AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Turn Offs - Things models do that cause you to go away.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jamesrobert said:
Bocefish said:
3) Asking for tips in group.

IMO, group sessions are for the model to do what SHE wants. If somebody has a request other than what she is doing, said request should be accompanied with a reasonable tip. If you don't like it, leave the group because nobody is forcing you to stay. :twocents-02cents:

It clearly says when you enter group that you are at a discounted rate and you should tip if you would like to see more than what the model is offering.

Just to add to this, not meaning to go off topic but don't get mad if she declines. If I'm really enjoying myself and you tip and request something that will take me out of my current awesome orgasm zone, I will likely decline.

JoleneJolene said:
jamesrobert said:
Bocefish said:
3) Asking for tips in group.

IMO, group sessions are for the model to do what SHE wants. If somebody has a request other than what she is doing, said request should be accompanied with a reasonable tip. If you don't like it, leave the group because nobody is forcing you to stay. :twocents-02cents:

It clearly says when you enter group that you are at a discounted rate and you should tip if you would like to see more than what the model is offering.

Just to add to this, not meaning to go off topic but don't get mad if she declines. If I'm really enjoying myself and you tip and request something that will take me out of my current awesome orgasm zone, I will likely decline.

10 token tip:
show feet bb?

Reactions: JoleneBrody
JoleneJolene said:
I've got some that have not been mentioned.

1) When Models threaten to log off when they feel they aren't getting a lot of tips.
Would you rather us do so without warning? It's possible that members may have been having so much fun they didn't realize the countdown hasn't moved in 20 minutes. It all depends on how the model presents it. I agree that there is a "good way" and a "bad way" to go about it but as a member I would rather be warned.
Yes I tend to agree, but would like to add my POV.
First: Absolutly for me there is a big differance in how this is done. I think without trying to describ the diffrence, I'll just say that the wording above is the exact diffrance for me. One sounds like a request/warning, the other a threat. If it feels like a request and understandable warning I will do what ever I can to get some yellow up. (Sometimes this will included supporting the idea that maybe it just doesn't make sense to stay on cam if there is no one willing or able to tip. This does not always work, but often it does.) When it sounds like a threat, I tend toward the, "You can't fire me, I quite" mentality, and just leave the room.
Second: Even when I am caught up in chat and having fun I become aware when any time as short as 10 minutes has elapsed with out any tipping. maybe it's just me, or having cut my teeth in ChristineAsh's room, but if I have been in a room as long as 20 minutes without tipping it is because I can't, not because I am unaware. In such a case if no one else has tipped ether, I will most likely have suggested the need for tips as politely as possibly myself. I know some models never like members to elicit tips regardless, - Hey its the models room, I never question a model's rules, not in public chat anyway. (It's a respect thing) But I will say that personally, I would much rather have a member say, "hey guys its been a while" than have it come from the model, as long as it is not every half a screen by a member playing the carnival midway barker. This can make me leave as fast as anything a model can do, or question this behavior in public chat as being rude. (It's a no respect thing)

Ok I'm done, Thanks. :)

JoleneJolene said:
Hitting the 'Thank' button was not enough on this one. :clap: :thumbleft: :handgestures-salute: JJ. And I am really a hell of a nice guy, but let a member get mad if his request is declined, sort of thing that will turn me instant ASSHOLE. :evil: :snooty: :angry4:

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Me, personally I would much rather have a model mention it has been x amount of time between tips than another member. Granted as Jolene said there is a right way and a wrong way, such is life. I can't stand guys that basically repeat what the topic is constantly acting as a cheerleader to get others to tip, all of that just irks the fuck out of me. (Guys who are tipping are excused because, well they're actually tipping)

What really grinds my gears are girls who have a massive count down, it gets there then she stops the show because she's not getting enough tips during.

I've seen that happen far too many times. There shouldn't be an expectation of a constant shower of tips after already receiving a constant shower of tips - they were already paid for the service, and thus they should be morally obliged to provide the said show unless pertaining circumstances prohibits such. I think an appropriate analogy would be a stripper who refuses to dance mid-way because you didn't shower her with tips during the dance, despite having already paid prior to the dance anyway. It's disrespectful, frankly.

hornygods said:
I've seen that happen far too many times. There shouldn't be an expectation of a constant shower of tips after already receiving a constant shower of tips - they were already paid for the service, and thus they should be morally obliged to provide the said show unless pertaining circumstances prohibits such. I think an appropriate analogy would be a stripper who refuses to dance mid-way because you didn't shower her with tips during the dance, despite having already paid prior to the dance anyway. It's disrespectful, frankly.

