but they're obviously more sensitive and in the heat with walking around etc they get slightly irritated and raise up making it really uncomfortable/painful walking around. I also cannot wear hold ups in summer because they rub against my thighs, nothing to do with having a thigh gap or not, but it's very annoying!

It's one of the only times I feel England's weather might be fortunate. Seeing as it's rare I'll ever be in a situation that is hot enough to wear a skirt with no tights I only have to worry about this a few times every year! Mostly if I go on holiday! I feel so blessed....
I do sometimes get the opposite thing and have done for as long as I can remember. If it's really cold, which it usually is in winter, when I go out on long walks my legs will get so cold that every time they rub against each other they'll feel itchy/sore. It's really irritating. This happens even though I won't be wearing a skirt. These times I wish I had a gap!

SinScarlett said:

This kinda surprises me. A thigh gap is something that I literally haven't a) discussed b) heard discussed or c) known to be discussed, with or by anybody I've ever known in the real world in my 29 years on this planet. I went to school with, have worked with, and in my lesser moments, have socialised with plenty of "bro" types, who were more than happy to reduce women to nothing more than a pair of tits, but a thigh gap (or lack thereof) is something that's just never come up. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

I think for most men, it's just not something we tend to even notice (unless attention is brought to it), much less actively seek out/avoid. "Yeah, I would have banged her, but she didn't have a thigh gap" is a sentence I've never heard uttered.

PlayboyMegan said:
I saw this poster on tumblr saying how girls with thigh gaps have wider vaginas. It had like 100,000notes!! :roll:
Obviously some jealous girl with no thigh gap.
LOL. It's kind of sad and horrific what people will easily believe about vaginas. With all the confusion and mystery, it's no wonder womens' health issues do not get the attention they deserve even by medical professionals.

I found out about that gap thing through tumblr aswell. I remember going in the mirror and quickly figured out that if I bent over I had a gap. I had never really noticed it before but didn't let it get to my head. I knew I didn't have a thigh gap and I knew the gap/non-gap existed but never had thought about it to the extent some people did haha. I have a thigh gap now after I lost a lot of weight. My body is weird, I only gain and lose noticeable weight on my thighs and ass, which i love. Never had muffin tops or flabby belly no matter how large my thighs/ass were.

Personally whether it looks good or bad on a girl it depends on the rest of her body and what she's wearing. That marilyn monroe pic showed a while ago looks awesome and part of her sexiness to me is due to her thighs.

MayaEden said:
Personally whether it looks good or bad on a girl it depends on the rest of her body and what she's wearing. That marilyn monroe pic showed a while ago looks awesome and part of her sexiness to me is due to her thighs.

Yep, I'm sure Carole Seleme cries herself to sleep every night because she doen't have a thigh gap.
tumblr_n1eyq3Ayto1rk74v1o1_400.gif

The thigh gap really depends on the person's hips, if they turn out or in. I'm an average girl, 5"7 (170cm), 69kg (152lbs) and even when I was at my skinniest 46kg (101lbs) I didn't have a "thigh gap" but my legs were very skinny.

Current body shape:

Status
Not open for further replies.