AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tried and true show ideas to capitalize on new model time?!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hyrule_hottie

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 5, 2014
I hope that I'm right In Thinking the 10 hours of new model status is 10 broadcasting hours, because fter three 1/2 hours of broadcasting and a 250 point cams ore drop I decieded not to broadcast anymore until I really did my homework and had a solid game plan to turn my camscore around. Well I've done enough research now to merit a university degree but practical application trumps theory every time. So my question; no, my PLEA: what is a successful game plan for a shift on myfreecams?!?

Re: Tried and true show ideas to capitalize on new model tim

No one can answer this because there are successful models who are:
Non-nude
Hardcore
Only play games
Only talk
Sell content most of the day
Do not sell any content
Mostly do privates
Do not do any privates
Are BBW's
Are super skinny
Have tattoos
Have no tattoos
Have high prices
Have low prices
Etc.

Basically, there is no right formula for any girl. The only thing MOST camgirls can agree on is a consistent schedule and even then, MissLolipop (a successful model) says her guys don't mind that she fluctuates in time online.
I was most successful when I was on a tight schedule. I had certain games planned out for certain days, I made sure the majority of the games were unique and stood out, and I was online every day at the same time. But again, you can do my exact same pattern and still not be successful. Camming isn't for everyone but I wouldn't give up until you have exhausted all options or you just don't like it anymore.
There are plenty of threads in the MO section on game ideas, room topics, and private fetishes you should be reading.

hyrule_hottie said:
I hope that I'm right In Thinking the 10 hours of new model status is 10 broadcasting hours, because fter three 1/2 hours of broadcasting and a 250 point cams ore drop I decieded not to broadcast anymore until I really did my homework and had a solid game plan to turn my camscore around. Well I've done enough research now to merit a university degree but practical application trumps theory every time. So my question; no, my PLEA: what is a successful game plan for a shift on myfreecams?!?

10 hour status. Nope. Use to be that way, but now it's different. Members have it in their preferences now where we can set how many days old is considered 'new.' So if people have it set for 3 days, you no longer will show up on their list as a new model if it's been that long for you.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 8_13_2014 , 8_37_51 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 8_13_2014 , 8_37_51 PM.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 352

awe jeeeez well thank you for letting me know, i guess im going to just have to rock ma socks off and hope the members like the rock of those socks....lol

I might be completely wrong here, but like playboymegan said. I just don't think there is a formula. I'm constantly watching new models, I always like to try and pick out whose going to be the most successful, I actually gamble with a friend on it lol. There are very GORGEOUS women with great personalities where it shocks me why they are not the top "new" model. And then there are top "new" models where I just can not understand why they are so high up in cam score already. I think the case might be the right member falling in love with you. I've seen it many times, someone tips big and then suddenly everyone wants to tip. Some of my favorite top models solely rely one to four huge tippers and the rest is just chump change. But what do I know? I'm just saying what I have observed.

I like this place :). I get to express my opinion and help people. I'm getting equally addicted to ACF as I am to MFC.

JerryBoBerry said:
Nordling said:
True, but what is the default? I'm guessing a lot of, if not most, members never fiddle with their preferences.

7 days appears to be default.
This might be a somewhat stupid question (and I have no idea how to word it in a more comprehensible way), but are those days counted in amount of hours or in actual calendar days? Because I had a two weeks gap between my first and second logs on MFC and I was told I was still appearing as a new model.

PetitGatinha said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Nordling said:
True, but what is the default? I'm guessing a lot of, if not most, members never fiddle with their preferences.

7 days appears to be default.
This might be a somewhat stupid question (and I have no idea how to word it in a more comprehensible way), but are those days counted in amount of hours or in actual calendar days? Because I had a two weeks gap between my first and second logs on MFC and I was told I was still appearing as a new model.
I could be wrong here but I thought it was calendar days. Could it be the people who told you this had their preferences set to 30 days or greater?

I wasn't ~super successful~ or anything when I had my new model status. Since I was brand new to camming, it was literally just me figuring out wtf I even wanted to do on cam and getting the hang of my own style. There was lots of chatting and getting to know people. When I think back on it, I remember having a lot of "naked hang outs."

Try not to stress TOO much over the initial 10 hours. Doing your homework is a great idea, of course! It's awesome that you want to be well researched, and that will definitely get you far. Sometimes, you just gotta go for it and put yourself out there.