I know it tends to irk me when I do shows with countdowns because I keep them on the lower side so we can reach them in a timely manner. When my room count goes from 100 to 1000+ and there are prem's in there with tokens enjoying the show, yes I think that maybe they should throw 10 or 20 my way to show their appreciation. There is nothing wrong with thinking that, its just the way that the model may say it. When I get tipped it makes me feel like I'm doing an awesome job. When I'm doing that show and there's crickets and stupid comments during the whole thing, it doesn't put me sooooo much in the mood. I hope I don't seem like a bitch for saying that, but I think most of you will understand what I'm putting out there.

SweepTheLeg said:
Me, personally I would much rather have a model mention it has been x amount of time between tips than another member. Granted as Jolene said there is a right way and a wrong way, such is life. I can't stand guys that basically repeat what the topic is constantly acting as a cheerleader to get others to tip, all of that just irks the fuck out of me. (Guys who are tipping are excused because, well they're actually tipping)

What really grinds my gears are girls who have a massive count down, it gets there then she stops the show because she's not getting enough tips during.
Yes, this.
SweepTheLeg said:
I can't stand guys that basically repeat what the topic is constantly acting as a cheerleader to get others to tip, all of that just irks the fuck out of me.
Don't forget all the obnoxious "WHY YOU NO TIP" emotes, and the "XXX just tipped a Mercedes", etc. Dudes, we get it that you don't have any tokens. We (tippers) don't need to be reminded of that fact, and nobody needs to be reminded to tip every 30 seconds from some broke dude thinking that he's "contributing". That includes the sob stories like "Oh, just wait till payday, I'll be back!" Actions speak louder than words.
SweepTheLeg said:
(Guys who are tipping are excused because, well they're actually tipping)
Yes, but I still believe less is more.

alexa7 said:
hornygods said:

I know it tends to irk me when I do shows with countdowns because I keep them on the lower side so we can reach them in a timely manner. When my room count goes from 100 to 1000+ and there are prem's in there with tokens enjoying the show, yes I think that maybe they should throw 10 or 20 my way to show their appreciation. There is nothing wrong with thinking that, its just the way that the model may say it. When I get tipped it makes me feel like I'm doing an awesome job. When I'm doing that show and there's crickets and stupid comments during the whole thing, it doesn't put me sooooo much in the mood. I hope I don't seem like a bitch for saying that, but I think most of you will understand what I'm putting out there.

I do not think you're a bitch for saying that, not one bit. IMO, the dudes who think that all tipping should cease after a countdown has been reached, are living in a dreamworld.

That being said, it depends on how the model presents it. Phrases like: "Tip if you're enjoying the show"; "All Tips Rock"; or "Tip to keep the show going", don't offend me at all, and they serve as a gentle reminder that you are not doing this "just for fun".

I'm not suggesting models shouldn't be tipped during the show - I'm suggesting that there shouldn't be an expectation of additional tips if the model has her token requirement fulfilled. It's good etiquette to tip during the show, but it shouldn't be presented as mandatory. That's my problem with it - in many rooms, it is mandatory (or the show would stop).

I think members who are willing and able to send tips would prefer to send it at the end of a show as a token of appreciation and gratitude. That's my take on it.

Which is why I was careful on my wording and is why I used the term "massive", because odds are in those it is a team effort where everyone used all their tokens to get to the show. If others came in once they know a show was about to happen and choose to tip god bless them, and if the model wants to encourage tipping well that's just smart. But now I don't know which gets to me more, the model that leaves once the countdown is reached or the one that goes group after the countdown is reached or the girl that has a countdown to go group GAH! CONFUSION!

OR the girl that says PM me first to take me private, only friends can PM me 500 tokens to be my friend.

schlmoe said:
That being said, it depends on how the model presents it. Phrases like: "Tip if you're enjoying the show"; "All Tips Rock"; or "Tip to keep the show going", don't offend me at all, and they serve as a gentle reminder that you are not doing this "just for fun".

When I remind to tip during a show I'm really speaking to that 200-800+ crowd who showed up after the countdown was reached (not like it ever works) I direct it at them sometimes by politely saying "I know my shiny butt is hypnotizing but if you didn't get a chance to tip towards the countdown, tips are super rad!" or whatever.
My countdowns are very low and not even close to my goal, I won't stop a show if no one tips during but I may not drag it out longer than is necessary for a good show (which, for me, is always pretty darn long).

hornygods said:
I'm not suggesting models shouldn't be tipped during the show - I'm suggesting that there shouldn't be an expectation of additional tips if the model has her token requirement fulfilled. It's good etiquette to tip during the show, but it shouldn't be presented as mandatory. That's my problem with it - in many rooms, it is mandatory (or the show would stop).

