AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Time wasters , Scammers and cheap men

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2021
I have been camming for about a month now and I’ve noticed that when I get a private request on the site, the men try their best to cum fast and end the private as quickly as possible, Because they’re getting charges by the minute. But when I do Skype / Instagram shows, I charge them a flat rate and they take their precious time cumming lol 😂…. And because I experienced that, I went up on my prices for Skype shows. I learned my lesson for being cheap. Does anyone else notice that men do that too???? Especially if your prices aren’t that high.

Personally I am more interested in watching the model cum. And I often spend 20 or more minutes in pvt especially if the model wants to chat. My longest was two hours with a model. But usually 20 - 30 minutes. And I tip in addition to the per minute rate. But I can understand some guys just wanting to nut and leave.

It sounds like your first month of camming attracted the wrong people. Maybe start a new account and try again? Utilize the "new model" tag to finds a new audience. Not all members are like that, and having an attitude of "all men suck" isn't a healthy way to attract new members. (Well unless you go the femdom route, I guess.)

It sounds like your first month of camming attracted the wrong people. Maybe start a new account and try again? Utilize the "new model" tag to finds a new audience. Not all members are like that, and having an attitude of "all men suck" isn't a healthy way to attract new members. (Well unless you go the femdom route, I guess.)

Simmer down. Lol. She didn't say that "All men suck." She's just venting about something that happens to lots of other cam models too. And no, she does not need to make a new account and start over. She should read other threads on here, and get herself verified as a model so that she can join the Models Only section of the forum...where she can feel welcome to vent away without being judged for it.

And YES, Trina...this happens to lots of other models too. It's not just you. There's a whole thread on here called 'Things Members Say That Make You Go WTF?" Lol. And in the Models Only section we have a similar version of that thread.

Last edited:
Simmer down. Lol. She didn't say that "All men suck." She's just venting about something that happens to lots of other cam models too. And no, she does not need to make a new account and start over. She should read other threads on here, and get herself verified as a model so that she can join the Models Only section of the forum...where she can feel welcome to vent away without being judged for it.

And YES, Trina...this happens to lots of other models too. It's not just you.
Maybe it was a translation error, but the fact that she repeatedly says men and not member paints a different picture for me. 🤷

She's only been camming for a month, and clearly doesn't like the followers she's gained since she started. I don't think starting again would be that big of a deal for a new model.

Maybe it was a translation error, but the fact that she repeatedly says men and not member paints a different picture for me. 🤷

She's only been camming for a month, and clearly doesn't like the followers she's gained since she started. I don't think starting again would be that big of a deal for a new model.

Probably because most of the people she gets in her room are men. I say "dudes" and "men" a lot on here, because most of the people I interact with in chatrooms are guys. It's really not that serious. Again, what she's venting about is normal. I post on two different camgirl forums, and long-time models vent about some of this stuff too. You just don't see those posts because you're here in the public section. Telling a one month old model to "start over" with a new account, just because she's frustrated with the guys in her chat doesn't really make sense. And it'll probably annoy the people who run the site...as well as your regulars who've already added/favorited you. Lol. She needs to keep at it, and have some patience. Her followers will grow, and not all of them will be time wasters and cheap dudes.

Back in the day, a lot of us MyFreeCams models were guilty of doing this thing where we'd close our account so we could "start over" fresh with a new camscore of 1,000. Lol. After doing this so many times, MFC finally caught on to what us low camscore models were doing, and they told us nah, we can't just keep "starting over" every time we don't like how low our camscore is. Just work at improving your cam score.

She said that she's decided to raise her rates, and I say good for her, and hope that helps weed out some of the cheapos. Charging bargain basement prices often attracts some of the worst men...rude...cheap...demanding...begging.

She said that she's decided to raise her rates, and I say good for her, and hope that helps weed out some of the cheapos. Charging bargain basement prices often attracts some of the worst men...rude...cheap...demanding...begging.
I actually agree with this part. It used to be so frustrating tipping big for shows only for the model to be whisked away by some dude for 20 minutes who tipped a total of like 150 tokens. I actively avoid those 6 token a minute private models for that reason.

