AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things Members Say That Make You Go "WTF?"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
@NotYou

Re: (I am thinking CB or SC here - CB when a guy is purple for instance. On CB I have kept my colour as "light blue" for years and years), but I still will never understand why any model needs to see when the user is online or was previously online.

That light blue doesn't do much good hiding token balances. We know if you have more tokens or less tokens than we do and can transfer tokens to cash to get a better idea of where you are compared to us. All it hides is how frequently you tip. ;) Just thought you should know that if you don't already.
I also 'hide', though as blue, and I know you can sort users by how many tokens we hold, that's why I also rarely hold more than 100 tokens when I enter a room.

I also 'hide', though as blue, and I know you can sort users by how many tokens we hold, that's why I also rarely hold more than 100 tokens when I enter a room.
Pardon my candor, that's so freakin' lame. Just sayin'. It's also insulting to all of the models who don't do things like that. In 90% of rooms you can't accomplish jacksquat with 100 tokens. Maybe a flash. Maybe run up on a goal and finish it. I just really scratch my head at the way some viewers think, this is one of those times.

Pardon my candor, that's so freakin' lame. Just sayin'. It's also insulting to all of the models who don't do things like that. In 90% of rooms you can't accomplish jacksquat with 100 tokens. Maybe a flash. Maybe run up on a goal and finish it. I just really scratch my head at the way some viewers think, this is one of those times.
Some of the thoughts I have made:

1. I know myself, I am not a whale, I have a fixed budget to use on CB each month. If I convert that to tokens on payday it will be spent within days.
2. I like to get a feel of the room before I engage, check your bio, and read your stuff. If I feel the vibe suits me I will buy tokens.
3. I am 99.99% sure that you are not sending a PM to each purple/light purple/blue user that enters your room, but so many of your colleagues do.

Some of the thoughts I have made:

1. I know myself, I am not a whale, I have a fixed budget to use on CB each month. If I convert that to tokens on payday it will be spent within days.
2. I like to get a feel of the room before I engage, check your bio, and read your stuff. If I feel the vibe suits me I will buy tokens.
3. I am 99.99% sure that you are not sending a PM to each purple/light purple/blue user that enters your room, but so many of your colleagues do.

Budgets are cool. We all have them. The cavalier attitude of your statement was like "yeah I've been PM'd thousands of times, UGH it's so annoying" and if you're that low on the totem pole token wise I doubt that it's true. It may feel like that but I doubt it was the reality. Studio models are notorious for this behavior. Independent models would rather never see you in PM, ever. It's all about that public chat, bb. ;) You don't even have to click over to the tab. What's the worst that can happen? You get banned? Welp, tokens saved then! 🤪

Budgets are cool. We all have them. The cavalier attitude of your statement was like "yeah I've been PM'd thousands of times, UGH it's so annoying" and if you're that low on the totem pole token wise I doubt that it's true. It may feel like that but I doubt it was the reality. Studio models are notorious for this behavior. Independent models would rather never see you in PM, ever. It's all about that public chat, bb. ;) You don't even have to click over to the tab. What's the worst that can happen? You get banned? Welp, tokens saved then! 🤪
Well I am also the kind of person that gets a little annoyed when a salesperson approaches me right after I entered a store, but I will be polite and say; 'I am just browsing, if I need assistance I will let you know.' In other words, if I am not going to spend money in your store, you should not waste your time. But I also will not hang around for long, freeloading.
And yes I know that it is mostly studio models that do it, and yes I do mostly ignore it and move on.
And if I like your room and vibe I will greet you in public chat, and engage in the chat, if I have something to say to you that I deem unsuited for the public chat I will put it in a tip note or tip for PM if you have it in your menu.

Well I am also the kind of person that gets a little annoyed when a salesperson approaches me right after I entered a store, but I will be polite and say; 'I am just browsing, if I need assistance I will let you know.' In other words, if I am not going to spend money in your store, you should not waste your time. But I also will not hang around for long, freeloading.
And yes I know that it is mostly studio models that do it, and yes I do mostly ignore it and move on.
And if I like your room and vibe I will greet you in public chat, and engage in the chat, if I have something to say to you that I deem unsuited for the public chat I will put it in a tip note or tip for PM if you have it in your menu.
I don't know if you realize this or not but this comes off as "yeah I'm a patron of sex sites but I totally disagree with all of their tactics that remind me they want to earn money."

