AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips for Camming When You Have a Roommate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2019
Does anyone have experience with camming while having a roommate and not wanting her/him to find out? I am at the point in my life where I'm ready to make a big move, which is to move to a place I've always wanted to go to but as you can imagine it's pricey so I will need to get a roommate to start off with. I don't want to sign a lease for anything until I get more familiar with the area...etc.. I found a roommate that seems really mature and friendly and has a nice decent sized room for rent in her apartment. I know it would be possible to cam in that room, it's not a big room but it's not small either and there is a bit of a "hall way" to the entrance of the room when you open the door so if ever I felt worried about someone opening the door I could always put a room divider right there so they'd literally have to say something before moving it which would give me time to put everything away before they see anything or get ideas..

I'm mostly worried about the roommate hearing me talk and hearing things that I say and kind of catch on to what I'm doing... It's a female so if she did find out I don't think it would be much of a deal and she probably wouldn't even say anything to me cause she'd feel shy or embarrassed but obviously everyone is different and she could take it really badly if she found out and decide to kick me out or something so I really want to do everything I can to avoid it from happening.

I know playing music to "cover" my voice or words would help a lot but do you have any other tips?

Also just out of curiosity, have you ever had someone find out and say something and what happened?

Thanks so much loves! xoxo

Wait, does the room not have a lock? Also while music helps turning it can only go so far tbh. I think what it will really come down to is the layout of the apartment, how good or bad the walls are at transmitting sound, and where things are positioned on either ends of the walls. There are definitely things you could do to a room to reduce the amount of sound that leaks out, but that will entirely depends on the layout.

Reactions: lovelylady
I would cam as much as possible while you're roommate's at work/out of the house. If you have a different sleep schedule than her, you could quietly cam while she's sleeping too-just be very aware of how loudly you're talking because she'd probably get pissed if you accidentally woke her up by talking too loud (I'm guilty of having done this to my former roommate before.)

You can buy a noise cancelling machine and there are many ways to soundproof or lessen sounds in your room for cheap-I'm not very knowledgeable on this because luckily, the roommates I had knew I cammed and didn't care-I think I read something about egg cartons or foam and hanging a big, thick quilt or blanket on your wall? Just Google lessening noise or soundproofing your room.

Can you politely ask your roommate not to disturb you between certain hours? You could tell her you found a work from home job and you have a schedule that you have to follow-she doesn't need to know the details lol.

Also, lean as close as you can to the microphone or computer and talk as quietly as you can. I have a naturally loud voice and I tend to forget how loud I'm talking lol.

I tried a Muzo, and it did nothing for me.
White noise on the other hand, air conditioner, fan, music.
Noise dampening like black out curtains & acoustic panels can insulate.

It would be a lot easier if you find some one who's ok with you being a cam model.

The people I live with know that I cam, but I still like to avoid having them hear all of the associated sounds if possible. I ended up covering cam room walls with a couple layers of towels/blankets and that has significantly reduced the noise.

As scary as it might be, if I were you, I'd try to find a roommate that you'd be comfortable with telling them that you cam. It's easier to give a heads up in the beginning than it is to potentially have a really bad conversation about it if/when they find out in the future.

Thank you @sexyvanessa4u and @veggiebabyy great tips for the noise cancellation options I can try. It made me think about that those foam tiles that gamers or streamers put on the wall to cancel noise and apparently they really do help a ton so I'll look into that!

I had a video chat with the girl last night so I got to see the place in better detail and luckily the layout of the apartment helps a lot because the bedroom is in a hallway not far from the entrance, her room is in the same hallway but they're not across from each other or anything, there's still about a 6-7 feet separation between them and luckily both rooms are on different sides of the walls. and then the hallways continues on a bit before you enter the living room and kitchen area which is great because if she has friends or family over they would be hanging out in that area which is far from the entrance (where the room is). I also get the feeling that if she's doing anything other than sleeping she'll spend most of her days in the living room/kitchen area when she is not at work so it kind of gives me the option to have an open schedule if I feel comfortable working while she's around.

Also I agree I should probably tell her in case she does find out but at the same time I know I would always be feeling embarrassed coming out of my room like knowing that she knows what I'm up to in there... I mean I guess I could tell her in a way where it doesn't sound sexual...like I guess I could say that I have a few friends who live in a different country and we hangout on cam a lot so that if I happen to be camming while she's there maybe she'll just think like "oh right her friends" and not think anything more of it...

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
Get a bluetooth earpiece (a small one that fits in your ear) and talk super close to your mic. A sensitive one can even pick up whispers. Go into your computer settings and be sure the computer sounds are routing to the bluetooth and that way if a guy is doing cam2cam and moaning or there are tip sounds they go directly into your ear and nobody in the house hears but you.

Start gaming online. Another cam model gave me that advice once. If they hear you talking and getting excited they'll tune you out a little if they know or think you're gaming. Also, some of the weird stuff you say you can play off as trash talk etc.

But definitely agree with the others, it would be easiest to clear it with her first.

Status
Not open for further replies.