AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wacky & Weird News Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
schlmoe said:
GlassToys said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/shocking-xray-doctors-remove-fork-from-penis-of-70yearold-australian-man-8774501.html

Doctors in Canberra have removed a 10-centimetre fork from the penis of a 70-year-old man who inserted it into his uretha in an attempt to achieve sexual gratification.

snip...

I find this interesting/ironic that this particular story was posted by the user "GlassToys" :lol:
When you are in that business, you try to stay on top of trends.

Reactions: schlmoe
Football manager in coma responds to news of his team's victory

A football manager in an induced coma following a car crash opened his eyes when he heard his team had won their opening game.

Wayne Thorne, 33, had just started his second season in charge of Larkhall Athletic, when he was involved in a head-on collision. He spent a week unconscious after suffering a ruptured artery and 16 crushed ribs. He was "given the boost he needed" when his wife Mandy broke the news that his team had won 4-3 at Bridport in the Western Football League Premier Division.

Paul Rankin, the chairman of Larkhill, said Thorne's love of football was a main part of his life. "It was the first league game of the season, away to Bridport. We won and that news was passed to Wayne and gave him a little boost. We had a follow up result this week which has continued to put him in good spirits. Football is his life, along with his family. We are keeping him involved as much as we can without putting any stress on him."

The collision happened two weeks ago as Thorne travelled home from his job as a kitchen fitter in Cirencester. He was taken to hospital in Bristol where doctors found he had torn the main artery in his heart, shattered 16 ribs, which punctured his lung and broke his sternum, the Bath Chronicle reported. He also shattered his hip and pelvis and suffered a fracture below his left knee.

Thorne underwent a series of operations and spent a week in an induced coma but on 10 August, he opened his eyes when he was informed of his team's victory.

Mrs Thorne tweeted: "We have told Wayne the score & when Gaz said Lyno scored he opened his eyes."

Doctors told her that her husband was lucky to be alive. "Football and sport and being active, that has been his life, so when he was in his coma we were told to talk to him," Mrs Thorne said.

"On the first Saturday Larkhall had a game and me and his brother told him the score and he opened his eyes. I know studies have shown that they can hear you and me and his brother truly believe he heard us. It was brilliant to see, because he absolutely loves his football and is so dedicated to Larkhall Athletic."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... l-bridport

Vibrator Causes Post Office Bomb Scare
23 August 2013 | Issue 5197
The Moscow Times

Strange sounds coming from a parcel in Kirov led police to evacuate post office employees because of bomb fears, but the object inside the package turned out to be a self-pleasure device.
Read more: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/arti ... z2cqEWaay7
The Moscow Times

Reactions: LadyLuna
Canadian Dentist Wants To Clone John Lennon Using Late Beatle's Molar​
Imagine a world where dead men walk and human DNA can be extracted and replicated from leftover teeth. That's the dream of Dr. Michael Zuk, the self-promoting dentist who wants to clone Beatles legend John Lennon -- bringing the rock star back to life.

While some may write off Zuk's goal as a Don Quixote-esque fool's errand, the dentist-turned-collector told The Huffington Post that he's serious about his plan to extract genetic material from one of Lennon's rotten molars.

Zuk bought the decades-old tooth at a 2011 auction for $31,000, according to Canadian station CTV News. Rolling Stone reported that the star had given his molar to his housekeeper in the 1960s, and it later passed into the hands of her daughter, a Beatles fan.

"I had a bigger picture even then," Zuk told HuffPost of his plan to extract DNA after purchasing the tooth. "I knew it was a bit of a long shot, but still not terribly unlikely that a person could get some genetic material from the tooth."

Assuming researchers could extract the material, the next step would be to sequence the DNA of Lennon, who was fatally shot at the age of 40 in New York City in 1980.

To "bring someone back from history ... would be the ultimate expression of science," Luk told HuffPost. But is it even possible?

In 1996, Dolly the sheep was cloned by implanting genetic material from a sheep's udder cell into an egg, which in turn was implanted into a surrogate sheep mother. Seventeen years later, however, human cloning remains out of reach, even assuming DNA could be pulled from the tooth.

