AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wacky & Weird News Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama Tries to Close the OCEAN Because of Shutdown

Just before the weekend, the National Park Service informed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was “closed” due to the shutdown. Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square-miles of open ocean. Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown.

The Park Service will also have rangers on duty to police the ban… of access to an ocean. The government will probably use more personnel and spend more resources to attempt to close the ocean, than it would in its normal course of business.

This is governing by temper-tantrum. It is on par with the government’s ham-fisted attempts to close the DC WWII Memorial, an open-air public monument that is normally accessible 24 hours a day. By accessible I mean, you walk up to it. When you have finished reflecting, you then walk away from it.

http://patriotupdate.com/2013/10/obama-tries-close-ocean-shutdown/

Reactions: LadyLuna
JerryBoBerry said:

Just before the weekend, the National Park Service informed charter boat captains in Florida that the Florida Bay was “closed” due to the shutdown. Until government funding is restored, the fishing boats are prohibited from taking anglers into 1,100 square-miles of open ocean. Fishing is also prohibited at Biscayne National Park during the shutdown.

The Park Service will also have rangers on duty to police the ban… of access to an ocean. The government will probably use more personnel and spend more resources to attempt to close the ocean, than it would in its normal course of business.

This is governing by temper-tantrum. It is on par with the government’s ham-fisted attempts to close the DC WWII Memorial, an open-air public monument that is normally accessible 24 hours a day. By accessible I mean, you walk up to it. When you have finished reflecting, you then walk away from it.

Some people are giving Obama more credit for his micromanaging skills than he deserves. :woops: The problem with allowing access to these areas is that the people who would normally be around to bail you out if you get into trouble are not on duty in sufficient numbers.

Sevrin said:
JerryBoBerry said:

Some people are giving Obama more credit for his micromanaging skills than he deserves. :woops: The problem with allowing access to these areas is that the people who would normally be around to bail you out if you get into trouble are not on duty in sufficient numbers.

The point here is that it costs more to keep the people out than it does to patrol it like usual. Might as well just leave it open.

JerryBoBerry said:

Yep, truly wacky & weird that patriotupdate.com would be considered news and that they consider themselves patriots. :roll:

But it’s an exaggeration to state that Obama has tried to shut down the entire ocean -- or even to suggest that he has shuttered the Atlantic Ocean or all of the waters in the Keys. Tourists and locals can continue to fish, swim and play in the ocean, even in the Keys.

We throw a big ol’ bucket of ocean water from the Keys on this claim and rate this claim False.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...eets/did-obama-shut-down-ocean-part-shutdown/

If that site you quoted was being truthful, they would have replaced all instances of Obama with "the republican controlled House of Representatives". Obama has no control over what bills are sent to him. In fact, no bill has gotten as far as his desk to sign or veto in regards to the government shut down. If a clean bill for funding the government was put up it would pass. At this point, it is the Speaker of the House John Boehner that refuses to put a clean bill up for vote because he is being held hostage by his tea party folks. They will destroy this country because a law they do not like was passed by both houses and ruled constitutional by SCOTUS. They should add repealing Roe v Wade while they are at it, at least then I would believe their sincerity.

Just Me said:
They will destroy this country because a law they do not like was passed by both houses and ruled constitutional by SCOTUS.

We can only hope. Personally I'm hoping this continues to the full Economic shutdown. That would be fun!

LadyLuna said:
The point here is that it costs more to keep the people out than it does to patrol it like usual. Might as well just leave it open.
Where do you get your figures?

DJ class for babies

They can’t even talk — but these hipster babies will be able to drop ill beats and mix funky tracks.
At DJ school for rugrats, Brooklyn composer and local DJ Natalie Elizabeth Weiss aims to teach kids the basics for creating and mixing electronic music.
“The difference between listening to Mozart and listening to electronic music is that you can’t pick up a cello when you’re 3 months old but you can push play,” said Weiss, 31.
For $200, parents can enroll their diaper-clad DJs, from newborns to age 3, in her eight-week course beginning Sept. 18 at a Crown Heights thrift store and performance venue Cool Pony.
Weiss will show them how to mix and match tracks by turning knobs and pushing buttons on what’s known as a MIDI trigger connected to a laptop, she said.

Attachments

• babes.jpg
    babes.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 163
Bigfoot is real, and there's now both DNA and video evidence to prove it, claims one group of devoted Sasquatch researchers.

