AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Torchlight 2

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorVen

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 26, 2012
Wonderland
profiles.myfreecams.com
So, I've gotten pretty tired of D3 having no end game, and the joke that is Mists of Kung Fu Panda. My friend and his gf started playing Torchlight 2 (since it's only $19.99) and suggested I try it out. The comparisons I've read to D3 make it sound alright, (I don't know if I could go from D3 graphics to those of TL2) but I was curious as to what your thoughts/opinions are? :)

DoctorVen said:
So, I've gotten pretty tired of D3 having no end game, and the joke that is Mists of Kung Fu Panda. My friend and his gf started playing Torchlight 2 (since it's only $19.99) and suggested I try it out. The comparisons I've read to D3 make it sound alright, (I don't know if I could go from D3 graphics to those of TL2) but I was curious as to what your thoughts/opinions are? :)
I spent many, many hours on TL2 I highly recommend it as some lighthearted fun

Oh and it's better than diablo 3 in so many ways it's kinda hilarious

Reactions: DoctorVen
I was kinda of meh on both TL1 and D3. My friends say TL2 is better but I think I am just kinda of burned out on the genre. What is is that you liked about TL2 that was much better than D3?

HiGirlsRHot said:
I was kinda of meh on both TL1 and D3. My friends say TL2 is better but I think I am just kinda of burned out on the genre. What is is that you liked about TL2 that was much better than D3?
it's more fun, more like D2 than D3, longer, felt like more to do, more varied loot, all the characters that I tried seemed viable whether it was dual wielding muskets or playing an engineer with a shield. Then there's just a bunch of convenient things like pet inventory buying and selling etc.

There's also a free demo on steam you can try it and see.

After coming off about 400 hours of Diablo 3, I saw this on Steam sale ($10) a week ago so I jumped on it. I mostly bought it because all the whiners on the Diablo 3 forums said they were quitting and going to TL2 because it was so much better. I'm on Act 2 now, rolling an Engineer (two-handed focus, naturally). It's a good game for the price so far, no doubt, but I can't see how anyone could ever argue it's a better game than Diablo 3. I'll reserve final judgement until I get further in the game though.

I love TL2 and D3. But I ended up burning myself out on D3 because I was almost obsessively looking for the Gibbering gemstone so I could complete the Staff of Herding. I feel like TL2 is a lot easier to walk away from and come back too. And I love the fact that you are encouraged to just use embers as you find them.

I was looking forward to TL2 for ages. I couldn't get into D3 when it came out because I knew that soon I'd get to play the awesomeness that was Torchlight. But because I have the worst luck in the world it launched within days of Borderlands 2 and MoP so I never did get around to playing it. This thread is making me want to fire up the computer and take this bad boy for a spin.

*edited so I could take a trip to the Center for Kids That Can't Read Good and get my shit together.

Did you want to learn how to do other things good too? :lol:

You should definitely start playing, but only if you have a good chunk of hours to spend playing it. I usually play through the weekend.

Reactions: RylieBradford
I have to share my gaming machine so I never get as much time as I'd like to play games. I'm sort of promising myself that if I work hard and earn enough camming, that I will treat myself to a computer for my room and then just play in sexy panties while running my cam. That's like multitasking, yes?

:) I've had the same idea. Playing video games while in sexy panties just sounds fun. I've been working on ideas to make it more fun and sexier for everyone watching though.

I just downloaded the demo of Torchlight for my 360 the other night and it really is like Diablo 1. I enjoyed it and will probably be adding it to my "to be purchased" list. Haven't had a chance to check out 2 yet but from the sounds of it I might enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.