I think members who are willing and able to send tips would prefer to send it at the end of a show as a token of appreciation and gratitude. That's my take on it.
You see, that's the great thing about this place: people can freely share their opinions, and in a lot of cases, there are no wrong answers.
hornygods said:
model has her token requirement fulfilled
I have no idea what is going through a model's mind when a countdown is posted. My opinion is that it takes into consideration: the time spent on setup and cleanup, the cost of any extra supplies, the level of difficulty of the show (or pain, lol), and the time (on cam) spent to clear the countdown. I feel that tipping towards the token countdown merely gets us to the start of the show. IMO.
hornygods said:
I think members who are willing and able to send tips would prefer to send it at the end of a show as a token of appreciation and gratitude.
While preferring to send tips at the end of the show is a very nice sentiment, I have a different opinion. I've seen public shows (shower, etc) range from 8-9 minutes all the way to an hour. I've seen sexier group shows range from 5-6 minutes to over 40 minutes. In almost every case of the longer shows, it appeared to me that the model continued due to encouraging comments and more importantly encouraging tips. Although my "cause & effect" logic may be flawed, a gigantic fucking light bulb lit up over my head. For me, if I like what I see during the show, I'll keep chipping in...all the time hoping that other dudes will join in and prove my "cause & effect" theory. Once I have evaluated this phenomenon a few hundred times more, I plan to publish my research for peer review and more testing.

And I concur Schlmoe, less is more and I'm trying not to say those who tip get to become those emote crazy fucknuts, but if someone who is tipping wanted to encourage others who are in the room to help chip in to get to the show quicker or simply echo the sentiment that all tips rock. I guess the story of the day is that there is a right way and wrong way to go about doing anything, it's just that a lot of if not most people go about doing it the wrong way.

As for the proper time to tip I'll try and do so before or after I'm done because god damn it if I have to stop masturbating every 30 seconds to tip well that's just evil and not doing me any good.

schlmoe said:
While preferring to send tips at the end of the show is a very nice sentiment, I have a different opinion. I've seen public shows (shower, etc) range from 8-9 minutes all the way to an hour. I've seen sexier group shows range from 5-6 minutes to over 40 minutes. In almost every case of the longer shows, it appeared to me that the model continued due to encouraging comments and more importantly encouraging tips. Although my "cause & effect" logic may be flawed, a gigantic fucking light bulb lit up over my head. For me, if I like what I see during the show, I'll keep chipping in...all the time hoping that other dudes will join in and prove my "cause & effect" theory. Once I have evaluated this phenomenon a few hundred times more, I plan to publish my research for peer review and more testing.

This! Exactly this!
I rarely get another tip after I beat my countdown. I'll be doing my absolute best but if I don't get any tips it's discouraging and I only put in the minimum amount of time that I think is reasonable for the people who tipped to get me there. On the rare occasion that I actually get tipped while doing a show I keep going and going because the encouragement makes me feel awesome, and when I feel awesome I like to keep making those who are watching feel awesome. Times like that a show that was planned to be 15 minutes can stretch for an hour or more just because I feel like I'm being appreciated instead of like I'm wasting my time and no one cares.

SweepTheLeg said:
And I concur Schlmoe, less is more and I'm trying not to say those who tip get to become those emote crazy fucknuts, but if someone who is tipping wanted to encourage others who are in the room to help chip in to get to the show quicker or simply echo the sentiment that all tips rock. I guess the story of the day is that there is a right way and wrong way to go about doing anything, it's just that a lot of if not most people go about doing it the wrong way.
I think we're saying the same thing here. ;)

SweepTheLeg said:
As for the proper time to tip I'll try and do so before or after I'm done because god damn it if I have to stop masturbating every 30 seconds to tip well that's just evil and not doing me any good.

Hey, I don't think anyone would blame you for wanting to be done first. It just so happens that I find that one hand is usually free, so I do salute you if both of your hands are needed... :handgestures-salute: :mrgreen:

I don't really have anything to add to the turn offs... I think they've all been covered!

But I just wanted to put in my $0.02 when it comes to PMing.