The group's "never-before-seen footage" of an alleged Bigfoot creature sleeping in the woods of Kentucky has been presented this week along with various blood and hair samples said to be unlike anything seen before.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z2hB5EqNcy

Sevrin said:
LadyLuna said:
Where do you get your figures?

I shall rephrase. The point the article is trying to make is: it costs more to keep the people out than it does to patrol it like usual: might as well just leave it open.

Was not trying to say I knew it, just saying this is what the article seems to be claiming.

Flesh-Eating Zombie Drug Hits Midwest (Still Not a Joke)

Last month, krokodil, a highly addictive drug that eats through human skin, made its first known appearance in the United States, with two cases reported in Arizona. Now, use of krokodil—which has been nicknamed the "zombie drug"—has spread to the Midwest. The Herald-News reports that five people have been treated for symptoms associated with krokodil use at the Provena Saint Joseph Medical Center in Joliet, Illinois, which is located about 40 miles from the Windy City.

Dr. Abhin Singla, director of addiction services at the Joliet hospital, told CBS 2 that one of the patients was a 25-year-old longterm heroin user who started using krokodil about a month ago. Singla notes, "When she came in, she had the destruction that occurs because of this drug, over 70 percent of her lower body."

As we reported last month, krokodil, which is Russian slang for Desomorphine, has a similar effect to heroin, but it is significantly cheaper and easier to make. Its main ingredients are codeine, iodine, red phosphorous, paint thinner, gasoline, and hydrochloric acid. It's far more addictive and deadly; krokodil users tend to only live two or three years. When the drug is injected into the skin, it often causes gangrene, forcing the skin to rot away, and causes speech problems and erratic muscle movements. Singla told the Beacon-News, "If you want to kill yourself, (using) this is the way to do it." (For gruesome and totally NSFW images of the health effects of krokodil, go here.)

Singla told the Herald-News that the krokodil users believed that they were getting heroin and were given the other drug instead. Most said they obtained the drug in Chicago—not Joliet. Three of the patients were "middle-class white women in their early to mid-20s" and the other two were men, one 22 and the other 32, with arm wounds, according to the paper. The 25-year-old remains in intensive care, and "two others have left the hospital against medical advice because they were afraid of prosecution." Krokodil is a new synthetic drug, so it is not yet a controlled substance, according to a DEA spokesperson.

Until this fall, the drug had never been seen before in the United States. However, the drug has been prevalent in Russia. In the first few months of 2011 alone, the Russia's Federal Drug Control Service confiscated 65 million doses of the drug.

The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) is not currently investigating the reported emergence of krokodil in the US. "We have not received any sort of specimen in any of our labs," DEA spokeswoman Dawn Dearden tells Mother Jones. But, she adds, "we're keeping an eye out on the trends across the country, and if and when we need to get involved, we certainly will."
Source with the links: http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/10 ... ds-chicago

Reactions: Sevrin and LadyLuna
Killing the customers is not a good business strategy... I wish these drug dealers would figure that out.

Who was the genius that initially thought injecting a mixture of red phosphorous, paint thinner, gasoline, and hydrochloric acid into their body would give them a good high? :snooty:

It rots their organs and tissue from the inside out. Supposedly, it's 3 times as potent as heroin but only 1/3 the cost for junkies.

MrRodry said:
Flesh-Eating Zombie Drug Hits Midwest (Still Not a Joke)

Last month, krokodil, a highly addictive drug that eats through human skin, made its first known appearance in the United States, with two cases reported in Arizona. Now, use of krokodil—which has been nicknamed the "zombie drug"—has spread to the Midwest. The Herald-News reports that five people have been treated for symptoms associated with krokodil use at the Provena Saint Joseph Medical Center in Joliet, Illinois, which is located about 40 miles from the Windy City.

Dr. Abhin Singla, director of addiction services at the Joliet hospital, told CBS 2 that one of the patients was a 25-year-old longterm heroin user who started using krokodil about a month ago. Singla notes, "When she came in, she had the destruction that occurs because of this drug, over 70 percent of her lower body."

As we reported last month, krokodil, which is Russian slang for Desomorphine, has a similar effect to heroin, but it is significantly cheaper and easier to make. Its main ingredients are codeine, iodine, red phosphorous, paint thinner, gasoline, and hydrochloric acid. It's far more addictive and deadly; krokodil users tend to only live two or three years. When the drug is injected into the skin, it often causes gangrene, forcing the skin to rot away, and causes speech problems and erratic muscle movements. Singla told the Beacon-News, "If you want to kill yourself, (using) this is the way to do it." (For gruesome and totally NSFW images of the health effects of krokodil, go here.)