I fully understand and do agree with your point and reasoning for wanting (or needing) to see token balance, but it's unfortunate like with most things, it can be used against the users too.
Trying to guilt trip or be toxic towards users because they are online and spending on other models and not you is a reason why you should not be able to see it if you're going to just get angry and be rude and play silly games with users, which happens way too much. (Edit: I just read this back and it read like I was aiming that at you, but I promise it's not, it's just a generalized statement/comment for it)

However, I really do agree with the balance being visible so you can avoid the timewasters.
And being able to kick/ban guys who are sitting in your room and you can see their token balance decreasing because they are in your room and other room/s and not spending any on you but they are spending them on other models. I have seen this happen plenty of times, there have even been times when the model will ask me "what it means" (the fact they have tokens and are decreasing - they just want reassurance that they are not imagining things, I think, they definitely do know it means they are tipping other models). Stuff like that must be frustrating to see, so I can understand multiple reasons why it's good to see balances (but I do also think it should always be an option for users to hide their balance if they choose to, not everyone wants to be "jumped" on when you enter a room or harassed etc (I am thinking CB or SC here - CB when a guy is purple for instance. On CB I have kept my colour as "light blue" for years and years), but I still will never understand why any model needs to see when the user is online or was previously online.

The only reason I can genuinely think is a nice reason for it is if you had a regular who you haven't seen for a while and you are truly curious if they are ok or wondering "what happened" (do they still come to the site, did they stop, etc)

I think I may always see things differently from models for stuff like this because I am always someone who doesn't want or need everyone to know my business. Even if I was a millionaire or if I won millions in the lottery, I would not be public about it. I don't like to "air my laundry in public", or anything else. I think there are always certain things that should be kept secret or to yourself and they are no one else's business unless I choose to reveal it. I would never ask a model how many tokens she has, how many she has earned today, this week, month, year, etc as it's not my business. I understand that is different because you need to know. But it's like with anywhere you are going to buy a product or service, you don't go in flashing how much money you have for all to see (or just for the staff at least).
This is all fair. That's really shitty behaviour to be sitting in one room for free while visibly spending in another! I use SM so it's a bit different, but the equivalent that I hate is when a reg hangs out in my room with excuses as to why they can't afford to spend in my room today. Then I see their spending in my cammodels referral earnings, showing they've dropped huge tips in another model's room. Just don't lie. If you don't wanna spend in my room, that's fine, but you can't have your cake and eat it.

With the token visibility thing, I think a nice compromise that all sites could meet in the middle with would be colour banding but simpler (maybe 3 bands: $0, $1-99 and $100+ worth of tokens) and updated monthly based on spending habits or something. Then we'd all be happier! (Except for those on both sides who take advantage of abusing the current systems!)

I don't know if you realize this or not but this comes off as "yeah I'm a patron of sex sites but I totally disagree with all of their tactics that remind me they want to earn money."
I did not, and that was not my intention. I will review our exchange to see how it comes off like that, maybe something was lost in translation.

@NotYou

Re: (I am thinking CB or SC here - CB when a guy is purple for instance. On CB I have kept my colour as "light blue" for years and years), but I still will never understand why any model needs to see when the user is online or was previously online.

That light blue doesn't do much good hiding token balances. We know if you have more tokens or less tokens than we do and can transfer tokens to cash to get a better idea of where you are compared to us. All it hides is how frequently you tip. ;) Just thought you should know that if you don't already.
I will say, I do not hide my color on CB, but sometimes I have thought about it, because I think every day I'm online, I get a DM (Not a PM) from a model that is sitting in other models rooms, and I do believe this might be from the color of the user, or the simply write to EVERYONE (have not tested this with my other accounts) - but I also figured it's SUPER easy to just ignore the people that use this strategy :p

if I'm in a models room for any prolonged time, I don't give a damn if she knows how many tokens are in my account, I VERY rarely visit new rooms, and the ones I frequent in know it doesn't mean jack shit what's in the account currently anyways :)))

I will say, I do not hide my color on CB, but sometimes I have thought about it, because I think every day I'm online, I get a DM (Not a PM) from a model that is sitting in other models rooms, and I do believe this might be from the color of the user, or the simply write to EVERYONE (have not tested this with my other accounts) - but I also figured it's SUPER easy to just ignore the people that use this strategy :p

if I'm in a models room for any prolonged time, I don't give a damn if she knows how many tokens are in my account, I VERY rarely visit new rooms, and the ones I frequent in know it doesn't mean jack shit what's in the account currently anyways :)))

A lot, usually studio models, target light purple and dark purple users.

damn bb....i bet those farts smell like bacon bits.

I lost it so much, I peed a little.