On the other hand, just because the technology does not currently exist doesn't mean it won't become available eventually.

Dr. Colin Blakemore, professor of neuroscience at the University of Oxford in England, told The Guardian in May that the question should no longer be if we should clone a human, but rather, for what reasons.

"We should have spent the intervening time [since cloning Dolly] thinking about how we should react sensibly to the concept of a human clone when it does become possible," Blakemore said. "We have not done that and, although the science is still far off, it is getting closer. We need to ask, carefully and calmly: under what circumstances would we tolerate the creation of a human clone?"

Zuk told the HuffPost he's waiting to begin working with scientists until after he secures a film crew willing to make a documentary about the process. But he said he is confident it will be easy to find both researchers and filmmakers who are up for the challenge.

"There are a number of scientists around the world who are working on genetic sequencing," he told HuffPost. "We're needing less and less genetic material to bring back a mammal."

However, University of Toronto bioethicist Kerry Bowman told Canadian site The Star that Luk is treading on thin ice ethically.

“It’s extremely personal information, there’s nothing at all related to consent, and we don’t fully understand the implications of putting out a completely sequenced DNA of a human being. We don’t know what that means,” he said.

Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, has yet to publicly comment on the matter.

As for what Lennon would have wanted, perhaps we should let his music do the talking. In the Beatles' 1967 hit "All You Need Is Love," Lennon sang, "There's nothing you can do that can't be done." But he never said anything about whether you should do it.

from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/2 ... 99033.html

Ramen burgers!
Ramen Burger: Get Ready For The Next Big Food Craze
Anthonia Akitunde
Editor, Federated Media Publishing, Inc.

AUGUST 22, 2013 The Reese's peanut butter cup. The turducken. The ... ramen burger?
Man has brought disparate flavors and foods together to form a more perfect union for millennia. But recently there's been an explosion of mad scientist-like chefs combining different foods to create an entirely new—and buzz-worthy—meal. More often than not, small-business owners are the geniuses behind these tastebud-bending innovations.

We have to look no further than the cronut, a glazed and cream-filled donut-croissant hybrid confection created by New York pastry chef Dominique Ansel. In five months, the cronut has grabbed headlines, inspired people to start lining up before 6 a.m., and spawned die-hard fans and copycats the world over.

Now the latest food mashup has arrived to whet consumers' appetite and imagination: the ramen burger. The brainchild of ramen-obsessed blogger turned chef Keizo Shimamoto, this burger is a sight to see, with a USDA prime beef patty dressed in a secret shoyu (soy) sauce, scallions, spicy arugula and two fried mounds of ramen in lieu of buns. Inspired by the ramen burgers he saw during a 2009 ramen sojourn in Japan, Shimamoto brought his twist on the concept to the States. (In Japan, he says, the burgers are made out of pork and the buns are less "congealed.")

n13rl4q.jpg

"It’s just so good," Shimamoto told The Daily Beast. "The juices from the burger and the secret sauce, that shoyu flavor, come into your mouth, while your tongue separates the noodles. It’s a different experience from any other burger."

Many are already proclaiming the ramen burger as the cronut's successor after its debut at Smorgasburg, an outdoor flea food market in Brooklyn, attracted 300 people on a rainy Saturday morning earlier this month.

4O7yGgi.jpg

(continues>> https://www.openforum.com/articles/ramen-burger-cronut-food-craze/?extlink=of-syndication-tab-p)
It actually sounds kind of yummy, and I don't even like ramen...
kcPhWDL.gif

LiLredhairedgrl said:
Ramen burgers!
Ramen Burger: Get Ready For The Next Big Food Craze
Anthonia Akitunde
Editor, Federated Media Publishing, Inc.

AUGUST 22, 2013 The Reese's peanut butter cup. The turducken. The ... ramen burger?
Man has brought disparate flavors and foods together to form a more perfect union for millennia. But recently there's been an

<<snip snip >>

Many are already proclaiming the ramen burger as the cronut's successor after its debut at Smorgasburg, an outdoor flea food market in Brooklyn, attracted 300 people on a rainy Saturday morning earlier this month.