Singla told the Herald-News that the krokodil users believed that they were getting heroin and were given the other drug instead. Most said they obtained the drug in Chicago—not Joliet. Three of the patients were "middle-class white women in their early to mid-20s" and the other two were men, one 22 and the other 32, with arm wounds, according to the paper. The 25-year-old remains in intensive care, and "two others have left the hospital against medical advice because they were afraid of prosecution." Krokodil is a new synthetic drug, so it is not yet a controlled substance, according to a DEA spokesperson.

Until this fall, the drug had never been seen before in the United States. However, the drug has been prevalent in Russia. In the first few months of 2011 alone, the Russia's Federal Drug Control Service confiscated 65 million doses of the drug.

The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) is not currently investigating the reported emergence of krokodil in the US. "We have not received any sort of specimen in any of our labs," DEA spokeswoman Dawn Dearden tells Mother Jones. But, she adds, "we're keeping an eye out on the trends across the country, and if and when we need to get involved, we certainly will."
Source with the links: http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/10 ... ds-chicago

This is not krokodil's first appearance though, it is an American innovation. I saw some nasty pictures of what happens to people on that stuff though, it made the faces of meth look like movie stars.

Further proof no good deed goes unpunished...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/13/n ... rom-party/

NORTH ANDOVER (CBS) — It’s tough for Eleanor Cox to talk about how heartbroken her daughter Erin is over the punishment she received for doing what she thought was right.

“She’s very fragile and I’m worried about her. Very worried about her. She didn’t do anything wrong,” Cox told WBZ-TV on Sunday.

Two weeks ago, Erin received a call from a friend at a party who was too drunk to drive. Erin drove to Boxford after work to pick up her friend. Moments after she arrived, the cops arrived too and busted several kids for underage possession of alcohol.

A North Andover High School honor student, Erin was cleared by police, who agreed she had not been drinking and was not in possession of alcohol. But Andover High told Erin she was in violation of the district’s zero tolerance policy against alcohol and drug use. In the middle of her senior year, Erin was demoted from captain of the volleyball team and told she would be suspended from playing for five games.

“If a kid asks for help from a friend, you don’t want that kid to say ‘I’m sorry I can’t help you. I might end up in trouble at school,’” said attorney Wendy Murphy, who is trying to help the Cox family get the school’s decision reversed.

The Cox family filed a lawsuit in District Court on Friday but a lawyer for the school district argued against any kind of injunction. The judge ruled the court did not have jurisdiction.

Meanwhile, the parents of Erin’s teammates have started a petition to support her.

Neither the school district nor its attorney could be reached for comment Sunday, but the Cox family is hoping they’ll listen to the host of supporters who’ve stood behind Erin.

“She didn’t do anything wrong. She did what she thought was right, and I’m very proud of her,” Erin’s mother said.

Bocefish said:
Further proof no good deed goes unpunished...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/13/n ... rom-party/

NORTH ANDOVER (CBS) — It’s tough for Eleanor Cox to talk about how heartbroken her daughter Erin is over the punishment she received for doing what she thought was right.

“She’s very fragile and I’m worried about her. Very worried about her. She didn’t do anything wrong,” Cox told WBZ-TV on Sunday.

Two weeks ago, Erin received a call from a friend at a party who was too drunk to drive. Erin drove to Boxford after work to pick up her friend. Moments after she arrived, the cops arrived too and busted several kids for underage possession of alcohol.

A North Andover High School honor student, Erin was cleared by police, who agreed she had not been drinking and was not in possession of alcohol. But Andover High told Erin she was in violation of the district’s zero tolerance policy against alcohol and drug use. In the middle of her senior year, Erin was demoted from captain of the volleyball team and told she would be suspended from playing for five games.

“If a kid asks for help from a friend, you don’t want that kid to say ‘I’m sorry I can’t help you. I might end up in trouble at school,’” said attorney Wendy Murphy, who is trying to help the Cox family get the school’s decision reversed.

The Cox family filed a lawsuit in District Court on Friday but a lawyer for the school district argued against any kind of injunction. The judge ruled the court did not have jurisdiction.

