AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Token Manipulation?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
Today I was in the room of a model who was new to me. I looked at her room list and of the 37 people in her room, about 15 of them were other models who appeared to be just hanging out. The weird thing is that of the 15 models in her room, all but one was showing as a gray user. The one model who had a colored name was a light blue. Over the course of the next hour or so, some of these 15 models began to change colors from gray, to light blue, and some of them became dark blue in this same timeframe. I decided to open multiple tabs and see if they were interacting with other in public chat. None of them were. But over the next couple of hours, more and more of the original 15 models started becoming dark blue and a few even became purple. The thing is, none of these 15 models were receiving any incoming tips as indicated in the public chat window(s), so either they were tipping from banked tokens, or they were just recirculating tokens among themselves to boost their color status in an attempt to boost their own page rankings by being in each others rooms.

One of the 15 models even had 3 different usernames in one of the rooms(each username was broadcasting live from the same room), with each one having a gray username when I started watching, but by the end of the third hour, all 3 usernames were dark blue. It just seems odd that CB would allow the same model to be broadcasting on multiple accounts.

Is what I observed just a fluke with me not knowing all of the details, or does CB really allow this type of token sharing?

Reactions: Mila_
Today I was in the room of a model who was new to me. I looked at her room list and of the 37 people in her room, about 15 of them were other models who appeared to be just hanging out. The weird thing is that of the 15 models in her room, all but one was showing as a gray user. The one model who had a colored name was a light blue. Over the course of the next hour or so, some of these 15 models began to change colors from gray, to light blue, and some of them became dark blue in this same timeframe. I decided to open multiple tabs and see if they were interacting with other in public chat. None of them were. But over the next couple of hours, more and more of the original 15 models started becoming dark blue and a few even became purple. The thing is, none of these 15 models were receiving any incoming tips as indicated in the public chat window(s), so either they were tipping from banked tokens, or they were just recirculating tokens among themselves to boost their color status in an attempt to boost their own page rankings by being in each others rooms.

One of the 15 models even had 3 different usernames in one of the rooms(each username was broadcasting live from the same room), with each one having a gray username when I started watching, but by the end of the third hour, all 3 usernames were dark blue. It just seems odd that CB would allow the same model to be broadcasting on multiple accounts.

Is what I observed just a fluke with me not knowing all of the details, or does CB really allow this type of token sharing?
dont worry they still dont do much with all their effort .. you really care what a model with 30 users is doing? not like shes getting rich with her friends (models) support . Yes is alowed, as long noone lose tokens i dont see a problem ., Top models dont bother with this things while they have their room full and this kinda 30 users models do what they can do surrive ,so leave them alone , if you not working for FBI of cb :)

Reactions: GraysonDrake
Upvote 0
dont worry they still dont do much with all their effort .. you really care what a model with 30 users is doing? not like shes getting rich with her friends (models) support . Yes is alowed, as long noone lose tokens i dont see a problem ., Top models dont bother with this things while they have their room full and this kinda 30 users models do what they can do surrive ,so leave them alone , if you not working for FBI of cb :)
Oh wow. I'm not reporting them, nor do I really care what they are doing. I just thought it was odd that broadcasters would group together and do this as a way to gain an advantage. Especially if it is allowed by CB as you indicate in your reply. I just imagine how widespread this could become if studios grouped together and did this on a large scale. I wonder if CB would pay more attention then?

Upvote 0
Oh wow. I'm not reporting them, nor do I really care what they are doing. I just thought it was odd that broadcasters would group together and do this as a way to gain an advantage. Especially if it is allowed by CB as you indicate in your reply. I just imagine how widespread this could become if studios grouped together and did this on a large scale. I wonder if CB would pay more attention then?
this is happening since the first day of chaturbate to transfer tokens and if bringing us models only advantage and chaturbate not losing nothing then hope it will stay like this . Studios and models knows about this for 10 y, u dont tell us something new . chaturbate is amazing that let us share our toks , once they are ours we can do whatever we want with them . There are lots sharing accounts models or couples making lots tokens and having the chance to share their toks end of the day . There are also guys broadcasting getting toks to give them to female models , etcetc , really this algoritm you talking about is the last one someone cares about becouse good models that making most money on cb dont lose time with that ,and they are on first pages ,.the others u saw let them try to make few tks to eat, if they do something againt rules cb gonna bann them ..

