AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tipped me 25 "just so I can downvote"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2021
I'm relatively new to camming and don't know the ins and outs very well just yet. On chaturbate.

2 people got really rude because I wasn't responding to their PMs (I just like to talk to general chat tbh). And ganged up and said "ya ur giving attention to greys and not ACTUAL tippers" (i don't even have grey chats visible and was getting tips but go off I guess)

ANYWAY this guy said "tipping just to downvote you" like jesus has this happened to anyone else? I'm so sensitive I had to step away and tear up a little lmao.

Thankfully, a lot of others were being very nice and telling me THEY were being rude, not me. Am I missing something? Like some sort of PM etiquette that i'm ignoring?

I think in most rooms I've been in, there have been at some point or another...
1.) People complaining about their PMs not being answered fast enough.
2.) People getting salty in pub chat about something they want that the model won't do for whatever reason. They often throw around insults, saying 'this is a scam', or some other rude remarks. While the specific remarks may be temporary, the attitude tends to be chronic. Note that too much of this can bring down the mood of the room, so it's up to you how you want to handle it.

It's up to you how to run your room, plus it sounds like you're answering PMs as best as you can. I don't see an issue from your end based on what you described. Turns out, a lot of horny dudes don't have much in the ways of patience, surprise surprise lol.

The other thing I'd mention is that it's absolutely impossible to please everyone you'd like to. A bunch of downvotes is one thing, but I've seen a model dip into the 'caution: low satisfaction rating' state due to being non-nude and being overwhelmed by PMs, only to bounce back and grow to a decent size lobby over time (hitting up to a regular 2000 ppl now even with being in private most of the day). You got to have a thick skin and brush off the inevitable asshats in the room, since you're in it for the long term! :)

I'm relatively new to camming and don't know the ins and outs very well just yet. On chaturbate.

2 people got really rude because I wasn't responding to their PMs (I just like to talk to general chat tbh). And ganged up and said "ya ur giving attention to greys and not ACTUAL tippers" (i don't even have grey chats visible and was getting tips but go off I guess)

ANYWAY this guy said "tipping just to downvote you" like jesus has this happened to anyone else? I'm so sensitive I had to step away and tear up a little lmao.

Thankfully, a lot of others were being very nice and telling me THEY were being rude, not me. Am I missing something? Like some sort of PM etiquette that i'm ignoring?

That was something that used to drive me bonkers on Chaturbate. As soon as you start broadcasting...here comes people talking about "PM, bb." OMG, a lot of those guys wanna PM sooo bad, and then all they're saying is "Hi, bb. You're sexy. Where from?" Stuff they could be saying in the public chat. Smh. On MFC I have it set to where they can't even PM me unless they're on my friends list (I only have a few people on this list). If someone says they want to discuss a private show with me, I'll temporarily add them to my friends list so that they can PM me about it. So you're gonna sit there and NOT tip me or take me private, and expect me to have a one-on-one private chat with you (for free) when I should be paying attention to the public chat? I don't think so.....

Sorry to hear that the troll really got to you. BAN trolls. I had a troll on MFC once named King_____, and he was intentionally trying to hurt my MFC camscore by tipping me 1-token (That thing about 1-token tips hurting your camscore is a MYTH, fool)...when all he was doing was putting another 5 cents in my pocket. Lol.

As for the upvote and downvote feature on CB...just like the 'rate and admire' feature on MFC...I find it useless. I think on Chaturbate I had it set to where I couldn't even see how many downvotes I had, because I don't need that kind of negativity. Lol. And having a lot of thumb down votes doesn't mean you suck. I guess that feature was intended so other viewers can get an idea of whether or not that model is "recommended" or not? Lol. But I find it kind of pointless, because of course rude, demanding, cheapasses who don't get their way are gonna hit the thumb down button. You will come across a lot of butthurt guys on these cam sites, who actually believe a cam model is "supposed to do what you tell her." *Sigh* LiveJasmin may allow that kind of fuckery (from what I've heard), but on other sites YOU are calling the shots. Absolutely don't tolerate b.s. from people who are intentionally making you feel bad.