Meanwhile, the parents of Erin’s teammates have started a petition to support her.

Neither the school district nor its attorney could be reached for comment Sunday, but the Cox family is hoping they’ll listen to the host of supporters who’ve stood behind Erin.

“She didn’t do anything wrong. She did what she thought was right, and I’m very proud of her,” Erin’s mother said.

Is any of that worth suing over? What the school is doing is stupid, but parents seem to sue for everything nowadays.

Shaun__ said:
Is any of that worth suing over? What the school is doing is stupid, but parents seem to sue for everything nowadays.
I'd have to go with yes. I'd sue em too.

In this day and age of the system keeping records on you for everything. Something like academic punishment for drug and alcohol abuse (that's what is going on her record, not the full details) could hinder her chances of getting into a college she wants. Employers can look at her academic records...

Yeah, I'd sue their ass in a heartbeat for sure.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Sevrin
JerryBoBerry said:
Shaun__ said:

In this day and age of the system keeping records on you for everything. Something like academic punishment for drug and alcohol abuse (that's what is going on her record, not the full details) could hinder her chances of getting into a college she wants. Employers can look at her academic records...

Your potential future employers would not know anything about it, unless you spread it all over the internet. That kind of stuff is not going to show up in a high school transcript.

Shaun__ said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Shaun__ said:

Your potential future employers would not know anything about it, unless you spread it all over the internet. That kind of stuff is not going to show up in a high school transcript.

From Illinois (the first one i found after a short search.
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=1006&ChapterID=17

"Student Temporary Record" means all information contained in a school student record but not contained in the student permanent record. Such information may include family background information, intelligence test scores, aptitude test scores, psychological and personality test results, teacher evaluations, and other information of clear relevance to the education of the student, all subject to regulations of the State Board. The information shall include information provided under Section 8.6 of the Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act. In addition, the student temporary record shall include information regarding serious disciplinary infractions that resulted in expulsion, suspension, or the imposition of punishment or sanction. For purposes of this provision, serious disciplinary infractions means: infractions involving drugs, weapons, or bodily harm to another.
(f) Each school shall maintain student temporary records and the information contained in those records for not less than 5 years after the student has transferred, graduated, or otherwise withdrawn from the school. However, student temporary records shall not be disclosed except as provided in Section 5 or 6 or by court order.
(i) No school shall be required to separate permanent and temporary school student records of a student not enrolled in such school on or after the effective date of this Act or to destroy any such records, or comply with the provisions of paragraph
c) A parent's or student's request to inspect and copy records, or to allow a specifically designated representative to inspect and copy records, must be granted within a reasonable time, and in no case later than 15 school days after the date of receipt of such request by the official records custodian.
They keep all information for at least 5 years after you graduate (your permanent record is kept for 60 years if you look at that page). So you go to apply for a job and the employer says you need to sign a release so they can get your educational records, if you don't you don't get the job. If you do they get the records saying you were punished for drug use. I'm betting there are other states that keep those records much longer, but i'm not looking for them right now. :-D

JerryBoBerry said:
They keep all information for at least 5 years after you graduate (your permanent record is kept for 60 years if you look at that page). So you go to apply for a job and the employer says you need to sign a release so they can get your educational records, if you don't you don't get the job. If you do they get the records saying you were punished for drug use. I'm betting there are other states that keep those records much longer, but i'm not looking for them right now. :-D

Yes, I am sure employers ask potential job applicants to go get this for them, just so they can learn how many times they got detention in high school. Just think of all the kindergarteners who lives are being ruined by the weapons charges after being suspended for making guns from toast! The sky is falling, or you are being really paranoid. I would not work for a company that cared about something this stupid. Most employers only want a degree showing you graduated from high school or college.

Shaun__ said:
JerryBoBerry said:

Yes, I am sure employers ask potential job applicants to go get this for them, just so they can learn how many times they got detention in high school. Just think of all the kindergarteners who lives are being ruined by the weapons charges after being suspended for making guns from toast! The sky is falling, or you are being really paranoid. I would not work for a company that cared about something this stupid. Most employers only want a degree showing you graduated from high school or college.

You evidently don't understand the situation out there. Employers have been asking for full releases to your educational records for a long time now. And they go far beyond that. I've had to sign releases for 5 companies in my life. They pull every record out there. A full background check also includes your military, prison, rental, job histories, credit rating. How many tattoos you have, names of your family members... The list goes on far beyond that. Some look at every place you've lived for the past 30 years. Hell, I've had to agree to those background checks just to get an apartment.

