AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Thigh Gap

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
I was just reading a story about how Target got busted for photoshopping a ridiculous thigh gap onto one of their models in their advertisement: http://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/ ... p/6344469/ and wondered if women actually obsess over this crap.

Methinks it's more genetics than anything a woman should ever strive for. If you weren't born with wider hips, dieting to that extreme probably isn't healthy.

What say you?

Reactions: MayaEden
I love when companies get busted for shitty Photoshopping :lol:

But yeah I agree, I think it's more about genetics/the shape of your body than simply just being thin. Some of my slim friends have a thigh gap but a lot of them don't, and probably couldn't even if they lost weight. I don't know anyone my age who is obsessed with getting/maintaining a thigh gap but I've heard some of the younger girls in my school talking about it; I kind of assumed it was a teenage thing.

tumblr_n22yl80PWd1qz8x31o1_400.gif

tumblr_n22yl80PWd1qz8x31o2_400.gif

Anyhow, magazine aren't selling you reality, they are selling fantasy. It's really silly to blame Target for this.

What I blame Target for is making their clothes appear to look different on a model by photoshop. And yes, before you say it, I know that probably all clothing companies do this. But that doesnt make it right. They removed a good 2 inches off the crotch of those panties, which makes the product look completely different than it actually would on. Specially if you actually have a thigh gap..... those panties wouldn't fit properly.

PlayboyMegan said:
I love thigh gap!!! That being said, even when I was 110lbs, I still didn't have thigh gap. I know sites like thedirty talk about how important/hot it is to have one, which really sucks for those who just can't get one.

OK, did a little research and didn't take long to find an example. As far as I can tell, the only appeal is that it affords a better look at a woman's vulva. The same thing can be accomplished by widening her knee position a little, so I don't really get the whole "love thigh gap" thing. :dontknow:

Can you better explain why you love it so much?

Attachments

• Thigh gap1.jpg
    Thigh gap1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 575
  • Thigh gap.jpg
    Thigh gap.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 576
Bocefish said:
PlayboyMegan said:
I love thigh gap!!! That being said, even when I was 110lbs, I still didn't have thigh gap. I know sites like thedirty talk about how important/hot it is to have one, which really sucks for those who just can't get one.

OK, did a little research and didn't take long to find an example. As far as I can tell, the only appeal is that it affords a better look at a woman's vulva. The same thing can be accomplished by widening her knee position a little, so I don't really get the whole "love thigh gap" thing. :dontknow:

Can you better explain why you love it so much?
To me, it just looks better. Same reason I love big boobs. It's just more proportionate looking, more feminine.
Edit: The more I think about it, it's kind of innocent looking. Girls with thigh gaps are usually very thin and look almost breakable. I like to be very aggressive with women and it's hot to think about bending them over and their ass and pussy revealed right away without me having to spread their legs.

Yes! Thigh gaps are so alluring. I wish I had one! They're just something that skinny girls have that make them look all graceful and delicate and petite. Like fairies.

But, most people who have them also have the genetics to have one, as well as, stylists, gym memberships, professional photographers, and Photoshop. It isn't feasible for most people... I don't think obsessing over any one body part (or lack of) is healthy and I definitely don't condone that. I think any woman being the best version of herself, exercising and eating healthy, is the sexiest thing :)

What Bocefish posted isn't considered a thigh gap in general, I think.

This is.

tumblr_n2cvckclTw1t55s18o1_500.jpg

And this pop-up appears when you search for 'thigh gap' (and nothing else) on tumblr.

i06i8yi.png

Just saying. It's actually known as a very unrealistic ideal that some teen girls are striving towards.

Even when I was super-skinny as a teen/in my early 20s, and mega-toned, I've never had the thigh gap of legend... I do have "the triangle" if I bend over or stand a certain way I guess, but I have narrow hips (and a narrow vagina? :lol: ) so I've never had that oh-don't-mind-me-just-standing-here-in-a-bikini-with-five-inches-between-my-thighs look. Everybody wants something different, really... when I was young all I wanted in life was to have hips and feel more womanly. I could still make a laundry-list of the things that I would change if I could magically snap my fingers, but I think what it comes down to is that people need to love themselves regardless of what other people say or what the media shows them. I watched my mom lose her mind when she started to age because she had no sense of self-worth outside of her looks. I wish I could tell every young girl about how much it sucked to watch that, to encourage them to develop something deeper, a strength of character, that even if they were in a disfiguring accident or developed a terrible health condition wouldn't affect who they are as a person.

So um, yeah.

/rant.

The only time I have a thigh gap is if my legs are splayed like this \ /
I'm a fatty-fat and I know it.
And I'm pretty cool with it.
:lol:

I saw a thing on tumblr a while ago and now I can't find it but it said "My thighs touching means I'm one step closer to being a mermaid" and I was like "hell yeah"

Korreline said:
I saw a thing on tumblr a while ago and now I can't find it but it said "My thighs touching means I'm one step closer to being a mermaid" and I was like "hell yeah"
I'm down with being a mermaid, fuck yes.

The bummer about touching thighs is chub rub. That sucks and no amount of chaffing gel or baby powder seems to stop it.... And it doesn't look pretty. That would probably be the only reason I'd want a thigh gap. Mostly though, I don't care what shape my legs are in as long as they get me where I need to go and are strong enough to carry heavy things. I can always spread/close them as need be to make them 'more appealing'.

