AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tokens and rankings v's true private

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2022
I try and take a model private a few times a month. However, she uses a site where tokens are the most important currency and add to the model's ranking. Private uses tokens, but these tokens don't count towards the overall ranking. I can tip for sexual stuff in the open room for a fixed fee and those tokens do count, however there's less flexibility in terms of what can be done and also potentially other members viewing. The flip side of it is that whenever I have gone for this option, she's given me way more time than I would have received from the tokens in private.

She also offers a Skype call option, which is about a third less expensive than private with tokens but obviously doesn't aid rankings.

How do you handle this with your members? Is it just common for users to switch between privates, fixed price menu items and Skype calls? Or do you have a preference? Is ranking the main driving factor over everything? Or is it income? Obviously I understand that tokens for ranking also generate income and the resulting higher ranking increases income, but how do you balance that with the needs of the customer?

Have you tried asking what she prefers?

Have you tried asking what she prefers?
Yeah, which is the tokens as a tip but I feel that limits both the privacy and the options from my perspective. I think maybe the main thrust of my question should have been different. e.g. how do models feel about members who switch around between the methods. I'm conscious that I always want to do the best for her but also not to the extent that it limits what we can do.

It's the sort of thing that isn't really problematic unless you are a regular I suppose.

Just do what you want, that's the point. All the options are available, make your choice. You already pointed out that you are more concerned with your choice of menu items available over what she said her preference is, so just go with that.

Just go and have your private show and she can refuse it if she thinks it's bad for her ranking? I mean as a model as long as I'm getting fair money from my work that's fine by me. My guess is you're overthinking. She's there to give shows, you want a show. Go have your show!

Many Vids

Private uses tokens, but these tokens don't count towards the overall ranking.

She also offers a Skype call option, which is about a third less expensive than private with tokens but obviously doesn't aid rankings.

I’ve never heard of a site not counting tokens from privates. With the Skype option, if you’re buying it from her store rather than just straight tipping for it, it should at least be positively affecting her MV Girl score and rank. Even with the privates, if for some reason they really don’t contribute to her Live score/rank, when she converts her tokens to earnings it will definitely give her a boost to her MV Girl score and rank. If she sells videos rather than just camming, I’d argue that having a higher MV Girl rank is more beneficial than having a higher MV Live rank.

I try and take a model private a few times a month. However, she uses a site where tokens are the most important currency and add to the model's ranking. Private uses tokens, but these tokens don't count towards the overall ranking.

This doesn't sound right at all. When I used to cam on ManyVids Live, I've been taken private by a guy who just wanted me to listen to Country music songs during the entire private. During the private (or right after) I'd received an e-mail notification that I had just made ManyVids Top 100 (or 50?) Ebony Earners. I remember being shocked...taking a screenshot of it...and posting it online. So the tokens he'd spent in private definitely did it.

Hmm, that's interesting about the tokens in pvt. I'm guessing that she just doesn't understand it properly because I'm definitely spending more in private than I would for a tip show in public so she's actually financially worse off if I go with the option that she prefers.

As for just doing what I want, I understand the sentiment, but I always try and choose whatever option and platform gives more to the model. It's no skin off my nose and the outlay from my perspective is the same. However, if she's going to get 80% of what I spend as opposed to 30% then I'd rather do that. I literally only go to Many Vids for the duration of the private and then switch back to Streamate to chat afterwards.

I’ve never heard of a site not counting tokens from privates. With the Skype option, if you’re buying it from her store rather than just straight tipping for it, it should at least be positively affecting her MV Girl score and rank. Even with the privates, if for some reason they really don’t contribute to her Live score/rank, when she converts her tokens to earnings it will definitely give her a boost to her MV Girl score and rank. If she sells videos rather than just camming, I’d argue that having a higher MV Girl rank is more beneficial than having a higher MV Live rank.
And yes, she sells videos as well. Thanks for the input.

Hmm, that's interesting about the tokens in pvt. I'm guessing that she just doesn't understand it properly because I'm definitely spending more in private than I would for a tip show in public so she's actually financially worse off if I go with the option that she prefers.

As for just doing what I want, I understand the sentiment, but I always try and choose whatever option and platform gives more to the model. It's no skin off my nose and the outlay from my perspective is the same. However, if she's going to get 80% of what I spend as opposed to 30% then I'd rather do that. I literally only go to Many Vids for the duration of the private and then switch back to Streamate to chat afterwards.

She's going to receive 80% whether it's a MVLive private show, a MVLive tip in public chat, or a MV "Make it rain" tip. Unless she's with a studio or Boleyn Models daily pay. Then that percentage would be a little lower than 80%.

Don't overthink it. Either you're going to do the option that she told you she prefers, or you're just going to do what you want to do. I know that I would prefer the same thing that she prefers...going private so that the ONE member paying for it gets a show, rather than a bunch of lurking non-spenders getting to see it.

so she's actually financially worse off if I go with the option that she prefers.
So is it most important to get the show you want, do what she says she wants, or do what *you view as being* best for her finances? You asked what she prefers. She answered. It's weird that you are now saying you don't like her preference because you think it's financially less sound for her. There are probably reasons for her preferences that you don't know, or need to.