That's here now. It already happens. Evidently you're not paranoid enough to have ever understood that. Try applying for a position that gives you full access to a bank with 14 billion in assets, including the vault and all customer records. The federal bonding process and all the release forms you have to sign will wake you out of that dream world quick. Have your fingerprints sent off to the FBI for a full background check, it makes the process even more special.

You're thinking subway or other shit jobs. Apply at a company with a few thousand employees and they'll run down every piece of information about you that exists in every database out there. Hell they pull your facebook now, you seriously don't think they will look for drug related records from school??? :lol:

JerryBoBerry said:
Shaun__ said:
JerryBoBerry said:

You evidently don't understand the situation out there. Employers have been asking for full releases to your educational records for a long time now. And they go far beyond that. I've had to sign releases for 5 companies in my life. They pull every record out there. A full background check also includes your military, prison, rental, job histories, credit rating. How many tattoos you have, names of your family members... The list goes on far beyond that. Some look at every place you've lived for the past 30 years. Hell, I've had to agree to those background checks just to get an apartment.

That's here now. It already happens. Evidently you're not paranoid enough to have ever understood that. Try applying for a position that gives you full access to a bank with 14 billion in assets, including the vault and all customer records. The federal bonding process and all the release forms you have to sign will wake you out of that dream world quick. Have your fingerprints sent off to the FBI for a full background check, it makes the process even more special.

You're thinking subway or other shit jobs. Apply at a company with a few thousand employees and they'll run down every piece of information about you that exists in every database out there. Hell they pull your facebook now, you seriously don't think they will look for drug related records from school??? :lol:

I have been checked by the FBI for a job before, it is not that big of a deal. You just have to give them a list of your friends, and tell them where you lived. The job I have now did a criminal check, credit check, drug testing, and wanted to see proof of graduation. Nobody really cares if you got caught at a party in high school, they do care about things like speeding tickets though. One of the people who was going to be hired at the same time as me lost out, because of that.

Magic Restroom Cafe Becomes America's First Toilet-Themed Restaurant
Usually, it takes time for a new restaurant to end up in the toilet, but the Magic Restroom Cafe was already there before it opened.

The Magic Restroom Cafe in southern California's City of Industry is America's first toilet-themed eatery. All the dishes, seats and food items are all focused on toilets, bathrooms and human bodily functions.

Customers hoping for a crappy dining experience sit on stools topped with toilet seats and order appetizing menu items like "golden poop rice," "black poop" (actually a chocolate sundae), "smells-like-poop" (braised pork over rice)," and "bloody number two" (vanilla-strawberry sundae).

Those defecation-themed dishes are then served in miniature toilet bowls, according to Eater L.A., which recommends the Stinky Tofu as the most appropriate food choice.

Tw5kPK5.jpg

VsLeBLH.jpg

dmKYxGL.jpg
Source with more photos (including the actual toilet of this place): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/1 ... 01763.html

Keeping the food theme:

Man Chokes To Death At Sausage-Eating Competition In Romania (GRAPHIC VIDEO)

A Romanian man was reportedly caught on video choking to death at a sausage-eating competition earlier this month.

The 60-year-old man, whose name was not released, was participating in "Fomilă Plescoi," an eating contest at the 6th Plescoi Sausage Festival on Oct. 5, Opinia reported.

At the four-minute mark in the video, screams can be heard as a crowd and surrounds the choking victim. Eventually, he appears to pass out. Medics say he could have been saved if someone had performed the Heimlich maneuver when he began choking, according to the Opinia. EMTs try to revive him in the video, but aren't successful.

The contest is named after Fomila, a fairytale character known for always being hungry.

Last year, a Florida man choked to death after devouring dozens of live cockroaches at a roach-eating event in Miami. Edward Archbold, 32, was pronounced the winner of the October competition before collapsing. Doctors said that roach body parts obstructed his airway.

