AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Very SERIOUS question for u ALL

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all. I wanted to update on what's happened so far... I did ended up quitting my day job. Yes it was a risk but I thought id risk it and trust my intuition. All of your advice were correct and im glad I knew them ahead of time in advance... camming starts to feel like a regular job after awhile but I appreciate the fact that i get to make my own hours.. Everything is working out so far. Each day i find myself being more successful than the next. Im now making $600+ a day doing an average of 4 hours a day. I hope it only gets better from here but i will expect bad days as well and try to be well prepared for them. Yeeeee! My next tackle will be on how to do these Taxes.. but that will be in another post after Ive researched a bit online..

Once you are able, you should apply for access to the Models Only section of this forum! We discuss all aspects of our business over there, including taxes. :greedy:

Once you are able, you should apply for access to the Models Only section of this forum! We discuss all aspects of our business over there, including taxes. :greedy:
Just to expand on this until you get into the MO at the amount your making you will definitely want to set aside 35% for taxes. Its possible to owe less with writeoffs and things like that but just to be safe and make sure you a little less stressed that time of year.

And you: Hey, well at least you should try camming on your own. You could learn important skills like how to set up lighting, how to fix the white balance, WTF fps and encoders are, and how to arrange all the windows on the screen so we can see everything. That way you could get everything set up for us while I do my hair and makeup! You could also learn how to interact with viewers and make sales, how to do marketing, how to take and edit photos, and you'd get some exposure to common fantasies and fetishes. It would really help if you knew some of these things so you aren't a total noob when we start camming together.
Plus, it would be good to know whether you can get hard on demand and stay hard even when things get weird or aren't going super well.
This right here is a perfect way to continue to be in a relationship and still be a great camgirl. if your in a relationship and youve decided to really put in the work to be able to quit your 9-5 then your best chance is to have your s.o. study the dynamics of camming and get into learning behind the scene work like, lighting, photography, and editing. you can also have them try and help your social media accounts and networking with industry professionals. if they look into it and are able to learn how it all works it will show them its not just as simple as fucking each other on cam. id they still want to join your shows after that at least they will be knowledgeable and know how to interact with site members :) in either case they will be contributing to your career if they save you the time to do the things that take focus away from your time on cam.

Reactions: kupido
I started camming after I lost my job and couldn't find another one that paid half decent (small town). I cam as my main job and I have toyed with the idea of getting a fun easy part time job, to keep me motivated on cam cause obviously I'd be making far more than $12 an hour on cam. I do love the freedom of not having to go to work in the morning, but it is true that I've had off days and grumpy days and hated all my guests and in return I didn't make as much money that day or maybe I don't work at all. I would say to give yourself a financial cushion before you leave your ft job in case you have off days. Give yourself a goal, like once you have 3 months expenses saved up, quit your job.

Hey guys. I have just started caming about 3 months ago. It took me while to get the hang of things but now i seem to be doing alright and getting an average of $250-400 a day. This is for a straight 4-5 hours worth of camming straight through. I am making more than I would doing my 5-8 5 days/wk job which only gives me $90/ day. Knowing this i feel so tempted to quit my real life job and just do camming. I would like another cam girl's thoughts on this. Is $200/ day good enough to live by? And if so, why isnt everyone doing this? I am thinking maybe its bc of taxes and other government penalties for being self emplyed but im not sure. Please i need help and some advice. I really do HATEmy 8-5 job. But i dont want to have to tell ppl what i do for a living. Esp when family or friends ask.. If there's other cammers who have quit theyre real job to cam please give me your feed back as well and how it went for you and how long the career or camming has last aince u started..

A lot of good advice here ( yum yum yum ) I like it.
As a digital entrepreneur I recommend you to keep your office job and invest your sweet camming dollazs= crypto, Ecommerce, Fba, real estate.
Vanilla Job will keep you under the tax radar until you can properly fly by yourself.

• Helpful!
Reactions: kupido
Status
Not open for further replies.