WANT! :tongue8: :romance-inlove:

Boy, 11, enrolls as freshman physics major at Texas college

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/28/bo ... z2dGjXTEKv

The hardest part of college life for Carson Huey-You is the weight of the books he must carry in his backpack.
After all, Carson's only 4-foot-7, 75 pounds -- and 11 years old as he embarks on his freshman year at Texas Christian University.
He became TCU's youngest student ever when classes started last week. The physics major says he plans to be a quantum physicist.
The Southlake child graduated in May as co-valedictorian from a private Grapevine high school at age 10. He scored 1770 on his SAT, and his mother, Claretta Huey-You, says Carson was reading by age 2. She says numbers and math came easily to him, he plays classical music on the piano, and he can speak Mandarin Chinese.
Now he's learning the TCU Fight Song.

The wacky part? JerryBoBerry is carrying a full load of classes, and has no books in his backpack (only eBooks ;) ). Therefore, J-Bo is smarter than a Quantum Physics major with a 1770 SAT score!

Woman 'steals' her bike back from thief

Don’t steal from Kayla Smith, because the Vancouver woman won’t hesitate to steal right back.

After her $1,000 bicycle was stolen last week while locked up at the Olympic Village, Smith became despondent.

“I was like, 'I’m a good person, like, why would someone do this to me?'” she told NBC’s Kevin Tibbles.

Then, when a friend noticed a Craigslist ad for a similar bike, selling for $300, she got mad.

“Asked for karma to run him over with a flatbed truck,” the 33-year-old said. “I was so angry.”

Smith had contacted police but thought they might take too long to act.

"THIS GUY IS SELLING MY BIKE RIGHT NOW!!!" she wrote on the online site Reddit. "I am not missing this opportunity waiting for a call. So I jump into action."

Smith turned vigilante and set up a sting. She made arrangements to meet the seller at a local McDonald’s parking lot. She told the seller she needed a test drive. She said the man hesitated but warily let her try out the bike. That’s when Smith hopped on, started pedaling — and never returned.

“I was feeling like an NFL player, like, just scored a touchdown! I was like, Yeah!” she told Tibbles.
Though police say her taking matters into her own hands was a dangerous idea, Kayla Smith is happily back on her bike again.
TODAY
Though police say her taking matters into her own hands was a dangerous idea, Kayla Smith is happily back on her bike again.

While Smith’s story has a happy ending, authorities warn against following her example.

“Setting up a meeting with the person on your own can potentially be very dangerous,” Vancouver police said in a statement. “You do not know who you are meeting, how many people will be there and how desperate that person may be.”

The thief who stole Smith’s bike still hasn’t been caught but Smith, who confirmed the bike was hers after confirming its serial number, feels happy about getting her revenge.

“Sometimes you just need to stick up for what’s right and for what’s yours,” she said.

Attachments

• 8C8769236-tdy-130828-bike-theft.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg
    8C8769236-tdy-130828-bike-theft.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 213
schlmoe said:
Boy, 11, enrolls as freshman physics major at Texas college

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/28/bo ... z2dGjXTEKv

The hardest part of college life for Carson Huey-You is the weight of the books he must carry in his backpack.
After all, Carson's only 4-foot-7, 75 pounds -- and 11 years old as he embarks on his freshman year at Texas Christian University.
He became TCU's youngest student ever when classes started last week. The physics major says he plans to be a quantum physicist.
The Southlake child graduated in May as co-valedictorian from a private Grapevine high school at age 10. He scored 1770 on his SAT, and his mother, Claretta Huey-You, says Carson was reading by age 2. She says numbers and math came easily to him, he plays classical music on the piano, and he can speak Mandarin Chinese.
Now he's learning the TCU Fight Song.