Upvote 0
I dont know about this one, check their rank on cbhours I imagine it was still pretty far back on the list. I would assume its because darker colored names are more attention grabbing when they joining other rooms for advertising purposes but its really odd that 3 accounts of the same model broadcasting would sit in a room. There are systems in place that should minimize the positional ranking impact of something like this.

I don't think its allowed to cycle back and forth with an extra step to circumvent the built in protections for the purpose of changing name color but it doesn't sound like thats what they are doing since you didn't see them getting the tokens back.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
These are monitored studio accounts. its all about the "traffic". And no it hasn't always been like that. First when chaturbate changed their "traffic system" since annonymous and grays don't count towards the traffic anymore. Studio accounts appear greay colored as soon they cash out. Most of the Colombian Studios send these tokens to an non in Colombia located account, thats why some appear purple colored.

Upvote 0
I dont know about this one, check their rank on cbhours I imagine it was still pretty far back on the list. I would assume its because darker colored names are more attention grabbing when they joining other rooms for advertising purposes but its really odd that 3 accounts of the same model broadcasting would sit in a room. There are systems in place that should minimize the positional ranking impact of something like this.

I don't think its allowed to cycle back and forth with an extra step to circumvent the built in protections for the purpose of changing name color but it doesn't sound like thats what they are doing since you didn't see them getting the tokens back.
Since I saw no tipping going on in any of the rooms, is it safe to assume that broadcasters have a way to share/gift tokens to other broadcasters without using the "tipping" feature? I was under the impression that changing name color was a function of tipping amounts, where a user only gets the purple color after they have tipped 1000 tokens in total. So if no actual tipping is being done between them, there is most likely a single account that is receiving the tokens and then gifting them back out.

I don't know what you mean by "cycle back and forth with an extra step" Care to elaborate?

Upvote 0
Since I saw no tipping going on in any of the rooms, is it safe to assume that broadcasters have a way to share/gift tokens to other broadcasters without using the "tipping" feature? I was under the impression that changing name color was a function of tipping amounts, where a user only gets the purple color after they have tipped 1000 tokens in total. So if no actual tipping is being done between them, there is most likely a single account that is receiving the tokens and then gifting them back out.

I don't know what you mean by "cycle back and forth with an extra step" Care to elaborate?

but you said some of them were grey right, you can't have tokens and be grey and you can't receive tokens while broadcasting without showing them unless its purchased (which is unlikely since you cant go grey after purchasing tokens), maybe a subscription renewal like a fanclub or social media im not sure if a social media subscription renewal shows or not i dont think it does and the last one i can think of is tokens from that affiliate program that pays per signup. I can't think of another way but maybe i missed something.

nope

Upvote 0
but you said some of them were grey right, you can't have tokens and be grey and you can't receive tokens while broadcasting without showing them unless its purchased (which is unlikely since you cant go grey after purchasing tokens), maybe a subscription renewal like a fanclub or social media im not sure if a social media subscription renewal shows or not i dont think it does and the last one i can think of is tokens from that affiliate program that pays per signup. I can't think of another way but maybe i missed something.
I bolded the portion that made me make the OP. This is what I was thinking as well, but these broadcasters were showing as grey users and were at the bottom of the room user list. You can right click on a username now and it will show a stillframe at the top of their user info if they are broadcasting, so that is how I identified them as broadcasters. Once I had the tabs opened for all of the broadcasters, I simply cycled through all of the tabs hitting "reload page" for each one and this is when I began seeing the color changes from grey to light blue, dark blue and so forth over time. I guess there could be a new bug in the system that is causing this since they made their latest changes, but I'm not sure if the bug would would cause the color to change over such a long amount of time unless they were actually tipping someone somewhere.

ETA: If this is a new bug, I wonder if it's not inadvertently affecting page rankings/room placement if the system is indeed glitched like this.

Upvote 0
I simply cycled through all of the tabs hitting "reload page" for each one and this is when I began seeing the color changes from grey to light blue, dark blue and so forth over time.
Reloading the page truncates the visible chat history to 10 lines, including tip alerts, but excluding app generated notices, which just vanish. If a model received a tip more than 10 lines before you reload, she is no longer grey, but you can't see the tip after you reloaded.

Transitions from light blue to higher colors are caused not by tips she received but by tips she spent, and you won't see these tips in her chat room, but in the receiver's chat room, and you don't know who received the tips, thus you don't know which rooms to watch in order to see these tips.

