AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Un- grateful or smart approach...?!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2011
So I looked through the forums and had not seen anything related to this posted, but it is something that has bothered me for a while now. I have been perving cams for years now and have been modeling for just a few months, and something I see occur off and on that really annoys me, is when a cam model sits on cam challenging the guys to tip her so many tokens in an allotted amounted of time, she doesn't end up getting the amount of tokens she wants in that certain amount of time, then bitches to the guys in her room about how disappointing it is and how she can't believe she wasted her time even getting on cam. Even worse, is when they then get off cam and tweet how disappointed they are as well. Why not just say,"Ok guys, it has been a while since anyone tipped and I don't want my cam score dropping any, so I am gonna go. Thanks everyone who did tip today." ??? Would this not be a better/ nicer way to handle a personally disappointing situation? (maybe I am old- fashioned, lol)
Now I understand the pressures of trying to keep your cam score up/ rising while also making a certain amount of money, while also being entertaining, while also staying on cam a decent amount of time... but I just don't understand how bitching to the guys who are in your room is going to make them 1.) want to come back and tip you again or 2.) tip you anymore to keep you on cam that day. I have seen it happen on numerous occasions... esp w/ one "higher ranked" model in particular, and I just cannot figure out why this needs to be done at all. On the flip side, I thought," Well... maybe it is the whole psychological approach of making the guys feel bad so that they will offline tip her or tip her more the next time she is on..."
Thoughts?

It seems like maybe they need to try a different approach.
I do stuff like saying if I make a certain amount in the next little while there will be some kind of reward. And then if they don't get it I tease them with a 'consolation prize' that will make them want the reward even more next time.

My thoughts: I don't care! As long as she isn't impeding on my fun/earnings/goals/etc. then she can do whatever she wants! If the guys don't like someone's bitching then it's up to them to click 'next'. Some guys like a bitchy girl and her way make work out great for her! I would either sit back and be entertained or click 'next'.

On a personal level I don't think I could maintain bitchiness. I tried it and I felt all kinds of wrong. I prefer the silly, cheeky, giggling, goofball doofus side of things and find I'm at my happiest there! Yet some people find me entirely obnoxious and childish. meh *shrug* It's what I like to do! I am assuming she likes to get bitchy for probably the same reasons I mentioned above; it makes her happy/she is successful (in her own terms). IF she fails, then she fails. I feel bad for the fellas, too, but in a small way I find it hard to feel bad for people who willingly put themselves at the mercy of camgirls they don't like.

I have also witnessed and wondered the same as you have Kitty. I suppose it can be explained fairly easily.... Some women truly are bitches to the core and the behavior is natural to them.. Just like some guys are total dicks that have no respect for anyone. I sit stunned sometimes and watch the carnage and mayhem, but don't tip or stay long.

Some guys like bitches. That whole schtick is not really my jam and I try to show my gratitude and appreciation, but I think for a lot of girls it is an act because there is a demographic who is turned on by that attitude. If it works for them...whatevs. I won't tip girls like that when I'm on my premium account, though. I've tipped a couple girls who I won't be tipping again because they barely said thanks.

What I thought was odd was when I saw a girl banning everyone who had tokens but wasn't tipping her. My thought was. . .if you ban anyone who has tokens, how are they going to tip you? You want to ban everyone who has tokens and leave only the broke people in your room? :think: :woops:

Someone asked her how this made sense to her and her response was "I've been on for this ___ amount of time and I've only made ____. And these people have been sitting in here not tipping even though they have tokens." And no one said anything but I was like. . .so? Just because someone has tokens they are required to give them to you just because you're sitting there? Strange. :twocents-02cents:

I don't really feel it's 'rude' because the tokens belong to them, not you. At least until they give them to you. I just don't feel that we, as models, are entitled to tips. Tips are gifts and no one is entitled to a gift. Especially if you're just sitting there bitching that no one's giving you anything. I'm not sure I can think of another place where this would work. It's like a homeless man punching you in the face for not giving him any money. After all, you have money. So you should give it to him!

1- if you're doing public shows, freeloaders are expected
2- if you're not doing public shows, then non-tippers are not being rude for not tipping :p

I only find it rude if they don't tip but say something along the lines of "thanks for making me cum". That's about the only time I'll say something. Then I'll explain to them that since making them cum is my job, and they've just said I did my job, I deserve to get paid for doing my job, no?

I don't do public shows, so I don't expect tips. I also don't expect that all the guys in my room are jacking off and cumming while I'm in public chat. I understand a few guys will get off on my teasing without ever paying, but I expect them to not say anything about it.

I also find beggars rude. Not the ones who ask politely once and just go away if you turn them down or ignore them either. I mean the ones that actually beg for it.

Reactions: DownundaDani
I'm sure it doesn't surprise anyone here that there is a segment of guys out there (with mother issues) who are looking for a girl who nags, bitches them out and generally treats them like shit.

IMO though, this would be a much smaller segment than would explain the phenomenon of the bitchy cam girl. I'm guessing the majority of any girl's viewers aren't into the bitchy thing, they're just ignoring it while freeloading.

Also, if this is an act how come they never come out of character lol. Ever. Any other model playing a role to cater to a fetish is generally herself at least some of the time. Suggesting the bitchiness is an act to cater to a demographic is like suggesting a model could/would/should play a small penis humiliation role ALL THE TIME, in the hopes of cornering that market.

I think amongst some models the adoration of their "fans" starts to go to their head, they feel like a princess and start to feel a commensurate level of entitlement. There is a definite cult of personality surrounding many successful models and if a model is surrounded by sycophants throwing money at her, many times she'll have an inflated ego on cam - and when that ego collides with a bad day/non-sycophant viewers the sparks will fly.

MadisonLeigh said:
Some guys like bitches. That whole schtick is not really my jam and I try to show my gratitude and appreciation, but I think for a lot of girls it is an act because there is a demographic who is turned on by that attitude. If it works for them...whatevs. I won't tip girls like that when I'm on my premium account, though. I've tipped a couple girls who I won't be tipping again because they barely said thanks.

Exactly this. There is one model in particular who was really cute and new and I tossed her what she needed to make her goal , barely got a smile, let alone a thank you.

Jupiter551 said:
I'm sure it doesn't surprise anyone here that there is a segment of guys out there (with mother issues) who are looking for a girl who nags, bitches them out and generally treats them like shit.

IMO though, this would be a much smaller segment than would explain the phenomenon of the bitchy cam girl. I'm guessing the majority of any girl's viewers aren't into the bitchy thing, they're just ignoring it while freeloading.

Also, if this is an act how come they never come out of character lol. Ever. Any other model playing a role to cater to a fetish is generally herself at least some of the time. Suggesting the bitchiness is an act to cater to a demographic is like suggesting a model could/would/should play a small penis humiliation role ALL THE TIME, in the hopes of cornering that market.

I think amongst some models the adoration of their "fans" starts to go to their head, they feel like a princess and start to feel a commensurate level of entitlement. There is a definite cult of personality surrounding many successful models and if a model is surrounded by sycophants throwing money at her, many times she'll have an inflated ego on cam - and when that ego collides with a bad day/non-sycophant viewers the sparks will fly.

I don't think it's strictly a fetish, more a personality type that a certain kind of guy is attracted to. Like, there are some girls who act really overly sweet to the point that it's sickening, because some guys like that. Some of them act super horny all the time, because some guys like that. They don't stop playing those "characters" whenever they are on cam. I don't think that the bitchy girls are all secretly wonderful and sweet people but I think some of them are probably pushing it further because it gets a positive response. If they're making so much money off it, someone must like it! :twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.