The wacky part? JerryBoBerry is carrying a full load of classes, and has no books in his backpack (only eBooks ;) ). Therefore, J-Bo is smarter than a Quantum Physics major with a 1770 SAT score!
Considering that this was on Fox News, you have to consider the possibility that the journalist may not be aware of the existence of tablet computers.

Toledo Hospital Threw Out Donor Kidney, Now Denies Negligence
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/toledo-hos ... picks=true

There is so much WTF in this story, I don't know where to begin. I guess a good place to start is this plague of people and corporations not fucking taking responsibility for their actions AND never admitting to making a mistake.

schlmoe said:
Toledo Hospital Threw Out Donor Kidney, Now Denies Negligence
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/toledo-hos ... picks=true

There is so much WTF in this story, I don't know where to begin. I guess a good place to start is this plague of people and corporations not fucking taking responsibility for their actions AND never admitting to making a mistake.
SOP when lawyers are involved. They couldn't give a flying fuck about right and wrong, it's all about limiting the liability.

Egypt arrests swan 'for spying'

fzIwhDH.jpg

IN a case that's ruffling feathers in Egypt, authorities have detained a swan that a citizen suspected of being a spy.

Officials say a man brought the suspected winged infiltrator to a police station on Friday in the Qena governorate, some 450 kilometres southeast of Cairo.

Officials say the man suspected the bird was an undercover agent because it carried an electronic device.

The head of security in Qena said on Saturday that officials examined the bird and the device.

Mohammed Kamal said the device was neither an explosive nor a spying device. It likely could be a wildlife tracker.

With turmoil gripping Egypt, authorities and citizens remain suspicious of anything foreign.

Earlier this year, a security guard filed a police report after capturing a pigeon he said carried microfilm.

Woman Steals Boyfriend's Money, Hides It In Her Rectum​
Police in Tennessee say a woman severely injured herself last week while attempting to extract a wad of cash she had stolen from her boyfriend and hidden inside her rectum.

Bobby Gulley of Bulls Gap told a Hawkins County sheriff's deputy that his girlfriend, Christie Black, had apparently fallen for a trap he had set up for her that involved placing $5,000 and some drugs inside a medicine bag and going to sleep.

Upon waking up, Gulley noticed Black was still awake and his cash was gone.

Gulley found Black throwing up a bag full of "partially dissolved pills" and asked her about the money.

"he admitted to him she’d wrapped it up and stuck it in her rectum," HCSO Sgt. Michael Allen wrote in his report.

According to Black, Gulley was preparing to kick her out, and she stole the money so she could find a new place to live.

Black attempted to remove the money from her body using a toilet brush and a pair of tongs, but failed and injured herself in the process.

According to Allen, Black "was bleeding severely and was transported to the Hawkins County (Memorial Hospital) emergency room."

Doctors removed the money and handed it over to police as evidence.

Black remained hospitalized as of late last week. She will be charged with theft over $1,000 upon her release.

from http://gawker.com/woman-steals-boyfrien ... 1244357764

schlmoe said:
Poker_Babe said:
Woman 'steals' her bike back from thief

Another bike owner fights back!
Bicyclist steals back stolen bike, leaves cardboard cutout and letter for thief
Fight on, bike owners! :mrgreen:

This reminds me of an article I read about people who have locking baskets or some other lockable compartment on their bikes, scooters, mopeds, etc..

Some people are buying cheap prepaid phones that access to google play market and then installing the 'Prey' app. Then when they go out they lock that phone in the compartment. If it's stolen they can simply go to Prey's website and activate the tracking features of the phone. Location by gps, wifi area, it pops up a google map showing you exactly where your bike is at. It can even activate the webcam to take pictures of whoever stole it if it's installed on a laptop or tablet (or regular phone that wouldn't be in a locked dark little area). In the case of regular items it can also put a custom message on the screen like 'this is stolen, reward for return.' Or you can set it to lock everything down or secure wipe your data.

Give that report to the police and they can go get your stuff back. Cheap person's LoJack security system.