Well that's annoying... I love bacon and the smell. Glad I don't buy it too regularly otherwise this would ruin it (actually. I doubt it ever could. Bacon is too delicious)

• Funny!
Reactions: Ozzie_

As we have already established in another thread regarding the ability to DM on Chaturbate -- you've either tipped her that day, are a fan club member or a supporter account on CB. If she's DM'ing you every day...you guys just really need to stop with supporter accounts. It doesn't really benefit anyone, when you take into consideration the vast amount of disrespect it allows.

Apologies for the double post

It seems like if you guys would just pry yourselves out of our lives you'd be a lot happier. Familiarity breeds contempt. Maybe not from your side but her's.

Tip when you want, don't when you don't want to but stop with all of the excuses. And no they are not reasons.

Reactions: Lilly_____
As we have already established in another thread regarding the ability to DM on Chaturbate -- you've either tipped her that day, are a fan club member or a supporter account on CB. If she's DM'ing you every day...you guys just really need to stop with supporter accounts. It doesn't really benefit anyone, when you take into consideration the vast amount of disrespect it allows.

Not trying to open a can of worms here, but I can confirm I’ve gotten DMs on Chaturbate from models just because I entered their rooms for 15-20 seconds to see if I wanted to stay.

I’m not a CB supporter, hadn’t left them a tip, and certainly didn’t join their fan clubs, but they were still able to DM me after I left their rooms. This happened as recently as 3 days ago.

That being said, CB seems glitchy lately. Maybe it’s not supposed to be possible, and via some technical issue, it is.

Not trying to open a can of worms here, but I can confirm I’ve gotten DMs on Chaturbate from models just because I entered their rooms for 15-20 seconds to see if I wanted to stay.

I’m not a CB supporter, hadn’t left them a tip, and certainly didn’t join their fan clubs, but they were still able to DM me after I left their rooms. This happened as recently as 3 days ago.

That being said, CB seems glitchy lately. Maybe it’s not supposed to be possible, and via some technical issue, it is.
No you haven't

I don't know why anyone of you insist that we don't know who we are

We know how our rooms work, you trying to convince us otherwise is mean.

I don't know why anyone of you insist that we don't know who we are

We know how our rooms work, you trying to convince us otherwise is mean.

I don't want to be a dick but I will show you that we CAN send DMs and we do also receive them too.
I remember going into a model's room I had not been to before, a few days ago, and just as I left I saw the DM popup - clearly she had opened the window for my PM/DM before I had left.
She literally just wrote 1 word, and I ignored it (didn't reply to it as I had no intention of going back - it wasn't a room for me).

Anyway, I just looked at my DMs and I can see her message is still there BUT all of my previous DMs have vanished, and I had about 10 (3 or 4 of which I am good "friends" and a regular with.
I will firstly also clarify, I am NOT a CB Supporter status, and I have not been for 6+ months.

So, I opened my DMs, I saw it was empty except for the model who messaged me 4 days ago.
I tested it by just replying to it to see if it would send or if it'd say "You need to be a supporter, fan member etc". My message was sent fine with no errors.
I tried to search for another model I had been talking to in PM tonight (I am a regular with her for a few years). It doesn't find her name when I search it in the DM section, so I went to her profile and clicked on the "send DM" button, it worked fine from there, and now in the second screenshot you can see her name in the list too (she is the top one).

Both allowed me to send to them without being a fan club member or a supporter/VIP member.

As you can see from the dates, one model's DM was from 4 days ago, and the other model I am a regular with, last sent me a DM on 16th June, so almost 2 months ago.
Click the images for full-size.

cb-dm-no-supporter.pngcb-dm-no-supporter2.png

No you haven't

I don’t know what you think I’m gaining from lying about this, but I’m literally staring right at a DM window full of unsolicited contacts on CB from models I’ve never tipped. And I’ve never paid for supporter status either.

Not trying to be mean, but I’m telling you, this is the truth. I’m not even saying you’re wrong about the rule. I’m just saying somehow, some way, these DMs materialized in my window without me tipping those models.

I don't want to be a dick but I will show you that we CAN send DMs and we do also receive them too.
I remember going into a model's room I had not been to before, a few days ago, and just as I left I saw the DM popup - clearly she had opened the window for my PM/DM before I had left.
She literally just wrote 1 word, and I ignored it (didn't reply to it as I had no intention of going back - it wasn't a room for me).

Anyway, I just looked at my DMs and I can see her message is still there BUT all of my previous DMs have vanished, and I had about 10 (3 or 4 of which I am good "friends" and a regular with.
I will firstly also clarify, I am NOT a CB Supporter status, and I have not been for 6+ months.