Chaturbate has all the informations you try to get. If they suspect a rank manipulation scheme, they can easily adapt their algorithms. If there is a bug, they would certainly be happy to learn about it. CexMental told that he reported several bugs to Chaturbate, and they fixed them. Just, your observations don't yet prove there is a bug.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
I also think that.. what does it matter if a group of cammers get together and try to improve their lot?
I believe it's going to be a wasted effort. I hold tokens I spend about 3000 a month. I don't care much about who is spending on a model.

If I like her vibe. Her room. her appearance. I spend my tokens.

My gut feeling is the token share thing is probably the last desperate attempt by models with only a few souls in their room.

So if they get a little co-operative together to try to look a little better. Then maybe (so-be-it)

Upvote 0
These are monitored studio accounts. its all about the "traffic". And no it hasn't always been like that. First when chaturbate changed their "traffic system" since annonymous and grays don't count towards the traffic anymore. Studio accounts appear greay colored as soon they cash out. Most of the Colombian Studios send these tokens to an non in Colombia located account, thats why some appear purple colored.
Ahh...so studio accounts do revert back to grey when they cash out. Are you sure of this?

Reloading the page truncates the visible chat history to 10 lines, including tip alerts, but excluding app generated notices, which just vanish. If a model received a tip more than 10 lines before you reload, she is no longer grey, but you can't see the tip after you reloaded.

Transitions from light blue to higher colors are caused not by tips she received but by tips she spent, and you won't see these tips in her chat room, but in the receiver's chat room, and you don't know who received the tips, thus you don't know which rooms to watch in order to see these tips.

Chaturbate has all the informations you try to get. If they suspect a rank manipulation scheme, they can easily adapt their algorithms. If there is a bug, they would certainly be happy to learn about it. CexMental told that he reported several bugs to Chaturbate, and they fixed them. Just, your observations don't yet prove there is a bug.
There was no chat activity in any of the rooms that I had tabs pulled up on, and no tipping activity either. You do realize that I could see any chat or tipping activity that had occurred prior to me reloading the room(s), right?

Upvote 0
Ahh...so studio accounts do revert back to grey when they cash out. Are you sure of this?
Yes, i am. Not only sure. I know it from a Girl which works as Independent Model now but also is still jobbing as "Monitor" for her old Studio.

Upvote 0
Possibly a tenuous connection to the topic of token manipulation, but I'll throw it in anyway.

For a while there's been a user working in the famous (or infamous, depending on your POV) ehotlovea's room who I find interesting to watch.

He/she will daily drop from 5Kt - 16Kt in a single tip, which enables his/her chat messages to be highlighted as "king tipper". His/her regular follow-up messages are always along the lines of "only 500's and 1000's will work", and "anything under 500 only makes the bell ring"

And for the resident cynics: no I'm not jealous, in fact I have some admiration for their business model. I do confess though to a modicum of sympathy when an inexperienced high roller gets kicked and banned after he/she has the "audacity" to make innocuous comments like "huh, no squirt?!" following their 3 to 5 digit token onslaught...

Upvote 0
There was no chat activity in any of the rooms that I had tabs pulled up on, and no tipping activity either. You do realize that I could see any chat or tipping activity that had occurred prior to me reloading the room(s), right?
That won't leave many ways to get tokens then, I just see Fan Club renewal now.

I wonder why you have to reload. I sometimes see that I no longer get any chat messages in a room until I reload. Maybe sometimes Chaturbate fails to deliver the updates to the browser.

Upvote 0
Possibly a tenuous connection to the topic of token manipulation, but I'll throw it in anyway.

For a while there's been a user working in the famous (or infamous, depending on your POV) ehotlovea's room who I find interesting to watch.

He/she will daily drop from 5Kt - 16Kt in a single tip, which enables his/her chat messages to be highlighted as "king tipper". His/her regular follow-up messages are always along the lines of "only 500's and 1000's will work", and "anything under 500 only makes the bell ring"

And for the resident cynics: no I'm not jealous, in fact I have some admiration for their business model. I do confess though to a modicum of sympathy when an inexperienced high roller gets kicked and banned after he/she has the "audacity" to make innocuous comments like "huh, no squirt?!" following their 3 to 5 digit token onslaught...
I think it is a genuine sad case. One time he was offering to buy her a stereo system and was upset that she wouldn't answer him. And his cheerleading often doesn't seem so helpful since it discourages the majority of tippers, who luckily for Alice are too drunk or something to understand anything and will continue tipping randomly

Upvote 0
CB is weird these days, I always have quite a few usually female models in my room, and I notice them in other rooms as well, not interacting, probably not watching the screen at all, I don’t understand the purpose of studio accounts doing this. It’s like they appear within seconds of me broadcasting as well. Bit depressing when you see a few purples in and realise they aren’t tippers just these f**king studio accounts :(