Okay, I have a thigh gap pretty much like the picture Lily posted - I'm perfectly healthy and eat normally (if being able to eat an entire pizza myself is 'normal'), it's just because I'm naturally skinny... At 5'2" and 95 lbs of healthy, bouncy goodness, I'm kind of a genetic oddity.

For illustration, this is what the rest of me looks like; I'm well-proportioned and curvy, just skinny:

I think that girls trying to hold up a thigh gap as the ULTIMATE OMG SEXY holy grail need a reality check. I have never had anyone comment that I have one (even while camming), and don't think it's sexy in the slightest. I've always wished that I could gain some weight and more curves, but my genetics and hyper nature just won't let it happen. The lady that Bocefish posted has what I see as the 'ideal' body type - Curves and softness everywhere, without my skinny legs or angular hipbones. But this is my body, and I can't change it, so instead I embrace it and love every inch of my silly self, haha. :)

I think it's really sad that some girls focus on unrealistic beauty ideals. Boob jobs and plastic surgery are one thing, get down with your bad self if that's what makes you happy! But when the 'look' a woman is striving for causes her to develop an eating disorder or an unhealthy body image, that's where a line needs to be drawn.

Attachments

• GappyGappyThighs - Copy.jpg
    GappyGappyThighs - Copy.jpg
    747.5 KB · Views: 499
  • Curvyandstuff - Copy.jpg
    Curvyandstuff - Copy.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 499
LilyMarie said:
And this pop-up appears when you search for 'thigh gap' (and nothing else) on tumblr.

i06i8yi.png

Just saying. It's actually known as a very unrealistic ideal that some teen girls are striving towards.

Good guy Tumbler.

Related:

Definitely one of those ''female things'' guys will never understand and a ''First world problem.'' ;)

HxzSxgy.png

“There are absolutely differences in pelvic structures — and more specifically in femoral neck angulation — that can predispose someone to having more of a gap than others,” says Somerset. ”Essentially, the wider the pelvis and the closer the femoral neck angle is to 90 degrees, the greater the spacing between the thighs will be, irrespective to leg length, body fat, muscle mass, and so on.”

What does this mean? You can have two women who have identical leg lengths, thigh circumferences, and body-fat percent and distribution, and the one who has the right combination of bony alignment at the pelvis and femoral neck will show a gap, whereas the other won’t.

Think about that: Is your goal really to alter your skeleton?

http://www.jensinkler.com/close-thigh-gap/

I dig the thigh gap sometimes.

I dig it for the same reasons I like any other part of the female or male body....it just appeals to me. Does not mean I like all thigh gaps...just like i don't like every set of big tits, or every fat ass. I also like thick thighs. I don't know man...it's super easy for me to find sexyness is most female forms. There is not a single body type that I do not like--if carried well. For example the dreaded.."i carry all my weight in my stomach" thing...thin legs, hips, small bust and butt, and big ol belly. Still a way to make it work.

Now personally the reason I envy girl's with a thigh gap as nothing to do with appearance but logistics. As mentioned before..the chub rub. But, that being said..if I had my current body and the only thing changed was the addition to a thigh gap...I would look rather silly. I pretty much need to do a split to get thigh gap hahahaah

Thigh gaps are cool... thighs that touch are cool... It shouldn't matter. I don't think I would have given this matter much thought if my little cousin hadn't talked to me about really wanting a thigh gap. She is WAY too young to obsess over something like a thigh gap!!

I was not too happy after hearing that :snooty:

All ages are too young! Fuck that shit, I watched my sister go through a really awful period where she struggled real bad with an eating disorder. So naive to say, but I want everybody to feel awesome about themselves, thigh gaps or not.

Eh, I'm old(er). I could not care less about the gap between the thighs. Until recently, I had never heard the term "thigh gap". And why is that a thing?

Personally, I like well-toned thighs, and/or thckier thighs. If a thigh-gap occurs naturally, so be it. To try to create one? That just seems unhealthy.

hahaha so funny.

In Brazil its the opposite.

Welcome to super gym legs

VrUvGeV.jpg

2Djccxd.jpg

UrekfAl.jpg

Thigh gaps here are so unpopular, everytime they show on TV they say " she needs to eat more"

I Must say, i really like Thigh Gaps and hate hate hate this super gym legs. So i get from time to time to hear " you should do more leg press" -_-

(for more looks, google gaioala das popozudas and panicat)

Gween said:
hahaha so funny.

In Brazil its the opposite.

Welcome to super gym legs

Thigh gaps here are so unpopular, everytime they show on TV they say " she needs to eat more"

I Must say, i really like Thigh Gaps and hate hate hate this super gym legs. So i get from time to time to hear " you should do more leg press" -_-

(for more looks, google gaioala das popozudas and panicat)

Funny you should mention this. I was just thinking The Turkey had quite a bit of Thigh Gap. :lol:

I think I'll have to run away now. hahaha

Attachments

• Screenshot - 3_14_2014 , 2_03_48 AM.jpg
    Screenshot - 3_14_2014 , 2_03_48 AM.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 334
Status
Not open for further replies.