The International Federation of Competitive Eating, which was not involved with either contest, has strict rules to prevent these kinds of incidents. According to IFOCE safety standards, all eating competitions must have an emergency medical technician present.

from: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/1 ... 00838.html

Shaun__ said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Shaun__ said:
JerryBoBerry said:

I have been checked by the FBI for a job before, it is not that big of a deal. You just have to give them a list of your friends, and tell them where you lived. The job I have now did a criminal check, credit check, drug testing, and wanted to see proof of graduation. Nobody really cares if you got caught at a party in high school, they do care about things like speeding tickets though. One of the people who was going to be hired at the same time as me lost out, because of that.

suing is almost the only way to have your voice heard if no one is letting you speak up or giving you the time of day to listen. (i agree, suing can get a little out of hand) but in this case i agree with bo berry. it can potentially harm her for college applications and future jobs. its not about them caring if you were at a party or not, it's about character. colleges do not want kids that will be getting in trouble for underage drinking, that looks bad on them and can get the institution in trouble. if i was the family i would have taken the same action, not to get any money, but to set the record straight.

red_ember said:
Shaun__ said:

suing is almost the only way to have your voice heard if no one is letting you speak up or giving you the time of day to listen. (i agree, suing can get a little out of hand) but in this case i agree with bo berry. it can potentially harm her for college applications and future jobs. its not about them caring if you were at a party or not, it's about character. colleges do not want kids that will be getting in trouble for underage drinking, that looks bad on them and can get the institution in trouble. if i was the family i would have taken the same action, not to get any money, but to set the record straight.
The job i was more directly thinking of when i wrote that was teaching. Many girls especially do go into teaching. When I applied to be a substitute teacher at a small school where I live I had to go and pay $50 to have my fingerprints sent off to the FBI for a full background check.

I'm of the opinion that every state now requires this for their teachers. This came about after teachers started having sex with students. Some school employees were found to be convicted sex offenders...Things of that nature. Every time it happened parents started wondering why the schools weren't doing more to protect their children and weed out these people. So state laws were passed.

When I went for my interview they had my full background check records. I asked to see them because I was curious what all was in there. Among the school records were even how many days I was tardy in 5th grade. Keep in mind when I went to 5th grade there were no computer records of any kind in schools. So the state had to have purposely gone back and added in all those records just to have an even bigger database of information on people.

I had no problems getting the position, but I'm absolutely certain if the girl in the OP applied for a teaching job with drug and alcohol suspensions on her record she would not get the job. There's just no reason to leave it on your record if you feel it's not justified. It will just come back to bite you in the ass if you don't.

‘Kick a Ginger Kid Day’ leads to attacks on schoolchildren

Secondary school pupils were left battered and bruised after an unofficial ‘Kick a Ginger Kid Day’.

Police are thought to be investigating incidents at the Wingfield Academy in Rotherham, Yorkshire, where at least six red-headed students were attacked on their way to classes on the same day.

The apparently coordinated attacks are similar to an idea featured in the controversial US adult cartoon South Park, in which characters organise a ‘Kick a Ginger Day’.

Parents at the 850-student school, with pupils aged between 11 and 16, have launched a Facebook group to highlight the issue, posting pictures of their children’s bruises and leading calls to ensure there is no repeat of the violence.

One mother, who asked not to be named, said she had taken her 13-year-old son out of the school until teachers could assure her there would be no further attacks.

She said: "My son rang me and said kids were kicking him, saying it was National Kick a Ginger Kid Day. He was scared so I went to get him out of school.

"My son's leg is swollen and there are bruises coming through.

“It is both boys and girls who have been carrying out this bullying and I want action from the school to make sure it does not happen again.”

The father of a 13-year-old girl said his daughter had also come home with bruised legs after being singled out because of her hair colour.

"I think it's disgusting,” he said. “It's very upsetting for my daughter. If I went into school and kicked a kid then I would be arrested.

"She should be able to go to school without having to worry about being kicked in the corridor.”
Several websites devoted to ‘Kick a Ginger Day’ have listed 20 November as the ‘official’ date, leading to concerns there will be further attacks on pupils next month.

Senior staff at the Wingfield Academy said the pupils who carried out the attacks had been “strongly reprimanded".
A spokesman for the school, which was rated ‘Outstanding’ for student care by Ofsted, said: “These deplorable acts, done in the name of singling innocent people out, have no place in our school and as soon as it was brought to my attention that such acts had taken place in our school, we acted swiftly to deliver a strong message.

"The pupils involved in carrying out these acts of violence have been strongly reprimanded and a school-wide warning has gone out that any future acts of violence, carried out in the name of discrimination, or any other reason, will be met with similar strong and decisive action.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/ed ... ldren.html

Status
Not open for further replies.