AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Turn Offs - Things models do that cause you to go away.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mork said:
So many things are already listed here.. One that's not would be continuously moving or messing with the camera. Its fine to move it to better positions, different views etc. but when its fine and it keeps getting moved every 2 minutes only to end up in the same spot, its very aggravating. Also, when you go to show some other view, like out a window or something, be aware that it takes a second or 2 to acquire the image and refocus etc.. a 2 second continuously moving point out the window is nothing but blurr to this side of the cam.

good point.. i think i'm guilty of this a lot.... especially doing public shows.

models who talk badly of other models in their chat is another for me as a member.
I realize we won't like everyone on mfc. But if i hear you calling out another model by name, making degenerating remarks etc about another models appearance, character etc I will not stay.

Mork said:
@ Jessi..... of course things should be more proportionate for things like wardrobe changes.. The difficulty comes with the cheapass members view and yours in determining such a value. I know several girls that say 50 - 100 for such while others do it for free several times a session, simply to keep it interesting. The one exception would be full on cos play where the change is fairly involved.. that could run a few hundred easily.
As for the "10 tokens for ass BB" idiots .. Pfffffffttttt lol at them and don't think twice about it.

I totally get changing your outfit to switch things up, I have done it. But this guy wanted very specific changes/articles of clothing just for him, which was unfair to me and the rest of the people watching.

:mrgreen: I am also totally guilty of messing with the camera too much...I am often moving around and since I haven't really figured out my camspace yet...(I keep changing it around, hopefully I will figure it out soon!)

And thank you all for your input in this thread--I often wonder if I am unintentionally chasing away potential "regulars". I've learned something from all your responses and I always appreciate any advice from any of you if you are ever in my room...(I am working on getting consistent schedule going, I really am! But for now I am hit and miss...)
:)

Reactions: camstory
LiLredhairedgrl said:
:mrgreen: I am also totally guilty of messing with the camera too much...I am often moving around and since I haven't really figured out my camspace yet...(I keep changing it around, hopefully I will figure it out soon!)
While not really a turn-off for me:
Some models could do with doing just a little more setup off-cam.
I'm not talking about trivial screwing with brightness, but when you change what position you're cam from, or want to do something different, perhaps start a video recorder app, and record 20s or so of video of you doing random stuff that you might want to do later.

Does your face go a ghastly shade of blue when you lean into the screen to check something?
Is your head cut off where you were planning to perhaps back off and dance a bit?
Can you hear yourself without too much background noise when near and far from the cam?
Can you see a streetsign or landmark through the window?

While the recording may not be exactly like what viewers see, it's not going to be any worse.

It would be great if the model software offered this functionality.
I wonder even about making it mandatory - for the first few logins anyway - it shows you 10s of recording, before you get a 'are you happy with the video [login]' box.

This is _not_ aimed at any of the models I frequently watch. :)

Just Me said:
Being taken for granted. This would apply to rooms I had become a regular in. I have always been a generous tipper, but when it barely registers with the model that I am tipping and get a half-hearted "thank you" and someone new tips and they are blown kisses and get that smile that kept me tipping in the past....it destroys the illusion.
Yeah, that. But there is also the flip side: I went in to a model's room, I was the 7th prem in there. I said "hi" in the chat, no response. Her and the 6 regs were having a conversation that I couldn't follow (inside jokes, what she did the prev. day, etc), so I was waiting for an opportunity to say something. After probably 15 minutes with no tipping, I tipped (it was either 25 or 50), I wasn't expecting her to start a pee/poo/vomit show or anything, but there was no response...zilch. About 30 seconds after the tip ding went off, one of the regs put in the hand clapping emote in the chat. She did look in to the cam and said "uh yeah, thanks", and went back to the regularly scheduled conversation. Upon reflection, her non-reaction could have been due to my cheesy tip note compliment... :mrgreen:

Just Me said:
Sound. I can deal with bad sound (within reason), but no sound and I will never spend time in the room.

Sincerity. If you are going to say something to me or post something on my profile. At least make it appear sincere. If you say it to everyone and post the same thing on everyone's profile, again it breaks the illusion.

Rules. If you post rules on your profile, then follow them. Maybe I am rare member, but I do not spend time in a models room without reading her profile.

Selling things and contests. If I purchase something from a model, I do not expect to have to badger them on when they will deliver said purchase. I have seen this too many times from a variety of models. Maybe they have posted a special on something in their topic, or highest tipper gets skype show or pictures, you tip said amount and even put in the tip note what it is for, but there is no follow up from the model. I suspect that many models do this purposely knowing that many people will not ask about it later for fear alienating their relationship with the model.

