AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tokens and rankings v's true private

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my understanding that Chaturbate and Livejasmin provide rankings based on what the user has spent previously, and not based on what they are currently holding. Is that correct?

There was a post on here the other day where a "jealous" model was asking a user why his ranking had gone up in her absence.
I think this is more about how mature and professional that particular model is? I mean that is not a professional attitude and she could probably find ways to act like that with other things as well.

I don't frequent any other token sites, so I'm not sure whether any other sites make the users token balance available to the model. Do they?

There's an option to hide your token balance on MyFreeCams. I can't remember whether or not that's an option on the other token sites.

yeah in Stripchat users can choose to hide their token balance. I suspect many do not know they can do this.

It's my understanding that Chaturbate and Livejasmin provide rankings based on what the user has spent previously, and not based on what they are currently holding. Is that correct?
On Chaturbate your name is pushed to the top of the user's list in the room and is a different color based mainly on what you spent in the last two weeks with some other factors. Unfortunately I'm color blind so I can't tell you what the colors are but the categories are in order they appear

Fan club member (a monthly subscription you pay)
1000+ in the past two weeks
250+ in the past two weeks
100+ in the past two weeks
Purchased tokens at some point
Has never purchased tokens

Your current balance is not visible, and the only circumstances in which the model would know you purchased tokens is if you went form the never purchased tokens to the purchased tokens category.

You can also hide your color/category. One of the rooms I'm in has a regular who does this so he never appears in the higher categories even though he routinely spends 1000+ in the model's room. I think it makes you look like you've never purchased tokens.

There's an option to hide your token balance on MyFreeCams. I can't remember whether or not that's an option on the other token sites.

I don't know about other sites either but I don't show my balance on mfc. Who do I need to impress? And I don't maintain a high balance anyway.

Your current balance is not visible, and the only circumstances in which the model would know you purchased tokens is if you went form the never purchased tokens to the purchased tokens category.

You can also hide your color/category. One of the rooms I'm in has a regular who does this so he never appears in the higher categories even though he routinely spends 1000+ in the model's room. I think it makes you look like you've never purchased tokens.

That’s basically correct, although there used to be an option (maybe still is?) for a model to sort the list of members in their room from most to least tokens (without revealing the actual amounts).

In one of my heavy-spending days, I once had a model tell me “holy crap, you have a lot of tokens” and I asked her how she knew that. She was sorting her user list by tokens. She said my username was positioned above hers. Apparently she herself was sitting on a lot of tokens, so that gave her a ballpark idea of the minimum amount of tokens I currently had.

Also - hiding your color/category allows you to choose any color equal to or lower than your actual spending level, except for gray. You can’t choose to display as a gray if you have tokens, or had them at any point. The lowest you can select is light blue. And yes, I also see a lot of people opting to display as light blue that clearly outspend that level. I’ve done it myself on occasion, just to reduce the number of sales pitches.

On Chaturbate your name is pushed to the top of the user's list in the room and is a different color based mainly on what you spent in the last two weeks with some other factors. Unfortunately I'm color blind so I can't tell you what the colors are but the categories are in order they appear

Fan club member (a monthly subscription you pay)
1000+ in the past two weeks
250+ in the past two weeks
100+ in the past two weeks
Purchased tokens at some point
Has never purchased tokens

CB Username colors.png

Mods will be red, no matter which of the above colours they truly are behind it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: inertvolcano
I think it’d be amazing if more of these sites offered smaller token packages…for the guys who hesitate at the thought of paying $19.99 each time they want to reload their tokens. I’ve told MFC premium members that they could buy token packages as low as $2.99 (Or is it $2.49?), and they didn’t even know it’s an option. When a member says “I wanted to see your tits, but I’m out of tokens,” I tell him there’s an option to just buy 40 tokens.

Not being able to use your MV tokens to buy videos is unfortunate imo. Wtf, MV. I guess one way around that is if the MVLive model puts on her tip menu “Tip X tokens for a video.” And then she can private message you the video…by either attaching the video in the PM, or maybe generating a link or code so it’s “free” for that individual who tipped for it.

This is interesting because I noticed recently on my "newer" (non tip) account CB has introduced a $5.99 token package for 50 tokens. I don't have it on my older/main account (created in 2016) yet, but I assume it will be added eventually, or maybe it is for accounts that have spent less than XX or never bought tokens before. I think having this smaller option is definitely good cos you can easily be a few dollars short of the $10 package, or at least the normal and average joe can anyway, so it's good to offer smaller package/s. And it's good to have 1, 2, 5, or 10 people able to buy this and tip to a model - after all, every token adds up.

I will be interested to see if it is added to ALL accounts. I think it just needs to be rolled out to all, I know similar happened before when they introduced the 400 token package and changed the 500 package to 550, my main account didn't get updated with the changes until months after my grey one.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
The issue for me isn't that I'm necessarily looking to buy tokens in really small amounts, however say you have a tip menu item that costs 300 tokens and you have to buy 400 tokens to fund it, then you immediately look like a bit of an asshole only tipping the 300. The reality is of course that the 100 is likely part of my tip budget for the following weekend. Of course, the real reality is that if MV removed the ability for models to see how many tokens a user had, then this problem would immediately go away.

I don't frequent any other token sites, so I'm not sure whether any other sites make the users token balance available to the model. Do they?
Stripchat defaults to showing tokens to models but it is easy to reset it to private

Reactions: Ozzie_
In most sites it's up to he user to let this information available to models. I do think though as a model it's always good to know how many tokens a member has.
I am sure it is useful information for models but I don't think it is really a model's business how many tokens I have (unless I choose to make it public to them).

Last edited:
I am sure it is useful information for models but I don't think it is really a model's business how many tokens I have (unless I choose to make it public to them).
That's why I said that it is up to the user to share this info. Don't really get your point as I want saying it should be anyone's business. Just said that i like it when users share it.

It helps on MFC to distinguish who is serious about arranging a private, and who is freeloading and time wasting. If it were not for all these freeloaders with 0 consciences, I don't think I'd ever even check. I mainly do it, so I can direct my attention to the users who are less likely to be playing me, wasting time, and diverting my attention from serious buyers. On the flip side, I get why serious buyers wouldn't want their balance seen, since some models are super scandalous too.

Status
Not open for further replies.