Hi yoyoyo,

I get guys like this all the time! It can be very scary and unnerving at first.
They go room to room saying/doing the same thing to get a rise out of people.
When I was new I got it a lot more, and they would "team up" to "put pressure on me." It's very disturbing.

I showed I was privy to what they were doing, and they stopped.

Good customers KNOW that these types exist. That's why most models have some downvotes.
I promise you it doesn't affect tips or anything. :)

If you show you are not only unbothered by, but can LAUGH at them?
Or worse, flip their techniques on them, and use it to your advantage ?
They leave, confused and shook.
They don't expect my responses and it freaks them out :)

Last time somebody tried that?

Me (outloud) :

"Great! Thank you DownVoteGuyWith25Tokens for tipping just to leave me a thumbs down. You must really care
about me to take the time to do that for me.

I need more downvotes again to tell you the truth. I have had people
assume I'm a fake video loop scam because my satisfaction score was so high.

You saved my camming career, downvote guy!

Thank you!!

Hey guys, this dude tipped just to thumbs me
down and give me a more realistic score , isn't that thoughtful of him? He's clearly my biggest fan here!

He LEFT (before my room full of caring tippers could respond to him ) and didn't downvote!
Actually, several other people UPVOTED!
If you show that you don't care and that they can't hurt you. they'll move on.
I then blocked that name after my show btw...if somebody shows they are going to be disrespectful, they don't get to come back.

Trolls only have the power we give them. I love trolls now because they fuel my room and I can banter with them.
However, this took months to get to that point (see my old thread panicking about my score.)
Some very interesting things happen when you have a sense of humor with it. :)

PS score doesn't matter -I had a LOT of downvotes during some of my best camming days (literally all guys like this)
Also, can cam-sites remove intentional downvotes/ban the people who do it?
It seems like guys who do that are mis-using the system.

Anyway things will be ok. I'm so sorry that happened and good vibes to you :h:

Last edited:
Charge for PMs. If they refuse to pay ignore them. If they keep begging then silence them.
This. Even if it is a small charge, under 10tk, it defers most of the "hi bb where from" timewasters.

If you are still getting lots of requests - up the price until the requests are at a manageable level.

When people ask for a PM, easy to say, sure its X tk for a pm, but chat is free in public. :)

Take the 25 tokens, then shrug it off. They might not even know it but cb does not let the same users give a downvote every day anymore, only every 60 or 90 days. They could do this every day and spend the 25 tokens with no effect at all. For one downvoting troll you'll easily find two or three or more users who will upvote you.

I don't do PMs at all unless I'm scheduling a private. I have it in my bio that I don't do them. When people ask, I refer to my bio. Back when I was new, I occasionally wrote PMs. People would tip, send me a PM, and then beg me to PM them. They would nearly always write something that they could've just written in public chat or in a tip note. For me, PMs are an absolute waste of time so I refuse to do them. Don't feel like you have to do PMs just because other people do and are successful with it. You are unique and your room is unique. If you don't want to do something, don't do it. Just add something in your bio about it, tell people that you don't do PMs, then refer people to your bio.

With regards to the downvotes, as others said, it's to be expected. Some people feel so entitled and expect you to give them the world for their $1. I know, it sucks. I still remember my first downvote and I also cried. It still bothers me a little when I get them. I so wish CB required a reason for downvoting someone and/or gave the user's name so that you might be able to pinpoint the problem. A downvote isn't real feedback. Anyway, just try to not let it bother you and recognize that in any business, there are bound to be some people who aren't happy. All you can do is continue to provide the services you do provide best you know how and move on.

Hi yoyoyo,

When I was new I got it a lot more, and they would "team up" to "put pressure on me." It's very disturbing.

Good customers KNOW that these types exist. That's why most models have some downvotes.

If you show you are not only unbothered by, but can LAUGH at them?

This really is the best policy, if you can just laugh and thank them, they really hate that and it decreases the chances of them doing it to the next model.

Reactions: Kiki Jane
I charge 16tkns for PM conversation which is pretty cheap I think even in a quiet room like mine. I would increase it if my room every got busy with chatty users. I only charge 4tkns if they want to discuss a private show. If they can't/won't pay 4tkns that then they sure as hell can't afford to take me prviate lol.