And yeah to the last one. I entered a raffle, won one of the prizes. I followed all the instructions, which was send an MFC mail. After about 8 weeks, I was curious and found that the mail was still "unread". It wasn't worth it to me to complain, but it was well worth it to not visit/tip again.

Bocefish said:
The sound and other minor pet peeve issues can be a fluke one time thing and/or be fixed if dealt with tactfully, but general character flaws like scamming are deal breakers for me. :twocents-02cents:
Very well put - this is exactly how I feel. No doubt it would have taken me two or three pargraphs to say the same, and not so well :thumbleft:
Just me said:
I suspect that many models do this purposely knowing that many people will not ask about it later for fear alienating their relationship with the model.
It is true that sometime the transfer of digital material seems to not go as it should, but I tend to believe that this is more often due to the model not being on top of her game, rather then any intent to rob anyone.
LiLredhairedgrl said:
And thank you all for your input in this thread--I often wonder if I am unintentionally chasing away potential "regulars". I've learned something from all your responses and I always appreciate any advice from any of you if you are ever in my room...(I am working on getting consistent schedule going, I really am! But for now I am hit and miss...)
I too am pleased that this thread seems to have taken an atmosphere of mutual cooperation, and sharing. Seems like sometimes the only play a thread gets is when it stirs up a shoving match that ends with a clan of hyenas patting away in search of the next weak post/thread to finish off. Any who have been here for any time are understandable uneasy about weighting in on anything conterversial for fear of Hyenas. Any time this happens.
jessi said:
Question for the members, because it seems like a good place to ask:
I feel hopeful we can become a tribe of Bonobos, rather than a bunch of rabid dogs.

Jessi said:

Most people would agree that when you have a request for a model, you should tip her for her time and effort in fulfilling it. How should models handle it when the tip is not proportional to the request?

Example:
Someone tipping about 20 tokens ($1.00) and asking me to change my outfit and the way I was wearing my hair. I spend a lot of time planning my look for the night, and Id have abandon my chat for some time to go dig around in my closet and bathroom to do that. I also think thats sort of an intimate request outside of private. The person got mad when I tried to explain this to them in PM. Other examples would include <10tk tips to slip a finger in ass bb and stuff like that. :woops: You'd think to discuss it before you sent the tip.

If you think the amount is too small then just say so and give what you think is a good price. If they did not ask first that is their problem. I would never tip any amount to get an outfit change unless I knew the model would even do that. Changing clothes is a big deal and most models will not do it.

Jessi said:
Mork said:
@ Jessi..... of course things should be more proportionate for things like wardrobe changes.. The difficulty comes with the cheapass members view and yours in determining such a value. I know several girls that say 50 - 100 for such while others do it for free several times a session, simply to keep it interesting. The one exception would be full on cos play where the change is fairly involved.. that could run a few hundred easily.
As for the "10 tokens for ass BB" idiots .. Pfffffffttttt lol at them and don't think twice about it.

I totally get changing your outfit to switch things up, I have done it. But this guy wanted very specific changes/articles of clothing just for him, which was unfair to me and the rest of the people watching.

Under my understanding of the situation; it's the member being rude here. Just politely decline, informing him of why it's a far-fetched request (arguably, more of a demand for most of the members). I'd personally value a request like that at 400+ tokens, but I lack the perspective you girls have on the issue.

Have you guys ever encountered those models who have a third person behind the keyboard, so any messages directed at the model has to pass through a middle man? For some reason, that's aggravating to me. It feels a little deceptive to me.

Reactions: MadJohnson
LiLredhairedgrl said:
:)

^THIS! I welcome any input on anything I might be doing as well. :)

I watch a lot of the girls as a tipping member and I started to put myself in your shoes and have made a bunch of changes, hopefully for the better.
I know for sure, I am sticking to my schedule, I stand by my policy you tip me, you get stuff. I appreciate all my friends that come to my room always.

hornygods said:
Have you guys ever encountered those models who have a third person behind the keyboard, so any messages directed at the model has to pass through a middle man? For some reason, that's aggravating to me. It feels a little deceptive to me.

Those are studios, almost all the time. I feel distrustful of studios because a lot of unfair (sometimes illegal, I hope not often) shit happens in them. I dont usually see studio models looking very happy unless theyre top 100 :(

Jessi said:

Most people would agree that when you have a request for a model, you should tip her for her time and effort in fulfilling it. How should models handle it when the tip is not proportional to the request?