Upvote 0
CB is weird these days, I always have quite a few usually female models in my room, and I notice them in other rooms as well, not interacting, probably not watching the screen at all, I don’t understand the purpose of studio accounts doing this. It’s like they appear within seconds of me broadcasting as well. Bit depressing when you see a few purples in and realise they aren’t tippers just these f**king studio accounts :(
Studios do this cause they belive that as more colored user they bring with this method in their own models room, they will appear further/higher on the main page. Don't understand it to be honest. As a room full of light blue free wanker would motivate me to spend my money... nope.

Upvote 0
If studio accounts revert back to grey status after they cash out, then in order to get the colored name status back, it means that they are tipping "someone" the required number of tokens to reach the current color they are displaying. So the question then becomes where these tokens are coming from that they are tipping with. They are most likely being received as tips or, as others have pointed out, could be coming from fan club subscriptions or from affiliate payouts.

It has also been pointed out(in other threads here) that the algorithm might be affected not only by the number of actual colored users in a room, but possibly by the actual number of tokens they have on hand while they are in a room. So it would make sense for these studio accounts to pass tokens around from room to room by tipping and cascading tokens among the 15 broadcasters I watched in my OP. So a purple user in possession of 500 tokens would have a greater affect on room placement than a purple user who has zero tokens in their possession. If this is the case, then 15 users in any given room would have a much greater effect on page placement if they all have tokens in their possession while they are just "hanging out" in each others rooms. So the notion that these accounts are "buying" these tokens to pass around doesn't make sense unless the tokens are being obtained through nefarious means. So if the tokens are legitimately being obtained, then there has to be an account that is being used to store these tokens(since they are obviously not being cashed out) until they are being "passed" around to boost individual color status on a daily basis.

So if I'm a purple user, and I buy 2500 tokens and join a models room, I will definitely affect their room placement. But what happens if I open 10 more tabs and join 10 other models at the same time? Will the effectiveness of my presence be reduced by an equal amount across all 10 rooms by the algorithm, or no? If the answer is no, then I can definitely see the advantage of studios doing this.

Upvote 0
As a broadcaster I turn blue when I earn tokens, regardless of whether or not I have spent them. When I cash out I return to gray. When I *spend* tokens with another model I turn a darker shade of blue or a shade of purple.

I can't believe anyone hasn't said this yet, but what does this matter? Is it curiosity or are you feeling slighted? I can't figure out why this is a big deal.

Upvote 0
If studio accounts revert back to grey status after they cash out, then in order to get the colored name status back, it means that they are tipping "someone" the required number of tokens to reach the current color they are displaying. So the question then becomes where these tokens are coming from that they are tipping with. They are most likely being received as tips or, as others have pointed out, could be coming from fan club subscriptions or from affiliate payouts.

It has also been pointed out(in other threads here) that the algorithm might be affected not only by the number of actual colored users in a room, but possibly by the actual number of tokens they have on hand while they are in a room. So it would make sense for these studio accounts to pass tokens around from room to room by tipping and cascading tokens among the 15 broadcasters I watched in my OP. So a purple user in possession of 500 tokens would have a greater affect on room placement than a purple user who has zero tokens in their possession. If this is the case, then 15 users in any given room would have a much greater effect on page placement if they all have tokens in their possession while they are just "hanging out" in each others rooms. So the notion that these accounts are "buying" these tokens to pass around doesn't make sense unless the tokens are being obtained through nefarious means. So if the tokens are legitimately being obtained, then there has to be an account that is being used to store these tokens(since they are obviously not being cashed out) until they are being "passed" around to boost individual color status on a daily basis.

So if I'm a purple user, and I buy 2500 tokens and join a models room, I will definitely affect their room placement. But what happens if I open 10 more tabs and join 10 other models at the same time? Will the effectiveness of my presence be reduced by an equal amount across all 10 rooms by the algorithm, or no? If the answer is no, then I can definitely see the advantage of studios doing this.
Studio accounts can't send tokens out, there are studios that don't use studio accounts though but those arent as common.

Tokens on hand is not a factor, its not likely being done for position, its likely just to become more obvious when they join male models rooms.

The last part is complicated, these ideas you have are not new, CB has years and years of experience countering them to the point where most won't try it anymore.