I try to do it as little as possible... But when my room is going slow it's always nice to have a good PM convo going to keep me upbeat. Furthermore, I just wanted to share my technique! I always bend over with my tits hanging in front of the camera while I PM. It keeps my face out of the cam (which apparently looks really serious when I'm typing, lol) and it gives those that are in the room a great view at least while I'm PMing! I always make sure to check back in my room regularly.. Usually even leaving it so I can see my room chat at the same time as the PMs and I respond right away to my room :)

Reactions: MadJohnson
JoleneJolene said:
schlmoe said:

When I remind to tip during a show I'm really speaking to that 200-800+ crowd who showed up after the countdown was reached (not like it ever works) I direct it at them sometimes by politely saying "I know my shiny butt is hypnotizing but if you didn't get a chance to tip towards the countdown, tips are super rad!" or whatever.
My countdowns are very low and not even close to my goal, I won't stop a show if no one tips during but I may not drag it out longer than is necessary for a good show (which, for me, is always pretty darn long).

So this JJ. Tips are encouragement that the guys are enjoying the show and that'd you'd like to see more. If what I am doing isn't getting tips in, then clearly I don't spend half an hour doing it, so I might just spend 10 or 15 minutes on that show and move on hoping another route will be better, But I don't just stop mid-show because I'm not getting them. That sounds very rude, agreed. I put in my title to "tip if you enjoy/love me" whatever quirky thing I can think of that day to remind the members, and we go from there.

I haven't actually considered the longer versions of public shows. I do agree on the sentiment that tips should be encouraged if the model is appreciative of said tips (I mention this because if it's an expectation, then models may be less inclined to express the same level of appreciation as tips received during non-events), and encourages members to tip in a passive way. If the shows increase in quality or quantity as a result of tippers, then I fully understand why it would be deemed a good choice to tip during the show.

In my previous posts, I was referring more specifically to expressing gratitude with tips, where tipping at the end of a show should be deemed equally courteous as it serves the same purpose.

On a slightly unrelated note, I have a question - Do models prefer members 'making it rain', or large tips? I'm undecided because the former should encourage additional tippers to join in the craziness, whereas the latter has the adrenaline effect akin to winning a large sum of money whilst gambling - a highly pleasurable feeling.

hornygods said:
I haven't actually considered the longer versions of public shows. I do agree on the sentiment that tips should be encouraged if the model is appreciative of said tips (I mention this because if it's an expectation, then models may be less inclined to express the same level of appreciation as tips received during non-events), and encourages members to tip in a passive way. If the shows increase in quality or quantity as a result of tippers, then I fully understand why it would be deemed a good choice to tip during the show.

In my previous posts, I was referring more specifically to expressing gratitude with tips, where tipping at the end of a show should be deemed equally courteous as it serves the same purpose.

On a slightly unrelated note, I have a question - Do models prefer members 'making it rain', or large tips? I'm undecided because the former should encourage additional tippers to join in the craziness, whereas the latter has the adrenaline effect akin to winning a large sum of money whilst gambling - a highly pleasurable feeling.

Maybe this will make me sound like a cunt, but I find tip walls confusing. A wall of small tips can make it hard to figure out a countdown, and can make me feel awkward because I don't know how to say thank you properly. A series of small tips may cause an inappropriate reaction. IE losing your shit over a tip wall that only turned out to be 50 tokens (so you look silly), and then someone tips 70 tokens and feels slighted that you didn't flip out over his tip. Thats just my experience though.

1) Automatically assume that your a trolling non-tipper if you don't tip within a few minutes of entering the room
2) Jump you to go private within the first ten seconds in the room and get pissed if you ask them to wait a few minutes
3) Pick their noses and/or wipe runny nose on arms or sleeve (3 times, 3 separate models)

I am new, but have figured out where to go and not go now!

Seabreeze said:
1) Automatically assume that your a trolling non-tipper if you don't tip within a few minutes of entering the room
2) Jump you to go private within the first ten seconds in the room and get pissed if you ask them to wait a few minutes
3) Pick their noses and/or wipe runny nose on arms or sleeve (3 times, 3 separate models)

I am new, but have figured out where to go and not go now!

You will notice that models who do that dont get very far anyway.

Reactions: CassieRamone
Jessi said:
hornygods said:

Maybe this will make me sound like a cunt, but I find tip walls confusing. A wall of small tips can make it hard to figure out a countdown, and can make me feel awkward because I don't know how to say thank you properly. A series of small tips may cause an inappropriate reaction. IE losing your shit over a tip wall that only turned out to be 50 tokens (so you look silly), and then someone tips 70 tokens and feels slighted that you didn't flip out over his tip. Thats just my experience though.

