AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

User Review of Bongacam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2023
England
So the majority of reviews of camsites on the web are affiliate links that follow a standard template of good and bad, and a little bit in between is meant to be objective. With that in mind my review is 100% subjective with no affiliate links and intended for any non registered uses of bongacams who might consider opening an account. The bottom line AVOID!

1) They do not allow VPN connections, yes I know they do not want to be gamed for free tokens but they cannot be accessed in countries where camsites are banned, unlike others.
2)Read read and read the small print, so far I’ve failed to get ANY free tokens ( barring the 15 for confirming my mobile/cell number), I was told by a user of this forum to read the terms and conditions but of course in my excitement I did not.
3)gimmicky features such as fan boost cost 50 tokens, your model is bumped to no 1 position for 60 secs, but how do you know the optimal time to bump your model? They might be no1 for 60 measly seconds and not get any tangible benefit; you would literally have to know the optimal time to boost to make it effective, maybe the 50 tokens is better spent on the model itself? Another gimmick the DJ feature where selecting the track a link from youtube cost 50 tokens again the model does not benefit? ( I stand to be corrected, the model I am supporting is new may not how to get the benefit? dunno?)

4)Annoying popup in your face the moment your token balance is 0 prompting you to immediately recharge or lose that great offer, with annoying strap lines such as don’t you want to be platinum?

5)poor customer service sent 4 messages while logged in over 7 days only 1 was replied to

6)no way to track spending history and top up history

spicy big trouble in little china GIF

Hmm. Quite an interesting opinion. As a user and as a model I can't say that I agree with all the statements.

1) What exactly do you mean by that? What vpn do you use to access the site? Never had any issues accessing bonga using surfshark.
3) That's actually a user issue. If you wish for your model to be noticed, you should buy a boost when she's doing public show. Of course, is she's sitting and doing nothing, then she will gain nothing out of your boost
4) Umm. And what's up with that? Every site does it.
5) poor VPN service usage = poor unstable internet connection, didn't you know it? Try calling next time.

So the majority of reviews of camsites on the web are affiliate links that follow a standard template of good and bad, and a little bit in between is meant to be objective. With that in mind my review is 100% subjective with no affiliate links and intended for any non registered uses of bongacams who might consider opening an account. The bottom line AVOID!

1) They do not allow VPN connections, yes I know they do not want to be gamed for free tokens but they cannot be accessed in countries where camsites are banned, unlike others.
2)Read read and read the small print, so far I’ve failed to get ANY free tokens ( barring the 15 for confirming my mobile/cell number), I was told by a user of this forum to read the terms and conditions but of course in my excitement I did not.
3)gimmicky features such as fan boost cost 50 tokens, your model is bumped to no 1 position for 60 secs, but how do you know the optimal time to bump your model? They might be no1 for 60 measly seconds and not get any tangible benefit; you would literally have to know the optimal time to boost to make it effective, maybe the 50 tokens is better spent on the model itself? Another gimmick the DJ feature where selecting the track a link from youtube cost 50 tokens again the model does not benefit? ( I stand to be corrected, the model I am supporting is new may not how to get the benefit? dunno?)

4)Annoying popup in your face the moment your token balance is 0 prompting you to immediately recharge or lose that great offer, with annoying strap lines such as don’t you want to be platinum?

5)poor customer service sent 4 messages while logged in over 7 days only 1 was replied to

6)no way to track spending history and top up history

spicy big trouble in little china GIF
Can you pull out your spending history in Amazon? Just asking.

Can you pull out your spending history in Amazon? Just asking.
Yes, it's called "your orders" and lists everything you've bought.

I second the bongacams hate, they pay models a tiny percentage and allow the most rude/demanding/trolling types of customers of any site I've been on so far.

ETA I was on the site for about a week before I asked them to shut my account down and keep my measly $12 haha

Last edited:
I haven't used Bongacams a lot, but I do find their popups REALLY obnoxious, which is one of the biggest reasons I did not keep giving it a chance at all.. I feel like it's way worse than any of the other sites I have been using.. I never get prompted on CB and SC in the same way for example..

Yes, it's called "your orders" and lists everything you've bought.

I second the bongacams hate, they pay models a tiny percentage and allow the most rude/demanding/trolling types of customers of any site I've been on so far.

ETA I was on the site for about a week before I asked them to shut my account down and keep my measly $12 haha
Sasha, I meant will you see a summary in cash of all the orders you ever made? I don’t like them either, it’s just that I don’t think they are more sinister than any vanilla e-commerce platform. I bet they have a lower lifetime value though, and less customer loyalty or retention rates. That’s why they will need to devour traffic.

OP, this is not a review, just a list of complaints. I am not familiar with this site, and you may be right, I dunno, but you should call it what it is you wrote.
Am I nitpicking? Probably, but people looking for an honest and unbiased, neutral review, they won't find it in this topic.

Sasha, I meant will you see a summary in cash of all the orders you ever made? I don’t like them either, it’s just that I don’t think they are more sinister than any vanilla e-commerce platform. I bet they have a lower lifetime value though, and less customer loyalty or retention rates. That’s why they will need to devour traffic.
Do you use Amazon? Maybe the interface is different outside of the UK but in the UK yes, Amazon does give a summary of all the orders you've ever made and lists the cash value for each one :)

Do you use Amazon? Maybe the interface is different outside of the UK but in the UK yes, Amazon does give a summary of all the orders you've ever made and lists the cash value for each one :)
I'm in the US and it does that for any time frame you set it to do that for.

Sounds like this is more user end frustrations w Bonga, I don't think it's super popular w models either. SM has 24/7 user support, and they are super fast on that end. Just saying ;)

I remember someone from bongacams had contacted me (edit: this was years ago) wanting me to be a part of their affilliate program and offered me 30% revshare which is a very good offer but when I looked at their payout for models it confused the heck out of me there was something weird about it and I can no longer find it. Did they revert method like tokens have a specific value?

I would summarize this with this: Webcam platform reviews are affiliate websites sending traffic, not a Trustpilot or Sitejabber equivalent. In addition, few if ever are the platforms that are willing to reveal where and how they optimize their UIX, or even measure it. This explains a lot of the excessive clicks and ticks and steps and navigational fuck ups to what seems to be a traffic devouring machine. Clipstores do pretty good CRM campaigns in a personalized manner to members though:) Just my two cents as a pro in the vanilla side of conversions, marketing, E-commerce and Service as a Software clients:)

Status
Not open for further replies.