Reactions: ForumPoster
once upon a time I just turned the option off.
but, you can't do this, if it's not shown, it's anyway taken in account to alert users when the down % is high
a supporter member can always open a PM with the model without asking before.

I agree totally that it's rude and member who insists to have attention with no tip should be banned fast... before he can tip to downvote

Reactions: mike_aussie
Take the 25 tokens, then shrug it off. They might not even know it but cb does not let the same users give a downvote every day anymore, only every 60 or 90 days. They could do this every day and spend the 25 tokens with no effect at all. For one downvoting troll you'll easily find two or three or more users who will upvote you.

Really? This is news to me! :jawdrop: That's a good change then.

• Helpful!
  • Hugs
Reactions: ava1992 and DoD404
Do you know if the same applies to upvotes as well?
I was wondering if me doing a daily upvote in a room actually helps at all.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Wouldn't make much sense if only downvotes worked once a month (or whatever the waiting period is), so I would assume upvotes work the same way.
Well, I was thinking that maybe there was possibly some logic of something like "if you downvote, you likely are displeased and won't come back to the room," so there would be less of a point in downvoting twice consecutively apart from trying to purposely hurt the ratio.

However, a person who upvotes is more likely to be a regular of the room. Hence, it's less likely a purposeful attempt to skew the ratio and more likely actually being satisfied with the room.

I don't have CB specific advice or anything, but I find whenever you're new on any platform or running a new profile on a platform, you will get an influx of the losers and trolls that everybody else has banned already :) After a short while, you will likely find that your audience is way, way more polite!

Do you know if the same applies to upvotes as well?
I was wondering if me doing a daily upvote in a room actually helps at all.

According to the pop-up info: "The data is updated once per day and is based on votes in the last 90 days."

I don’t know why people see the need to do that, I know of a situation where a user keeps on making new accounts to tip a model 25 tokens just to give her a thumbs down. This has been going on a few months and he is still doing it, she has now something like 12 thumbs down. He is also doing it to her friends as well.

I have messaged CB support on this issue multiple times and I see no progress in the situation. Her satisfaction rating is now something like 91% when it should be 100%. She has some loyal fans that try to keep it up but when she is having a good day he always try’s to ruin the party.

Does this affect cam placement?

Also, can cam-sites remove intentional downvotes/ban the people who do it?
I would like to know this also, and I would think if CB would do this it would stop the user from coming back, because he will see his efforts aren’t working.

You do have to keep strong in these situations and ignore these people, but I think CB has to do their part on banning these individuals.
I think that will be a good improvement to CB if models could request if their satisfaction scores where looked into and the ratings deleted when they are not valid

Hi yoyoyo,

This. As I've wandered from room to room, I can't tell you how many times I've seen the same people doing the same whining and complaining in different model rooms. Almost verbatim. I'm not sure what the decorum allows for, but there have been so many times I've been tempted to call out someone as an asshole for their cheap ass attempts to intimidate a model.

Personally, I look at low CB ratings the same way I look at restaurant reviews, there's always a few jerks who will find a reason to complain. And often that reason has everything to do with their own unwarranted sense of self importance and their attempt to "be important."

It doesn't affect cam placement but if it dips below 65% users get a warning: "WARNING: This room has a low satisfaction rating. TIP AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

I think it appears even if the rating has been disabled by the model.
I can confirm the warning message does appear even if the ratio visibility is disabled by the model (even if the members can't see the ratio). I've seen it once before.

After camming for some time, I decided to focus more on enjoying my time on camera
than a rating. Customers watching the show will tip if they like it. If not, they'll leave.
They don't just sit there going "oh no, she only has 95%, and 25TokenMan thumbsed down. I'm gone now."
They know we are people too. And people aren't perfect.

The thing that I realized? Even a "warning pop-up" isn't going to stop somebody who really wants to tip.
If a model looks absolutely gorgeous and a big spender wants to make her smile, he isn't going to care
if a dialogue box warns him.

In the long run, tippers will tip. Often times not for anything back, just to see a beautiful woman be happy. ;)
Models who really are causing problems not only will get low ratings,
chances are they won't last camming & will quit anyway (or they'll get banned I imagine. )

Models who do this for a career like me? I imagine they would find a solution to a (probably undeserved) low score.
So if they do it to pay their bills, chances are they'll find a work-around to it and succeed anyway.
A good model WILL make money with or without a low rating....and then chances are that low rating will then go away.