Iran's new president wishes Jews a "blessed Rosh Hashanah"
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-576 ... -hashanah/

In others news today, Hell freezes over. :lol:

Seriously, this is shocking, considering Iran's history of hostility to Israel, and Jews in general. I really, really hope this is a sincere gesture, and leads to more of the same.

What can I say, I am an incurable optimist ;)

Remote-controlled helicopter kills man
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... s-man.html

The 19 year old teenager, named as Roman Pirozek from Brooklyn, New York state, was out with his father flying the helicopter at Calvert Vaux Park when the accident happened. He lost control of the helicopter while doing a trick and it hit him in the head, also damaging his neck and shoulder. Paramedics tried to save him but he was pronounced him dead at the scene. Officials said it is thought he died instantly.
If that isn't a WTF, I don't know what is.

Woman forced to wait eight years to retrieve diamond earring swallowed by chicken

w8H9oMJ.jpg

A pet-owner will be forced to wait eight years to retrieve a lost diamond earring after her chicken swallowed the jewel while perching on her shoulder.
Claire Lennon, 38, of Berkshire, will not be able to recover the £300 diamond until her six-month old chicken Sarah gets old and dies.

Vets say the jewel, which was given to Miss Lennon by her partner Adam de Marco, is trapped inside Sarah's stomach and an operation to retrieve it could put the bird's life in danger.

Sarah could potentially live another eight years, forcing her owner to wait almost a decade for the return of the gift.

Miss Lennon said: "The vet said he could operate to recover the earring, but that might kill Sarah, which would devastate our six-year-old daughter Mia, who dotes on the chicken.

"So we'll have to wait till Sarah gets old and dies, but they live to a ripe old age – we are probably looking at another eight years before I get my earring back."

Miss Lennon described feeling a "sudden sharp pain" in her earlobe as she realised Sarah had gobbled down the earring whilst sitting on her shoulder at home near Newbury.

Miss Lennon and Mr de Marco, an IT specialist, put the chicken in a cage and spent the next few days searching the floor in case the earring had passed through the chicken.

However, with no sign of the diamond, the couple took their beloved pet to the vets.

"The X-ray showed it was stuck firmly in the gizzard so Carl [the vet] gave Sarah some laxatives, hoping it would pass," Miss Lennon said.

"But it didn't work, it's still stuck fast and we have accepted it is trapped inside and won't come out.

"The vet said he could operate and go in through Sarah's stomach but it could prove fatal.

"We couldn't face that – Mia adores Sarah and would be heartbroken.

"The vet said over the weeks and months, the platinum white gold would disintegrate and be ground down by the grit and stuff that hens eat to aid their digestion.

"But the diamond is so hard it will not be damaged and will just stay there in the until Sarah dies and then of course we can get it back."

Bizarrely, Sarah is in fact a cockerel.

Miss Lennon explained: "He's called Sarah because when we got him as a chick, we thought he was a she.

"When he got older and we realised it was a cockerel, we decided to stick with the name.

"Now he must be the most expensive chicken in the country!

"We're keeping as close eye on him to make sure he doesn't get caught, carried off and eaten by a fox or the diamond will be gone forever.

"It's a shame I have lost the earring because it was one of a matching pair that Adam bought for me so they're really sentimental and mean a lot.

"But we can't risk anything that might mean we lose Sarah.

"At least we know where the earring is – and one day I will get it back, even if it means waiting for a few years."

from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... icken.html

MrRodry said:
Woman forced to wait eight years to retrieve diamond earring swallowed by chicken

A pet-owner will be forced to wait eight years to retrieve a lost diamond earring after her chicken swallowed the jewel while perching on her shoulder.
Claire Lennon, 38, of Berkshire, will not be able to recover the £300 diamond until her six-month old chicken Sarah gets old and dies.
That chicken would be soup by sundown.

Coconut detained in Maldives over vote-rigging claims :thumbleft:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/s ... te-rigging

"A magician summoned by police established that the coconut was innocent, local officials have said. No arrests have been made."

FREE THE INNOCENT COCONUT!

JerryBoBerry said:
MrRodry said:

That chicken would be soup by sundown.