I have been camming for about a month now and I’ve noticed that when I get a private request on the site, the men try their best to cum fast and end the private as quickly as possible, Because they’re getting charges by the minute. But when I do Skype / Instagram shows, I charge them a flat rate and they take their precious time cumming lol 😂…. And because I experienced that, I went up on my prices for Skype shows. I learned my lesson for being cheap. Does anyone else notice that men do that too???? Especially if your prices aren’t that high.

You will get this even after years of cammimg . so just set up your boundaries and standards and stick to it. Over time you will find serious men that does not mind to spend and enjoy and make you feel like a queen.

I don't do privates very often, maybe once a fortnight. That's because I found the most amazing model who I have so much fun with, that I tip so much, tokens seem to escape me like leaves dropping off a tree on a windy fall day. Needs careful budgeting for :)
But when I first signed up on CB years ago, I did not really 'get' the etiquette of tipping extra in a private, and later cringed when I understood.
So maybe at least some of those users you've interacted with are just new and inexperienced, rather than cheap.

Last edited:
The viewers who try to rush a private - or even worse who try to negotiate with you in advance for an extremely short private - are exactly the ones who are recording you and sharing your videos on trading sites. I have seen it repeatedly, and it is one big reason why using a very low private rate as the default is almost always a mistake.

In my opinion, models are better off using a high per-minute private rate as the default, and if you are so inclined to lower the rate, only do that for your very best customers. People who send you money repeatedly and show good behavior consistently are much less likely to be the characters who will betray you. The viewers who come out of nowhere and try to get you to do the most explicit show possible for five minutes are the ones you should never trust.

Scammers, time wasters and cheapskates generally prey on newer models because they believe that since the model is new she will be naïve and won't know any better and they can get away with their terrible behavior, whereas a more seasoned model would more than likely either ignore or ban right away.

Creating a new profile and getting the new model tag again will just make this happen again. Imo, it's much better to just keep your rates raised, like you're already doing, and to also just keep on streaming from the same account and building up your following there. Also, set an alarm for Skype shows. If they pay for 20 minutes, then they get 20 minutes. If they didn't cum in that time, oh well, that's their fault, not yours. It's been years since I've done a Skype show, but I'll tell ya, it's extremely rare that a guy will actually be like "hey, my time is up". The only time I ever had someone do that, it was a submissive guy. But most guys, even some of the well intentioned ones, will overstay if you allow them.

And YES, Trina...this happens to lots of other models too. It's not just you. There's a whole thread on here called 'Things Members Say That Make You Go WTF?" Lol. And in the Models Only section we have a similar version of that thread.
Thank you 😊 I’ll go ahead and verify myself as a cam model

I don’t dislike my followers hun. I have gained plenty of good regulars over a month. The guys I were referring to are not my regulars.

Scammers, time wasters and cheapskates generally prey on newer models because they believe that since the model is new she will be naïve and won't know any better and they can get away with their terrible behavior, whereas a more seasoned model would more than likely either ignore or ban right away.

Creating a new profile and getting the new model tag again will just make this happen again. Imo, it's much better to just keep your rates raised, like you're already doing, and to also just keep on streaming from the same account and building up your following there. Also, set an alarm for Skype shows. If they pay for 20 minutes, then they get 20 minutes. If they didn't cum in that time, oh well, that's their fault, not yours. It's been years since I've done a Skype show, but I'll tell ya, it's extremely rare that a guy will actually be like "hey, my time is up". The only time I ever had someone do that, it was a submissive guy. But most guys, even some of the well intentioned ones, will overstay if you allow them.
Yes I totally agree! When I do Skype shows I use to charge them per time block on a 15, 30 and 60 min timeframe. $25, $50, $100 …. Since I had so many men go over their time, I decided to just charged a flat rate of $75…so whether it’s 5min, 20min, 49 min they’re going to pay me $75.

The majority of cam viewers identity as men or are male presenting. I'm sure op wasn't generalizing all men.

What OP is experiencing is very common for new models. They need to learn and create boundaries and stick to them. Creating a new profile only keeps a target on your back for predatory members. Also lots of sites don't allow already verified models to create new accounts. If they do want to create a new account, it should be for another site they plan to add to their egg basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.