Example:
Someone tipping about 20 tokens ($1.00) and asking me to change my outfit and the way I was wearing my hair. I spend a lot of time planning my look for the night, and Id have abandon my chat for some time to go dig around in my closet and bathroom to do that. I also think thats sort of an intimate request outside of private. The person got mad when I tried to explain this to them in PM. Other examples would include <10tk tips to slip a finger in ass bb and stuff like that. :woops: You'd think to discuss it before you sent the tip.

Just put in your profile that you want 100 tokens per request and PM for major requests. Then you can just say, "that is a major request, see my profile". If the response is "but I'm not on your friends list BB so i can't PM you" you know how seriously to take them.

Shaun__ said:
SoTxBob said:
She got so bogged down she didnt see or reply to a few new walkins that had said hi and then left after no response.

Several months ago I was board and noticed a nonnude dancer I visited my first week on MFC was on so I decided to go ask how she was and do some general tipping. So I popped into her room said hello then waited for about ten minutes and said goodbye. She had never looked up from PMs the entire time I was waiting. I had been the only person to say anything in public chat the whole time I was in her room, so it was not like I was lost in the shuffle and I was maybe premium number five. If models ignore their room too long money can come in one door and go out another.

Zoe Madison makes a production of this, though I don't know if its on purpose. She will be there watching fooyball or reading PMs and completely ignore the room for a couple minutes. She won't even look up for the tip bell. When she comes back she will then diligently go though and thank any tippers. What is priceless is when she gets a bigger tip of 500+ she has this adorable over-reaction, squeal, "O" face that is just gorgeous. Its fun to watch.

hornygods said:
Under my understanding of the situation; it's the member being rude here. Just politely decline, informing him of why it's a far-fetched request (arguably, more of a demand for most of the members). I'd personally value a request like that at 400+ tokens, but I lack the perspective you girls have on the issue.
Yea I would agree that 400 seems much closer to a fair amount, than 20. Another option that would be available with many models, would be to purchase the outfit you wished to see her in, and she would model it three or four days later when it got to her. That of course is not what this guy wanted. But you can't always get what you want - I would say pretty much never for a buck. :)

My pet hate is girls wearing heels while on their bed. I worry about their sheets and mattress.

Other than that, the usual bad sound, fiddling with the camera, using the laptop camera where either the models head is cut off or all you can see is their forehead while they try to read the chat and type.

As far as minimum tip settings, I have seen models have to ban some really annoying premium only to be subjected to 10 token tips from that premium with hateful tip notes attached. The only solution is to jack up the min tip. I think it's a serious flaw in the software that allows banned members to have any interaction with models. Leo gets his cut when the tokens are bought, not spent.

lurkylurk said:
As far as minimum tip settings, I have seen models have to ban some really annoying premium only to be subjected to 10 token tips from that premium with hateful tip notes attached. The only solution is to jack up the min tip. I think it's a serious flaw in the software that allows banned members to have any interaction with models. Leo gets his cut when the tokens are bought, not spent.
The ignore feature would fix that. Much better than upping the minimum tip amount.

NO ONE WANTS TO FUCK A BLUEBERRY LADIES!!
@ Teagan_Chase - with exceptions to every rule, and with the proper kink mindset, sometimes one might choose to do just such a thing. :lol: :whistle:

Attachments

• funny Papa.jpg
    funny Papa.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 351
bud9752 said:
@ Teagan_Chase - with exceptions to every rule, and with the proper kink mindset, sometimes one might choose to do just such a thing. :lol: :whistle:
I would have to agree on the blueberry. It is too small to do anything with. ;) However, a blue goo girl? HELL YES! :lol:

alexa7 said:
Red7227 said:
My pet hate is girls wearing heels while on their bed. I worry about their sheets and mattress.

I wear heals daily on camera, but they are shoes that are only worn on cam, not out in public, or anywhere else other than my bedroom carpet. I think a half naked woman in heels is hot!

I used to wear heels on cam all the time, until I rolled my ankle walking on the carpet in them and i decided barefoot was best :lol:

I am a screamer when I do shows, most people know this as a fair warning- there will be squeeling... :oops: I feel like I am totally guilty of busting out speakers though, I can get loud. I try to keep it in check but it's so hard! I wish people would tell me if I ever do it! This thread has given me a few priceless ideas, so thank you guys!! :D

I think my pet peeves have pretty much all been stated. I hate girls that ignore the camera, or with no/bad personality, I can generally look past bad cam/sound but I don't think it's going to help them either...

