AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

True Detective

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2013
I've finally decided to dive into True Detective after hearing so much about it. I'm all caught up just in time for the season finale this week. It's quite good. I'm curious if anyone else is watching, and if they're enjoying it or not?

Friend i pm with on mfc was just telling me about this show tonight. First time I'd heard of it. Guess I'll have to watch it now too.

Reactions: hapa74
AnabelleLeigh said:
I binge watched all of the episodes in a day, now I have to wait a week for the last one :(
Same, I started last week end, it's pretty good and 1995-McConaughey is rather hot

eclipse76 said:
AnabelleLeigh said:
I binge watched all of the episodes in a day, now I have to wait a week for the last one :(
Same, I started last week end, it's pretty good and 1995-McConaughey is rather hot

Riiiight. He even grew on me in the attractiveness department in the present day scenes too. At first I thought he looked like shit. :lol: It's crazy how that man can transform.

I think I got through all of the episodes in two days.

mynameisbob84 said:
We've only had two episodes air in the UK so far but I'm loving it. The writing, the acting and the cinematography give me a woody (no pun intended!).

It helps a lot, I think, that one guy wrote all the episodes and they used the same director for all of them, too. It makes the show much more coherent which is important for this type of show. BTW: just wait until you get to the six minute action sequence at the end of the 4th episode. It's a "long take" — a single uninterrupted shot. Very impressive.

Always_Tim said:
BTW: just wait until you get to the six minute action sequence at the end of the 4th episode. It's a "long take" — a single uninterrupted shot. Very impressive.

That sequence is amazing! It's like a roller coaster.

Always_Tim said:
mynameisbob84 said:
We've only had two episodes air in the UK so far but I'm loving it. The writing, the acting and the cinematography give me a woody (no pun intended!).

It helps a lot, I think, that one guy wrote all the episodes and they used the same director for all of them, too. It makes the show much more coherent which is important for this type of show. BTW: just wait until you get to the six minute action sequence at the end of the 4th episode. It's a "long take" — a single uninterrupted shot. Very impressive.

I wonder if the format they are trying with the show will keep peoples attention. Whole new cast and story line each season. As long as the writing, directing and acting continue to be as good I will continue watching.

Okay, i'm all caught up on them.

I wasn't sure at first. It was a good plot and acting. But in my opinion the pacing was just really slow the first 3 episodes. I almost didn't watch past the 2nd episode. Overall now I'm glad I did. It picked up nicely in intensity, action and a bit in the pacing as well.

Overall I think I'd keep watching it next season too just in case they can keep up the writing with a new cast and plot.

I will guess that some will feel let down by the final episode. Personally, I thought the ending was fine. Though I found it a bit cliche, the ending of the particular killer, the rest was good. The show was never really about the case and investigation in my mind but was always a character study of Marty and Rust.

Just Me said:
I will guess that some will feel let down by the final episode. Personally, I thought the ending was fine. Though I found it a bit cliche, the ending of the particular killer, the rest was good. The show was never really about the case and investigation in my mind but was always a character study of Marty and Rust.
I kind of felt the same way. There was no major crescendo at the end. It didn't go out with a bang. I kind of pictured the plot for the whole series as a straight line gently angled upward. Not bad but never any really great moments either. Overall I'm kind of torn about how I feel about the show. Mostly I'm leaning towards a solid 'Meh.'

Reactions: Mark6887
The disappointment in the ending, is present in the show, too, though, as Rust and Marty are kind of disappointed, too. Not that I am disappointed, but, it's definitely a thing to be aware of, I guess.

Also, the show's theme song is apparently about a mythical cactus that only blooms every 10,000 years. And if someone sees the bloom, they go insane. Not quite sure what that has to do with anything in the show, so much, but it falls in line with some of the influences the writer talked about in interviews.

Reactions: AshleyFox
waogo said:
The disappointment in the ending, is present in the show, too, though, as Rust and Marty are kind of disappointed, too. Not that I am disappointed, but, it's definitely a thing to be aware of, I guess.

Also, the show's theme song is apparently about a mythical cactus that only blooms every 10,000 years. And if someone sees the bloom, they go insane. Not quite sure what that has to do with anything in the show, so much, but it falls in line with some of the influences the writer talked about in interviews.
creosote bush? its not mythical and has nothing to do with the bloom but there is a creosote that has been asexually propagating itself for over 11000 years making it one of the oldest living things on earth.

Maybe you were talking about something else, but the "mythical cactus" and "10000 years" thing sounds like a misinterpretation of the above to me.

Jupiter551 said:
waogo said:
creosote bush? its not mythical and has nothing to do with the bloom but there is a creosote that has been asexually propagating itself for over 11000 years making it one of the oldest living things on earth.

Maybe you were talking about something else, but the "mythical cactus" and "10000 years" thing sounds like a misinterpretation of the above to me.
Turns out it's just about a rather common plant found all over the world. It does have highly hallucinogenic properties and if taken just a little too much can easily kill.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-true-detective-theme-song-far-from-any-road/

This if from the woman who wrote the song:
Specifically for “Far From Any Road,” what was going through your mind when you wrote that song, both lyrically and musically?

Rennie: I saw some Jimson weed and it’s a plant that only blooms at night and you can see these huge white flowers and there are these moths that feed on them just at night so it’s like a secret night time blooming and romance. Jimson weed actually goes back to Jamestown and there’s a story of it driving people insane because it’s psychedelic and because it gets into people’s water all the time. So it’s about these moths and this sexy, forbidden ritual they have in the darkness.
Jimson Weed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datura_stramonium

From the dusty mesa, her looming shadow grows
Hidden in the branches of the poison creosote.

She twines her spines up slowly towards the boiling sun,
And when I touched her skin, my fingers ran with blood.

In the hushing dusk, under a swollen silver moon,
I came walking with the wind to watch the cactus bloom.

A strange hunger haunted me; the looming shadows danced.
I fell down to the thorny brush and felt a trembling hand.

When the last light warms the rocks and the rattlesnakes unfold,
Mountain cats will come to drag away your bones.

And rise with me forever across the silent sand,
And the stars will be your eyes and the wind will be my hands.

Loved it. Can't wait to pick up the Blu-Ray and rewatch it. I think it's gonna be one of those shows like The Wire, where the first watch is for getting acquainted with the characters and the world they inhabit and watching the story unfold; the second watch is for picking up on all the symbolism and foreshadowing and nuances of character that only reveal themselves with the benefit of hindsight.

Reactions: eclipse76
***Thread Necromancy***
Just finished re watching the series for a second time, its still just as good, you pick up little pieces of information.

I kinda liked the ending, hinting at the supernatural undertones during most of the series that you don't even realize are there till half way through then not actually explaining them, that's the style of sci-fi/horror writing the themes came from, letting you piece together the information and coming to your own conclusion

If anyone still hasn't seen it its still a great show even the second time around.

Season 1 was the best season of any tv show I've ever watched. If they can keep this up it will be leaps and bounds better then anything out there!
I'm worried though, they replaced the director from season 1, Cary Fukunaga.

Here are the trailers for season 2. Starting June 21st!

Reactions: PunkInDrublic
The lady cop sure doesn't like camgirls...

Lol. Just saw that. In the next ep, everybody who works in that legal and licensed establishment should sue the Sheriff's Department. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.