I am amazed at the people who let expensive/sentimental stuff that is small enough to be swallowed near their pets on a regular basis. ESPECIALLY something shiny near any sort of bird! I mean, come on! Did they never hatch chicks in elementary school? Did they not learn that baby animals are attracted to shiny, and that birds never grow out of that?

News flash: Animals tend to ruin stuff unless they've been heavily trained. If you have something precious, it's best to keep it locked away from animals, taking it out only when said animals will not be able to ruin/eat it.

(Don't misunderstand, I do love animals. But they cost so much money in the way of damages all the time. You'd think people would know this by now!)

LadyLuna said:
News flash: Animals tend to ruin stuff unless they've been heavily trained. If you have something precious, it's best to keep it locked away from animals, taking it out only when said animals will not be able to ruin/eat it.

(Don't misunderstand, I do love animals. But they cost so much money in the way of damages all the time. You'd think people would know this by now!)

word! im 2k out of pocket just from my dog eating/chewing things and taking her to the emergency vet. (what can i say, she looooves her some chocolate and can climb. who knew corgis can climb?)

thats not mentioning the stuff she destroyed by chewing as a pup, or as an adult for that matter. and im careful! partial list: a pair of glasses (300 bucks right there), 3 different charging cables for my ipod (im a slow learner), 1 connector for my ipod to the stereo, 2 cds (they fell and i didnt realize it), the leg of a chair bad enough that the chair was useless. 1 set of reallly nice gaming dice (i dropped them and she had them chewed and hidden in 30 seconds as a pup). a pillow, pillowcase and comforter set (isnt separation anxiety fun!)

worth every penny, but i swear one of these days im going to change her name to slipper and put my foot up her ass lol

Naked man caught 'having sex' with Land Rover
A naked man was caught 'having sex' with a Land Rover parked on the street.

A court heard how drunken Daniel Cooper, 24, was stripped off and started grinding against the blue 4x4 Land Rover Discovery.

Cooper was caught on CCTV simulating sex with the Land Rover which was parked outside a takeaway restaurant.

Cooper said he was so drunk he could not remember what happened until he was shown the CCTV pictures.

Father-of-three Cooper – described as normally being "a caring family man" – stripped off during a drunken night out with friends.

A court heard that earlier shocked revellers had seen him simulate sex with the counter of the kebab shop.

Cooper was also seen laying on the floor of the takeaway to simulate sex – with his trousers around his ankles.

Prosecutor John Wylde said: "First of all he was seen to be urinating.

"He was then seen to go down the High Street with his trousers around his ankles and his T-shirt pulled up over his head.

"Cooper was waving at cars and then took off his shirt completely.

"He was seen to enter a kebab shop where he was simulating the sex act against the corner of the counter.

"At one stage he lay on the ground and simulated the sex act. Then he did the same to a Land Rover Discovery vehicle which was parked nearby."

Police arrested Cooper in the town centre at Holywell, North Wales.

He told officers he was not used to drinking and had gone out with only £13 in his pocket on the night of August 18.

Cooper, of Springfields, Holywell, admitted indecent exposure when he appeared at Flintshire Magistrates Court sitting at Mold.

He was given a three-month community order which bans him from going outdoors between 7pm and 7am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights for the next three months.

He was also ordered to pay £85 costs.

Gary Harvey, defending, said: "My client is mortified and totally ashamed. He cannot recall what had occurred.

"He is a responsible family man who looks after the children while his wife went out to work."

The registration number of the Land Rover Discovery was not released to the court.

Cooper has changed his name to "Daniel Hotcock Cooper" on his Facebook page since being arrested.

His sex act with the counter of the kebab shop was filmed by some of Cooper's friends but was later deleted.

One of his pals said: "Daniel will never live this down – everyone is saying he was 'tyred' and 'exhausted' afterwards.

"He is not a pretty sight when naked. We all felt sorry for the Land Rover and hope it wasn't offended."

from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... Rover.html

Status
Not open for further replies.