So, I opened my DMs, I saw it was empty except for the model who messaged me 4 days ago.
I tested it by just replying to it to see if it would send or if it'd say "You need to be a supporter, fan member etc". My message was sent fine with no errors.
I tried to search for another model I had been talking to in PM tonight (I am a regular with her for a few years). It doesn't find her name when I search it in the DM section, so I went to her profile and clicked on the "send DM" button, it worked fine from there, and now in the second screenshot you can see her name in the list too (she is the top one).

Both allowed me to send to them without being a fan club member or a supporter/VIP member.

As you can see from the dates, one model's DM was from 4 days ago, and the other model I am a regular with, last sent me a DM on 16th June, so almost 2 months ago.
Click the images for full-size.

View attachment 97275View attachment 97276
I think there's a time cut off for when you can send someone a dm, I have dm's that I cant reply to the model that sent them because it says you need the supporter account etc. Unless your within that time frame the model has to start the DM first if you are not a supporter / tipped etc etc.

Also how did you find the DM screen? I had never seen that before (literally only found it now from the chaturbate.com/dm/ in the url in your screenshot )

Unless your within that time frame the model has to start the DM first if you are not a supporter / tipped etc etc.

Ok, so that must be what’s happening in my case (models being able to initiate the DM even if the member hasn’t tipped them and isn’t a supporter). Good to know.

I think there's a time cut off for when you can send someone a dm, I have dm's that I cant reply to the model that sent them because it says you need the supporter account etc. Unless your within that time frame the model has to start the DM first if you are not a supporter / tipped etc etc.

Also how did you find the DM screen? I had never seen that before (literally only found it now from the chaturbate.com/dm/ in the url in your screenshot )

When you click the message icon and you can see the list of the messages/conversations, look on the title bar to the right side (highlighted in green below). Click it, and voila. it makes it all so much easier having it in a new popup window

dmfullopen.png

If there is a cut-off point, I wonder what it is. That one I messaged today was just under 2 months, maybe it's 3 months?

When you click the message icon and you can see the list of the messages/conversations, look on the title bar to the right side (highlighted in green below). Click it, and voila. it makes it all so much easier having it in a new popup window

View attachment 97278

If there is a cut-off point, I wonder what it is. That one I messaged today was just under 2 months, maybe it's 3 months?
The newest one I had was April, and that had the you need to be a supporter on it. Months seems like a long time, would would have thought that the limit would have been a couple of days of inactivity

I don’t know what you think I’m gaining from lying about this, but I’m literally staring right at a DM window full of unsolicited contacts on CB from models I’ve never tipped. And I’ve never paid for supporter status either.

Not trying to be mean, but I’m telling you, this is the truth. I’m not even saying you’re wrong about the rule. I’m just saying somehow, some way, these DMs materialized in my window without me tipping those models.
I stopped getting unsolicited DM's from models by having a room password (not a fan club member of the models or a cb supporter), most of the time I get spam when I spend a little more than average, it also stopped me getting unwanted followers.

I'm not sure what you mean but I get messages from models I have not ever visited, tipped, definetly not a fan club member of, and I'm not a supporter account on CB atm and I still get it.. if you mean THEY have supporter account, sure I guess? but I doubt they spend the money on that somehow..

can honestly say if models aren't supposed to be able to DM us without having us tipping or so.. something is broken and they have found a way around this, because this is NOT the case

and I have never said anything about I do not tip etc.. as I said, it doesn't matter what's in the account when I join a room does it? because you can just instantly add tokens if you feel like something is my point.

Reactions: Highlander884

View attachment 97278

This is your answer to that question, you had been talking in PM tonight, PM privileges transfer to DM privileges. The cut-off point is much less, between 7-14 days in my experience.

I get messages from models I have not ever visited, tipped, definetly not a fan club member of, and I'm not a supporter account on CB atm and I still get it.. if you mean THEY have supporter account, sure I guess? but I doubt they spend the money on that somehow..
I am thinking that depends on how aggressive their poaching efforts are...$19,95 a month for a supporter membership, if you are a model/studio that has an aggressive poaching policy, if you get Wuggie to part with 400 tokens the membership is paid, beyond 400 tokens is a gain

Just to back up that I'm often getting direct messages from models I do not follow. I think they're following me though.
I'm not with supporting account for cb but I have joined a couple of girls fanclubs but they're not the ones who r sending me messages while in other ladies rooms!

I'm moving on from the DM/PM conversation, just because it's exhausting and my brain is tired.

That said, this charming soul turned up today:
jibbles2 tipped 1 token -- i want you so much female

cootercravin (0) keeping yourself fit :) very sexy !
Notice: ~~~ Have fun, chat, be nice!! ~~~
ME: Keeping yourself token free, very thrifty