Upvote 0
As a broadcaster I turn blue when I earn tokens, regardless of whether or not I have spent them. When I cash out I return to gray. When I *spend* tokens with another model I turn a darker shade of blue or a shade of purple.
You are independent model. You own your account. Studio acounts have a totally different page overlay. They don't have a Tip/Go to Private button neither can they buy tokens. The only thing the models can do with these accounts is joining fan club of other broadcasters. If you sir, would buy tokens once you would stay blue colored forever.

I can't believe anyone hasn't said this yet, but what does this matter? Is it curiosity or are you feeling slighted? I can't figure out why this is a big deal.
Not a big deal at all. Someone asking, someone answers....

Upvote 0
Studio accounts can't send tokens out, there are studios that don't use studio accounts though but those arent as common.
Ok, but this still doesn't explain where the tokens are coming from. It would be safe to assume that studios would have tight controls on tokens across all of their accounts, so the color changing would have to have a benefit beyond just being seen in another room from the same studio. For a studio account to turn purple, in this case at least, then 1000 tokens across several broadcasters would add up fairly quickly across many days and weeks of doing this.

@D4MI0N

Do you know if studio models change name color if they receive tokens during a private or fan club subscription? If they cannot tip or initiate a private to spend tokens, then the fan club subscription seems to be the only way these tokens could be passed around. Also, I have never met a studio model who could benefit from affiliate sign-ups like an independent model can. Most studios seem to block their models from utilizing this feature.

Upvote 0
Ok, but this still doesn't explain where the tokens are coming from. It would be safe to assume that studios would have tight controls on tokens across all of their accounts, so the color changing would have to have a benefit beyond just being seen in another room from the same studio. For a studio account to turn purple, in this case at least, then 1000 tokens across several broadcasters would add up fairly quickly across many days and weeks of doing this.

@D4MI0N

Do you know if studio models change name color if they receive tokens during a private or fan club subscription? If they cannot tip or initiate a private to spend tokens, then the fan club subscription seems to be the only way these tokens could be passed around. Also, I have never met a studio model who could benefit from affiliate sign-ups like an independent model can. Most studios seem to block their models from utilizing this feature.

Not other rooms in the same studio, they join male models rooms in an attempt to get them to visit their own room and when they do that as dark purple its more attention grabbing.

I don't know of a way for a studio account to turn purple, oh can they join a fan club? i dunno....thats weird if they allow that.

Reactions: blayze_noir
Upvote 0
Not other rooms in the same studio, they join male models rooms in an attempt to get them to visit their own room and when they do that as dark purple its more attention grabbing.
It does not matter if it is a model from the same studio or not. Nor does it matter if they are male or female. If studio accounts revert to grey at the end of each night, and are able to reach purple name status the very next day, that is a lot of tokens being shuffled around across multiple broadcaster accounts over many days, weeks and months, and would quickly add up to be a big expense for the studio. If studios are in control of their accounts like I suspect they would be, then the tokens would have to be "coming home" before the "cashout" hits at the end of each night. So the "rinse, repeat" nature of how this is occurring on a daily basis is perplexing if CB is indeed allowing it to happen with the amount of tokens that seem to be involved.

Upvote 0
It does not matter if it is a model from the same studio or not. Nor does it matter if they are male or female. If studio accounts revert to grey at the end of each night, and are able to reach purple name status the very next day, that is a lot of tokens being shuffled around across multiple broadcaster accounts over many days, weeks and months, and would quickly add up to be a big expense for the studio. If studios are in control of their accounts like I suspect they would be, then the tokens would have to be "coming home" before the "cashout" hits at the end of each night. So the "rinse, repeat" nature of how this is occurring on a daily basis is perplexing if CB is indeed allowing it to happen with the amount of tokens that seem to be involved.
I do not know of a way to turn studio accounts purple, maybe theres a trick I don't know about but im going to guess they are simply not studio accounts.

Upvote 0
This happens to me every day. The purple ones trick you into thinking they are actual tippers, but aren't. And, yes, with a lot of them their color changes - often from gray to blue or blue to gray - when they reenter the room.

It's great that it boosts my room numbers and advances me in the list, but so many of them are not working the keys themselves and as soon as the room announcement moves out of the chat window they leave the room and come back... which is a lot on a very chatty day. And then I have to kick/ban them. (Also, it's not to say all purple models don't tip. Some do really visit other models and tip to show their support.)

Upvote 0
I spoke to my friend (the independent model which also jobbing as monitor)

Yes, the studio models are able to join fan clubs with their accounts. Also the monitor and boss (who is managing those accounts) are able to transfer tokens to other accounts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.