AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Twitter advice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is purely anecdotal, but I pretty much found my way to OnlyFans and camsites by way of Twitter, and that's after models kept popping up in my Twitter feed. It wasn't by promoting their stuff, it was just by being normal Twitter users - making jokes, talking about their lives and interests, arguing about politics, whatever. I'd follow them or go to their profile, and they'd have links in their bio and I'd follow them that way. I *think* the best way to get eyes on your stuff is to use Twitter like a regular user, and promote your stuff once a day or a few times a week. The folks I see who are non stop promotion machines or trading retweets for retweets with other models seem to mainly be interacting with and advertising to other models.

I try to tweet everyday, sometimes just sharing music I'm listening to getting ready, my schedule or responding to other tweets be it sex workers, customers, other followers that catch my eye. Also sex work organisations. I look out for other performers, sex workers, retweet and they retweet me. One guy who's following me has a good morning tweet every day, I usually reply with good morning and a few words. When I finish online I often share chill out music, just thanks for a good day, sometimes a yoga video I've done.

Does it work, I don't know but Twitter is mentioned by RL clients. Also helps that AW tweets when I log on to their cam system, phone chat system and other activity on AW generates an automatic tweet e.g. gallery or movie purchases, and of a phone or cam private. I'm not difficult to find on Twitter, you could have a look at my account - I did exactly that to well know performers. See what they are doing, then make your own style. BTW I'm not saying I'm well known.

I attended a couple of the SM Tea Time events this may sound odd bu during the webinar I was busy grabbing names looking up people on twitter and following them. One of the TT webinar speakers was a top UK performer, I took away lots of tips from her re performing on cam but also about twitter and from her twitter feed. I am still not where I want to be hourly, but I know my perfomance skills have grown, use of technology has grown and I really, really enjoy performing.

Back to twitter I hated twitter at first it was a way for TW to contact me without phoning or using an email address, attracted the wrong type who rarely went ahead with anything. By the time of the 2020 lockdown a few of us formed a little gang who would check in on each other on twitter every day, it was really supportive. That group has changed but I have changed, I now have a BDSM account and BDSM and kink followers some realise it's the same person, some do not. The accounts are not totally different, part of my name is in both and photos on there are used for both my main account as well as my BDSM side.

I guess my advice is find out how you can use it and enjoy it.

Last edited:
I'm still figuring it out, but my plan is to watch YouTube videos about Twitter growth and apply that information. There are tons of videos and accounts on there that focus on social media growth. The trend I've seen so far is like what bigvolcano said, be a human being and show your personality. One thing that Harris Heller said that stuck with me was to treat it like a conversation with your people, not like a billboard. Other than that, it seems to be a challenge of being active through posting, replying and catching trending phrases.

I found several models through twitter that I wouldn't have found any other way. It's mainly because those models got likes and/or replies from models that I already follow. So the best advice I have is to try to connect with other models. For example by complimenting an outfit, wishing a happy birthday, liking a message, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: sophiapierce1
Connecting with other models is very important. If you want to grow your account, try doing outreach, tweeting photos of yourself as comments on other models that allow this type of growth (yes, if you do this you will need to allow others to tweet their photos as comments on your accounts), commenting on stuff that's trending and so on. This helps a lot. Also, posting every day and trying to convert Twitter followers into camming members of your own through messages.

I have started putting more time in Twitter these last couple of days.

One thing I have noticed is seemingly random accounts dm'ing me asking me to send dick pics.

I am just telling them to look through my page. Maybe it is because I am extremely new to using twitter but I just find those suspicious.

Beyond that I am growing my page a little bit.

Reactions: inertvolcano
I have started putting more time in Twitter these last couple of days.

One thing I have noticed is seemingly random accounts dm'ing me asking me to send dick pics.

I am just telling them to look through my page. Maybe it is because I am extremely new to using twitter but I just find those suspicious.

Beyond that I am growing my page a little bit.
I've been getting a lot of direct messages like that as well. I honestly don't know how to tell what is spam and what isn't, so I just don't respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.