Don't overthink it. Either you're going to do the option that she told you she prefers, or you're just going to do what you want to do. I know that I would prefer the same thing that she prefers...going private so that the ONE member paying for it gets a show, rather than a bunch of lurking non-spenders getting to see it.
It's actually the opposite she prefers. The tip, not the private. Based on the erroneous assumption that pvt tokens don't count towards ranking.

So is it most important to get the show you want, do what she says she wants, or do what *you view as being* best for her finances? You asked what she prefers. She answered. It's weird that you are now saying you don't like her preference because you think it's financially less sound for her. There are probably reasons for her preferences that you don't know, or need to.
I didn't actually say any of that. She's suggested I go from the tip menu because that's a token "tip" which she is of the understanding is more valuable. I'm not going with "what I view" as being best for her finances. It's simple fact. If I pay 300 tokens for something from the tip menu or do a pvt for 500 tokens then it's obvious that financially the 500 tokens is better and it's only the benefit to ranking that is in question. I'm going with what she has articulated to me. She's quite open about it. Based on what I've read here, it sounds like she's maybe just misunderstood how it works.

And yes, I undestand that I could simply tip 500 in open chat as well but that just seems very ambiguous and also as has been pointed out, open to freeloaders - granted the freeloaders could presumably tip over and above, which would be great, however that's not a behaviour I've observed on Many Vids.

It's actually the opposite she prefers. The tip, not the private. Based on the erroneous assumption that pvt tokens don't count towards ranking.

Okay. Show her this:
Underneath that chart is a statement confirming that MVLive models get 80% payout.

If you scroll down to the middle of the webpage, it says "Your MV Rank is where you stand in terms of earnings from the 1st to the last day of each month." Private show tokens count as earnings. If she still doesn't believe it helps ranking, she could always use the MV "Contact Us" button to have them confirm it...or she can use the live chat feature to chat with a live rep.

You can also recommend this forum to her, and then she can get verified model status on here. Then she can have access to a lot more discussions about ManyVids in the Models Only section.

I didn't actually say any of that. She's suggested I go from the tip menu because that's a token "tip" which she is of the understanding is more valuable. I'm not going with "what I view" as being best for her finances. It's simple fact. If I pay 300 tokens for something from the tip menu or do a pvt for 500 tokens then it's obvious that financially the 500 tokens is better.
Not necessarily, depending on how traffic in the room is etc, the 200 token difference could result in a net loss (loss of other people also tipping etc), so while she would get more tokens from you as a single member the over all token count could end up being lower than what she would have made staying in free chat.

Either way, just spend your tokens how you like to spend them, the main thing is that you get the most enjoyment out of your tokens, let the model worry about the business side of things while you just have fun the way that you want to.

Unrelated question though, how do you find MV Live compared to other cam sites from a member perspective? The last time I broadcast on there was not long after it launched and it was a buggy mess.

Not necessarily, depending on how traffic in the room is etc, the 200 token difference could result in a net loss (loss of other people also tipping etc), so while she would get more tokens from you as a single member the over all token count could end up being lower than what she would have made staying in free chat.

Either way, just spend your tokens how you like to spend them, the main thing is that you get the most enjoyment out of your tokens, let the model worry about the business side of things while you just have fun the way that you want to.

Unrelated question though, how do you find MV Live compared to other cam sites from a member perspective? The last time I broadcast on there was not long after it launched and it was a buggy mess.
Usually there are one or two members in the room at a time at most so I've never seen anyone tip during any kind of show.

There's a lot I don't like about MV Live to be fair. No cam to cam, and when you go full screen, you lose access to the chat panel which seems to defeat the purpose in my opinion. If you don't go full screen, the default window is way too small.

The other weird thing about MV Live is the requirement to have to go into a model's room in order to buy tokens. From the home page there is no clear way to buy tokens which just seems absolutely crazy. In terms of stability etc I suppose it's OK although I expect the stream quality and stability is mostly down to the model's setup.

I also don't like the fact that it shows the model how many tokens you have in your balance. In my opinion, that should be private. The combination of having your token balance made public and the fact that you have to buy them in a model's room just complicates things in my opinion. I often just jump into a random room to buy tokens because my model friend isn't currently online. Within minutes I've received a PM from the model whose room I was in when I purchased them. It feels pushy.

I also don't like the fact that it shows the model how many tokens you have in your balance. In my opinion, that should be private. The combination of having your token balance made public and the fact that you have to buy them in a model's room just complicates things in my opinion. I often just jump into a random room to buy tokens because my model friend isn't currently online. Within minutes I've received a PM from the model whose room I was in when I purchased them. It feels pushy.
clap lol GIF

I would say it surprises me that MV didnt think that would be an issue...but at this point nothing stupid that MV does could surprise me tbh.
I mean getting pm'd as soon as you buy tokens is deffinatly pushy, and having members drop into the room to buy tokens and then bounce would be confusing for the model, it would be like walking into a store, going to the counter, pulling out your money and then walking off... just kind of left there like wtf just happened 😂

clap lol GIF

I would say it surprises me that MV didnt think that would be an issue...but at this point nothing stupid that MV does could surprise me tbh.
I mean getting pm'd as soon as you buy tokens is deffinatly pushy, and having members drop into the room to buy tokens and then bounce would be confusing for the model, it would be like walking into a store, going to the counter, pulling out your money and then walking off... just kind of left there like wtf just happened 😂
There are other awkward aspects to it as well. Like only being able to buy tokens in units of 200. Or not being able to use tokens to buy videos, despite there being pretty much exactly a 10-1 relationship between tokens and dollars.