Hah, I remember - 'I don't know when it will stop!' (I believe it was a request to do 'evil laughter' or something)

You don't need to apologize for your posts, I understand how you and other models would feel about it. I guess it's difficult to express the same level of gratitude with the same enthusiasm for a series of small tips than it would be for a single large tip.

On a slightly more relevant note: I find it annoying when models who break the zero-tolerance rules are so insistent that they're doing nothing wrong. I don't think that's what peeves me, either - rather, it's their attempts at rationalization of something so blatantly obvious. *sigh*

This may be a TMI kind of post, but it is one my major turn-offs. Some of my favorites do this so it's not a deal killer, yet a turn-off nonetheless. Whenever I see a beautiful woman with her fingernails chewed down as far as possible, it's not very attractive. It's also not very attractive when I see a beautiful woman with nice fingernails and dirt or other unknown foreign bacterial objects obviously visible under them. Just sayin'. :twocents-02cents:

Bocefish said:
This may be a TMI kind of post, but it is one my major turn-offs. Some of my favorites do this so it's not a deal killer, yet a turn-off nonetheless. Whenever I see a beautiful woman with her fingernails chewed down as far as possible, it's not very attractive. It's also not very attractive when I see a beautiful woman with nice fingernails and dirt or other unknown foreign bacterial objects obviously visible under them. Just sayin'. :twocents-02cents:

We know its a turn off. I usually wear acrylic or gel nails. But the truth is I'm a terrible nail biter. I'm extremely ashamed of it, if I dont have falsies on I am embarrassed to shake hands with or touch people. My natural nails are so weak that if I grow them past my fingertip they will peel off. I feel totally disgusting. I don't do it on purpose, and believe me I have honestly been trying to quit since I was about ten, but every time I think I have it beat I fuck up. I don't think anyone who bites their nails wants to look like that. I quit smoking about two years ago now, but I still haven't beaten nail biting. Not trying to make anything against you, just sayin' so you know we know and we do try.

Jessi said:
Bocefish said:

We know its a turn off. I usually wear acrylic or gel nails. But the truth is I'm a terrible nail biter. I'm extremely ashamed of it, if I dont have falsies on I am embarrassed to shake hands with or touch people. My natural nails are so weak that if I grow them past my fingertip they will peel off. I feel totally disgusting. I don't do it on purpose, and believe me I have honestly been trying to quit since I was about ten, but every time I think I have it beat I fuck up. I don't think anyone who bites their nails wants to look like that. I quit smoking about two years ago now, but I still haven't beaten nail biting. Not trying to make anything against you, just sayin' so you know we know and we do try.

Congratulations for quitting smoking.

I don't bite my nails but I do keep them close cut and polish free. With all the bum fingering that goes on in my world, it's best for my not to wield sharp objects or leave little polish paint chip trails. I'm honestly just not woman enough for fake nails that don't chip, but with my life they would be a pretty stupid thing to have anyway. I'm not gonna go shoving expensive nails down the mouth of Smallie.
Also, this is not directed at you Boce, I have just been thinking about this a lot lately and recently decided that I just can't have pretty nails.

JoleneJolene said:
I don't bite my nails but I do keep them close cut and polish free. With all the bum fingering that goes on in my world, it's best for my not to wield sharp objects or leave little polish paint chip trails. I'm honestly just not woman enough for fake nails that don't chip, but with my life they would be a pretty stupid thing to have anyway. I'm not gonna go shoving expensive nails down the mouth of Smallie.
Also, this is not directed at you Boce, I have just been thinking about this a lot lately and recently decided that I just can't have pretty nails.

I love bare nails. Most pained or acrylic nails look ridiculous on a naked woman, unless she is wearing co-ordinated jewellery.

Red7227 said:
JoleneJolene said:

I love bare nails. Most pained or acrylic nails look ridiculous on a naked woman, unless she is wearing co-ordinated jewellery.

Aw, I wish I felt the same way. I love pretty nails on the ladies, they just wouldn't be feasible in my redneck, backwoods world. They're would be too many fish choking on my nails out there.

Reactions: SexySkylar
JoleneJolene said:

I'm with you on this one JoJo. I have a bad habit that my parents used to think keeping my nails close-cut would break me of, and I used to play piano (my original piano teacher was big on "keep nails short"). I've gotten so used to it that when I have long nails I don't know what to do with them, so they chip or break or get all meh, and I cut them off.

Long nails feel weird on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.