The girl laying on her side in the dark in her sweats texting on the phone or using her computer to browse the web leaving the guys to talk amongst themselves. I don't last very long there.

The girls that spend their time not only putting down other models but putting down how other models make their tips and exclaimining "If I did that too I'd be in the top 100, top 20, topwhatever but I'm so much above that so instead I make less money and blame everyone else for it." Blaming the world does not give me a boner.

bad cam/bad sound/bad connection it feels like this problem is easily fixable, no?

Anytime I try and start up a conversation with a model especially when no one else is talking and she spins it around on me immediately to get me to take her private. I get it you're trying to make money but that just rubs me the wrong way go from being a person into being a salesman.

E-mails going unread- I don't write them very often I probably average one for every 3 months and I understand I am not the only one that would be e-mailing a model for whatever reason but when it turns from days into weeks and i see an e-mail has not been read then if what I had to say wasn't important then neither is my presence in being in her room either. ho hum.

Marokite said:
bud9752 said:
I would have to agree on the blueberry. It is too small to do anything with. ;) However, a blue goo girl? HELL YES! :lol:

Hmm upon seeing that picture i simply must clarify my previous statement. NO ONE WANTS TO FUCK A GIRL WHOS LIGHTING IS SO BAD SHES BLUE!! Cause hot damn i wanna rip blue goo girls shirt off and do her myself!

Have to say that when they try to do that nasally whine and pout to get more tips makes me decide that she's not worth the time. I know that there are a few, just met one that has a high cam score mid to upper 6,000's and she is a gorgeous girl with eyes that can melt you with a look, but she started this whine that made my ears bleed

alexa7 said:
Red7227 said:

I wear heals daily on camera, but they are shoes that are only worn on cam, not out in public, or anywhere else other than my bedroom carpet. I think a half naked woman in heels is hot!
I think a half naked woman in heels is hot!
Or even a naked whole woman... :mrgreen:

I've got some that have not been mentioned.

1) When Models threaten to log off when they feel they aren't getting a lot of tips.

2) When models respond to PM's vocally leaving the entire room listening to a one-sided conversation.

3) Asking for tips in group.

4) Having a dildo oriented wrong with balls on top while doing blow job shot. I want to imagine I'm looking at my own penis not some other dudes. (just kidding BJ's are never a turn off)

I've got some that have not been mentioned.

1) When Models threaten to log off when they feel they aren't getting a lot of tips.
Would you rather us do so without warning? It's possible that members may have been having so much fun they didn't realize the countdown hasn't moved in 20 minutes. It all depends on how the model presents it. I agree that there is a "good way" and a "bad way" to go about it but as a member I would rather be warned.

2) When models respond to PM's vocally leaving the entire room listening to a one-sided conversation.
I can understand this but if the room chat is flowing and reaching the keyboard to type would take away from the show, it wouldn't bother me. As long as she isn't carrying on an entire long conversation. Just a quick response to a question maybe stated as "in response to pm, yes I have videos (or whatever)"

In what context? Just randomly asking for tips or asking for a tip in response to a request? Group is not like private, if a member wants to make a request he should still tip for it.

4) Having a dildo oriented wrong with balls on top while doing blow job shot. I want to imagine I'm looking at my own penis not some other dudes. (just kidding BJ's are never a turn off)
Makes me think of 69, but I can see what you mean.

BTW I'm not picking at you. I just thought some of these seemed really vague and covered areas where things can be done in a "good way" or "bad way"

BoltEyeAm said:

I'm curious to know what you would like to model to do. Would you like her to stay and "waste time" and not make the money she needs to support her lifestyle? Would you like her to just log off and not let you know there is something you can do to keep her attention?

Personally I have a pet peeve as far as models logging off without warning. I'd much rather have a warning. I in no way consider it a "threat". That would be like you "threatening" to quit your job if they weren't paying you. That's not a threat. That's common sense.

IMO, group sessions are for the model to do what SHE wants. If somebody has a request other than what she is doing, said request should be accompanied with a reasonable tip. If you don't like it, leave the group because nobody is forcing you to stay. :twocents-02cents:

Bocefish said:

IMO, group sessions are for the model to do what SHE wants. If somebody has a request other than what she is doing, said request should be accompanied with a reasonable tip. If you don't like it, leave the group because nobody is forcing you to stay. :twocents-02cents:

It clearly says when you enter group that you are at a discounted rate and you should tip if you would like to see more than what the model is offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.