And then you get in to the "Make it rain" feature which you can access from the model's profile page - which allows you to send a tip in dollars, not tokens. Yet, when you access through the model's live room, you "Make it Rain" in tokens, but only as an arbitrary 99 token preset.

I mean, the proportion of earnings they pay models is admirable so probably shouldn't knock them but for a member, the usabilty of the site is bad enough anyway and the dual currency system it operates just makes it even worse.

I'm not convinced it isn't a ploy in some ways. Forcing users to lock their money up in tokens and then charging dollars for other services (videos, skype chats etc). I mean, I know lots of other sites use tokens, but my understanding is that pretty much everything on these other sites is purchaseable using tokens.

There are other awkward aspects to it as well. Like only being able to buy tokens in units of 200. Or not being able to use tokens to buy videos, despite there being pretty much exactly a 10-1 relationship between tokens and dollars.

And then you get in to the "Make it rain" feature which you can access from the model's profile page - which allows you to send a tip in dollars, not tokens. Yet, when you access through the model's live room, you "Make it Rain" in tokens, but only as an arbitrary 99 token preset.

I mean, the proportion of earnings they pay models is admirable so probably shouldn't knock them but for a member, the usabilty of the site is bad enough anyway and the dual currency system it operates just makes it even worse.
This seems very much on brand for mv imo. They like to run before they know how to walk and as a result end up with a bunch of stupid issues that shouldnt be issues if it was at least thought about for more than a minute.

It seems it is skin off your nose in that your original post seemed to indicate you prefer private shows. I'd go with what you prefer as the customer. It's up to her if she doesn't want privates due to ranking, assuming that's correct. It's nice that you care but it seems to diminish your enjoyment.

Reactions: Hiunds

I think it’d be amazing if more of these sites offered smaller token packages…for the guys who hesitate at the thought of paying $19.99 each time they want to reload their tokens. I’ve told MFC premium members that they could buy token packages as low as $2.99 (Or is it $2.49?), and they didn’t even know it’s an option. When a member says “I wanted to see your tits, but I’m out of tokens,” I tell him there’s an option to just buy 40 tokens.

Not being able to use your MV tokens to buy videos is unfortunate imo. Wtf, MV. I guess one way around that is if the MVLive model puts on her tip menu “Tip X tokens for a video.” And then she can private message you the video…by either attaching the video in the PM, or maybe generating a link or code so it’s “free” for that individual who tipped for it.

I guess one way around that is if the MVLive model puts on her tip menu “Tip X tokens for a video.” And then she can private message you the video…by either attaching the video in the PM, or maybe generating a link or code so it’s “free” for that individual who tipped for it.
that's an awesome idea, thanks yummy!

I think it’d be amazing if more of these sites offered smaller token packages…for the guys who hesitate at the thought of paying $19.99 each time they want to reload their tokens. I’ve told MFC premium members that they could buy token packages as low as $2.99 (Or is it $2.49?), and they didn’t even know it’s an option. When a member says “I wanted to see your tits, but I’m out of tokens,” I tell him there’s an option to just buy 40 tokens.

Not being able to use your MV tokens to buy videos is unfortunate imo. Wtf, MV. I guess one way around that is if the MVLive model puts on her tip menu “Tip X tokens for a video.” And then she can private message you the video…by either attaching the video in the PM, or maybe generating a link or code so it’s “free” for that individual who tipped for it.
The issue for me isn't that I'm necessarily looking to buy tokens in really small amounts, however say you have a tip menu item that costs 300 tokens and you have to buy 400 tokens to fund it, then you immediately look like a bit of an asshole only tipping the 300. The reality is of course that the 100 is likely part of my tip budget for the following weekend. Of course, the real reality is that if MV removed the ability for models to see how many tokens a user had, then this problem would immediately go away.

I don't frequent any other token sites, so I'm not sure whether any other sites make the users token balance available to the model. Do they?

I don't frequent any other token sites, so I'm not sure whether any other sites make the users token balance available to the model. Do they?
In most sites it's up to he user to let this information available to models. I do think though as a model it's always good to know how many tokens a member has.

In most sites it's up to he user to let this information available to models. I do think though as a model it's always good to know how many tokens a member has.
Yeah, I can understand that in the context of figuring out whether it's worth engaging with them if they're making offers of tokens for things. The flip side is that it can put the user in an awkward position with models. Of course, member rankings can do the same. There was a post on here the other day where a "jealous" model was asking a user why his ranking had gone up in her absence. Same could apply to token balances I suppose. I'd think that a graded colour scheme which lets the model know that the user has a token balance within a certain range might be a better middle ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.