Okay, i just went and looked at it. I have no idea what new model means anymore.

I found one 'new' model who has been on cam more than 10 hours. Uniquecuttie is her name. According to mycamgirl.net she's been online 9 different days since April 18th for a total of 17 hours and 3 minutes.

Yet she still shows up as a new model if I have it set to 3 days, 90 days, or anywhere in between.

She shouldn't be showing up as new at all if it were limited to 10 hours, so that's not it. Yet that filter system doesn't seem to work as well, because she still shows with it set to 3 or 7 days even though she's been online for 9 different days over the past 4 months.

None of it makes sense at all. So who knows. Trying to make sense out of MFC. Geez. Might as well try to guess which direction a bird is going to burp, you'd have better odds.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 8_14_2014 , 3_32_14 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 8_14_2014 , 3_32_14 PM.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Screenshot - 8_14_2014 , 3_42_38 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 8_14_2014 , 3_42_38 PM.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 228

JerryBoBerry said:
Okay, i just went and looked at it. I have no idea what new model means anymore.

I found one 'new' model who has been on cam more than 10 hours. Uniquecuttie is her name. According to mycamgirl.net she's been online 9 different days since April 18th for a total of 17 hours and 3 minutes.

Yet she still shows up as a new model if I have it set to 3 days, 90 days, or anywhere in between.

She shouldn't be showing up as new at all if it were limited to 10 hours, so that's not it. Yet that filter system doesn't seem to work as well, because she still shows with it set to 3 or 7 days even though she's been online for 9 different days over the past 4 months.

None of it makes sense at all. So who knows. Trying to make sense out of MFC. Geez. Might as well try to guess which direction a bird is going to burp, you'd have better odds.
Thank you for looking into this. It's rather confusing indeed. I think even now if I were to log onto MFC I might still appear as a new model. Well, better take advantage of this bug(?)!

Hi everybody! I actually just spoke with MFC support yesterday and they said that new model status will always be 10 hours. But keep in mind, some studios may have ways around that, and maybe keeping their models new for longer somehow, just like they tip their new models to increase their cam score. But according to mfc, it should only be up for 10 hours.

Reactions: AllieYess

I saw a model every day on for hours a few weeks ago and she always had the new tag. I checked on mycamgirl and she had logged in for almost 50 hours! it was really weird.

edit: and on that note, my new model tag disappeared around 7-8 hours logged in.

KylieAdore said:
Hi everybody! I actually just spoke with MFC support yesterday and they said that new model status will always be 10 hours. But keep in mind, some studios may have ways around that, and maybe keeping their models new for longer somehow, just like they tip their new models to increase their cam score. But according to mfc, it should only be up for 10 hours.

I do not think they are correct. MFC support is wrong about how MFC works for some reason some of the time. Or maybe they mean something different than the new model tag.

Panda said:
I saw a model every day on for hours a few weeks ago and she always had the new tag. I checked on mycamgirl and she had logged in for almost 50 hours! it was really weird.

edit: and on that note, my new model tag disappeared around 7-8 hours logged in.
The plot thickens...

PlayboyMegan said:
Basically, there is no right formula for any girl. The only thing MOST camgirls can agree on is a consistent schedule and even then, MissLolipop (a successful model) says her guys don't mind that she fluctuates in time online.

I just want to clarify - My guys don't mind too much that I fluctuate my time online. HOWEVER - I do notice they mind if i am absent for long periods of time. So while my times may not be super consistent my 'presence' is constant. I take a few days off at most. They are used to seeing me FREQUENTLY - even if times of day are not super consistent. I took my first actual vacation from camming for the first time in almost four years a few months ago. Even then I still checked in with at least 3 or 4 regs once a day and snapchatted.

KylieAdore said:
I wonder if that person didn't get the memo that the settings have changed hah.

hyrule_hottie said:

I speak as a member and I have no particular knowledge of the inner workings of MFC. All that follows is my opinion but I hope it helps.
Re: what makes a successful camgirl.

1) Decide how you want to run your room and what makes you comfortable. If you're uneasy, most will sense that and be uneasy as well.
2)Be yourself (and I mean personality, not identity). If you try to act a certain way, you can't be consistent.
3) Let members find you. If you're fun relaxed and friendly, then the members worth keeping around will want to come back and spend more time (and tokens) with you. Eventually, you can develop a loyal core of followers.
:twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.