Personally, I would work at building regulars who will tip anyway if that were me.

Maybe later on those regulars would start thumbsing-up if they liked my shows! (I would feel weird asking for them to.)
Then eventually people would start seeing the score change.

Like most
commission-based jobs, those who can pay their bills at it
and build a base of regulars are usually the ones that provide quality
shows and customer service.

It's like a club environment- problematic people often can't sustain an income at the job, or they end up getting fired.

And as somebody else mentioned, it really is impossible to make all viewers happy 100% of the time.

:h:

Last edited:
WARNING: This room has a low satisfaction rating. TIP AT YOUR OWN RISK!"
I would love to see a model get this warning, brand around it & have fun.
This has probably been said before (and all credit to those who posted before me :h: ) , but it's always good
to put a twist on the situations that arise with camming.

Camming really is almost like an X-rated TV show.
We all have a "storyline" especially those that stream frequently.
You can brand anything creatively, and use it to create curiosity. (which gets people to click.)

This creates viewers, which over time, would likely convert to tippers.
I bet at least one person would have a sense of humor out there and click.

If it ever happens to me:

Room subject: WARNING: TIP ME AT YOUR OWN RISK. Want to find out why? ;) (and when they ask,
make the reply sexy)

Or : It's risky to tip me...& I'm a risk worth taking. ;)

& Dice roll : bad prizes dice ! (with some 'bad prizes' including 'ignore you' 'put clothes back on' 'just really weird view of my chin and shoulders for 30 minutes' 'take a break' 'start random PM conversation with somebody else.')
bad prizes wheel: 'Say something rude' '"Ask for tips passive aggressively" "Detach webcam and just use laptop cam 20 minutes" 'Literally do nothing" 'etc
(note, these would be like maybe 20-25tk really cheap just funny prizes.)

^ Note: I feel like I have seen this somewhere and I love it.
More humor on cam sites please.

:h: & good vibes to all
Ava

Last edited:
& Dice roll : bad prizes dice ! (with some 'bad prizes' including 'ignore you' 'put clothes back on' 'just really weird view of my chin and shoulders for 30 minutes' 'take a break' 'start random PM conversation with somebody else.')
bad prizes wheel: 'Say something rude' '"Ask for tips passive aggressively" "Detach webcam and just use laptop cam 20 minutes" 'Literally do nothing" 'etc
(note, these would be like maybe 20-25tk really cheap just funny prizes.)

^ Note: I feel like I have seen this somewhere and I love it.
More humor on cam sites please.

:h: & good vibes to all
Ava
"bad prizes dice" I'm stealing this 😂💙

Nice! ;D I think I saw it somewhere tbh. That concept popped into my head when I read this.
I can't find where, but if I do, I can link back to it in a future post.
It was hilarious and I think could make for a really good show :D

All credit to those online, especially every model here,
who came before me & inspired me. I feel that much like any online writing,
I should cite my sources properly! I learned everything I know about camming
from camming itself, and from reading online during the 2020 pandemic . So a lot of my thoughts are based
off what I learned reading others' experiences (and sharing that experience going through it as well), or from things people said to me in the chat room.

Most of what I personally think of has been inspired by hours of research in my field of choice, webcam modeling .
So I don't think I was the first to come up with this. Nor will I be the last lol. And that's ok. :)

My twist on it would be to have some good prizes in there too, but just fun non-nude things that are easy
to do quickly. That way it's not crazy af if a lot of people roll at once. It can be as part of a goal countdown that doesn't interrupt the goal process.
With an "unlucky number" for the goal haha.

(Maybe 'good prizes' for a solo female could be like 20-60 seconds of twerk, feet up close, dance, clothed tease from the back, legs tease, lovense vibe, etc?)
I am not sure what guys do for their dice / wheel prizes . Though I would love to hear! Maybe things like shirt off quickly, muscle flex etc.

and don't ACTUALLY mess up the angle for a half hour lol , just do it on and off in a funny way for that time.

:h:
Ava

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.