AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Usefulness of good room name/title?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunasha

Cam Model
Apr 29, 2018
Twitter Username
@lunasha_a
Chaturbate Username
lunasha
I don't know if it's similar on other camsites, but on Chaturbate you can change your room name and write all kinds of stuff + add hashtags. Or you can simply leave it blank if you want.

I've seen all kinds of names and titles, usually the model will announce there if she's wearing her Lush vibrator, if she has a specific goal for that night, etc.

As a model, when I'm having a look at other models, I personally read those room names and always thought it was very useful and relevant.

So a couple of nights ago, I put in my room title that I was wearing a buttplug, thinking some people would come and mention it. I even thought it could increase the likelihood of people asking for some ass flash.

But no one mentioned it. 2 hours after I started broadcasting, someone finally talked about it, but it was after I had removed my panties and they saw it. Then everyone was like ''OMG you had a buttplug in?!'' and I was like...it's the only thing I put in my room title haha!!

Granted, it's only a one-time statistic, but it had me wonder if it's worth trying to use the room title to bring in more people? What is your experience with this? Should I continue to put some thought into it or don't bother?

The main reason I'm asking is because I was thinking of using my room name to try to bring more people in, but I wonder if it's pointless or not. Write something like ''If my room gets to x number of people, you'll have a surprise!'' I'm thinking that by getting to a certain amount of people, even if they're mostly anonymous users and greys, then I might end up on the first page for a while and maybe gain some more viewers that way.

Just an idea I had and didn't find anything on the forum about the matter, sorry if it's been talked about somewhere else! Also thanks for any insight you'd have :)

I agree with you. A lot of times I used a lot of popular hashtags but everytime I had in my room max 15-30 people.

The main reason I'm asking is because I was thinking of using my room name to try to bring more people in, but I wonder if it's pointless or not. Write something like ''If my room gets to x number of people, you'll have a surprise!'' I'm thinking that by getting to a certain amount of people, even if they're mostly anonymous users and greys, then I might end up on the first page for a while and maybe gain some more viewers that way.

If the plan is just to get to the first page, the only problem with this theory is that if you say for example, “...after 500 people...”, and 450 of those are anonymous, it won’t get you on the first page. It’s based off of registered users, not just a total of all.

I doubt many members read the room titles when looking for a model, I know I don't. But I do filter by hashtag ALL the time, so including #buttplug in the title will likely work better that "I have my buttplug in!"

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lunasha
I try to use a catch title but sometimes i dont feel like it... BUT i always always use hashtags...and if im feeling ambitious i scour through the hashtags to see which of my categories that I fit into have the most people viewing at the moment and I prioritize over the highest because you can run out of room info lol

I also use hashtags, and I always wonder how important it is! I'm glad to see that it might be worth it to put a bunch of them that will fit my show.

Thanks for your input everyone :)

I would be creative in room titles. On cb itself there are basically just two marketing tools that you have: your preview pictures and the room title. What I would always check for example is if the "tokens remaining" can be seen on the cb page if you do tip goals. The space is limited. When users see a goal is close to being reached, the room gets fuller. A tip goal: "shirt off #ohmibod # sexy #hot #lovense #joi #teen #new #cum #bigboobs #fineass #nolimits" would be too long and cut the "tokens remaining off". If you do goals, use the tip multi goal app, because this app appends hashtag after the "tokens remaining", so you can put a ton of hashtags in there. The app works with one goal too.

• Helpful!
I honestly don't think people read the titles. Of course some will but the majority are there for one purpose and not to read or care about that kind of thing... this includes the anonymous, greys or tippers. The amount of times a model has had a special event such as a birthday and has it written something like "Happy birthday me" in her title, and no one notices it..

• Helpful!
There seems to be divergent views on this! So I guess some people will read titles and some simply won't haha. I think I will still continue playing a little with the room names, but I won't spend 20 minutes brainstorming about it either.

When users see a goal is close to being reached, the room gets fuller.

I usually don't do tip goals, but if I ever try I'll keep this in mind, it does make sense, thank you.

In my chat rooms I read my room titles out loud to remind viewers what I am offering and I usually have a goal and a few items from the tip menu.

So it’s written and verbal. But it’s important that they know what kind of show you’re offering.

• Helpful!
Status
Not open for further replies.