AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Using multiple cameras-suggestions?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie_Lavender

Cam Model
Jun 19, 2018
United States
Twitter Username
@natslavenderxo
Chaturbate Username
Natalie_Lavender
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/138701/nats-xxx-naughtiness
A couple weeks ago I started using OBS & I use multiple cameras/angles. I already had a Logitech C920, which I love. But apparently using 2 of the same brand of camera doesn’t work, according to my friend who streams on Twitch. I tested this by getting another C920, and he was right, it won’t work or recognize the other one. So he loaned me his old Microsoft LifeCam, which works okay, but he said it’s about 9 years old. And my users have commented that it’s not as nice of a pic as the angle using the C920.
Any suggestions for a great second camera, with built in mic?

Well, that's not entirely correct because we've been using multiple c920s with OBS for a while now. It is flaky, but does work. It results in the occasional blue screen or one camera has issues coming up (blank video and the camera's blue light flashes). But it's infrequent enough that it's still useable. Have you tried messing with the formats, such as setting it to mjpeg vs yuv? YUV might be exceeding your USB bandwidth.

Well, that's not entirely correct because we've been using multiple c920s with OBS for a while now. It is flaky, but does work. It results in the occasional blue screen or one camera has issues coming up (blank video and the camera's blue light flashes). But it's infrequent enough that it's still useable. Have you tried messing with the formats, such as setting it to mjpeg vs yuv? YUV might be exceeding your USB bandwidth.
My gamer friend set up my OBS for me so I wouldn’t have to watch the setup tutorials, as he knows it really well, so it only took him 5 minutes to do it. I’ll have to check that setting and see what happens. Oh I would love for it to work! Especially because I found a brand new C920, still sealed in its box, at a pawn shop for $10. A steal!! So of course I had to buy it. Thanks for the tip. Fingers crossed I can get it to work.

Are you using Windows, or Mac? Curious if there's a way to hardcode a device file so it's labeled something like c920-0 and c920-2 or something like that? On Linux, I can create what's called udev rules, which basically is used to tie a device to a specific name. I think Mac has the same capabilities, and I think in properties on Windows might be able to do something similar.

Are you using Windows, or Mac? Curious if there's a way to hardcode a device file so it's labeled something like c920-0 and c920-2 or something like that? On Linux, I can create what's called udev rules, which basically is used to tie a device to a specific name. I think Mac has the same capabilities, and I think in properties on Windows might be able to do something similar.
I have a brand new Dell laptop. I can rename each one in ONS, but it will still only recognize one at a time.

I have a brand new Dell laptop. I can rename each one in ONS, but it will still only recognize one at a time.

What I was referring to is within the Operating System, not as part of an application. So, the application would see them as completely separate devices.

I'm not familiar with OBS, so might be something entirely different than what I was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.